Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$51.29
11 hrs ago
Psycho: Complete 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$42.74
8 hrs ago
Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.99
22 hrs ago
The Bourne Classified Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

It: Chapter Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

Charley Varrick (Blu-ray)
$19.99
12 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers

Old 03-09-2010, 11:40 PM   #21
Expert Member

Jan 2009
Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to PitbullMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred7078 View Post
CONGRATS BRO
Old 03-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #22
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2008
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred7078 View Post
Congratulations. If you get tired of it, please send it to me.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:42 AM   #23

Jul 2009
Seattle, Wa

That's the one with the violin? Let's see a shot of it.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:33 AM   #24
Special Member

May 2009
Charlotte, NC

Thanks guys. and whoops I accidently posted a link and not the image link for the sub. Here is the pic...

Old 03-10-2010, 05:37 AM   #25

Jul 2009
Seattle, Wa

I mean of the violin, lol.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:45 PM   #26

Jan 2010

Hey bigred plz put up as detailed review as you can. I am on the fence between this or an svs. You have a similar audio opinion as I do except I got out of vinyl and decided to go all digital Thanks!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:40 AM   #27
Special Member

May 2009
Charlotte, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
Hey bigred plz put up as detailed review as you can. I am on the fence between this or an svs. You have a similar audio opinion as I do except I got out of vinyl and decided to go all digital Thanks!
Well after having this sucker for a little bit now I can say without question that I love it!

It's an incredibly good sounding sub. Tight, clean, powerful...everything I have been looking for and it all comes from a small enclosure!. It fits my needs perfectly. I've been on a search for a sub that was great for movies and music. Everyone says the Rythmik is awesome for music, but can lack in output compared to some other subs...Well I can tell you for a fact that this sub has awesome output in my room. It has some serious power, but it maintains its clean sound even when pushing it to the max (gotta love the servo ). I watched Terminator: Salvation today to give it a workout....holy crap did it perform. Talk about slam! With music its amazing. Fast, with a nice punch. It blends with my mains perfectly which is a task I have had troubles with before the F12SE. I'm a happy camper

BTW, I purchased through Ascend Acoustics and they were EXCELLENT. Dina is the main customer service there and she does an incredible job. Thumbs up to them
Old 03-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #28

Apr 2009
Denver CO

Hey bigred...how would you compare your Rythmik to the MFW you had? What prompted you to change subs?
Old 03-18-2010, 10:47 PM   #29
Special Member

May 2009
Charlotte, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregBe View Post
Hey bigred...how would you compare your Rythmik to the MFW you had? What prompted you to change subs?
I like it a lot more. They MFW-15 was nice, but it was hard to tame the boominess it had at times. It had some nice output, but the SQ between the two is no comparison. The MFW would bottom out at times as well. For music, the MFW just did not cut. The Rythmik was definately a step up. Bryan at Rythmik also just released a E15 which is a front firing 15" with a slightly smaller profile than the F15. They are available with a 600 watt class H amp now. These will provide the output that people with large rooms need. The finish quality on my Rythmik is also top notch. That piano finish is serious business compared to many companies version of piano black (orange peel effect).

EDIT: its not like the MFW-15 is a bad sub though. I liked it a lot. But there is definately a difference between the two and I prefer the Rythmik in my system

Last edited by bigred7078; 03-18-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:17 PM   #30

Jan 2010

About time J/k thanks for the review. After I move I will prob pull the trigger on this!
Old 03-19-2010, 12:46 AM   #31

Jul 2009
Seattle, Wa

They are worth it. I'm planning to start work on refinishing my subs. I'm actually thinking about going with the same piano black I used with my speakers, but I could go with a wood veneer and a nice stain as well. I haven't made up my mind yet. What do you guys think? I was leaning toward the black finish because the new sub risers I'm building for them are using the red stain I used on my speakers and I think they would look nice together. I could do a 1/2 and 1/2 like I did with my speakers. Veneer a couple sides and paint the rest piano black. I just I might just stick with the piano finish tho.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:02 AM   #32
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Tampa Bay, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareface View Post
They are worth it. I'm planning to start work on refinishing my subs. I'm actually thinking about going with the same piano black I used with my speakers, but I could go with a wood veneer and a nice stain as well. I haven't made up my mind yet. What do you guys think? I was leaning toward the black finish because the new sub risers I'm building for them are using the red stain I used on my speakers and I think they would look nice together. I could do a 1/2 and 1/2 like I did with my speakers. Veneer a couple sides and paint the rest piano black. I just I might just stick with the piano finish tho.
If you could do piano black finishes for the subs, I'd imagine they'd look as great as your speakers.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:29 PM   #33

Jul 2009
Seattle, Wa

I'm going to get some pricing on some airbrushing. I never plan to sell the subs so I might as well make them look awesome. I want to stick with the piano black finish, but I think I'm going to add some airbrushed artwork before I apply the clear coats. I don't know what I want to add tho. I was thinking of an instrument, or something related to music. The flames are a classic standby, but I'm going to leave them on the back burner unless I can't think of something better.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:34 AM   #34

Jul 2009
Brooklyn, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitbullMike View Post
Congrats man BTW I love your DIY speakers
Coming from someone else that has built their own speakers I must agree with PBM. I do however have one little question...... Why did you build the mains identical, instead of mirror images of each other?
Old 03-28-2010, 08:20 AM   #35

Jul 2009
Seattle, Wa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animo View Post
Coming from someone else that has built their own speakers I must agree with PBM. I do however have one little question...... Why did you build the mains identical, instead of mirror images of each other?
It was a mistake. It only hurts off axis sound, but there aren't any off axis listening positions in my room. I was thinking about rerouting it, but I planned to build a new pair anyways so I wasn't too worried about it. This was my first time building speakers so I just wanted to refine the technique. I'm planning to start work on a new pair of speakers near the end of this year. Right now at the top of the list are:

We'll see if I change my mind or a new design comes along before then.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #36

Apr 2010

This D15SE looks very serious; the photo at Rythmik site doesn't do its justice.

This D15SE (saving up $$$) will go well with my mini. I don't think my condo neighbors would be very appreciated.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:23 AM   #37

Apr 2010
Albuquerque, NM

I'm planning on building two DS15 clones from Rythmik custom installation kits, with the XLR amp option, sometime this summer. I appreciate all the "rave" reviews. The Behringer DSP1124 is already racked up and waiting.

I haven't decided how to finish them yet. Piano black would be nice but the dust is out of control here. I'd have a shiny cat outline surrounded by dust. I'm also considering cherry veneer to match my main speakers - have no experience with veneer though. Have even considered having them sprayed with polyurethane bedliner.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:07 AM   #38

Jul 2009
Seattle, Wa

I may be a little late to the party, I've been busy as hell. I've been thinking about refinishing my subs and one of the top candidates right now is:

http://samples.wilsonartcontract.com..._finishes.aspx

They have a lot of great finishes, you should take it into consideration.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:17 AM   #39

Nov 2008
VA

Good review of the F12SE

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...hmik_f12se.htm
Old 10-25-2010, 11:36 PM   #40

Jul 2009

just thought id bump this thread. ive had my d15se for over a year now and i prefer it musicly to my two PB12 plus's

the rythmik is tight and precise and still can get down and dirty. i love it.

not enough praise for this brand
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers