Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99
17 hrs ago
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$15.50

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99
22 hrs ago
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

Oculus (Blu-ray)
$6.99

The House of the Devil (Blu-ray)
$8.99
10 hrs ago
Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
12 hrs ago
A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Tomb Raider (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Alpha (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Some Like It Hot (Blu-ray)
$19.59

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 09-06-2018, 09:43 PM   #1061
Special Member

Jul 2012
Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniteCR View Post
Hopefully this unfortunate incident will underscore the demand for ROTC in 3D as they pay to rectify their mistakes with this 2 disc combo pack.
It also underscores the importance in sending out check discs. Man, had one been sent to the 3-D Film Archive, we would have never even known about this mistake. Archive members would have looked at it and after 7.9 seconds, somebody would have shouted, "Whoa!" and then a phone call would have been made. The release probably would have been delayed, and that's all.
Thanks given by:
George Hargensen (09-06-2018), infiniteCR (09-06-2018), Interdimensional (09-13-2018), revgen (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 09:46 PM   #1062
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Furmanek View Post
And my repeated posts to be patient and have faith were not sufficient?

When dealing with a major corporation, there is constant communication which must remain confidential. It is for that reason that licenses are secured and contracts are signed but I am not able to announce titles for many months.

When I began my dialogue with Universal last Tuesday afternoon, they made it very clear that none of the information was to be shared publicly until they could sort out the issues. I’m sure you can understand those reasons and I would hope that our close involvement with this 3-D restoration would have been adequate for your trust and confidence.
To be fair, you also made it clear that you were just hired to do the restoration, and had no control over the authoring or distribution. So most of us were under the belief that you had no control or influence over this situation. So people were panicking that they were on their own here.

We didn't imagine that you had confidential information.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:05 PM   #1063

Feb 2013
Toronto,Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnoone View Post
Hopefully, everyone on here who left a negative review on Amazon will delete their review, if not now, at least once you receive the corrected disc. The set shouldn't be tarnished with all of those reviews once this is all corrected. That should do away with plenty of Anton Phibes' retorts as well.
Right. When I receive the corrected disc and find it satisfactory, of course I will delete my review on Amazon and other websites where I posted. It's only fair.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:07 PM   #1064
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboneator64 View Post
That royally sucks! It seems that international customers always get the short end of the stick, regarding disc replacement programs. I hope that some kind of viable solution materializes for you!

If all else fails, perhaps it would then be best to go the refund, buy again at a later date when most of the SBS Revenge discs are out of circulation.

CHEERS!
I'm in the US and bought the UK Doctor Who Tom Baker set, and the BBC is sending replacements to me in the US. So some companies do the right thing in that regard.

Last edited by mar3o; 09-06-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:10 PM   #1065
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jack View Post
Has anyone else not gotten an email from them who emailed them or is everyone getting them?
I got the confirmation/reply today.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:19 PM   #1066
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2014
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimqk View Post
It also underscores the importance in sending out check discs. Man, had one been sent to the 3-D Film Archive, we would have never even known about this mistake. Archive members would have looked at it and after 7.9 seconds, somebody would have shouted, "Whoa!" and then a phone call would have been made. The release probably would have been delayed, and that's all.
Yeah for real, its always some bonehead trying to save a few moments who ends up costing everyone all the time and money later on.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:30 PM   #1067
Power Member

Jul 2010
Chicago, IL

T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimqk View Post
The reaction to this whole incident from the fans of 3-D movies doesn't surprise me at all. Because of the way 3-D is viewed by the mainstream these days, we 3-D fans have developed an inferiority complex. The TV manufacturers don't make 3-D TVs anymore, the studios don't include the superior Atmos audio tracks with the 3-D Blu-ray editions of newer films, WB has stopped outputting any of its classic 3-D titles, and the 3DFA has to fight and claw to obtain everything it can. I googled 3-D TVs recently and one of the top stories that popped up was some tech guy talking about how 3-D is dead.

So when Universal released the Creature set last week, it's easy to believe the worst. "It was done on purpose." "It was a mistake, but will they fix it?" "Why did this happen?" "Universal won't fix it because they don't care," and so on and so forth. Personally, I thought it had to be a mistake; there was no way Universal would knowingly do this. But I wondered if it would be fixed. Will they think this is important enough to do a replacement program? After all, it is 3-D and those tech guys love telling us 3-D is dead, anyway.

It is almost understandable why most movie goers today say they don't like 3-D. They say they don't like wearing the glasses, and they don't like paying the extra money, and that the 3-D doesn't do much for them, anyway. But if they knew about and watched the 3-D movies released during the Golden Age, I believe a lot of them would be singing a different tune. Every time I have a get-together at my home and show family and friends movies like The Maze, Inferno, House of Wax and Creature From the Black Lagoon, they love it! They think the imagery is totally awesome. That's because back then people working with 3-D knew what they were doing. They made the movies with 3-D in mind, unlike today when it's largely an afterthought.

I hope if something good comes out of this incident (other than that corrected disc we'll soon be getting), it's an appreciation by the studios that there are a lot of people still out there who are extremely passionate about the 3-D format, and they're particularly fond of the Golden Age 3-D greats and want to see more. WB and Fox(Disney) and John Wayne Estate and yes, even you Wade Williams ... come on. We want Gorilla At Large, Second Chance, Hondo, Cat-Women on the Moon, Robot Monster, Dangerous Mission ... all of it!
Nice! And folks don't forget to drop Universal a line to say we appreciate them taking care of this and for releasing the two, 3D features.
Thanks given by:
jimqk (09-06-2018), JMDiaz718 (09-06-2018), revgen (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 10:51 PM   #1068

Mar 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to EManT2200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jack View Post
Has anyone else not gotten an email from them who emailed them or is everyone getting them?

I received a reply just 2 1/2 hours after emailing my info to them. Now that is real customer service. I actually did not expect a reply till some time tomorrow.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:52 PM   #1069
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by davlee1991 View Post
I received an email too... but sadly, no celebrations on this end, as they seem to be flat out refusing to send replacement copies to anyone outside the US and Canada.

In reply to my request to have a replacement sent to myself in Australia, I got this useless stock-standard reply, which wasn't even personally addressed, and basically told me to contact my local arm to find out when the movies will be released in Australia, completely avoiding the issue at hand. Absolutely pathetic.

Guess I expected this though.

Sent a polite reply to universal requesting the replacement discs as I legally imported their faulty product and rightfully deserve the right to have the discs replaced as part of their replacement program. Yet another pathetic reply.

So, where does this leave us international folk who purchased this item? Just get stuck with a defective set?? I understand why they canít look after international customers in a regular situation, but surely this is different?

Quote:
Dear David,

Universal Studios Home Entertainment is the U.S. distributor for "Revenge of the Creature." We support consumers with U.S. and Canadian mailing addresses only, and we are not authorized to ship products outside those two countries. Consequently, we cannot accommodate your request for a replacement disc.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Thanks given by:
Esterhase (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 10:53 PM   #1070
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Aylmer, Quebec

Quote:
Originally Posted by EManT2200 View Post
I received a reply just 2 1/2 hours after emailing my info to them. Now that is real customer service. I actually did not expect a reply till some time tomorrow.
Got my response in 5 minutes for some reason
Old 09-06-2018, 11:21 PM   #1071

Aug 2018

I've emailed them from the UK today and already did a few days ago. No response yet
Old 09-06-2018, 11:26 PM   #1072

Jul 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by davlee1991 View Post
Sent a polite reply to universal requesting the replacement discs as I legally imported their faulty product and rightfully deserve the right to have the discs replaced as part of their replacement program. Yet another pathetic reply.

So, where does this leave us international folk who purchased this item? Just get stuck with a defective set?? I understand why they can’t look after international customers in a regular situation, but surely this is different?
..unfortunately they're not sending replacement discs to Malta in Europe either..so the question is : at which point will future sets contain the corrected discs..?..
Thanks given by:
davlee1991 (09-07-2018), Esterhase (09-06-2018), George Hargensen (09-07-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 11:33 PM   #1073

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisis2 View Post
..I too have received a positive reply that I would receive a replacement disc in 4 to 6 weeks and I live in Malta , Europe..am considering re contacting them to confirm..or perhaps I shouldn't mention anything to them once they've agreed to send it..
When they did the replacement programme for Batman '66, I applied and was given a similar response. However, I live in New Zealand and here we are all these years later and I've still never received my replacement disc

With situations like this now I just wait until the new discs are in circulation so I can buy the set without worrying about the replacement issue.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:45 PM   #1074

May 2010

Also received notification that they won't ship to me in Australia. Feeling royally ripped off at the moment.
Thanks given by:
Esterhase (09-07-2018), George Hargensen (09-07-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 11:52 PM   #1075

May 2010

Did you guys overseas order through amazon? I think they will refund you even if you opened it if you explain the situation, I think others mentioned they got refunds and amazon let them keep the defected copy. I know that means going without until corrected copies hit retail but at least you can get your money back.
Thanks given by:
davlee1991 (09-07-2018), Tboneator64 (09-07-2018), thisis2 (09-07-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 11:57 PM   #1076
Special Member

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Whether or not they'll send discs to certain countries may depend on distribution rights. Legally, Universal might not be able to send to Australia, for instance, because apparently Revenge of the Creature is licensed out to Shock there - they just released it as a standalone disc this week (2-D only, I believe) via their Cinema Cult line.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:00 AM   #1077

May 2010

I bought mine via Deep Discount.

What really bugs me about this is that other major distributors will mail replacement discs overseas. Paramount, BBC, Scream! Factory etc all do it so why not Universal? There's no hope of this set getting an Australian release because a company called Shock has the blu ray rights to REVENGE OF THE CREATURE so a complete set is impossible.
Thanks given by:
Esterhase (09-07-2018), George Hargensen (09-07-2018)
Old 09-07-2018, 12:23 AM   #1078

May 2010

"we are not authorized to ship products outside those two countries"

This is nonsense. Scream! Factory has the distribution rights for ARMY OF DARKNESS in the US and Via Vision has it in Australia and Scream! still sent me a replacement copy. Same with HALLOWEEN 4 which Umbrella has the rights to here. BBC also sent replacement discs for DOCTOR WHO discs which I purchased from the UK. Paramount sent replacement discs for various STAR TREK sets to Australia.

So they can do it. It's not illegal. They just choose not to.

Last edited by Shemp; 09-07-2018 at 12:29 AM.
Thanks given by:
Esterhase (09-07-2018)
Old 09-07-2018, 12:44 AM   #1079

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemp View Post
"we are not authorized to ship products outside those two countries"

This is nonsense. Scream! Factory has the distribution rights for ARMY OF DARKNESS in the US and Via Vision has it in Australia and Scream! still sent me a replacement copy. Same with HALLOWEEN 4 which Umbrella has the rights to here. BBC also sent replacement discs for DOCTOR WHO discs which I purchased from the UK. Paramount sent replacement discs for various STAR TREK sets to Australia.

So they can do it. It's not illegal. They just choose not to.
That does not necessarily prove it is not illegal. It may just mean one is more conservative then the other when it comes to risking retribution via a lawsuit.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:52 AM   #1080

Jul 2014

Mill Creek also do not ship replacement discs overseas. It's their choice. Do I agree with it? No. But I also recognise these companies are selling a product not licensed outside of North America so it is entirely up to them. It's the unfortunate risk when importing.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America