Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (Xbox One)
$32.75
18 hrs ago
Gears 5 (Xbox One)
$69.88

Greedfall (Xbox One)
$41.88

Wreckfest (Xbox One)
$33.99

Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Xbox One)
$19.99

Just Cause 4 (Xbox One)
$19.99

Generation Zero (Xbox One)
$19.99

NASCAR Heat 4 (Xbox One)
$41.88

The Sinking City (Xbox One)
$36.98

Rage 2 (Xbox One)
$29.99

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Xbox One)
$29.99

No Man's Sky (Xbox One)
$19.93

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 05-16-2014, 10:33 PM   #1
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Default Halo: The Master Chief Collection Out Now

Quote:
Master Chief is getting a facelift with an HD collection of his exploits. We've learned that Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 are being collected in a Master Chief-focused HD remaster coming from Microsoft. Our sources say that the set will zero in on Halo's most famous soldier to refresh audience's memories ahead of Halo 5's release, so curiosities like Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach likely won't be a part of the package. The game's developer is unknown at this point, but considering that Saber Interactive handled Combat Evolved Anniversary and is also working on an unannounced Xbox One project, the team is a likely suspect. Also unclear are plans for digital distribution, resolution and frame-rate (Microsoft bragged that that the next Halo will run at a "blistering" 60fps), piecemeal releases, or if the games will surface on other platforms as well (PC, anyone?).

Microsoft has gone on record saying that it would love to have Halo release more than once every three years. It's used different developers to fill that task since, but we're still pushing two years since Halo 4 launched. To commemorate the first game's 10th birthday, Microsoft released Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for the Xbox 360, which served as a stop-gap for the 343 Industries-developed Halo 4; there's precedent for this sort of thing. This remake makes a lot of sense for Redmond for a couple of different reasons: it satisfies the more-frequent release desire and it helps fans get caught up on the story. It also gives them the chance to re-experience some of the best console shooters with better looks and sound.
Source
Old 05-16-2014, 11:08 PM   #2
Power Member

Oct 2009
Mobile, AL

I don't know that I'd play through 1-3 again other than to see how they spruced it up... but I would totally play through 4 again if they polished it up nice. It was already the best looking game on the 360 to me though, so I can't imagine how much better they could make it on Xbox One.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:23 PM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Awesome news. Sure it will be pricy but worth it and will make me get my X1 sooner.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:28 AM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Interesting.

Im sure it'll be normal price. Its not like it'll be on multiple discs and no way a single disc release is overpriced unless it is a collectors package.

Glad they're leaving out ODST. God I hate that game. It looked like an N64 game and it's levels were as lifeless and unpopulated as could be. So much purple and blue. Blah.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:01 AM   #5

Mar 2011
Richmond, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Glad they're leaving out ODST. God I hate that game. It looked like an N64 game and it's levels were as lifeless and unpopulated as could be. So much purple and blue. Blah.
Glad im not the only one who didnt like ODST, played the campaign once and never played it again. I have no idea why its looked on so fondly. The voice cast however was fantastic.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:04 AM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

Yeah, I have a buddy who really enjoyed ODST, but it didn't ring my bell very much. I had the same problem with Wars too though. Glad to hear this might be coming to the One. Maybe by the time it is does I'll be ready for a new console.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:43 AM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Will own!!!!
Old 05-17-2014, 09:38 AM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

We'll finally get all the Halo games on 1 console
Old 05-17-2014, 09:42 AM   #9

Apr 2014

Not sure I want to play through Halo: Combat Evolved again, especially the Flood levels. I'd be compelled to unlock all the achievements again so it would start to feel like a grind.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:51 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

If I can transfer my save/MP stats then I'll definitely buy, but if not I'll just pick up Halo 2 Anniversary then 5.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:48 PM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSlim View Post
I don't know that I'd play through 1-3 again other than to see how they spruced it up... but I would totally play through 4 again if they polished it up nice. It was already the best looking game on the 360 to me though, so I can't imagine how much better they could make it on Xbox One.
Not a lot needs to be done. Halo 1 and 2 (rumored) have gotten facelifts such that they would look fine w/1080p/60. Halo 3 also still looks decent. Halo 4 look exceptional and would really only need a 1080p/60fps facelift.

This collection can be done without too much effort.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The empire state

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertron View Post
If I can transfer my save/MP stats then I'll definitely buy, but if not I'll just pick up Halo 2 Anniversary then 5.
Halo 1-4 would be in one package.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:13 PM   #13
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman1977 View Post
Halo 1-4 would be in one package.
Yes, but there will also be a Halo 2 Anniversary release separate too. They won't force everyone to buy all 4 just to get one game.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
Yes, but there will also be a Halo 2 Anniversary release separate too. They won't force everyone to buy all 4 just to get one game.
I find that to be the odd thing about all of this. What's the point of Halo 2 Anniversary if it's going to be packaged in the collection? I have a hard time understanding why anyone would only want Halo 2.

The only way it makes sense is if the collection doesn't include the multiplayer component or includes multiplayer as one giant package as suggested.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:29 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
I find that to be the odd thing about all of this. What's the point of Halo 2 Anniversary if it's going to be packaged in the collection? I have a hard time understanding why anyone would only want Halo 2.

The only way it makes sense is if the collection doesn't include the multiplayer component or includes multiplayer as one giant package as suggested.
I agree, one kind of nullifies the other.

Why no Halo:Reach? Aside from 1, that was my favorite. I didn't like 2, 3 was just ok, and 4 was kind of hard to play alone.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #16
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariakon View Post
Why no Halo:Reach?
Because it's called The Master Chief Collection?
Old 05-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #17

Jun 2011

I don't know if I want to play through Halo 2 again... the pain of just back tracking through ALL the levels....
Old 05-18-2014, 02:56 PM   #18
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:

That's what I'm thinking will end up happening. H2A will have it's own multiplayer based on H2 of course and the Master Chief collection will have one giant MP option with different levels and game modes taken from all 4 games. Not 4 separate MP modes.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:18 PM   #19
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

Quote:

Well it would be cheaper to buy 2 on its own rather than rebuying 1-4.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:18 PM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertron View Post
Well it would be cheaper to buy 2 on its own rather than rebuying 1-4.
But why would anybody want to buy JUST 2? If you want Halo 2 you would also likely want at least 1 and 3. Probably 4 too.

I don't know of a single person who says 2 is their favorite.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One