Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$51.29
15 hrs ago
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Wizard of Oz 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Pokťmon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

It: Chapter Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Aladdin 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Spider-Man: Far from Home 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.39

Men in Black: International 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Thor 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Pet Sematary 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.24

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 08-27-2019, 03:15 PM   #861

Oct 2016

1. BBC Dynasties
2. BBC Planet Earth 2
3. BBC Blue Planet
4. The Revenant
5. 2001: A Space Odyssey
6. Lucy
7. The Matrix
8. Batman Returns
9. Blade Runner
10. Saving Private Ryan
Thanks given by:
johnnyringo7 (08-27-2019), Nothing371 (08-27-2019), Wes_k089 (09-15-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 03:42 PM   #862

Aug 2007
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristold View Post
My list is:
Blade Runner (Iíve seen this at home lots, and at a premium theatre, both experiences were stellar).
Saving Private Ryan (looks the best it could look before being seen in 35mm)
Schindlerís List (watched this with Atmos at a premium theatre, havenít watched it entirely at home, but I keep going back to certain scenes and they have done an excellent job on this one).
BBCís: Blue Planet II, Dynasties, Planet Earth II (Dynasties has Atmos, but I prefer the others, my Blue Planet II disc doesnít perform well, it looks exceptional though, bummer).
Nolanís (Dunkirk (Iím always comparing this to the 11 times I saw it on 70mm IMAX, and for that reason alone itíll never be my top, it looks like a DVD or Blu-Ray in comparison, I saw Interstellar and the others in 70mm IMAX also, but so long ago, and I wasnít as much of a A/V enthusiast as I currently am, which I donít like, since I used to watch way more films, and now itís about the presentation, my 65Ē 850c destroyed me as a cinephile a little, itís tough going to 55Ē, but these Nolan titles are super difficult to pick one that stands above the rest, not too big on Inception or Batman Begins), The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, The Prestige (looks significantly better on my B8, it never looked this good on my E6), Interstellar.
Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin (all of these are throughly stunning, not too far away from the Nolanís).
Alien (I watched this disc 13 times in 5 days, thatís how good it is).
2001: A Space Odyssey (this looks significantly better than on the E6)
Evil Dead II & The Deer Hunter (Studio Canal is doing an exceptional job)
Phantom Thread (honourable mention to Anima, PTA will always make every list like this).
Mission Impossible: Fallout (I could easily see this being replaced by The Shining, or Apocalypse Now, or the WB October titles. Paramount honestly did a great job on all of these M:I Films).
Toy Story (I havenít received the second or third film yet, because theyíre so expensive where I am, but just turned 26, and my best friend gave me this as a present, I think itís stunning, and overall, the best Pixar film Iíve seen on UHD yet, it looked and sounded better than TS4 did at Ultra AVX, thisíll likely get replaced by Toy Story 3, Toy Story 4, Wall-E or Inside Out).
Iím expecting They Live in the mail, donít know how itíll stack up, but I wasnít too blown away by the Carpenter SC films. Christine looks great.

TVs:
65XBR850c
55Ē OLED E6P
55Ē OLED B8P
(All of these are terrific)

Audio Receiver:
Onkyo 646 (POS, shouldíve gone for Denon).
I bought Planet Earth II and all disks were OK.
My original copy of Blue Planet II had some disks that would skip. I got a replacement package and every episode plays well.

Both PEII and BPII are outstanding.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:57 PM   #863

Sep 2015
St. Paul, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenjohnston View Post
2. BBC Planet Earth 2
Really glad to see this on your list as I got the Planet Earth 2/Blue Planet 2 4k set during Prime Days, but haven't watched it yet. Looking forward to it!
Thanks given by:
Wes_k089 (09-15-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 09:47 AM   #864

Oct 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBluFan View Post
Really glad to see this on your list as I got the Planet Earth 2/Blue Planet 2 4k set during Prime Days, but haven't watched it yet. Looking forward to it!
I think Dynasties is better as most of it looks like it was filmed in 4k. Planet Earth 2 has some absolutely beautiful scenes, however they also contain scenes that seem like they were filmed in 720p or 1080p and upscaled, so it can be quite distracting going from 4k to a softer image in the next scene.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:55 AM   #865

Jul 2012
Blackpool, England
Thumbs up

Quote:
I think Dynasties is better as most of it looks like it was filmed in 4k. Planet Earth 2 has some absolutely beautiful scenes, however they also contain scenes that seem like they were filmed in 720p or 1080p and upscaled, so it can be quite distracting going from 4k to a softer image in the next scene.
Totally agree...in fact for overall consistency, the 4k stream on Netflix of 'Our Planet' looks more wow, more often for me. Dynasties looks solid 4k for over 90% of its runtime IMHO, stunning!

My top 4k UHD PQ titles overall, not in order necessarily:

Black Hawk Down
Alien
A few Good Men
Sully
Sicario
Leon
Zero Dark Thirty
Clear and Present Danger
Patriot Games
Braveheart (UK Fox)
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Lone Survivor
Life of Pi
Toy Story 2
Thanks given by:
johnnyringo7 (08-29-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 07:36 PM   #866

Aug 2019
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristold View Post
90-95% of UHD transfer’s from a 35mm are 4k (or higher).
Hulk looks incredible (Native 4K).
The Avengers, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 look amazing also (Upscaled 4K), But they nailed it out of the park on the HDR use for those.
I think if you showed 1000 random people clips from all three, they wouldn’t all be able to tell which film is native 4K. I think it’d come very close to a split tie.
Yes 35mm can be scanned upto 6.5k & i agree I'm a fan of some of the up scales & scans we have so far.

But take the matrix trilogy. The first every light scene was grainy which I'm not a fan of. 2 was sharper but the white docking control room which was pin sharp on blue ray looked like a room full of mosquitoes in 4k.Then the 3rd had the best picture imo but they smudged the background in some scenes to clean it up. Same as Oblivion apparently.

All I'm saying is although there are successes with some upscales, as the studio's evolve & start mastering in 4k & above we'll get the demo disc quality i was expecting when i first bought into 4k.
Alot seem to enjoy filmic grain. To me it has no place in 4k material. I accept it now but i look forward to 4k blu ray evolving & future releases.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:18 AM   #867
Power Member

Jan 2010
New York City

Quote:
I never paid much attention to Dynasties until I saw your post...the 4K review on this site also raves about it...so it's that much of a step up over Planet Earth 2/Blue Planet 2?
Old 09-15-2019, 05:48 PM   #868

Jul 2015
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
I never paid much attention to Dynasties until I saw your post...the 4K review on this site also raves about it...so it's that much of a step up over Planet Earth 2/Blue Planet 2?
I would say its even or just a tiny step above.

Someone already mentioned Planet Earth and Blue Planet 2 have some upscaled footage. Its less prominent in Planet Earth 2 (isolated to some aerial shots, everything else is phenomenal).

Blue Planet 2 doesn't look quite as good because of the limitations on deep-sea photography (one sequence was shot in complete darkness to capture bioluminescence so it is slightly grainy, albeit spectacular).
Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #869
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2017
San Antonio, TX

I just watched Man of Steel & Wonder Woman last night, great quality. I would also add:
John Wick Chapter 3
Hulk
Avengers Endgame
Ready Player One
The Mummy
Ghostbusters 2016
The Matrix Trilogy
Transformers (all 5)
Thanks given by:
Eschenpod (Today), johnnyringo7 (Today), Wes_k089 (Yesterday)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Tags
4k blu-ray, uhd!