Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99
1 day ago
Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Godzilla vs. Kong (Blu-ray)
$34.99
14 hrs ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49

Saving Silverman (Blu-ray)
$13.29

The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99

Dead & Buried 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99

Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

Wonder Woman 1984 4K / Wonder Woman 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.99
3 hrs ago
Eye of the Tiger (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 05-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #21

Nov 2008
VA

Updated pics in HT gallery...

Deal to consider for anyone looking for 2 channel set ups!

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....okshelf-black-
Old 06-09-2009, 12:07 AM   #22

Dec 2008
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
For a while, you could buy brand new PSB speakers on Ebay for very low prices. .............
I just upgraded from Snell J1V to PSB T8. Got them from ebay, the seller is authorized dealer for PSB. Got a good price and I just set it up. Now how do I upload my HT set up? Attaching few pictures of my setup with the speakers. Love the forum and this is my first posting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TV-and-speakers.jpg (56.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg speakerWeb.jpg (71.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Curtain.jpg (61.0 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Big Daddy; 06-09-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #23
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2008
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayas11 View Post
I just upgraded from Snell J1V to PSB T8. Got them from ebay, the seller is authorized dealer for PSB. Got a good price and I just set it up. Now how do I upload my HT set up? Attaching few pictures of my setup with the speakers. Love the forum and this is my first posting.
Congratulations on your new speakers.

The best way to upload your pictures is to open an account with Photobucket.com. Upload your pictures from your computer to their site. After all the pictures are uploaded, find the address of your pictures. For example, assume the address of one of the pictures is

htttp://www.photbucket.com/....../blurays11.jpg

All you have to do for the picture to appear is to put this code in your post:

[IMG ]http://www.photbucket.com/....../blurays11.jpg[/IMG ]

Please note that I intentionally misspelled http and put a space after IMG so that the editor program does not interpret them as an actual web address and picture. You should not put the extra t and space in your statement.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #24

Nov 2008
VA

Quote:

verrrryyyy nice! how do they sound? And if you dont mind me asking how much were they for the pair?
Old 06-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #25

Nov 2008
VA

Stereophile Imagine T review: June 2009

http://www.stereophile.com/floorloud...t_loudspeaker/
Old 06-16-2009, 12:29 AM   #26

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSB_Paradigm_HSU View Post
verrrryyyy nice! how do they sound? And if you dont mind me asking how much were they for the pair?
First of all let me thank you for rating my HT gallery. I got them from ebay and paid $4200.00 including shipping. Very happy with the set up and it sure sounds good. I intend to replace the rear with the S2.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:39 AM   #27

Dec 2008

[QUOTE=Big Daddy;1989596]Congratulations on your new speakers..........QUOTE]

Thanks, I am enjoying them and they do sound great. I was also able to load the pictures and my HT is ...https://www.blu-ray.com/community/ga...ber=blurayas11. You have a great set up if have a chance visit my gallery.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:36 AM   #28
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2008
Southern California

[QUOTE=blurayas11;2012077]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Congratulations on your new speakers..........QUOTE]

Thanks, I am enjoying them and they do sound great. I was also able to load the pictures and my HT is ...https://www.blu-ray.com/community/ga...ber=blurayas11. You have a great set up if have a chance visit my gallery.
Your setup looks very nice. I am only concerned about the TV and speakers next to the fireplace. I hope you don't use the fireplace that often.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #29

Dec 2008

[QUOTE=Big Daddy;2012263]
Quote:
Your setup looks very nice. I am only concerned about the TV and speakers next to the fireplace. I hope you don't use the fireplace that often.
Luckily we have another fireplace upstairs in the living room and do not use the dowstairs one. The downstairs room is for the movies
Old 06-18-2009, 03:11 AM   #30

Dec 2007

Quote:
All though I'm a Snell fan, those PSB's are an upgrade from the J IV's - very nice.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:22 PM   #31

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
All though I'm a Snell fan, those PSB's are an upgrade from the J IV's - very nice.
I loved the Snells and the J1V's sounded great. Decided to upgrade as I saw great reviews on the PSB's. Matter of fact I am waiting for the PSB Platinum rear S2 which is being delived today to replace the rear Definitive BP-1.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:06 PM   #32

Dec 2008
Default Updated HT Gallery

Updated gallery, replaced Rear Definitive BP-1 with the PSB Platinum S2's. Boy they are heavy 31 Lbs each but they sound great. Can hear every sound clearly.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #33

Jul 2009
Default My First PSBs

Hey, I'm looking to upgrade my speakers and from what I've heard, definitely want to go with PSB. My max is $1500. Any suggestions??
Old 07-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #34
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2008
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetofSound View Post
Hey, I'm looking to upgrade my speakers and from what I've heard, definitely want to go with PSB. My max is $1500. Any suggestions??
Buy PSB Image T65 SYSTEM, 5 speakers and 1 subwoofer: $1,800

or

PSB Image T45 SYSTEM, 5 speakers and 1 subwoofer: $1,450

or

PSB Image T55 front speakers, center, 2 surrounds, and a separate subwoofer from PSB or another manufacturer.

https://dmc-electronics.com/Default.htm

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
Old 07-22-2009, 12:07 PM   #35

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave
Default Knockout $299 PSB Speakers

Check this out guys:

http://news.cnet.com/audiophiliac/?tag=blgs.list

http://news.ecoustics.com/bbs/messag...81/580721.html

John

Last edited by Johnny Vinyl; 07-22-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #36

Nov 2008
VA

AWESOME, good find...

Heres another:

http://blog.stereophile.com/stephenm...r_real_people/

The current IMAGE line is reallllly good so cant wait to hear these!
Old 07-23-2009, 04:52 PM   #37

Mar 2008
Toronto, ON

Hey, PSB Paradigm HSU, I see that you have recently purchased the Imagine's. I am really interested in these speakers and the new Images that have just been announced. From what I've read online I think the Imagine's are what will want, but the only thing holding me back from these is that the are 4 ohm speakers and require a more powerful receiver to push them, where as the Images could probably be pushed with any decent $500 receiver. I see that you have a seperate Emotive amp pushing them. When you purchased them did you find out how they would sound with just a receiver pushing them. Say something like the Yamaha RXV-1900 or Denon 989. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #38

Nov 2008
VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFiend View Post
Hey, PSB Paradigm HSU, I see that you have recently purchased the Imagine's. I am really interested in these speakers and the new Images that have just been announced. From what I've read online I think the Imagine's are what will want, but the only thing holding me back from these is that the are 4 ohm speakers and require a more powerful receiver to push them, where as the Images could probably be pushed with any decent $500 receiver. I see that you have a seperate Emotive amp pushing them. When you purchased them did you find out how they would sound with just a receiver pushing them. Say something like the Yamaha RXV-1900 or Denon 989. Thanks.
I dont claim to be an expert so from my personal experiences I know that the old (current) Image line was Fantastic...great bang for your buck. And you are correct that they will do fine with a decent receiver running them and the same will be true for these new Images. With the Imagines though, I knew from the start that I would need an external amp (emotiva). So to answer your question, no and nor do I recommend running the imagines without an external amp. Will it work? Probably but you will always be wondering if you are missing something from these great speakers.

To the point: You really CANT go wrong with any of these choices so it basically comes down to your budget

1) Image T45, C40, B15 from saturday audio or DMC electronics (try to bargain since the new images are coming out)

2) Wait a little and get the new Image T5, C5, and B5

3) Imagine T, C, and Image S50 (from DMC for $529) with an external amp

Your choice, good luck

Last edited by PSB_Paradigm_HSU; 07-23-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:28 PM   #39

Mar 2008
Toronto, ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSB_Paradigm_HSU View Post
I dont claim to be an expert so from my personal experiences I know that the old (current) Image line was Fantastic...great bang for your buck. And you are correct that they will do fine with a decent receiver running them and the same will be true for these new Images. With the Imagines though, I knew from the start that I would need an external amp (emotiva). So to answer your question, no and nor do I recommend running the imagines without an external amp. Will it work? Probably but you will always be wondering if you are missing something from these great speakers.

To the point: You really CANT go wrong with any of these choices so it basically comes down to your budget

1) Image T45, C40, B15 from saturday audio or DMC electronics (try to bargain since the new images are coming out)

2) Wait a little and get the new Image T5, C5, and B5

3) Imagine T, C, and Image S50 (from DMC for $529) with an external amp

Your choice, good luck
Thanks for the reply. Let me ask you. Do you run all five speakers off the Emotiva or just the Imagine's? Also I was researching receivers and the Yamaha RXV-1900, 3900 are both rated to push 4 ohms. I know you probably won't know if they would push them, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has used these amps for 4 ohm speakers.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #40

Nov 2008
VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFiend View Post
Thanks for the reply. Let me ask you. Do you run all five speakers off the Emotiva or just the Imagine's? Also I was researching receivers and the Yamaha RXV-1900, 3900 are both rated to push 4 ohms. I know you probably won't know if they would push them, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has used these amps for 4 ohm speakers.
I run all 5 speakers with the emotiva. Around 225 wpc with 5 channels driven is plenty I think.

I personally dont have any experience with those receivers but at around $1300 for the RXV 1900, I'd go with the yamaha 665 and emotiva. Although I do see that Emotiva raised theyre prices, but still I'd go that route.

Or a yamaha 665 with the new Images should be prettttttyyy good as well though
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers