Best PS5 Games Deals


Best PS5 Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Monster Truck Championship (PS5)
$25.83
 
Marvel's Avengers (PS5)
$24.99
 
NBA 2K21 (PS5)
$79.00
 
Spirit of the North Enhanced Edition (PS5)
$28.60
1 hr ago
NBA 2K21 (PS5)
$39.99
 
Balan Wonderworld (PS5)
$39.61
 
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS5)
$41.88
1 day ago
Ratchet & Clank (PS5)
$69.88
 
Returnal (PS5)
$69.00
 
Hunting Simulator 2 (PS5)
$28.24
 
Mortal Shell (PS5)
$39.99
 
Far Cry 6 (PS5)
$59.88
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2020, 12:41 PM   #1
Himmel Himmel is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Himmel's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Origae-6
48
304
Default Resident Evil 8 (Rumored in the works)


Quote:
Fansite Biohazard Declassified and Twitter user Dusk Golem (whose account has now mysteriously been shut down), Capcom is gearing up for Resident Evil 8!

Again, take these with your usual salt lick, as none of this has been confirmed by Capcom, nor has RE8 even been confirmed to be in development.I

According to Dusk (who also released info regarding the rumours of Konami and Silent Hill), RE8 had been in development since 2016, but had the project had been scrapped roughly 7 months ago and was in the process of being completely reworked.

Then, on Biohazard Declassified’s tipline email, they received an email with more info on the supposed RE8 development. According to the sender (and again, these are still unconfirmed), the game will feature the following:

Ethan will be returning as a playable character.
Resident Evil 8 was tested last year.
It will not be called Resident Evil 8, but will have a “clever title”
The game will be in First-person like RE7.
Gameplay starts in a village leading up to a castle.
The environment will be rural, snowy, and mountainous; possibly Europe.
Regular zombies will be appearing instead of the Molded from RE7.
There is a persistent shadowy “female” enemy that will follow you but will dissipate if shot.
There are also wolf-like creatures that will attack the player in certain areas.
Chris Redfield will also be returning in some capacity.Source



Last edited by Mavrick; 06-12-2020 at 05:04 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (01-28-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 01:34 PM   #2
NARMAK NARMAK is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Why do they need to do 1st person when the RE2 Remake just sold like hot cakes and RE3 Remake looks set to do similar. I get if they want to add a 1st person PoV too but it kinda sucks imo seeing RE games lose 3rd person. I do overall like the supposed setting but RE games have managed to mangle us into accepting these enhanced faster zombies i wonder if they can go back without getting criticised as RE2 & RE3 didn't have them in the original games, they kinda get a free pass.

It kinda seems they ripped off a little bit of Kojimas Silent Hills PT demo with Lisa following you.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
JEDGAR1000 (03-21-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 04:26 PM   #3
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
47
623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
Why do they need to do 1st person when the RE2 Remake just sold like hot cakes and RE3 Remake looks set to do similar. I get if they want to add a 1st person PoV too but it kinda sucks imo seeing RE games lose 3rd person. I do overall like the supposed setting but RE games have managed to mangle us into accepting these enhanced faster zombies i wonder if they can go back without getting criticised as RE2 & RE3 didn't have them in the original games, they kinda get a free pass.

It kinda seems they ripped off a little bit of Kojimas Silent Hills PT demo with Lisa following you.
RE 7 sold well though and this game may be VR compatible. Suits me, I loved RE 7. Stunning in VR.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:00 PM   #4
NARMAK NARMAK is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
RE 7 sold well though and this game may be VR compatible. Suits me, I loved RE 7. Stunning in VR.
Whilst i don't have an issue with RE games in VR as having gone a more action route, it made the camera angles seem a little dated but RE2 Remake seemed to make that a non-issue. I guess if they don't make this a main entry and call it RE with a subtitle i'd be fine with that tbh. Felt RE7 wasn't a proper main entry worthy of RE7 as a title but hey, that's marketing choices i guess. I won't grumble at an amazing crap your pants RE8 with snowy vistas made with forward compatible PSVR 2.0 in mind to some degree. I think Capcom is big enough to maybe have Dev Kits already now.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-28-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 10:16 PM   #5
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
47
623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
Whilst i don't have an issue with RE games in VR as having gone a more action route, it made the camera angles seem a little dated but RE2 Remake seemed to make that a non-issue. I guess if they don't make this a main entry and call it RE with a subtitle i'd be fine with that tbh. Felt RE7 wasn't a proper main entry worthy of RE7 as a title but hey, that's marketing choices i guess. I won't grumble at an amazing crap your pants RE8 with snowy vistas made with forward compatible PSVR 2.0 in mind to some degree. I think Capcom is big enough to maybe have Dev Kits already now.
RE in VR was my finest hour this generation (flat or VR) without doubt. I played it again flat but just not the same game. To be able to peer around a wall to see if the enemy is close was pulse racing and the immersive experience as you play cat and mouse with that family, wow. Even walking through a dark door was made a thousand times more tense in VR. I actually think it’s a crying shame only 5 million PS4 fans have played the game that way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:24 PM   #6
NARMAK NARMAK is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
RE in VR was my finest hour this generation (flat or VR) without doubt. I played it again flat but just not the same game. To be able to peer around a wall to see if the enemy is close was pulse racing and the immersive experience as you play cat and mouse with that family, wow. Even walking through a dark door was made a thousand times more tense in VR. I actually think itís a crying shame only 5 million PS4 fans have played the game that way.
Don't get me wrong, horror in VR is an extremely potent experience done right but i just never felt RE7 was a main entry. It should have been under a sub title and i wouldn't question anything else. So if they do that here instead of officially calling it Resident Evil 8 i'll be fine with that too.

I think on a PS5 with BC and VR, games will really be something.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (01-29-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 01:32 PM   #7
DJR662 DJR662 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
DJR662's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
30
Default

This better be compatible with PSVR (2) otherwise what's the use of it being in first person?

I'd much rather have a new third person RE game in the same vein as the excellent RE 2 remake though, with much more emphasis on exploring, puzzels and a creepy horror atmosphere instead of shooting and action (and with no co-op mode, so no AI partner either!).

RE7 was a great VR title, but it didn't really felt like a RE game to me. IMO it should have been released under a different title and as a spinoff of some sort. But it was/is an amazing VR experience nevertheless.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-29-2020)
Old 05-15-2020, 03:17 PM   #8
TecmoZack TecmoZack is offline
Senior Member
 
TecmoZack's Avatar
 
Apr 2019
Texas
50
192
12
Send a message via Yahoo to TecmoZack
Default

I absolutely love 7 and the remakes. Getting spoiled by all the RE games coming out.

I'm in the rare camp that is smitten for the RE3 Remake. Sign me up for 8.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 09:10 AM   #9
Talal86 Talal86 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Talal86's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
81
226
3
71
Default

I love and dislike the RE3 remake almost equally
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 12:05 PM   #10
TecmoZack TecmoZack is offline
Senior Member
 
TecmoZack's Avatar
 
Apr 2019
Texas
50
192
12
Send a message via Yahoo to TecmoZack
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
I love and dislike the RE3 remake almost equally
Interesting. Left too much out? Too short?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 05:30 PM   #11
Talal86 Talal86 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Talal86's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
81
226
3
71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoZack View Post
Interesting. Left too much out? Too short?
It’s too scripted imo (almost on rails) and Nemesis is a joke. I specially don’t like the beginning part, you just ‘walk’ forward for 10 minutes or so, should’ve just been a cutscene.

the ‘gameplay’ sections are fun to play, though, and has good replay value
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:28 PM   #12
TecmoZack TecmoZack is offline
Senior Member
 
TecmoZack's Avatar
 
Apr 2019
Texas
50
192
12
Send a message via Yahoo to TecmoZack
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
Itís too scripted imo (almost on rails) and Nemesis is a joke. I specially donít like the beginning part, you just Ďwalkí forward for 10 minutes or so, shouldíve just been a cutscene.

the Ďgameplayí sections are fun to play, though, and has good replay value
Replay value is definitely there for me as well. I can see where you are coming from on your complaints.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:02 PM   #13
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
62
813
1
5
1
Default Resident Evil 8 Village - Coming 2021


Coming Soon!

Last edited by Mavrick; 06-11-2020 at 09:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:02 PM   #14
R3P0 R3P0 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default PS5 - Village Resident Evil

Coming Soon
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:18 PM   #15
TecmoZack TecmoZack is offline
Senior Member
 
TecmoZack's Avatar
 
Apr 2019
Texas
50
192
12
Send a message via Yahoo to TecmoZack
Default

Yes! Sign me up
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:43 PM   #16
Talal86 Talal86 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Talal86's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
81
226
3
71
Default



https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06...o-ps5-in-2021/

Resident Evil Village, coming to PS5 in 2021.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TecmoZack (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 10:22 PM   #17
TecmoZack TecmoZack is offline
Senior Member
 
TecmoZack's Avatar
 
Apr 2019
Texas
50
192
12
Send a message via Yahoo to TecmoZack
Default

The day this releases will be the day I get the Ps5.

I wonder if the rumors are true you play as 3 different people. Ethan, Jill, and Chris.

Looks so epic. Probably bundle it with Gran Turismo and NBA 2k21.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:39 PM   #18
Talal86 Talal86 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Talal86's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
81
226
3
71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoZack View Post
The day this releases will be the day I get the Ps5.

I wonder if the rumors are true you play as 3 different people. Ethan, Jill, and Chris.

Looks so epic. Probably bundle it with Gran Turismo and NBA 2k21.
that would be cool
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TecmoZack (06-12-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 11:50 PM   #19
Talal86 Talal86 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Talal86's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
81
226
3
71
Default

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:58 PM   #20
Talal86 Talal86 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Talal86's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
81
226
3
71
Default

I'm glad it's next gen only
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TecmoZack (06-12-2020)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:43 AM.