Best PS5 Games Deals

Best PS5 Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Destruction AllStars (PS5)
$19.99

NBA 2K21 (PS5)
$39.99

Marvel's Avengers (PS5)
$24.99

Control (PS5)
$29.83

NBA 2K21 (PS5)
$79.99

Monster Truck Championship (PS5)
$25.55

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS5)
$41.88

Hunting Simulator 2 (PS5)
$28.24

Godfall (PS5)
$56.34
10 hrs ago
Returnal (PS5)
$69.00

The Pathless (PS5)
$36.98

Balan Wonderworld (PS5)
$39.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

Old 04-05-2021, 08:31 PM   #221
Special Member

Apr 2011
Montreal

Found the director's cut version of the first Resident evil game on ps1 for 5$, in mint condition except without the manual. It's the version I played as a teenager with the Resident evil 2 demo. I'm having a blast replaying it, it's been a few years now and i've mostly played the remake the last few times. They really got it right from the get go with the series, didn't they? Such a great game. I'm so playing the demo for 2 after just for nostalgia's sake and then Res2 and Res3 ps1. That should fire me up for Village in a month (redid 7 and remake Rs2 last year, so i'm pretty good there). Might or might not redo Code Veronica too, I never finished that one (didn't have enough ammo to kill that Tyrant in the snow back in the day). We'll see. What a great time to be a Resident evil fan.
Hopefully we get a trailer for the movie soon too!
Old 04-06-2021, 02:02 PM   #222
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred25_Ca View Post
Found the director's cut version of the first Resident evil game on ps1 for 5$, in mint condition except without the manual. It's the version I played as a teenager with the Resident evil 2 demo. I'm having a blast replaying it, it's been a few years now and i've mostly played the remake the last few times. They really got it right from the get go with the series, didn't they? Such a great game. I'm so playing the demo for 2 after just for nostalgia's sake and then Res2 and Res3 ps1. That should fire me up for Village in a month (redid 7 and remake Rs2 last year, so i'm pretty good there). Might or might not redo Code Veronica too, I never finished that one (didn't have enough ammo to kill that Tyrant in the snow back in the day). We'll see. What a great time to be a Resident evil fan.
Hopefully we get a trailer for the movie soon too!
I mean they've had some dud games here and there
Operation racoon city
RE6
outbreak
dead aim
Old 04-06-2021, 03:07 PM   #223

Apr 2019
Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to TecmoZack

Beta for Re:Verse is up for pre-download. Will be available on 4/8.

Lett than a month until Village. So ready!

Check out this PS4 Pro gameplay. Looks smooth.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:15 PM   #224
Special Member

Apr 2011
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
I mean they've had some dud games here and there
Operation racoon city
RE6
outbreak
dead aim
Yeah, those were the dark times. For me, I mostly lost interest once Res4 came out until Res7 brought me back. I mean, I played Res4 to 6 and Revelations when they all came out but none of them sparked my interest. Res4 was fine (replayed it last year and had fun for the first half but then it just kept going and I started getting bored, even if I don't hate the game). Glad the series is back after being in the slum for a decade, imo.
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (04-06-2021), TecmoZack (04-07-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 12:33 PM   #225

Apr 2019
Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to TecmoZack

Next Showcase is set for 4/15 at 5 central.

Gut says gameplay demo will be released shortly after like they did with Maiden.

Let's go!!
Thanks given by:
Todd Smith (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 04:01 PM   #226
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred25_Ca View Post
Yeah, those were the dark times. For me, I mostly lost interest once Res4 came out until Res7 brought me back. I mean, I played Res4 to 6 and Revelations when they all came out but none of them sparked my interest. Res4 was fine (replayed it last year and had fun for the first half but then it just kept going and I started getting bored, even if I don't hate the game). Glad the series is back after being in the slum for a decade, imo.
Yeah I wish I could say the same, I loved RE5, beat it at least 3 times, absolute joy of gameplay and story...

I was very excited for 7 until I saw it was scripted and basically Alien Isolation where most of the game was scripted which never is fun to me... I'm really hoping they can find some balance of that with this game.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:52 PM   #227
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Yeah I wish I could say the same, I loved RE5, beat it at least 3 times, absolute joy of gameplay and story...

I was very excited for 7 until I saw it was scripted and basically Alien Isolation where most of the game was scripted which never is fun to me... I'm really hoping they can find some balance of that with this game.
What exactly are you talking about? Alien Isolation, Resident Evil 5, and Resident Evil 7 are all linear games. Alien Isolation and 7 both feature stalker AI's, of which they're actually NOT scripted, beyond when they appear. Jack, and more so the Alien, are adaptive AI that have a multitude of behaviors, in which they can learn from the player as well. The alien especially is less "scripted" than all of the AI in Resident Evil 5 combined.

The Alien is different on every run, given the players actions will be different on every run, as each level has a multitude of ways to proceed through them, as well as a wide bevy of tools to both distract, or fight off, the alien. That's a far cry from RE5 where the enemies spawn in the same places, act the same way, and react the same no matter what weapons you have in RE5. So how exactly is Aline Isolation more scripted than Resident Evil 5? You're not even locked into dealing with the Alien in one specific way. You can fight it off, distract it, lure it into fights with the other AI, or just completely sneak past if youre cautious enough.

Jack in 7 is in such a miniscule amount of the game too. The opening, and a little bit of the first mansion. Outside of that there's barely any pursuer AI. Resident Evil 2 Remake had far more of it than 7.
Thanks given by:
fred25_Ca (04-09-2021), jetjaguar4 (04-10-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 01:37 AM   #228
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

Iím thinking about pre-ordering the PS4 version. The Deluxe Edition for $10 more or the Standard Edition..............

Gameplay trailer looks really good!
Old 04-09-2021, 05:07 PM   #229
Expert Member

Sep 2016

The deluxe version looks kind of a waste as the standard pre-order comes with all the same extra digital stuff aside from that "Trauma Pack". Most of which looks like things you'll either be able to unlock later (max difficulty), find in game (couple of weapons) or download later on from the store (a DLC mission).
Old 04-09-2021, 06:08 PM   #230
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Yeah, I almost never buy the deluxe or special edition version of any game. Such a waste of money when it's for digital bonus items that are mostly cosmetic and don't really affect gameplay much if at all. Those things I avoid.

The last special edition I bought was the collector's edition of Fallout New Vegas, a box set which they didn't include the bonus making of disc. I had to put in a claim to the company for that and finally got it months later after playing the game.

I'll buy DLC once in a long while if it adds new maps/landscape. If it's just mission based DLC, I avoid it most times.

VII-LLAGE should be fine without any extra content.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:13 PM   #231
Blu-ray Archduke

Jul 2012
Origae-6

World Map Reveal

-Source
Old 04-10-2021, 04:28 PM   #232
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
What exactly are you talking about? Alien Isolation, Resident Evil 5, and Resident Evil 7 are all linear games. Alien Isolation and 7 both feature stalker AI's, of which they're actually NOT scripted, beyond when they appear. Jack, and more so the Alien, are adaptive AI that have a multitude of behaviors, in which they can learn from the player as well. The alien especially is less "scripted" than all of the AI in Resident Evil 5 combined.

The Alien is different on every run, given the players actions will be different on every run, as each level has a multitude of ways to proceed through them, as well as a wide bevy of tools to both distract, or fight off, the alien. That's a far cry from RE5 where the enemies spawn in the same places, act the same way, and react the same no matter what weapons you have in RE5. So how exactly is Aline Isolation more scripted than Resident Evil 5? You're not even locked into dealing with the Alien in one specific way. You can fight it off, distract it, lure it into fights with the other AI, or just completely sneak past if youre cautious enough.

Jack in 7 is in such a miniscule amount of the game too. The opening, and a little bit of the first mansion. Outside of that there's barely any pursuer AI. Resident Evil 2 Remake had far more of it than 7.

You can't die is my point lol the game is setup for you to not die it has zero to do with your ability to shoot clear rooms, whether the AI is scripted or not has zero to do with the fact that when you're going up against a boss with a flashlight or invulnerable enemy there is no way you aren't going to be able to progress lol...

Where as playing RE5, Dead Space, etc. it comes down to YOUR ability to clear a room if you want to beat it on the hardest (or easiest difficulty).

Thats what I'm talking about. I'm not into games where large chunks of the games are just me in a no lose situation vs. an invulnerable boss.

Now how much of RE7 is that I have no idea never played it after I saw the reviews that featured that. But if its over 50% it wouldn't be a game I'd be into(although both isolation and RE7 are free with the gamepass I have now so maybe its worth a try for free)
Old 04-10-2021, 05:36 PM   #233
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

What you're saying is that because there's no combat in these sections, it's a no lose situation? but you still have to play stealthily to pass these parts, and the higher the difficulty the harder the AI.

also you do fight Jack in a boss fight, so he's not like the Alien where you escape from him the entire game. the stealth parts in RE7 makes sense once you play the game

btw your complaint apply to the intro of Resident Evil 3 remake, because you have to escape from Nemisis and basically all you have to do is move forward
Old 04-10-2021, 06:19 PM   #234
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Quote:
You can't die is my point lol the game is setup for you to not die it has zero to do with your ability to shoot clear rooms, whether the AI is scripted or not has zero to do with the fact that when you're going up against a boss with a flashlight or invulnerable enemy there is no way you aren't going to be able to progress lol...

Where as playing RE5, Dead Space, etc. it comes down to YOUR ability to clear a room if you want to beat it on the hardest (or easiest difficulty).

Thats what I'm talking about. I'm not into games where large chunks of the games are just me in a no lose situation vs. an invulnerable boss.

Now how much of RE7 is that I have no idea never played it after I saw the reviews that featured that. But if its over 50% it wouldn't be a game I'd be into(although both isolation and RE7 are free with the gamepass I have now so maybe its worth a try for free)
Maybe you should just try them, because yeah, you're not really right with your assessment of the games and their difficulties. I don't really know what you mean about Isolation or 7 being set-up for you to not die. You'll die plenty. There's an achievement in Isolation for beating the game without dying, and only 0.24% of players have unlocked that. I've beaten RE5 on professional a couple times, and legit, Isolation on nightmare is a far more difficult game. The Alien will kill you, mercilessly. It is never set up for you to win no matter what, you just dont kill the alien every time you encounter it, which is basically no different from Mr X in the RE2 remake.

As far as 7 is concerned, there's two total sequences in all of RE7 where you can't fight back. Once as Ethan, near the very beginning, and once in an optional tape as Mia. You can die in both of those segments. Even when Jack is around in the mansion during early parts of the game, you can fight him. He'll go down for a bit, before regenerating. Just like Mr X in the RE2 remake.

As far as design principles are concerned, RE5 is no different to Isolation (or I guess ), in that you'll progress as long as you keep trying in an area you're stuck in. Like literally any video game. Because they're all designed for you to actually beat them? That's kind of the point. Dead Space and RE5 aren't even particularly tough video games honestly.

You've clearly made up your mind as to what these games are supposed to be like, and you're talking to people who have actually played them as if you're right but... you're way off base. I'd say give em a try. You still might not enjoy them in the long run, and thats totally fine, but it certainly won't be because you feel like you can't die. Especially Alien, lol. Most people have a hard time with that one specifically because they die to it a lot, and it can be frustrating on the harder difficulties.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:32 PM   #235
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Maybe you should just try them, because yeah, you're not really right with your assessment of the games and their difficulties. I don't really know what you mean about Isolation or 7 being set-up for you to not die. You'll die plenty. There's an achievement in Isolation for beating the game without dying, and only 0.24% of players have unlocked that. I've beaten RE5 on professional a couple times, and legit, Isolation on nightmare is a far more difficult game. The Alien will kill you, mercilessly. It is never set up for you to win no matter what, you just dont kill the alien every time you encounter it, which is basically no different from Mr X in the RE2 remake.

As far as 7 is concerned, there's two total sequences in all of RE7 where you can't fight back. Once as Ethan, near the very beginning, and once in an optional tape as Mia. You can die in both of those segments. Even when Jack is around in the mansion during early parts of the game, you can fight him. He'll go down for a bit, before regenerating. Just like Mr X in the RE2 remake.

As far as design principles are concerned, RE5 is no different to Isolation (or I guess ), in that you'll progress as long as you keep trying in an area you're stuck in. Like literally any video game. Because they're all designed for you to actually beat them? That's kind of the point. Dead Space and RE5 aren't even particularly tough video games honestly.

You've clearly made up your mind as to what these games are supposed to be like, and you're talking to people who have actually played them as if you're right but... you're way off base. I'd say give em a try. You still might not enjoy them in the long run, and thats totally fine, but it certainly won't be because you feel like you can't die. Especially Alien, lol. Most people have a hard time with that one specifically because they die to it a lot, and it can be frustrating on the harder difficulties.
Nobody said you won't die lmao of course you'll die re-attempting the routes, what I'm saying is beating those games isn't indicative of ones ability to aim/ shoot / conserve ammo. From what I've seen and read.

I'm sure there are achievements for not dying not having to reattempt routes, etc. same way Deadspace has only use plasma cutter, etc. or Bioshock with the don't use Vitachambers.

Again my hesitation is in regards to unlimited life bosses following you around. Same would go for RE2 which is why I didn't play that either. No personal interest in that os all
Old 04-10-2021, 09:25 PM   #236
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

It's true that there will be bosses that show up that are indestructible, so no matter how many shots you fire, they're just bullet sponges, and they are scripted to return back to life and hound the player later on. That's true of RE7's father boss in the house. That guy was a nightmare. I heard the Nemesis in RE3 is like that too.

So it's true that you have to endure those sections and survive, but there is literally no way to defeat the boss at those points in the game until the game allows it later on.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:43 PM   #237
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Quote:
Nobody said you won't die lmao of course you'll die re-attempting the routes, what I'm saying is beating those games isn't indicative of ones ability to aim/ shoot / conserve ammo. From what I've seen and read.
You did though. That's literally what most of my post was responding to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4;18815585[B
]You can't die is my point lol the game is setup for you to not die [/B]it has zero to do with your ability to shoot clear rooms, whether the AI is scripted or not has zero to do with the fact that when you're going up against a boss with a flashlight or invulnerable enemy there is no way you aren't going to be able to progress lol...
You not only have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to the games, you can't even bothered to know what you're saying in this conversation. Talking to you is a waste of time apparently. Shame, as I thought I was making it pretty clear with my explanations on what the games are like. "Everything I've seen and read" only adds up to "everything I wanted to read to make up my opinions on the games, but not what the games are actually like." I can only tell you so many times how much combat is involved in RE7, versus how little Jack is around so many times before it becomes clear you're being arrogant and dismissive just to be an ass. I told you several times it's not the whole game, nor is it fifty percent, nor is it even a third. If you don't know enough about the game to know that there is a bunch of other enemies and bosses in the game, with a whole host of weapons and ways to fight them (and conserve your ammo), then really, why the hell are you trying to act like an authority on it?

Oh, and guess what, Dead Space ALSO has a pursuer enemy in several chapters. You keep praising that game specifically along with 5, yet you forgot it has literally the exact same enemy type, for about the same length of time. The regenerator appears multiple times in Dead Space 1, 2 AND 3, and you can't kill it till you're specifically allowed to, or are able to escape it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised you forgot that considering you don't even remember what you typed a couple of hours ago though, despite it being exactly what I quoted and responded to.

You don't know what the term scripted means, you don't know anything about the games, including the ones you actually claim to like, and you don't know how to read your own posts. This whole exchange has been a waste of time, as it's clear you had no intention of changing your mind regardless of what anyone else might say about it. You can go ahead and speak into the void then, I won't bother replying anymore.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:32 AM   #238
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

I'm going to say the Tall Woman in RE8 will visit the player throughout the game to torture the player, until finally being able to defeat her later on.
Old 04-11-2021, 03:38 PM   #239
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
You did though. That's literally what most of my post was responding to.

You not only have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to the games, you can't even bothered to know what you're saying in this conversation. Talking to you is a waste of time apparently. Shame, as I thought I was making it pretty clear with my explanations on what the games are like. "Everything I've seen and read" only adds up to "everything I wanted to read to make up my opinions on the games, but not what the games are actually like." I can only tell you so many times how much combat is involved in RE7, versus how little Jack is around so many times before it becomes clear you're being arrogant and dismissive just to be an ass. I told you several times it's not the whole game, nor is it fifty percent, nor is it even a third. If you don't know enough about the game to know that there is a bunch of other enemies and bosses in the game, with a whole host of weapons and ways to fight them (and conserve your ammo), then really, why the hell are you trying to act like an authority on it?

Oh, and guess what, Dead Space ALSO has a pursuer enemy in several chapters. You keep praising that game specifically along with 5, yet you forgot it has literally the exact same enemy type, for about the same length of time. The regenerator appears multiple times in Dead Space 1, 2 AND 3, and you can't kill it till you're specifically allowed to, or are able to escape it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised you forgot that considering you don't even remember what you typed a couple of hours ago though, despite it being exactly what I quoted and responded to.

You don't know what the term scripted means, you don't know anything about the games, including the ones you actually claim to like, and you don't know how to read your own posts. This whole exchange has been a waste of time, as it's clear you had no intention of changing your mind regardless of what anyone else might say about it. You can go ahead and speak into the void then, I won't bother replying anymore.

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/res.../1900-6416603/

"Linear and highly scripted" do you really need me to go pull another 10 reviews lmfao

I get youre clearly a super fan boy but every review says highly scripted for RE7 sorry thats upsetting to you.

Its kinda hilarious how triggered you are lol Not once did I say either of your two favorite games isolation or RE7 are bad games just said invulnerable pursuer games aren't for me and you've flown into a rage lol

I honestly don't remember seeing you cry this much since you were getting destroyed in kill zone lol

Last edited by supersix4; 04-11-2021 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-11-2021, 04:03 PM   #240
Special Member

Apr 2011
Montreal

This whole conversation is so painful... I feel your pain, Gamma... Let's just move on.
I just finished replaying the original Ps1 Resident Evil and it was so much fun! I've mostly played the remake in the last two decades and had forgotten how good the ps1 version was! Next up is Resident 2, my all time favorite game. Haven't replayed it yet since I played 3 times the remake haha, so i'm curious how I'll feel about it. I'm sure i'll have a huge smile the entire time. What a great series this is.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5