Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
SeaQuest DSV: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
15 hrs ago
The Northman 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Species 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
3 hrs ago
The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
16 hrs ago
The Amazing Spider-Man Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
5 hrs ago
The Last Duel 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The King's Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Dual (Blu-ray)
$16.59
20 hrs ago
Black Widow 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The French Dispatch (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Nana: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$57.99
13 hrs ago
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-14-2016, 03:01 PM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2014

Maybe a solution is to buy the frankenstein set and import the werewolf of london french disc if region free...
Old 07-14-2016, 03:01 PM   #42

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory View Post
I don't know. It presents me with a problem I'm not happy with. The only thing in the WOLFMAN set that I'm interested in in HD is WEREWOLF OF LONDON. I'm going to buy the WOLFMAN collection just to get that one movie? Ah, no I'm not.
Kind of in the same boat. I would like to have Werewolf Of London but it's not one of my favorites. Would like to have seen Dracula's Daughter and Son Of Dracula as well but beggars can't be choosers.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:03 PM   #43
Banned

Aug 2011

These are some of my favorite sequels in the Universal classic monster era, so this is a no-brainer, even though I do have the DVD box set, I can see myself eventually retiring them for the probable releases of the Dracula, Invisible Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon and the Mummy movies
Is September going to be expensive or what ??
For me, yes but I dont care, you only get once chance to collect things you want in life and Im making the most of it
Old 07-14-2016, 03:04 PM   #44
Blu-ray King

Mar 2012
New York City

Being Universal, I think the new titles will get double or triple feature releases individually down the line,. The Frankenstein set is easily the one to go to between the two, and then I'd hold off and see if Werewolf of London / She-Wolf of London gets a separate release later on.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:06 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
-
-

Oh yes!!! I'm picking both series!

Next ones I would like are The Mummy and Dracula (classic!). I'll probably pass on the others... but I hope they get all released anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Darren View Post
Time to sell my sealed Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein with slipcover?
I think I'll do the same!!

Last edited by Morsoth; 07-14-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:25 PM   #46
Banned

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex Robinson View Post
Yeah...all in glorious Standard Definition.

SD is simply not a substitute for HD. Sticking with and old technology format for an obsolete technology is no virtue.
The SD presentations look great to me, and I'm somebody with an extensive Blu-ray collection.

But hey, I'm sure there's virtue in spending money every time Universal tells you to.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:29 PM   #47
Blu-ray King

Mar 2012
New York City

The DVD's can be converted to HD UV copies via Vudu. Not BD obviously, but a good stop-gap until any potential double/triple featurel releases come out

edit: Not all can be converted. She-Wolf only has an SD copy online for example. Werewolf does have an HDX copy.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:45 PM   #48
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymole View Post
I am talking about the sets
That's what I'm talking about. I already have the CLASSIC MONSTERS COLLECTION and A&C MEET FRANKENSTEIN on Blu-ray. When I buy this new FRANKENSTEIN collection, I'll have those sequels on Blu-ray. So, buying the WOLF MAN collection only gets me WEREWOLF OF LONDON and SHE-WOLF OF LONDON. I don't care about SHE-WOLF, so that means spending $39.95 for just WEREWOLF OF LONDON.

Not worth it in my book.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:47 PM   #49
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymole View Post
That is very reasonable. I am glad they did not price them anywhere near what they priced the Classic set which is what I initially feared.
I think I paid roughly $20 for the deluxe coffin box, and at the $40 list for these two sets the double-dips aren't as much of an irritant as I initially assumed.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:47 PM   #50
Blu-ray King

Mar 2012
New York City

Citing the MSRP is silly. Most aren't paying that. These will drop to at least $26 by release date
Old 07-14-2016, 03:51 PM   #51
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Citing the MSRP is silly. Most aren't paying that. These will drop to at least $26 by release date
Of course. I don't think anyone is quoting the $40 price in the assumption that they will actually be paying it.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:51 PM   #52
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Being Universal, I think the new titles will get double or triple feature releases individually down the line,. The Frankenstein set is easily the one to go to between the two, and then I'd hold off and see if Werewolf of London / She-Wolf of London gets a separate release later on.
Yeah, that's what I'm going to have to do and I think it sucks.

But then, I can wait. Hell, I've been waiting this long anyway for most of these movies to get restorations and release on BD.

The only one that really interests me is the 4K restoration of FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN -- and this release better be that restoration.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:51 PM   #53
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
-
-

It might be an unpopular opinion, but I love She-Wolf of London. The whole movie looks like an Agatha Christie's whodunit story!
Thanks given by:
Peter G. Keller (07-15-2016), The Great Owl (07-14-2016)
Old 07-14-2016, 03:52 PM   #54
Blu-ray King

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Of course. I don't think anyone is quoting the $40 price in the assumption that they will actually be paying it.
Just to be clear, I'm referring to Rory, who somehow thinks he'd have to be paying $39.95 for Werewolf of London.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:08 PM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

It appears that when all is said and done, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA will be the only title left in the Classics set not to see a double dip. As I am not a fan of that one, now may be the time to sell off that set....
Old 07-14-2016, 04:13 PM   #56
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010

This is great news. Looks like it was the right move that I never got around to buying that past Universal Monsters set on Blu-ray. I have all the Legacy Sets on DVD and was disappointed that Blu-ray set didn't have all the sequels. I think I'll buy these two and just hope they do the same with some of the other characters like Dracula.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:16 PM   #57
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

So Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man / House of Frankenstein / House of Dracula are all on one disc on the Frankenstein set, and it's just Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man / House of Frankenstein on one disc on the Wolfman set - I assume the filesize/bitrate for all of the films will be the same on both discs?
Old 07-14-2016, 04:56 PM   #58
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
So Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man / House of Frankenstein / House of Dracula are all on one disc on the Frankenstein set, and it's just Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man / House of Frankenstein on one disc on the Wolfman set - I assume the filesize/bitrate for all of the films will be the same on both discs?
I think there's a typo in the disc breakdown for The Wolfman set. House of Dracula is supposed to be included in that set according to Akijama's post, but is not indicated in the disc breakdown in Mifunefan's post.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:05 PM   #59
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

This set has been out since september of 2014 on DVD. They wouldn't package a brand new blu-ray set identical to the old DVD set. This looks to me like a webmaster adding an extra button that doesn't belong there.
Thanks given by:
CraigThom (07-14-2016), crissrudd4554 (07-14-2016)
Old 07-14-2016, 05:08 PM   #60
Blu-ray Guru

May 2013

The cover art is the same as the 2014 DVD sets so I guess this will be a BD equivalent unless thats a placeholder until the real cover art is finalized. Guess we have to wait until more sites post about this and Universal provides more updates. As far as duplicated films, yeah that was one of the complaints about the 2014 set. The problem is theyre trying to cover ALL the movies that feature a certain character in this case Frankenstein and Wolf Man so naturally we're gonna get repeated films. Still great news regardless though I am skeptical of that site. I love my Universal Monsters.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America