Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99
14 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 day ago
Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Dead & Buried 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99
1 day ago
Saving Silverman (Blu-ray)
$13.29
1 day ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
1 day ago
Baise-moi (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Million Dollar Mystery (Blu-ray)
$17.99
3 hrs ago
Wildcats (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

Smile (Blu-ray)
$23.49
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 05-08-2009, 02:14 AM   #21

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDef-Crazy View Post
I have some monitor 50s and Monitor 30s shipping this week. My living room has Monitor 60s CS2 and R150

What I would like to do is keep the Monitor 60s and the CS2 in th living room then add the Monitor 30s for the surrounds. Then move the R150 surrounds in to the game/movie room with the Monitor 50s that are coming also. The only thing is finding a great sub for the movie room. I run 2 JBL venue series in the living room.

Just wanted to let you know with people like Big Daddy and others on this forum I would have had my BOSE Speaker system forever but not now after listening to them. The system I have now sounds like a sound system should.

I have pictures in my gallery if you want to take a peak.
I'm not going to say it ! But yes I'm sure it does sound better now !!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:16 AM   #22

Sep 2007
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyBLUE View Post
I'm not going to say it ! But yes I'm sure it does sound better now !!
Go ahead and say it It sounds awesome now.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:18 AM   #23

Oct 2008
Portland, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver_King View Post
If you can, bargain for them.
I can definitely talk him down. Probably to $300. I will try.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:20 AM   #24
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

All of my speakers are Polk! with the exception of my sub-woofer. I am very happy with them too. I just added an Emotiva XPA-5 amp to my system and I think that it has really opened my Polks up like never before. They sound better than ever, my only regret (and it's not a terribly big regret either) is that I didn't buy the RTi12 but, at the time the money wasn't there (got two kids who were young at the time)
Old 05-08-2009, 03:34 AM   #25
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

Quote:
Just for you Big Daddy !!!

Ok I'll say it -- I'm sure it doesn't really make a difference AQ wise, but if you wanted, you could just unscrew the tweeter and flip it, right? - that is too funny. I've never seen that before. Either way, I bet those 4 speakers kick A____! I love my Polks, and will be installing the Wall mounts for the 30's tomorrow after work, then re-running Audyssey & getting ready for another Crazy Sports nite (Bruins game 4 at 7:30 , Celtics at 8 , Red Sox are on 7, GESH!!)

Last edited by Aerodude73; 05-08-2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:50 AM   #26

Sep 2007
Plumas Lake, CA

I have a question for you Polk gurus out there. Within my price range that I'm looking at I have 2 options for towers. The RTI A5 or the TSI500. The A5 has 2 6.5" drivers and the 500 has 4 6.5" drivers. Which one do you guys think is the better choice. I still have to go out and listen to them, but I would like your opinions as well.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:01 AM   #27

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
Ok I'll say it -- I'm sure it doesn't really make a difference AQ wise, but if you wanted, you could just unscrew the tweeter and flip it, right? - that is too funny. I've never seen that before. Either way, I bet those 4 speakers kick A____! I love my Polks, and will be installing the Wall mounts for the 30's tomorrow after work, then re-running Audyssey & getting ready for another Crazy Sports nite (Bruins game 4 at 7:30 , Celtics at 8 , Red Sox are on 7, GESH!!)
The speaker sounds fine so why bother . I have said this before ~ It could be the only TSi-300 on earth like it !!
Old 05-08-2009, 04:43 AM   #28
Special Member

Jul 2007
FL, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJMetsFan View Post
I have a question for you Polk gurus out there. Within my price range that I'm looking at I have 2 options for towers. The RTI A5 or the TSI500. The A5 has 2 6.5" drivers and the 500 has 4 6.5" drivers. Which one do you guys think is the better choice. I still have to go out and listen to them, but I would like your opinions as well.
Both are nice speakers but the main difference is going to that the RTi A5's will have better components, but a much better cabinet design. While the tech specs arent much different i think you'll find the A5's to sound better.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:01 AM   #29

Sep 2007
Plumas Lake, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister184 View Post
Both are nice speakers but the main difference is going to that the RTi A5's will have better components, but a much better cabinet design. While the tech specs arent much different i think you'll find the A5's to sound better.
Thanks for the info. Which center and surround is the better set for the A5's? The FXi A6 or A4 for surrounds, the CSi A6 or A4 for the center. I want the set to be fairly equal. Meaining I don't want the surrounds or the center to over power the fronts.

Also a good sub to go with it. I will only have 1 at first then buy a second sub at a later time.

Last edited by NJMetsFan; 05-08-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:26 AM   #30
Special Member

Jul 2007
FL, USA

unless your not worried about money, i would say dont be afraid to kinda mix and match a little. For example i have Rti10's as my mains but Monitor 30s for my surrounds. You want your center to match what mains your getting so if you go with the the A5's i would go with the csi a4 or a csi3 (older model). Monitor 40s make a good surround, but you can get Rti4s (or rti a1's) for a decent price off and on so go with those if a deal comes by. Subs i would get something other than polk personally. Their subs never really impressed me. i personally really like Yamaha and Velodyne.

Last edited by sinister184; 05-08-2009 at 05:41 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:59 AM   #31
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008

Quote:
The speaker sounds fine so why bother . I have said this before ~ It could be the only TSi-300 on earth like it !!
well I guess you have a point there.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:08 PM   #32
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2009
South Florida

if anyone is interested, a local guy is selling a PAIR of t90e's for $200 total
i have been emailing him for day now as i MAY want them for my surrounds (use my monitor 30s as rear surrounds), but im really afraid of what my wife will say THIS TIME as i promised her no more electronic stuff until the end of july when our daughter is born

T90E CRAIGSLIST LISTING

so if anyone wants them i can pick them up....its about 10 minutes from my house.....and ship them to you.
you have to cover the entire cost which should NOT be more than 240-250 including shipping for BOTH speakers)

Last edited by DonRSD; 05-08-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #33
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD View Post
if anyone is interested, a local guy is selling a PAIR of t90e's for $200 total
i have been emailing him for day now as i MAY want them for my surrounds (use my monitor 30s as rear surrounds), but im really afraid of what my wife will say THIS TIME as i promised her no more electronic stuff until the end of july when our daughter is born

T90E CRAIGSLIST LISTING

so if anyone wants them i can pick them up....its about 10 minutes from my house.....and ship them to you. you have to cover the entire cost which should NOT be more than 240-250 including shipping for BOTH speakers)
Lol - you Just got the 30's & the mounts up recently, right?! Nut. You better listen to the wife, and stall the "Upgrade-itis" for a while with the baby on the way. Good price though, i'm sure someone here (or there) will buy them.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #34

Oct 2008
twin city area

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJMetsFan View Post
Thanks for the info. Which center and surround is the better set for the A5's? The FXi A6 or A4 for surrounds, the CSi A6 or A4 for the center. I want the set to be fairly equal. Meaining I don't want the surrounds or the center to over power the fronts.

Also a good sub to go with it. I will only have 1 at first then buy a second sub at a later time.
im liking my a6 with my rti8s. for subs, most people here will tell you elemental designs, svs or hsu... i agree.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #35
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2009
South Florida

Quote:
Lol - you Just got the 30's & the mounts up recently, right?! Nut. You better listen to the wife, and stall the "Upgrade-itis" for a while with the baby on the way. Good price though, i'm sure someone here (or there) will buy them.

well i was going to leave the 30s where they are AND put the t90es on the sides next to the couch.

i cant help it man, im addicted.

im 50/50 on buying these so if someone else buys them itll save me a headache....lol
Old 05-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #36
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Milwaukee, WI

Quote:
well i was going to leave the 30s where they are AND put the t90es on the sides next to the couch.

i cant help it man, im addicted.

im 50/50 on buying these so if someone else buys them itll save me a headache....lol
LOL and you're asking me about Def Techs too... you're hopelessly addicted. I think you're just attracted to the good price of the T90e's. Honestly, in your current setup, you don't need them. I would love to get my surrounds mounted like you but plaster is a b*tch.

Stick with what you have or upgrade to a new line, but don't get those T90e's unless you're thinking of building another setup in a different part of the house (oh good Lord, what have I done?! )
Old 05-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #37

Jan 2009
Positioning myself in front of the crease, getting slashed behind the knees by Billy Smith! :(

Guess I'll chime in and say that I really like my CS10 and T90e's, along with my TSI 100's in the back as well. I have been very pleased with the depth and better quality of the sound I have now compared to my old Sony's..

By the way, yes aramis, you have transforemd DonRSD into an HT monster.....
Old 05-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #38
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008

Quote:
well i was going to leave the 30s where they are AND put the t90es on the sides next to the couch. - i cant help it man, im addicted. - im 50/50 on buying these so if someone else buys them itll save me a headache....lol
"Nuts-R-Us, DonRSD speaking, Can I help you?" - You sound like me, but I, LIKE YOU, really Don't Have the ROOM -- especially with your 30's on the back wall above you, it'd be kind of overkill Audio wise; much like it would have been if I did something similar. If anyone in the area has brains, they'll buy those to save you the worry. Either from Craigslist or here, hopefully someone will "take them off your mind, errr, Hands"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis109 View Post
LOL and you're asking me about Def Techs too... you're hopelessly addicted. I think you're just attracted to the good price of the T90e's. Honestly, in your current setup, you don't need them. I would love to get my surrounds mounted like you but plaster is a b*tch.

Stick with what you have or upgrade to a new line, but don't get those T90e's unless you're thinking of building another setup in a different part of the house (oh good Lord, what have I done?! )
Listen to him also - no need, no room - kindof like "crazyBLUE" & his HT with the 7.1. To ME, that room looks too small for 7.1 with how close the Surrounds & Rear Surr's are, but if it works for him, all the more power. I'm not hatin', lol. - Aramis, do you have a Studfinder to put the wall mounts up? I just borrowed a friends' and will be putting up my mounts for the Monitor 30's today after work.

* EDIT: Forsberg21 -- you have More room for the 7.1 set-up, so we are jealous if I might speak for us. ;-) *

Last edited by Aerodude73; 05-08-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:08 PM   #39
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2009
South Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis109 View Post

as far as the t90e (another set) i too think its overkill aka crazyblu setup (no disrespect)
though i could use another set of t90e for the bedroom!!!

Quote:
"Nuts-R-Us, DonRSD speaking, Can I help you?" - You sound like me, but I, LIKE YOU, really Don't Have the ROOM -- especially with your 30's on the back wall above you, it'd be kind of overkill Audio wise; much like it would have been if I did something similar. If anyone in the area has brains, they'll buy those to save you the worry. Either from Craigslist or here, hopefully someone will "take them off your mind, errr, Hands"

Listen to him also - no need, no room - kindof like "crazyBLUE" & his HT with the 7.1. To ME, that room looks too small for 7.1 with how close the Surrounds & Rear Surr's are, but if it works for him, all the more power. I'm not hatin', lol. - Aramis, do you have a Studfinder to put the wall mounts up? I just borrowed a friends' and will be putting up my mounts for the Monitor 30's today after work.

* EDIT: Forsberg21 -- you have More room for the 7.1 set-up, so we are jealous if I might speak for us. ;-) *

i love you guys. you always steer me straight when i get the sudden urge to buy something....lol

as far as the wall mounts....the speakers are only 9 pounds. youll be good even hanging them from drywall with some anchors.

both of mine are stuck solid on wood. they dont move at ALL.

aero.....the mounts shouldnt take too long to put up.....and take some pics!!!

im painting my wire raceways today (my house downstairs kitchen is done being remodled today!!) and i should have the racweways put up by tomorrow or sunday

then next week = the upstairs is getting gutted of rug to install hardwopod flooring

what a warzone my house is right now.
my fridge & oven are in the back yard since yesterday afternoon...lol
Old 05-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #40
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008

Quote:
as far as the t90e (another set) i too think its overkill aka crazyblu setup (no disrespect) though i could use another set of t90e for the bedroom!!!

i love you guys. you always steer me straight when i get the sudden urge to buy something....lol

as far as the wall mounts....the speakers are only 9 pounds. youll be good even hanging them from drywall with some anchors. - both of mine are stuck solid on wood. they dont move at ALL.

aero.....the mounts shouldnt take too long to put up.....and take some pics!!!

im painting my wire raceways today (my house downstairs kitchen is done being remodled today!!) and i should have the racweways put up by tomorrow or sunday

then next week = the upstairs is getting gutted of rug to install hardwopod flooring - what a warzone my house is right now. my fridge & oven are in the back yard since yesterday afternoon...lol
HAHAHAHAAHA-- T90e's for the bedroom?! Why, Until you convince ur Better half "we really DO have the room downstairs honey!". Nut. -- & yes, I'l take pics soon enough. I look forward to seeing how those Raceways look. Oh, tell "Norm Abrams or Bob Villa" we say hello!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers