Best PS5 Games Deals

Best PS5 Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Monster Truck Championship (PS5)
$25.83

Marvel's Avengers (PS5)
$24.99

NBA 2K21 (PS5)
$79.00

NBA 2K21 (PS5)
$39.99

Spirit of the North Enhanced Edition (PS5)
$28.60
1 hr ago
Balan Wonderworld (PS5)
$39.61

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS5)
$41.88
1 day ago
Ratchet & Clank (PS5)
$69.88

Returnal (PS5)
$69.00

Hunting Simulator 2 (PS5)
$28.24

Mortal Shell (PS5)
$39.99

Far Cry 6 (PS5)
$59.88

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

Old 01-28-2020, 12:41 PM   #1
Blu-ray Archduke

Jul 2012
Origae-6
Default Resident Evil 8 (Rumored in the works)

Quote:
Fansite Biohazard Declassified and Twitter user Dusk Golem (whose account has now mysteriously been shut down), Capcom is gearing up for Resident Evil 8!

Again, take these with your usual salt lick, as none of this has been confirmed by Capcom, nor has RE8 even been confirmed to be in development.I

According to Dusk (who also released info regarding the rumours of Konami and Silent Hill), RE8 had been in development since 2016, but had the project had been scrapped roughly 7 months ago and was in the process of being completely reworked.

Then, on Biohazard Declassified’s tipline email, they received an email with more info on the supposed RE8 development. According to the sender (and again, these are still unconfirmed), the game will feature the following:

Ethan will be returning as a playable character.
Resident Evil 8 was tested last year.
It will not be called Resident Evil 8, but will have a “clever title”
The game will be in First-person like RE7.
Gameplay starts in a village leading up to a castle.
The environment will be rural, snowy, and mountainous; possibly Europe.
Regular zombies will be appearing instead of the Molded from RE7.
There is a persistent shadowy “female” enemy that will follow you but will dissipate if shot.
There are also wolf-like creatures that will attack the player in certain areas.
Chris Redfield will also be returning in some capacity.Source

Last edited by Mavrick; 06-12-2020 at 05:04 PM.
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (01-28-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 01:34 PM   #2
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Why do they need to do 1st person when the RE2 Remake just sold like hot cakes and RE3 Remake looks set to do similar. I get if they want to add a 1st person PoV too but it kinda sucks imo seeing RE games lose 3rd person. I do overall like the supposed setting but RE games have managed to mangle us into accepting these enhanced faster zombies i wonder if they can go back without getting criticised as RE2 & RE3 didn't have them in the original games, they kinda get a free pass.

It kinda seems they ripped off a little bit of Kojimas Silent Hills PT demo with Lisa following you.
Thanks given by:
JEDGAR1000 (03-21-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 04:26 PM   #3
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
Why do they need to do 1st person when the RE2 Remake just sold like hot cakes and RE3 Remake looks set to do similar. I get if they want to add a 1st person PoV too but it kinda sucks imo seeing RE games lose 3rd person. I do overall like the supposed setting but RE games have managed to mangle us into accepting these enhanced faster zombies i wonder if they can go back without getting criticised as RE2 & RE3 didn't have them in the original games, they kinda get a free pass.

It kinda seems they ripped off a little bit of Kojimas Silent Hills PT demo with Lisa following you.
RE 7 sold well though and this game may be VR compatible. Suits me, I loved RE 7. Stunning in VR.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:00 PM   #4
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
RE 7 sold well though and this game may be VR compatible. Suits me, I loved RE 7. Stunning in VR.
Whilst i don't have an issue with RE games in VR as having gone a more action route, it made the camera angles seem a little dated but RE2 Remake seemed to make that a non-issue. I guess if they don't make this a main entry and call it RE with a subtitle i'd be fine with that tbh. Felt RE7 wasn't a proper main entry worthy of RE7 as a title but hey, that's marketing choices i guess. I won't grumble at an amazing crap your pants RE8 with snowy vistas made with forward compatible PSVR 2.0 in mind to some degree. I think Capcom is big enough to maybe have Dev Kits already now.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-28-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 10:16 PM   #5
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Whilst i don't have an issue with RE games in VR as having gone a more action route, it made the camera angles seem a little dated but RE2 Remake seemed to make that a non-issue. I guess if they don't make this a main entry and call it RE with a subtitle i'd be fine with that tbh. Felt RE7 wasn't a proper main entry worthy of RE7 as a title but hey, that's marketing choices i guess. I won't grumble at an amazing crap your pants RE8 with snowy vistas made with forward compatible PSVR 2.0 in mind to some degree. I think Capcom is big enough to maybe have Dev Kits already now.
RE in VR was my finest hour this generation (flat or VR) without doubt. I played it again flat but just not the same game. To be able to peer around a wall to see if the enemy is close was pulse racing and the immersive experience as you play cat and mouse with that family, wow. Even walking through a dark door was made a thousand times more tense in VR. I actually think it’s a crying shame only 5 million PS4 fans have played the game that way.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:24 PM   #6
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
RE in VR was my finest hour this generation (flat or VR) without doubt. I played it again flat but just not the same game. To be able to peer around a wall to see if the enemy is close was pulse racing and the immersive experience as you play cat and mouse with that family, wow. Even walking through a dark door was made a thousand times more tense in VR. I actually think itís a crying shame only 5 million PS4 fans have played the game that way.
Don't get me wrong, horror in VR is an extremely potent experience done right but i just never felt RE7 was a main entry. It should have been under a sub title and i wouldn't question anything else. So if they do that here instead of officially calling it Resident Evil 8 i'll be fine with that too.

I think on a PS5 with BC and VR, games will really be something.
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (01-29-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 10:33 PM   #7
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, horror in VR is an extremely potent experience done right but i just never felt RE7 was a main entry. It should have been under a sub title and i wouldn't question anything else. So if they do that here instead of officially calling it Resident Evil 8 i'll be fine with that too.

I think on a PS5 with BC and VR, games will really be something.
I understand. I get a little bit hyped about stuff because I love VR even more than the PS4 itself.

Iím nervous about the next two years because it really is make or break. A next gen PSVR will need to be a success (double figures) or thatís that. Same with the Oculus Quest. If that headset sells over 10 million over the next two to three years, that will be enough for more investment.

It could go either way but Half Life 3 (or whatever itís going to be) is going to be huge for the format. Especially now you can buy a cable to use the Quest with a PC.

As for PSVR, we need some big hitters like Iron Man and Astrobot, Blood And Truth for the next gen console.

Iím still excited for the PS5 itself as well though. The fact that it plays UHD is a huge boost for me. I canít wait to play GTA 6, itís going to look amazing. Been really impressed with Modern Warfare on the PS4, so Iím excited to see how good PS5 COD looks.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:51 PM   #8
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
I understand. I get a little bit hyped about stuff because I love VR even more than the PS4 itself.

Iím nervous about the next two years because it really is make or break. A next gen PSVR will need to be a success (double figures) or thatís that. Same with the Oculus Quest. If that headset sells over 10 million over the next two to three years, that will be enough for more investment.

It could go either way but Half Life 3 (or whatever itís going to be) is going to be huge for the format. Especially now you can buy a cable to use the Quest with a PC.

As for PSVR, we need some big hitters like Iron Man and Astrobot, Blood And Truth for the next gen console.

Iím still excited for the PS5 itself as well though. The fact that it plays UHD is a huge boost for me. I canít wait to play GTA 6, itís going to look amazing. Been really impressed with Modern Warfare on the PS4, so Iím excited to see how good PS5 COD looks.
You know, its always surprised me about how millions of headsets and games, experiences etc. being sold just on PlayStation still makes PSVR a "niche". Relative to the overall sales, i get that. Totally understand 5 million out of 100+ million consoles is considered "niche" but if you said to me that there's potentially 3-5 million paying customers willing to buy products and services, i'd say that's a demand i'd want to fill. Maybe the revenue isn't as high as the main consoles, but significant enough to want to keep that revenue alive. Try to remember that 94 million active users apparently use PlayStation Network. Yet there's 36 million of that on PS+. So there's still a big drop of say almost only 25% of users being on PS+. Yet they continue to cater on that because its a free way to gouge revenue. Then look at PS Now. Less than 1 million users as of 2019.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/...aystation_plus

So 5 million PSVR users to sell to and potentially grow is a great thing as additional revenue. The even better thing is these are users who will buy hardware to enhance that experience further if you supply the games and experiences.

So don't look into this too much as "make or break" imo. Clearly there's a strong future for VR and if games can't make it successful, nothing else could imo until they figure out an easy way to somehow fleece people elsewhere.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-28-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 11:55 PM   #9
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
You know, its always surprised me about how millions of headsets and games, experiences etc. being sold just on PlayStation still makes PSVR a "niche". Relative to the overall sales, i get that. Totally understand 5 million out of 100+ million consoles is considered "niche" but if you said to me that there's potentially 3-5 million paying customers willing to buy products and services, i'd say that's a demand i'd want to fill. Maybe the revenue isn't as high as the main consoles, but significant enough to want to keep that revenue alive. Try to remember that 94 million active users apparently use PlayStation Network. Yet there's 36 million of that on PS+. So there's still a big drop of say almost only 25% of users being on PS+. Yet they continue to cater on that because its a free way to gouge revenue. Then look at PS Now. Less than 1 million users as of 2019.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/...aystation_plus

So 5 million PSVR users to sell to and potentially grow is a great thing as additional revenue. The even better thing is these are users who will buy hardware to enhance that experience further if you supply the games and experiences.

So don't look into this too much as "make or break" imo. Clearly there's a strong future for VR and if games can't make it successful, nothing else could imo until they figure out an easy way to somehow fleece people elsewhere.
Some good points. I think I remember reading that on average, PSVR owners are buying more than 6 games per month. Granted, some of those are cheap £9-£10 pound games but some full price.
Old 01-29-2020, 02:26 AM   #10
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Some good points. I think I remember reading that on average, PSVR owners are buying more than 6 games per month. Granted, some of those are cheap £9-£10 pound games but some full price.
Well, i mean "Full VR Game" is usually a more limited range and trying to charge the same would be wrong but if they're still selling enough of those shorter games and experiences, it shows demand for them. I know i personally am looking forwards to playing in VR. My only concerns are usually space related with some of the more Move centric titles that require you to move yourself around a bit more but tbh, you also need to be a little centred to the camera. I just don't have the space for a proper PSVR set up which has put me off atm.

To me though, slowly but surely VR specific games will come and hybrids that work like RE7 in both perspectives really well. Maybe this specific title even if the rumours true.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:33 AM   #11
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Well, i mean "Full VR Game" is usually a more limited range and trying to charge the same would be wrong but if they're still selling enough of those shorter games and experiences, it shows demand for them. I know i personally am looking forwards to playing in VR. My only concerns are usually space related with some of the more Move centric titles that require you to move yourself around a bit more but tbh, you also need to be a little centred to the camera. I just don't have the space for a proper PSVR set up which has put me off atm.

To me though, slowly but surely VR specific games will come and hybrids that work like RE7 in both perspectives really well. Maybe this specific title even if the rumours true.
It’s important to have dual releases but to be honest, with the exception of RE, all the best games I have played in VR have been designed from the ground up for VR. I give you Blood And Truth, A Fisherman’s Tale, Statik, Beat Sabre, Ghost Giant, Astrobot, Farpoint etc..

What worries me is that a few hours after I posted about the importance of the Quest, the CEO of Schell games (excellent VR game developers) stated that if the wireless, standalone, well priced headset fails, developers might well give it up.

It put me on a downer for the rest of the day to be honest. Talk about pressure now, Half Life really needs to shift some headsets. We also need those remaining Valve games to hit in the next year.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:40 AM   #12
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Itís important to have dual releases but to be honest, with the exception of RE, all the best games I have played in VR have been designed from the ground up for VR. I give you Blood And Truth, A Fishermanís Tale, Statik, Beat Sabre, Ghost Giant, Astrobot, Farpoint etc..

What worries me is that a few hours after I posted about the importance of the Quest, the CEO of Schell games (excellent VR game developers) stated that if the wireless, standalone, well priced headset fails, developers might well give it up.

It put me on a downer for the rest of the day to be honest. Talk about pressure now, Half Life really needs to shift some headsets. We also need those remaining Valve games to hit in the next year.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-sales-in-2019

This should keep you happy then. PSVR is the top seller followed closely by Quest for headsets but again, we shouldn't be expecting millions of units sold each quarter like consoles. I feel like there's got to be a proportionate expectation and so far it seems to be good news with all these Mega Pack PSVR deals selling recently. I'd expect a userbase to grow overall for VR tbh. By the time PS5 launches, maybe up to or beyond 6 million PSVR sales.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-29-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 01:32 PM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009

This better be compatible with PSVR (2) otherwise what's the use of it being in first person?

I'd much rather have a new third person RE game in the same vein as the excellent RE 2 remake though, with much more emphasis on exploring, puzzels and a creepy horror atmosphere instead of shooting and action (and with no co-op mode, so no AI partner either!).

RE7 was a great VR title, but it didn't really felt like a RE game to me. IMO it should have been released under a different title and as a spinoff of some sort. But it was/is an amazing VR experience nevertheless.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-29-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 03:24 PM   #14
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-sales-in-2019

This should keep you happy then. PSVR is the top seller followed closely by Quest for headsets but again, we shouldn't be expecting millions of units sold each quarter like consoles. I feel like there's got to be a proportionate expectation and so far it seems to be good news with all these Mega Pack PSVR deals selling recently. I'd expect a userbase to grow overall for VR tbh. By the time PS5 launches, maybe up to or beyond 6 million PSVR sales.
Yeah, I think 10 million units sold after 4 years is a good, realistic target for the Quest and the next gen PSVR. This gen, the PSVR is probably going to hit 6 million. Add wireless and a better display into the mix and who knows.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:54 PM   #15
Blu-ray Archduke

Jul 2012
Origae-6

Resident Evil 8 Release Window, First-Person Perspective, and More Reportedly Revealed
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (04-05-2020)
Old 04-05-2020, 12:44 AM   #16
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Werewolves in RE8, interesting. I'm a big fan of 3rd person view in games, as you get to see your character interact with the world, versus first person, where you're actually in the eyes of the character instead.

For VR, both views have proven to work considering 3rd person and FPS PSVR games. But I agree, a choice in the game would be welcome, but it seems Capcom's mind is set on first person.
Thanks given by:
Himmel (04-05-2020), Steedeel (04-08-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 03:07 PM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

New rumors that itís called Resident Evil ĎVillíage

- Chris to play a central role; has been redesigned
- New stalker enemy type: witch
- European setting, weird elements (hallucinations)
- Possible RE4 style inventory UI
- Planned for Q1 2021
Thanks given by:
TecmoZack (05-15-2020), Zivouhr (04-09-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 11:52 PM   #18
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

VR or tara.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:29 PM   #19
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

A stalker character being a witch in RE8. That sounds like the Blair Witch Project a little. I hope we can explore the woods in this game, and find a cabin in there with a big underground by Umbrella Corp.

Hopefully walking zombies will return.

Quote:
VR or tara.
Who is Tara, a RE character? Is she the girl from RE7?
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (04-09-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 03:25 PM   #20
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
A stalker character being a witch in RE8. That sounds like the Blair Witch Project a little. I hope we can explore the woods in this game, and find a cabin in there with a big underground by Umbrella Corp.

Hopefully walking zombies will return.

Who is Tara, a RE character? Is she the girl from RE7?
Tara as in goodbye my friend? I sometimes forget I’m on a forum with several different nationalities! Heck, much of England may not have heard the expression!
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (04-09-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5