Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99
15 hrs ago
Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
15 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 day ago
Dead & Buried 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99
1 day ago
Saving Silverman (Blu-ray)
$13.29
1 day ago
Baise-moi (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
1 day ago
The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

Million Dollar Mystery (Blu-ray)
$17.99
5 hrs ago
Wildcats (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 08-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

I got my outriggers yesterday:

It took something like 15 minutes to install (including taking pictures), so it was fairly easy.

Before:

During:

After:

Overall, I didn't really have the time to sit down and listen closely so I can't comment on the impact on sound (probably what you would get from using spikes vs rubber feets) but it did sound a bit different probably due to the increased height of the tweeters (they are more at ear level with the outriggers) or simply because of shear excitement (...placebo effect).

Anyway, the speakers are more stable now and it looks (in my opinion) awesome!

Last edited by Johk; 08-28-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #42

Jul 2009

Looks great Johk, I am heavily considering Axiom for my next speaker purchase. Hope you find time to enjoy your newly raised speakers.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #43
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsDead View Post
Looks great Johk, I am heavily considering Axiom for my next speaker purchase. Hope you find time to enjoy your newly raised speakers.
Thanks! Axiom offer really nice quality speakers at an affordable price. The speakers from SVS (specially the MTS family) seems to be another good alternative (based on the reviews I've seen).
Old 11-20-2009, 04:18 PM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
NH - Live free or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johk View Post
Thanks! Axiom offer really nice quality speakers at an affordable price. The speakers from SVS (specially the MTS family) seems to be another good alternative (based on the reviews I've seen).
how are the rear channel surrounds mounted. i looked at you pics and was wondering if you could just mount them flush to a wall? do they have a hole/hook on the back to mount them flush? thanks
Old 11-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #45

Apr 2009
washington(state)

you can easily flush mount them to the wall. the brackets that come in the box with the qs8's are just for this purpose. just to point out the obvious, be sure to mount them to a stud in the wall because these puppies are heavy (14 pounds) and they vibrate so much that they will work them selfs loose from just sheetrock.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
NH - Live free or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkr View Post
you can easily flush mount them to the wall. the brackets that come in the box with the qs8's are just for this purpose. just to point out the obvious, be sure to mount them to a stud in the wall because these puppies are heavy (14 pounds) and they vibrate so much that they will work them selfs loose from just sheetrock.
cool, thanks
Old 11-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #47
Special Member

Jul 2008
So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johk View Post
JohK, Haven't been on this thread in a while...noticed you got the Outriggers on your towers. They look great man. Did sound quality improve in your opinion?
Old 11-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #48
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2008
L'assomption, Qc
Send a message via MSN to 4x12

New Axiom owner!! Finally got my first pair of QS8's yesterday!! They look damn good!! I can't wait to set them up this week end...

I was supposed to order 2 pairs of QS8's from the Outlet but went a different route. For an extra $50 I got a new pair and used the other half of the money for a new TV Stand. Ill most likely be ordering the 2nd pair from the outlet early next year.

Theres still a lot of work to do in the HT/LV area so once everything is redone ill post some pics.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:08 AM   #49
Special Member

Jul 2008
So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x12 View Post
New Axiom owner!! Finally got my first pair of QS8's yesterday!! They look damn good!! I can't wait to set them up this week end...

I was supposed to order 2 pairs of QS8's from the Outlet but went a different route. For an extra $50 I got a new pair and used the other half of the money for a new TV Stand. Ill most likely be ordering the 2nd pair from the outlet early next year.

Theres still a lot of work to do in the HT/LV area so once everything is redone ill post some pics.
Congrats on your QS8's! Your gonna love em.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:54 AM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2008
L'assomption, Qc
Send a message via MSN to 4x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosG View Post
Congrats on your QS8's! Your gonna love em.
I'm sure I will... I was surprised how fast they got here! Placed the order on Tuesday morning, got an email late afternoon saying it was shipped and they arrived yesterday!

They look fantastic! The top grills are a bit of a pain to remove though... I had to wedge something in there and slowly pop it up to reveal that sweet black and white speaker The only thing I didnt like was that T bracket they include with it... seems kinda thin, a little cheap to be honest.

Last edited by 4x12; 11-21-2009 at 03:57 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:01 AM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
NH - Live free or Die

Quote:
I'm sure I will... I was surprised how fast they got here! Placed the order on Tuesday morning, got an email late afternoon saying it was shipped and they arrived yesterday!

They look fantastic! The top grills are a bit of a pain to remove though... I had to wedge something in there and slowly pop it up to reveal that sweet black and white speaker The only thing I didnt like was that T bracket they include with it... seems kinda thin, a little cheap to be honest.
besides a wall mount how do you mount these speakers? i would want to flush mount them against my side walls and back walls? can it be done? i tries to find a picture of the back and could not.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:02 AM   #52
Special Member

Jul 2008
So Cal

Quote:

As long as you make use of all the mounting holes on the bracket, that speaker aint going no-where. I actually used wall anchors on each and every mounting screw and that keeps the bracket on there solid.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:09 AM   #53
Special Member

Jul 2008
So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4blu View Post
besides a wall mount how do you mount these speakers? i would want to flush mount them against my side walls and back walls? can it be done? i tries to find a picture of the back and could not.
That is precisely the type of bracket that comes with these speakers. This is how the back of the speaker and the bracket look:

Old 11-21-2009, 04:32 AM   #54
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
NH - Live free or Die

Quote:
That is precisely the type of bracket that comes with these speakers. This is how the back of the speaker and the bracket look:

oh ok, thanks. wowo so you have to mount the T bracket against the wall and then hang the speaker on it. ok cool, thanks

do they come with little rubber bumpers to stop them from vibrating on the wall?
Old 11-21-2009, 04:36 AM   #55
Special Member

Jul 2008
So Cal

Quote:
oh ok, thanks. wowo so you have to mount the T bracket against the wall and then hang the speaker on it. ok cool, thanks

do they come with little rubber bumpers to stop them from vibrating on the wall?
Yup
Old 11-21-2009, 04:37 AM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
NH - Live free or Die

i am so considering ordering a whole set up from these guys. i have been impressed with everything so far, except i have not heard them yet. i will see if there are any one inthe area i can go listen to them.

the factory outlet area, is that cool to order from? i know they may have minor blemishes, but they say they are 100% working correctly. you can save some money that way boy. check out this cart i put together, now bare in mind i was going to use the QS8 for surrounds and the QS4 for back surrounds. check out the link

http://www.axiomaudio.com/shopping_cart_disp.html

i might be able to get away with not getting the sub cause i have a cambridge 1000wt powered sub now in mahogany finish. so if you take that out its jsut about $2025.00 and that my friends is a smokin deal for a whole set up

Last edited by ryan4blu; 11-21-2009 at 04:39 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:46 AM   #57
Special Member

Jul 2008
So Cal

Quote:
i am so considering ordering a whole set up from these guys. i have been impressed with everything so far, except i have not heard them yet. i will see if there are any one inthe area i can go listen to them.

the factory outlet area, is that cool to order from? i know they may have minor blemishes, but they say they are 100% working correctly. you can save some money that way boy. check out this cart i put together, now bare in mind i was going to use the QS8 for surrounds and the QS4 for back surrounds. check out the link

http://www.axiomaudio.com/shopping_cart_disp.html

i might be able to get away with not getting the sub cause i have a cambridge 1000wt powered sub now in mahogany finish. so if you take that out its jsut about $2025.00 and that my friends is a smokin deal for a whole set up
The link to the shopping cart shows up empty for security purposes, i think. As far as the factory outlet goes...I think Johk and a few others have taken advantage of the deals they offer there and they have been pleasantly surprised at the near mint condition of the products. Very minimal cosmetic stuff that is barely even noticeable if at all...

Last edited by SDBlu; 11-21-2009 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:50 AM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
NH - Live free or Die

Quote:
The link to the shopping cart shows up empty for security purposes, i think. As far as the factory outlet goes...I think Johk and a few others have taken advantage of the deals they offer there and they have been pleasantly surprised at the near mint condition of the products. Very minimal cosmetic stuff that is barely even noticeable it at all...
sorry, must be my cookies that saved them for me, but no one else can see it, sorry. ya i figure for the price you save the blemishes cant be bad at all if they are that strict on the A line.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:55 AM   #59
Special Member

Jul 2008
So Cal

Quote:
sorry, must be my cookies that saved them for me, but no one else can see it, sorry. ya i figure for the price you save the blemishes cant be bad at all if they are that strict on the A line.
This company really stands behind their products and if you have any problems or issues they are always there to help.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:02 AM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
NH - Live free or Die

Quote:
This company really stands behind their products and if you have any problems or issues they are always there to help.
how do you like your m60's and your 150 center?? i was looking at the specs and they seem as big as my cambridge newton T200 towers i am using. i have T500's as well but not using them yet. the problem i am having is findin a decent center channel that will fit my shelf, but be below the height of my plasma screen to not interfer with it. this is how the whole speaker buying idea came into my mind. i already have some kick a$$ speakers, just a not so good center. so i want to make sure my front 3 speakers are all matched. so thats my issue.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers