Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.47

Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$69.90

Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.04

Ultraman Orb (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Star Wars Rebels: Complete Season Three (Blu-ray)
$14.96
12 hrs ago
Ultraman Geed (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Sailor Moon Sailor Stars: Season 5, Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$59.84

The Walking Dead: The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$33.99

Doctor Who: The Complete Peter Capaldi Years (Blu-ray)
$64.99

Message from Space: Galactic Wars (Blu-ray)
$31.82

Outlander: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$20.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 04-11-2019, 04:45 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Send a message via AIM to Britnasty
Disney Disney+'s "Love, Simon"

Love, Simon TV Series In Development For Disney+ (EXCLUSIVE)

Quote:
Greg Berlanti’s well-received LGBTQ+ love story ‘Love, Simon’ from Fox was originally based on Becky Albertalli’s novel ‘Simon vs the Homosapien Agenda’. The film was led by Nick Robinson with Keiynan Lonsdale, Katherine Langford, Alexandra Shipp, Josh Duhamel and Jennifer Garner making up the supporting cast of the 2017 film.

Following Disney’s acquisition of 21st Century Fox, the rights for Becky Albertalli’s book have now transitioned over to the Mouse House and they intend to use the property again.

According to my sources, Disney is set to develop a ‘Love, Simon’ TV series for the Disney+ streaming service. Elizabeth Berger and Isaac Aptaker, who wrote the screenplay for the 2017 film, are set to executive produce the TV series.

Production is being eyed to begin in August in Los Angeles. It is currently unknown whether the series will act as a sequel to the 2017 movie or will instead be a reboot and will retell the story once again.

This is the second LGBTQ+-led show to be announced for Disney+ as the studio also announced a series titled ‘Four Dads.’ The series will focus on when two dads get divorced and then each remarry, they must navigate their new lives whilst raising their teenage daughters. It will begin filming on May 6th in Los Angeles.

‘Love, Simon’ joins a wide catalogue of shows and films being developed for Disney+ including the live-action adaption of ‘Lady and the Tramp’, ‘Book Of Enchantment’ as well as a range of Marvel and Star Wars shows currently in various stages of development.

Disney+’s ‘Love, Simon’ will release in 2020.

Disney has yet to respond for comment.

Discussing Film

Thanks given by:
Petey Parker (08-16-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 05:05 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Sounds great! Might just give it a shot...
Old 04-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Alabama

The movie was fine, but did kind of drag a little and could have been about 10 minutes shorter so I'm not sure it's the best film to be made into a TV show, but hopefully it's a sequel because it'd be awfully weird to reboot it as a TV show so soon after the film was released, it's only been 13 months since theaters.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:25 PM   #4
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2012
USA

Def interested.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
The movie was fine, but did kind of drag a little and could have been about 10 minutes shorter so I'm not sure it's the best film to be made into a TV show, but hopefully it's a sequel because it'd be awfully weird to reboot it as a TV show so soon after the film was released, it's only been 13 months since theaters.
The movie was perfection. Full stop.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:35 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Send a message via AIM to Britnasty

It will be a reboot. That way they can re-tell the entire story with more breathing room and add in stuff that was left out of the book.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/love-si...er-1202594236/
Old 04-12-2019, 02:12 AM   #7

Nov 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britnasty View Post
It will be a reboot. That way they can re-tell the entire story with more breathing room and add in stuff that was left out of the book.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/love-si...er-1202594236/
Man, I loved the movie, and I really don't want to see it remade (even as a tv series) so soon. I even love teen drama shows as well, and that still doesn't have me hyped. With that said I'm still gonna hope for the best, but be prepared to be disappointed.

EDIT: The book was also pretty good too.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:22 AM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Minnesota

Such a bummer the original cast isn't involved. Would have rather had a movie sequel to be honest so they could come back. Also it kind of sucks having to go over the plot from the first again with him still being closeted. I'll definitely give it a chance though. The movie was really charming.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:23 PM   #9

Oct 2017
Arequipa, Perú

The page where I read the new said it was a Leah on the Offbeat adaptation. Weird

BUT IT'S SOOOO AMAZING.

Shane about the new cast, BUT I WANT MORE OF SIMON SO I'M HAPPY
Old 05-29-2019, 06:38 PM   #10
Special Member

Jan 2008

Exclusive: ‘Love, Simon’ Disney+ Series Will Focus on Two New Characters Not in the Movie

https://www.slashfilm.com/love-simon-tv-series-details/
Old 05-29-2019, 07:28 PM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
Exclusive: ‘Love, Simon’ Disney+ Series Will Focus on Two New Characters Not in the Movie

https://www.slashfilm.com/love-simon-tv-series-details/
I read this and thought "So why are they calling it a Love, Simon series if it's not about the characters in the movie?" lol Are they in the book(s)?
Old 05-30-2019, 12:57 AM   #12

Jun 2010

I would think that they would keep the lead's name "Simon" but have it be an unrelated/new story.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:40 PM   #13
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2011
Alaska

I'd be interested if at least Robinson was back.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:25 AM   #14
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2012
USA

Source:Deadline

Quote:
Michael Cimino Leads Cast Of Disney+ Series

Michael Cimino (Annabelle Comes Home, Training Day) is set as the lead in Love, Simon, the Disney+ series inspired by the praised 2018 movie based on Becky Albertali’s New York Times bestselling novel. Cimino joins previously announced Ana Ortiz in the half-hour series which begins production this month in Los Angeles. Love, Simon hails from This Is Us executive producers/co-showrunners Isaac Aptaker and Elizabeth Berger, who wrote the movie, and 20th Century Fox TV, part of Disney TV Studios.

Set in the world of the film, the series follows Victor (Cimino), a new student at Creekwood High School on his own journey of self-discovery, facing challenges at home, adjusting to a new city, and struggling with his sexual orientation. When it all seems too much, he reaches out to Simon to help him navigate the ups and downs of high school.

Ana Ortiz plays Isabel, Victor’s smart and warm mother who loves her husband and her family, but is under a lot of pressure as they move their family across the country. Nick Robinson, who starred in the original Love, Simon film, will also produce and narrate the series.

The cast also includes James Martinez (One Day at a Time) as Armando, Victor’s regular blue collar “guy’s guy” father who loves his family deeply and works hard for his family. Isabella Ferreira (Orange is the New Black) plays Pilar, Victor’s sullen younger sister in the throws of teenage angst, while Mateo Fernandez will make his acting debut as Adrian, Victor’s adorable, good-natured little brother. Johnny Sequoyah (Believe) stars as Mia, Victor’s whip-smart friend with a quick wit and easy laugh, with Bebe Wood (The Real O’Neals, The New Normal) as her quirky and social media-obsessed best friend, Lake. George Sear (Will, Into the Badlands) portrays Benji, Victor’s confident and charming classmate, with Anthony Turpel (The Bold and the Beautiful) as Felix, Victor’s lanky, awkward new neighbor, and Mason Gooding (Booksmart) as Andrew, Creekwood’s cocky and popular basketball-loving jock.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:59 AM   #15

Sep 2007

Really cool that Nick Robinson is back!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows