Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$131.79
2 hrs ago
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
 
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Downton Abbey (Blu-ray)
$22.96
2 hrs ago
Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
 
Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice (Blu-ray)
$18.39
19 hrs ago
Shrek: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Back to the Future: 30th Anniversary Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.99
 
One Missed Call Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.03
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 06:59 AM   #21
angelskyocean angelskyocean is offline
Junior Member
 
angelskyocean's Avatar
 
May 2014
22
133
Default

It's coming out in Australia on June 18th, 2014.

Here are the details: http://accentfilm.com/product.cfm?id...D&cat=Mw%3D%3D
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:01 AM   #22
DocNYz DocNYz is offline
Junior Member
 
Nov 2009
-
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelskyocean View Post
It's coming out in Australia on June 18th, 2014.



Here are the details: http://accentfilm.com/product.cfm?id...D&cat=Mw%3D%3D

Omg I hope that's true!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:09 AM   #23
angelskyocean angelskyocean is offline
Junior Member
 
angelskyocean's Avatar
 
May 2014
22
133
Default

Accent has a trailer out for the blu-ray too:


Last edited by angelskyocean; 05-21-2014 at 07:12 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:02 AM   #24
sandman slim sandman slim is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
sandman slim's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
TN
32
3052
3
8
Default Irreversible

Anyone get this yet? Wondering about region code and features.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:36 PM   #25
Futurhythm Futurhythm is online now
Expert Member
 
Futurhythm's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
In Technicolor
83
2315
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman slim View Post
Anyone get this yet? Wondering about region code and features.
I bought it yesterday and gave it a quick spin. It says Region B on the back, not sure if it's locked though. Subs are yellow and appear beneath the picture in the black border. There are a bunch of special features:
  • SFX featurette
  • Deleted scene
  • Original French theatrical trailer
  • Teasers
  • Stress
  • Outrage

PQ is pretty awful though. It's a murky looking film, so I'm not sure if it's a a poor transfer, the source material or both. I also have Pusher on Blu-ray released by the same company and it wasn't too swanky picture-wise either so I didn't have my hopes up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:41 AM   #26
scollaco scollaco is offline
Member
 
Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurhythm View Post
I bought it yesterday and gave it a quick spin. It says Region B on the back, not sure if it's locked though. Subs are yellow and appear beneath the picture in the black border. There are a bunch of special features:
  • SFX featurette
  • Deleted scene
  • Original French theatrical trailer
  • Teasers
  • Stress
  • Outrage

PQ is pretty awful though. It's a murky looking film, so I'm not sure if it's a a poor transfer, the source material or both. I also have Pusher on Blu-ray released by the same company and it wasn't too swanky picture-wise either so I didn't have my hopes up.
If you have some time, would you be so kind to post some screen caps? Thanks!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #27
2351tv 2351tv is offline
Member
 
Nov 2009
Default



Purchased today. Sad news to report... It's 1080i (note speed up duration length in photo).

&

French Dolby Digital 5.1 @640 Kbps.



It looks like an old DVD upscale/TV master. Quite often bad interlacing lines (note close up - all shots takes with iphone)...



- check out ear in shot. Yes photos taken with iPhone but as close to representation for now.

I remember the production was shot on 16 & some 35 & transferred to HD for colouring then back to film for release. Whether that has anything to do with look? Depending how transferred back I guess. The flow in movement is quite odd also (could be bad PAL issue also or continued idea from before or both) but movement has a slight delayed trail to it. Not stop start just not sharp/defined. I have vague recollection of film screening having an odd kine video look. But that was over 10 years ago, & long time between drinks. Having said that, I do remember going by myself. There were 3 other attendees - one ran out, one was gagging before emptying stomach contents into bag while hurriedly walking out, then there was me middle of cinema slightly concerned that the guy in the front row was doing things to himself that's left unsaid.

Honestly - love the film, but HD? No.

Do you have the DVD? You know what I'd say next.

Disappointed.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
poolie (08-09-2014)
Old 07-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #28
DocNYz DocNYz is offline
Junior Member
 
Nov 2009
-
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2351tv View Post


Purchased today. Sad news to report... It's 1080i (note speed up duration length in photo).

&

French Dolby Digital 5.1 @640 Kbps.



It looks like an old DVD upscale/TV master. Quite often bad interlacing lines (note close up - all shots takes with iphone)...



- check out ear in shot. Yes photos taken with iPhone but as close to representation for now.

I remember the production was shot on 16 & some 35 & transferred to HD for colouring then back to film for release. Whether that has anything to do with look? Depending how transferred back I guess. The flow in movement is quite odd also (could be bad PAL issue also or continued idea from before or both) but movement has a slight delayed trail to it. Not stop start just not sharp/defined. I have vague recollection of film screening having an odd kine video look. But that was over 10 years ago, & long time between drinks. Having said that, I do remember going by myself. There were 3 other attendees - one ran out, one was gagging before emptying stomach contents into bag while hurriedly walking out, then there was me middle of cinema slightly concerned that the guy in the front row was doing things to himself that's left unsaid.

Honestly - love the film, but HD? No.

Do you have the DVD? You know what I'd say next.

Disappointed.
Thanks for the screenshots! Do you have any other better quality Blu-ray for comparison shots? Enter the Void for example or something like that which looks great on Blu-ray?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
poolie (08-09-2014)
Old 07-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #29
2351tv 2351tv is offline
Member
 
Nov 2009
Default

As I said these shots were taken with iphone camera so no great for compare. I attempt some direct shots from disc over next few days.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #30
scollaco scollaco is offline
Member
 
Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2351tv View Post
As I said these shots were taken with iphone camera so no great for compare. I attempt some direct shots from disc over next few days.
Thanks for taking the time. I'm looking forward to direct screen captures as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:27 AM   #31
Hayabusa85 Hayabusa85 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Hayabusa85's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁
806
16
5285
1796
Default

This arrived today so I took some screenshots. As 2351tv said it is pretty awful.













  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Movie Miscreant (08-20-2018), poolie (08-21-2014)
Old 08-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #32
scollaco scollaco is offline
Member
 
Oct 2010
Default

Thanks so much for sharing Hayabusa85! Wish this had a better transfer. I might still get it anyways just to have Irreversible on "Blu"
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:55 PM   #33
ThatDeviantGuy ThatDeviantGuy is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2016
Chicago, IL
15
1447
155
5
Default

Surprised no one mentioned it, in this thread anyways, but it appears at least to me that the Japanese and Italian blu rays are a step up in quality compared to the abysmal Australian one. I don't think that they're the best that it could look but it's the best it has looked on home video.

https://caps-a-holic.com/c_list.php?c=3541
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 04:44 AM   #34
Seasick Pirate Seasick Pirate is offline
Active Member
 
Seasick Pirate's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Orlando, FL
Default

Start the “sicko” name calling now...
I just upgraded to an 75” 4K from a 55” 1080... and one of my first thoughts was to look for 4K transfers of ANY Gaspar Noé film. Shocked to find this didn’t get a proper blu-ray release, and I never noticed.

It’s a shame (and I’m also surprised) that Criterion hasn’t put out a box set for him yet. I know I would buy it in a one-shot of me walking to my car, driving to Barnes & Noble, finding out they no longer have a “media section,” getting into an argument with an associate, buying a cup of coffee anyway, aggressively driving back home then spilling the coffee on myself as a jogger bumps into me– it’s only 10am, can this day any worse? -plopping down on the couch in my home while lighting a cigarette (forgetting I don’t even smoke), flipping open my laptop, “checking my sites” for 20 minutes as the cigarette ashes fall on my chest, walking to the bathroom to clean up and gazing into the mirror (possibly talking to myself), going back to my laptop and finding the blu-ray set on Amazon.com for $90 and instantly buying it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 03:44 PM   #35
darkblueme darkblueme is offline
Expert Member
 
darkblueme's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Salt Lake City, Utah
72
Default

You and me both, brother! Thank you for the laugh today, and at the same time, the single tear sliding down my cheek... #TheFeels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick Pirate View Post
Start the “sicko” name calling now...
I just upgraded to an 75” 4K from a 55” 1080... and one of my first thoughts was to look for 4K transfers of ANY Gaspar Noé film. Shocked to find this didn’t get a proper blu-ray release, and I never noticed.

It’s a shame (and I’m also surprised) that Criterion hasn’t put out a box set for him yet. I know I would buy it in a one-shot of me walking to my car, driving to Barnes & Noble, finding out they no longer have a “media section,” getting into an argument with an associate, buying a cup of coffee anyway, aggressively driving back home then spilling the coffee on myself as a jogger bumps into me– it’s only 10am, can this day any worse? -plopping down on the couch in my home while lighting a cigarette (forgetting I don’t even smoke), flipping open my laptop, “checking my sites” for 20 minutes as the cigarette ashes fall on my chest, walking to the bathroom to clean up and gazing into the mirror (possibly talking to myself), going back to my laptop and finding the blu-ray set on Amazon.com for $90 and instantly buying it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:46 PM   #36
Eschenpod Eschenpod is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Eschenpod's Avatar
 
Mar 2019
South Florida
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2351tv View Post


Purchased today. Sad news to report... It's 1080i (note speed up duration length in photo).

&

French Dolby Digital 5.1 @640 Kbps.



It looks like an old DVD upscale/TV master. Quite often bad interlacing lines (note close up - all shots takes with iphone)...



- check out ear in shot. Yes photos taken with iPhone but as close to representation for now.

I remember the production was shot on 16 & some 35 & transferred to HD for colouring then back to film for release. Whether that has anything to do with look? Depending how transferred back I guess. The flow in movement is quite odd also (could be bad PAL issue also or continued idea from before or both) but movement has a slight delayed trail to it. Not stop start just not sharp/defined. I have vague recollection of film screening having an odd kine video look. But that was over 10 years ago, & long time between drinks. Having said that, I do remember going by myself. There were 3 other attendees - one ran out, one was gagging before emptying stomach contents into bag while hurriedly walking out, then there was me middle of cinema slightly concerned that the guy in the front row was doing things to himself that's left unsaid.

Honestly - love the film, but HD? No.

Do you have the DVD? You know what I'd say next.

Disappointed.
Never seen this film, only read about it. Which was more disturbing to watch, the anal rape scene or the fire extinguisher head bashing?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:55 PM   #37
kuzronk kuzronk is online now
Expert Member
 
kuzronk's Avatar
 
Oct 2016
Australia
90
706
137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschenpod View Post
Never seen this film, only read about it. Which was more disturbing to watch, the anal rape scene or the fire extinguisher head bashing?
The Australian Blu-ray /s

The whole tone/sound design of the film I would say.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:48 PM   #38
sandman slim sandman slim is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
sandman slim's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
TN
32
3052
3
8
Default

Got this in today:



Box art & booklet are nicely done, text is all Korean. Can't check the PQ today, need to be in a bit of a mood for this movie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:33 PM   #39
Manfonse Manfonse is offline
Senior Member
 
Manfonse's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Northern Ireland
195
3
Default

This is getting a new release with a new edit of the movie included. Its been re edited so you can watch the film in reverse, so reversible has been reversed, its due early next year. its called the straight cut.

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:26 PM   #40
nekromantik nekromantik is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
nekromantik's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Bristol, UK
4
4
549
Default

yeah BloodyDisgusting posted Lionsgate 2020 lineup and it said straight cut
i do hope they have both versions! but does not sound like we getting both
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Best Blu-ray Release To Date Blu-ray Movies - North America Romanista 37 04-23-2009 10:42 PM
Godzilla Release Date changed and blu-ray.com doesnt reflect new date Feedback Forum tickfordxr6 3 03-22-2009 01:10 PM
Heat Blu ray release date? Wish Lists H0opman31 4 11-23-2008 07:33 AM
Blu-ray release date in EU. Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology peter99 1 09-30-2007 08:08 PM
Best Blu-ray release to date? Blu-ray Movies - North America ReduxInflux 40 08-10-2007 10:05 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:06 AM.