Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$115.96

Skyscraper 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Everest 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.18

Goosebumps 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Geostorm 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.35

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Jurassic World 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.97

Sanctum 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.01

Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.05

Comin' at Ya! 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.04

The Pirates! Band of Misfits in 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.73

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players

Old 07-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
Special Member

Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD
Default Panasonic DMP-BDT350/300

I have both the DMP-BDT350 and the DMP-BDT300 players they are essentially the same except the 300 lacks DLNA that allows the player to access multimedia files and your computer through your network.
The main features for me is that along with regular 3D support it also supports the checkerboard format (1080p) that is needed for my two Samsung DLP tvs. Mitsubishi also makes DLP models that support checkerboard. Another great feature is that it has two HDMI outputs so if you purchased a new 3D set that supports HDMI 1.4 it does not obsolete your receiver that that HDMI 1.3.

"DLNA feature [BDT350]
You can enjoy viewing video and pictures saved on a DLNA
Certified media server (such as a PC with Windows 7 installed
etc.) connected to the home network with this unit."

Specifications
Signal system: NTSC
Operating temperature range:
i5 oC to i35 oC (i41 oF to i95 oF)
Operating humidity range:
10 % to 80 % RH (no condensation)
Video output: 1.0 Vp-p (75 ≠)/Pin jack:1 system
Component video output (Y:green, PB:blue,PR:red):
Y:1.0 Vp-p (75 ≠)/PB, PR:0.7 Vp-p (75 ≠)/Pin jack:1 system
Audio output: 2 Vrms (1 kHz, 0 dB)/Pin jack
Number of connectors :
7.1 channel discrete output:1 system
(2 channel + 5.1 channel discrete output)
Digital audio output:
Optical digital output : Optical terminal
Coaxial digital output : Pin jack
HDMI AV output: Type A (19 pin) : 2 system(Main/Sub)
HDMI (3D, Content Type)
This unit supports “HDAVI Control 5” function.
SD card slot: Connector : 1 system
USB slot: USB2.0 : 2 systems
Ethernet: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX : 1 system
LASER Specification
Class I LASER Product:
Wave length:790 nm (CDs)/650 nm (DVDs)/405 nm (BDs)
Laser power: No hazardous radiation is emitted with the
safety protection
Power supply: AC 120 V, 60 Hz
Power consumption: Approx. 31 W
Power consumption in standby mode: Approx. 0.1 W
Power consumption in quick start standby mode:
Approx. 7.7 W
Dimensions (WkDkH) Including the projecting parts:
430 mmk245 mmk66 mm
(Approx. 16 15/16zk9 11/16zk2 5/8z)
Mass (Weight): Approx. 2.6 kg (5.7 lbs)
Wireless LAN Adaptor (DY-WL10)
Dimensions (WkDkH): 44 mmk72 mmk27 mm
(1 3/4zk2 7/8zk1 1/8z)
Mass (Weight): Approx. 29 g (1.02 oz)
Antenna: Tx 1, Rx 2
Interface: USB2.0
Standard Compliance:
IEEE802.11n / IEEE802.11a / IEEE802.11g / IEEE802.11b
Transmission system:
MISO-OFDM system, OFDM system, DSSS system
Frequency Range:
IEEE802.11n / IEEE802.11a:
5.15 GHz - 5.35 GHz/5.47 GHz - 5.825 GHz
IEEE802.11g / IEEE802.11b / IEEE802.11n:
2.4 GHz - 2.4835 GHz
Transfer rate (standard)*:
IEEE802.11n: Tx Max. 150 Mbps, Rx Max. 300 Mbps
IEEE802.11g / IEEE802.11a: Max. 54 Mbps
IEEE802.11b: Max. 11 Mbps
Access Mode:
Infrastructure mode
Security: WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES)
WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES)
WEP (64 bit / 128 bit)
(This unit supports WPA and WPA2 encryption.)

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...del.DMP-BDT350

Last edited by PaulGo; 07-15-2010 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Eliminate reference to front projection DLP
Old 07-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #2

Dec 2007
Princeton West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to lghaze42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGo View Post
I have both the DMP-BDT350 and the DMP-BDT300 players they are essentially the same except the 300 lacks DLNA that allows the player to access multimedia files and your computer through your network.
The main features for me is that along with regular 3D support it also supports the checkerboard format (1080p) that is needed for my two Samsung DLP tvs. Mitsubishi also makes DLP models that support checkerboard plus I believe their are front projection DLP models that support checkerboard. Another great feature is that it has two HDMI outputs so if you purchased a new 3D set that supports HDMI 1.4 it does not obsolete your receiver that that HDMI 1.3.

"DLNA feature [BDT350]

Specifications
Signal system: NTSC
Operating temperature range:
i5 oC to i35 oC (i41 oF to i95 oF)
Operating humidity range:
10 % to 80 % RH (no condensation)
Video output: 1.0 Vp-p (75 ≠)/Pin jack:1 system
Component video output (Y:green, PB:blue,PR:red):
Y:1.0 Vp-p (75 ≠)/PB, PR:0.7 Vp-p (75 ≠)/Pin jack:1 system
Audio output: 2 Vrms (1 kHz, 0 dB)/Pin jack
Number of connectors :
7.1 channel discrete output:1 system
(2 channel + 5.1 channel discrete output)
Digital audio output:
Optical digital output : Optical terminal
Coaxial digital output : Pin jack
HDMI AV output: Type A (19 pin) : 2 system(Main/Sub)
HDMI (3D, Content Type)
This unit supports “HDAVI Control 5” function.
SD card slot: Connector : 1 system
USB slot: USB2.0 : 2 systems
Ethernet: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX : 1 system
LASER Specification
Class I LASER Product:
Wave length:790 nm (CDs)/650 nm (DVDs)/405 nm (BDs)
Laser power: No hazardous radiation is emitted with the
safety protection
Power supply: AC 120 V, 60 Hz
Power consumption: Approx. 31 W
Power consumption in standby mode: Approx. 0.1 W
Power consumption in quick start standby mode:
Approx. 7.7 W
Dimensions (WkDkH) Including the projecting parts:
430 mmk245 mmk66 mm
(Approx. 16 15/16zk9 11/16zk2 5/8z)
Mass (Weight): Approx. 2.6 kg (5.7 lbs)
Wireless LAN Adaptor (DY-WL10)
Dimensions (WkDkH): 44 mmk72 mmk27 mm
(1 3/4zk2 7/8zk1 1/8z)
Mass (Weight): Approx. 29 g (1.02 oz)
Antenna: Tx 1, Rx 2
Interface: USB2.0
Standard Compliance:
IEEE802.11n / IEEE802.11a / IEEE802.11g / IEEE802.11b
Transmission system:
MISO-OFDM system, OFDM system, DSSS system
Frequency Range:
IEEE802.11n / IEEE802.11a:
5.15 GHz - 5.35 GHz/5.47 GHz - 5.825 GHz
IEEE802.11g / IEEE802.11b / IEEE802.11n:
2.4 GHz - 2.4835 GHz
Transfer rate (standard)*:
IEEE802.11n: Tx Max. 150 Mbps, Rx Max. 300 Mbps
IEEE802.11g / IEEE802.11a: Max. 54 Mbps
IEEE802.11b: Max. 11 Mbps
Access Mode:
Infrastructure mode
Security: WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES)
WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES)
WEP (64 bit / 128 bit)
(This unit supports WPA and WPA2 encryption.)

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...del.DMP-BDT350
I was thinking of getting one of these next spring but I wonder if I should wait for the 2011's to come out?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
Special Member

Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD

These may be the only models that will offer checkerboard. If you have a 3D capable DLP set this may your only chance to get a 3D Blu-ray player. The exception is Mitsubishi is making an adapter for their 3D sets that will allow you to use any 3D device (including any model 3D Blu-ray player). However it only works with their sets - they put in a EDID check that looks for Mitsubishi DLP sets.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #4
Special Member

Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD

"DLNA feature [BDT350]

A comment on this feature compared to the PS3.
The PS3 appears to do a much better job of upscaling content from the PC. I have tried it with AVI files and jpeg photos. In all instances the PS3 produces a much more enjoyable viewing experience.

Also, the PS3 handles more file formats than the Panasonic.

On the plus side the Panasonic has a N wireless adapter versus the G wireless adapter in the PS3. Also if needed the included N adapter can be uses with the included USB cable so it can be moved around for better reception.

Both units deliver outstanding Blu-ray and DVD performance and the Panasonic offers 7 channels analog output as well as HDMI and optical.

The Panasonic also comes with a 3D Blu-ray demo disc that gives you some outstanding 3D demos. This disc is playable on other Blu-ray players.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:33 PM   #5

Dec 2007
Princeton West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to lghaze42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGo View Post
"DLNA feature [BDT350]

A comment on this feature compared to the PS3.
The PS3 appears to do a much better job of upscaling content from the PC. I have tried it with AVI files and jpeg photos. In all instances the PS3 produces a much more enjoyable viewing experience.

Also, the PS3 handles more file formats than the Panasonic.

On the plus side the Panasonic has a N wireless adapter versus the G wireless adapter in the PS3. Also if needed the included N adapter can be uses with the included USB cable so it can be moved around for better reception.

Both units deliver outstanding Blu-ray and DVD performance and the Panasonic offers 7 channels analog output as well as HDMI and optical.

The Panasonic also comes with a 3D Blu-ray demo disc that gives you some outstanding 3D demos. This disc is playable on other Blu-ray players.
Don't forget the Panasonic has dual HDMI outputs.I don't think Sony can do a firmware update to fix this..lol
Old 07-22-2010, 12:20 AM   #6
Special Member

Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD

That was mentioned in the specs, but on the main HDMI connection will only work with a 1.3a cable (or higher). When I got my first Panasonic I tried the main HDMI output with a HDMI cable labeled 1.3 and it would not give me any picture on my Samsung DLP (it would work on the secondary HDMI output). I then tried a different cable labeled 1.3a and it worked fine on the main output. What a difference an "a" makes!
Old 11-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #7

Nov 2010
Default Limitations

I talked today with a person from the Israeli importers of Panasonic and she told me that the 300 cannot be used unless a 3D TV is attached. Sounds like BS to me (they are selling the DVD player only as a package with their 3D TV) but I want to make sure.

Thanks

Danny
Old 11-28-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
Special Member

Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by eladanny View Post
I talked today with a person from the Israeli importers of Panasonic and she told me that the 300 cannot be used unless a 3D TV is attached. Sounds like BS to me (they are selling the DVD player only as a package with their 3D TV) but I want to make sure.

Thanks

Danny
Absolute BS - I have three 300's and one 350. Two are hooked up to regular (non 3D) HD TVs. The only mode you cannot select on this player is the tru HD 3D mode if the set is not 1.4 HDMI 3D capable. You can select the other 3D modes (including checkerboard) as long at the set is 1080p capable (such as a 3D DLP set).
Old 11-29-2010, 04:16 PM   #9

Nov 2010

I just received the 100 series 3D Blue Ray Player as part of the 3D starter kit when I purchased my VT25 TV.

Is there any major differences between the 300 series and the 100 series besdies the 300 series having built in wireless?

Would I see a difference in picture quality?

I am considering selling the 100 series and buying the 300 series, I just want to know if it will be worth it.

I also currently do not have a receiver so for now I will have to plug the HDMI into the tv.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Welcome to the Forum, italnstallion99.

Did you review the thread before posing your questions? If not, pretty please do so pretty please. The answers to your questions have been covered.

Succinctly, especially if you don't have a receiver, I question why you'd want to sell a 1xx player to replace it with a dual HDMI, multichannel analog out 3xx player when you'd be paying more for connectivity that you won't use.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:19 AM   #11

Aug 2011

If you put a SD card in it then will resume play from the last time you watched a movie or start again. It worked on mine with The A-Team and thats a few weeks unplugged.

Last edited by mixsetup; 08-11-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsetup View Post
If you put a SD card in it then will resume play from the last time you watched a movie or start again. It worked on mine with The A-Team and thats a few weeks unplugged.
Did you post to the thread you intended to?

Coincidentally/FWIW, I recently encountered another disc (CBS Films' / Sony Pictures' Beastly; Alex Pettyfer) that wouldn't even access the BD-Live portal without an SD card in place, even with a 4GB USB drive in either the front or back port. I would've preferred a more, um, "intelligent design" for the player that can use either media. It's a trait that dates the player IMO as I don't think most players are designed this way now (?).

Last edited by Paul.R.S; 08-11-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #13

Jan 2013
Default BD350 firmware issue - V1.85

Hi. I recently downloaded and installed this level and my player now only plays DVD's and only about 1/3 of BD disks. I called their call centre - I'll just say "NOT a satisfactory response!!!". I'm waiting for a service call now. Luckily I have a BD80 as well and can see the BD disks the 3D player no longer plays.

If you haven't downloaded this level I suggest you don't - stay at v1.81 as it worked well and I had no problems. IF a manufacturer reads this - PLEASE have a way to back out versions that don't work instead of making us go through the mess I am experiencing...
Old 01-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrgg View Post
Hi. I recently downloaded and installed this level and my player now only plays DVD's and only about 1/3 of BD disks. I called their call centre - I'll just say "NOT a satisfactory response!!!". I'm waiting for a service call now. Luckily I have a BD80 as well and can see the BD disks the 3D player no longer plays.

If you haven't downloaded this level I suggest you don't - stay at v1.81 as it worked well and I had no problems. IF a manufacturer reads this - PLEASE have a way to back out versions that don't work instead of making us go through the mess I am experiencing...
Welcome to the site . . . young padawan. Were you having a particular problem with the player that firmware release notes said the upgrade would remedy? If not, it's yet another example of an IMO good working premise: Do not automatically upgrade your firmware. Unless you're experiencing a problem, wait at least a few months and watch this and other discussion fora for any issues.

Unfortunately, if indeed the problem that has now arisen can be compellingly proven to be both broader (i.e., other guys experience the same thing) and reproducible, you/we will have to wait for a fix. If it can not, then you may be looking at having to send the player to Panasonic for them to revert the firmware.

If you can name six to ten BDs that were playing for you before but which aren't now that might be helpful. The more titles you can name that now don't play which did before, the more likelihood of finding some other similarly-situated owners.

P.S. - There is more traffic in the AVS Forum owners' thread for this player.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #15
Special Member

Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrgg View Post

I have both the BDT350 and BDT300 with the latest firmware. I have experienced no problems with the latest firmware. It doesn't happen often but sometimes a firmware update will mess up a device. Your best bet is to call Panasonic and find out if they can send you a firmware "fix" to correct the corrupted firmware. Of course their is always the possibility that the hardware in he device has a problem.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players