Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$5.00
4 hrs ago
Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
$18.96
 
Crimson Peak (Blu-ray)
$36.68
4 hrs ago
Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
Bull Durham (Blu-ray)
$18.96
16 hrs ago
The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96
 
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Lost Missions (Blu-ray)
$12.74
 
Django + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$36.68
4 hrs ago
The Spy Who Dumped Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 01:37 AM   #1141
MikeCL MikeCL is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
MikeCL's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Connecticut
171
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Smoove View Post
Right. They currently have both versions for $9.99, so make sure yours is the BB Exclusive. The extra special features are with it.
I'm trying to find what the extra features are? Is the 2 disc going to be hard to find?
Got my first Blu-ray on September 28th 2011!
100 Blu-ray's on 2/10/13

PS4 tag= Subaru1324
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:42 AM   #1142
blu-ray_girl_fan blu-ray_girl_fan is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
1
87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
I'm trying to find what the extra features are? Is the 2 disc going to be hard to find?
The reviews that you'll find online are all going to be for the 3-disc set. The 2-disc set has fewer Special Features. Also, on the 3-disc set, Disc 1 only has the movie, and the video encode has a higher bitrate. On the 2-disc set, the movie shares disc space with the featurettes.

Last edited by blu-ray_girl_fan; 08-08-2013 at 07:38 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:53 AM   #1143
beware beware is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
beware's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
St. Louis
268
Default

I got the 2 disc for 4.99 before the 3 disc was that price after promo. No biggie, I dug the film but didn't LOVE it. I only buy the "Best" editions for films I love.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #1144
Paul.R.S Paul.R.S is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Hollywood, California
183
44
1
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
wow is this blu on sale or something? I'm looking on Amazon now and was kinda shocked to see it listed for $9.99... Is it price matched or something? I've been kinda out of the loop because I was building a pc system but I'm back now!
Mike: To actually speak to your questions, I'm speculating but I think BB price-matched an Amazon price drop to $9.99 about 10 days ago on both the general retailer release and their exclusive version. That is what seems to me led to the 3-disc exclu (misleadingly labeled "Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy"; it's more accurately described as 'Blu-ray feature + Blu-ray supplements + DVD' . . . I guess Par does this because they're supporting both Ultraviolet and Digital Copy) quickly disappearing from BB store shelves.

If anyone has the BB weekly flyer from last week and/or the week before and would check it please (as I don't think it's available online once the week it contemplates has passed), I'm wondering if BB advertised the price drop or if this was more stealthy.

Last edited by Paul.R.S; 07-30-2012 at 06:48 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #1145
MikeCL MikeCL is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
MikeCL's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Connecticut
171
2
Default

And to get it for $9.99 It's with the upgrade and save program right? I'm wondering how many Best Buy's I'm going to have to drive to today.
Got my first Blu-ray on September 28th 2011!
100 Blu-ray's on 2/10/13

PS4 tag= Subaru1324
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #1146
Mandalorian Mandalorian is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Mandalorian's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
1164
155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
And to get it for $9.99 It's with the upgrade and save program right? I'm wondering how many Best Buy's I'm going to have to drive to today.
No, you can get it for $4.99 after U&S. It's $9.99 without trade-in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #1147
MikeCL MikeCL is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
MikeCL's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Connecticut
171
2
Default

Ah ok got it

Only dvd's I wont ever trade in is Mission impossible 1 and Air Force One as they were one of the first DVD's I got back in late 96 or mid 1997.

But today POTC Dead man's Chest can go
Got my first Blu-ray on September 28th 2011!
100 Blu-ray's on 2/10/13

PS4 tag= Subaru1324
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #1148
Paul.R.S Paul.R.S is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Hollywood, California
183
44
1
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
I'm wondering how many Best Buy's I'm going to have to drive to today.
You shouldn't have to drive to multiple stores if you simply use the BB site's "Check Stores" function to see which locations have the title in stock. (And it appears that there was either some kind of glitch going on last Thursday when I posted word of the exclu being largely out of stock or stores have simply received new stock because in taking a quick look today, quite a few of the "flyover state" Zip Codes which were showing no stock four days ago now have it again.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #1149
MikeCL MikeCL is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
MikeCL's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Connecticut
171
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
You shouldn't have to drive to multiple stores if you simply use the BB site's "Check Stores" function to see which locations have the title in stock. (And it appears that there was either some kind of glitch going on last Thursday when I posted word of the exclu being largely out of stock or stores have simply received new stock because in taking a quick look today, quite a few of the "flyover state" Zip Codes which were showing no stock four days ago now have it again.)
I used to work at best buy from 2003 to 2005 and trust me don't fully rely on that check store feature.. So many people would get mad and said it said your store has it.. I just show them the store stock screen and they went looking at another store.

Anyways I picked the movie up and it's in the PS3 now.. not too happy about the preview showing right now.. It looks like a low bitrate youtube video.. hopefully the movie looks better.
Got my first Blu-ray on September 28th 2011!
100 Blu-ray's on 2/10/13

PS4 tag= Subaru1324
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #1150
Paul.R.S Paul.R.S is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Hollywood, California
183
44
1
3
Default

And "trust me," Mike, I know from way more than two years of consumer experience at Best Buy how unreliable their inventory management systems can be.

Is there a store policy on whether employees can hand a customer the product anyway if the customer placed an order for Store Pickup and canceled it while standing in line? I've seen it go both ways. Seems like this approach is the only/best way to see if a store truly has the product: make them find it. But since it's my understanding that you can't apply a U&S coupon or any other discount that was not entered when the order was placed online to a Store Pickup order when you pick it up (all they can do is ring it up as is or, or not), it seems you have to game the system a bit when trying to purchase something "rare"/not widely stocked.

Last edited by Paul.R.S; 07-30-2012 at 06:18 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #1151
blu-ray_girl_fan blu-ray_girl_fan is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
1
87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
Mike: To actually speak to your questions, I'm speculating but I think BB price-matched an Amazon price drop to $9.99 about 10 days ago on both the general retailer release and their exclusive version. That is what seems to me led to the 3-disc exclu (misleadingly labeled "Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy"; it's more accurately described as 'Blu-ray feature + Blu-ray supplements + DVD' . . . I guess Par does this because they're supporting both Ultraviolet and Digital Copy) quickly disappearing from BB store shelves.

If anyone has the BB weekly flyer from last week and/or the week before and would check it please (as I don't think it's available online once the week it contemplates has passed), I'm wondering if BB advertised the price drop or if this was more stealthy.
The PM was the other way around. The first week of the current Upgrade and Save promotion, Best Buy had the 2-disc set listed for $9.99. That's when Amazon PMed Best Buy. Last week, for the one day that both versions of Ghost Protocol jumped in price for some odd reason, Amazon's price jumped up to $14.99. When the price for both went back down to $9.99, Amazon PMed Best Buy again.

Last edited by blu-ray_girl_fan; 07-31-2012 at 09:35 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #1152
mredman mredman is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Jun 2008
12
7
Default

So foreign countries Will never get a chance to watch the superior release from best buy.

Paramount you truly suck. This is not the way to treat foreign buyers of your movies !
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:20 AM   #1153
kernel_thai kernel_thai is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
kernel_thai's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
106
Default

I got it for $4.99 with trade-in... pretty amazing for a movie out only 8 months and a big hit as well.
32" Sharp Aquos LCD, 46" Samsung LN46C670 LCD
Tivo HD DVR, Onkyo TX-SR606, Sony BDP-550, Toshiba HD-A35

FOX, the network so dumb it should be called OX

Machete don't text.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #1154
Indiana Jones Indiana Jones is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Aug 2009
Bristol, England
39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
So foreign countries Will never get a chance to watch the superior release from best buy.

Paramount you truly suck. This is not the way to treat foreign buyers of your movies !
Just import it, dirt cheap at the moment.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #1155
mredman mredman is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Jun 2008
12
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
Just import it, dirt cheap at the moment.
How can you import from best buy?

dothey have a site for foreign costumers?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #1156
Smoker25 Smoker25 is offline
Active Member
 
Smoker25's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Zagreb, Croatia
2109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
How can you import from best buy?

dothey have a site for foreign costumers?
Try this. It ends in less than six hours so you better hurry.

Edit: Here's another one.

Last edited by Smoker25; 08-11-2012 at 04:37 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #1157
mredman mredman is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Jun 2008
12
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker25 View Post
Try this. It ends in less than six hours so you better hurry.

Edit: Here's another one.
i have had bad experience with ebay sellers so if that is the only way to get the superior release then i say up yours paramount

but thanks for links anyway
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #1158
Indiana Jones Indiana Jones is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Aug 2009
Bristol, England
39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
How can you import from best buy?

dothey have a site for foreign costumers?
If there is ever a retailer exclusive you want you can be sure it will be listed here...

http://www.bluraysforeveryone.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #1159
mredman mredman is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Jun 2008
12
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
If there is ever a retailer exclusive you want you can be sure it will be listed here...

http://www.bluraysforeveryone.com/
will look on this thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #1160
RAILERSWIM RAILERSWIM is offline
Active Member
 
RAILERSWIM's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Newton, Ks
243
38
6
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiman04 View Post
He meant OAR, not disc AR. There are two different ARs in the product page so he's right.
Thank you for the intellectual support.

People, I'm not a noob, I know what I'm saying. Trust my posts. And to make it clear again I'm commenting on the ORIGINAL Aspect Ratio.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:58 AM.