Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$131.79
2 hrs ago
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Downton Abbey (Blu-ray)
$22.96
2 hrs ago
Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice (Blu-ray)
$18.39
19 hrs ago
Shrek: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Back to the Future: 30th Anniversary Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.99

One Missed Call Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.03

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 05-21-2014, 06:59 AM   #21

May 2014

It's coming out in Australia on June 18th, 2014.

Here are the details: http://accentfilm.com/product.cfm?id...D&cat=Mw%3D%3D
Old 05-21-2014, 07:01 AM   #22

Nov 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelskyocean View Post
It's coming out in Australia on June 18th, 2014.

Here are the details: http://accentfilm.com/product.cfm?id...D&cat=Mw%3D%3D

Omg I hope that's true!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:09 AM   #23

May 2014

Accent has a trailer out for the blu-ray too:

Last edited by angelskyocean; 05-21-2014 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:02 AM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2013
TN
Default Irreversible

Anyone get this yet? Wondering about region code and features.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:36 PM   #25
Expert Member

Feb 2011
In Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman slim View Post
Anyone get this yet? Wondering about region code and features.
I bought it yesterday and gave it a quick spin. It says Region B on the back, not sure if it's locked though. Subs are yellow and appear beneath the picture in the black border. There are a bunch of special features:
  • SFX featurette
  • Deleted scene
  • Original French theatrical trailer
  • Teasers
  • Stress
  • Outrage

PQ is pretty awful though. It's a murky looking film, so I'm not sure if it's a a poor transfer, the source material or both. I also have Pusher on Blu-ray released by the same company and it wasn't too swanky picture-wise either so I didn't have my hopes up.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:41 AM   #26

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurhythm View Post
I bought it yesterday and gave it a quick spin. It says Region B on the back, not sure if it's locked though. Subs are yellow and appear beneath the picture in the black border. There are a bunch of special features:
  • SFX featurette
  • Deleted scene
  • Original French theatrical trailer
  • Teasers
  • Stress
  • Outrage

PQ is pretty awful though. It's a murky looking film, so I'm not sure if it's a a poor transfer, the source material or both. I also have Pusher on Blu-ray released by the same company and it wasn't too swanky picture-wise either so I didn't have my hopes up.
If you have some time, would you be so kind to post some screen caps? Thanks!!
Old 07-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #27

Nov 2009

Purchased today. Sad news to report... It's 1080i (note speed up duration length in photo).

&

French Dolby Digital 5.1 @640 Kbps.

It looks like an old DVD upscale/TV master. Quite often bad interlacing lines (note close up - all shots takes with iphone)...

- check out ear in shot. Yes photos taken with iPhone but as close to representation for now.

I remember the production was shot on 16 & some 35 & transferred to HD for colouring then back to film for release. Whether that has anything to do with look? Depending how transferred back I guess. The flow in movement is quite odd also (could be bad PAL issue also or continued idea from before or both) but movement has a slight delayed trail to it. Not stop start just not sharp/defined. I have vague recollection of film screening having an odd kine video look. But that was over 10 years ago, & long time between drinks. Having said that, I do remember going by myself. There were 3 other attendees - one ran out, one was gagging before emptying stomach contents into bag while hurriedly walking out, then there was me middle of cinema slightly concerned that the guy in the front row was doing things to himself that's left unsaid.

Honestly - love the film, but HD? No.

Do you have the DVD? You know what I'd say next.

Disappointed.
Thanks given by:
poolie (08-09-2014)
Old 07-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #28

Nov 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2351tv View Post

Purchased today. Sad news to report... It's 1080i (note speed up duration length in photo).

&

It looks like an old DVD upscale/TV master. Quite often bad interlacing lines (note close up - all shots takes with iphone)...

- check out ear in shot. Yes photos taken with iPhone but as close to representation for now.

I remember the production was shot on 16 & some 35 & transferred to HD for colouring then back to film for release. Whether that has anything to do with look? Depending how transferred back I guess. The flow in movement is quite odd also (could be bad PAL issue also or continued idea from before or both) but movement has a slight delayed trail to it. Not stop start just not sharp/defined. I have vague recollection of film screening having an odd kine video look. But that was over 10 years ago, & long time between drinks. Having said that, I do remember going by myself. There were 3 other attendees - one ran out, one was gagging before emptying stomach contents into bag while hurriedly walking out, then there was me middle of cinema slightly concerned that the guy in the front row was doing things to himself that's left unsaid.

Disappointed.
Thanks for the screenshots! Do you have any other better quality Blu-ray for comparison shots? Enter the Void for example or something like that which looks great on Blu-ray?
Thanks given by:
poolie (08-09-2014)
Old 07-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #29

Nov 2009

As I said these shots were taken with iphone camera so no great for compare. I attempt some direct shots from disc over next few days.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #30

Oct 2010

Quote:
As I said these shots were taken with iphone camera so no great for compare. I attempt some direct shots from disc over next few days.
Thanks for taking the time. I'm looking forward to direct screen captures as well.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:27 AM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

This arrived today so I took some screenshots. As 2351tv said it is pretty awful.

Thanks given by:
Movie Miscreant (08-20-2018), poolie (08-21-2014)
Old 08-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #32

Oct 2010

Thanks so much for sharing Hayabusa85! Wish this had a better transfer. I might still get it anyways just to have Irreversible on "Blu"
Old 10-12-2018, 09:55 PM   #33

Feb 2016
Chicago, IL

Surprised no one mentioned it, in this thread anyways, but it appears at least to me that the Japanese and Italian blu rays are a step up in quality compared to the abysmal Australian one. I don't think that they're the best that it could look but it's the best it has looked on home video.

https://caps-a-holic.com/c_list.php?c=3541
Old 11-28-2018, 04:44 AM   #34

Oct 2009
Orlando, FL

Start the “sicko” name calling now...
I just upgraded to an 75” 4K from a 55” 1080... and one of my first thoughts was to look for 4K transfers of ANY Gaspar Noé film. Shocked to find this didn’t get a proper blu-ray release, and I never noticed.

It’s a shame (and I’m also surprised) that Criterion hasn’t put out a box set for him yet. I know I would buy it in a one-shot of me walking to my car, driving to Barnes & Noble, finding out they no longer have a “media section,” getting into an argument with an associate, buying a cup of coffee anyway, aggressively driving back home then spilling the coffee on myself as a jogger bumps into me– it’s only 10am, can this day any worse? -plopping down on the couch in my home while lighting a cigarette (forgetting I don’t even smoke), flipping open my laptop, “checking my sites” for 20 minutes as the cigarette ashes fall on my chest, walking to the bathroom to clean up and gazing into the mirror (possibly talking to myself), going back to my laptop and finding the blu-ray set on Amazon.com for $90 and instantly buying it.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:44 PM   #35
Expert Member

Jul 2007
Salt Lake City, Utah

You and me both, brother! Thank you for the laugh today, and at the same time, the single tear sliding down my cheek... #TheFeels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick Pirate View Post
Start the “sicko” name calling now...
I just upgraded to an 75” 4K from a 55” 1080... and one of my first thoughts was to look for 4K transfers of ANY Gaspar Noé film. Shocked to find this didn’t get a proper blu-ray release, and I never noticed.

It’s a shame (and I’m also surprised) that Criterion hasn’t put out a box set for him yet. I know I would buy it in a one-shot of me walking to my car, driving to Barnes & Noble, finding out they no longer have a “media section,” getting into an argument with an associate, buying a cup of coffee anyway, aggressively driving back home then spilling the coffee on myself as a jogger bumps into me– it’s only 10am, can this day any worse? -plopping down on the couch in my home while lighting a cigarette (forgetting I don’t even smoke), flipping open my laptop, “checking my sites” for 20 minutes as the cigarette ashes fall on my chest, walking to the bathroom to clean up and gazing into the mirror (possibly talking to myself), going back to my laptop and finding the blu-ray set on Amazon.com for $90 and instantly buying it.
Old 06-04-2019, 04:46 PM   #36
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2019
South Florida

Quote:

&

Disappointed.
Never seen this film, only read about it. Which was more disturbing to watch, the anal rape scene or the fire extinguisher head bashing?
Old 06-04-2019, 04:55 PM   #37
Expert Member

Oct 2016
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschenpod View Post
Never seen this film, only read about it. Which was more disturbing to watch, the anal rape scene or the fire extinguisher head bashing?
The Australian Blu-ray /s

The whole tone/sound design of the film I would say.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:48 PM   #38
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2013
TN

Got this in today:

Box art & booklet are nicely done, text is all Korean. Can't check the PQ today, need to be in a bit of a mood for this movie.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:33 PM   #39

Nov 2008
Northern Ireland

This is getting a new release with a new edit of the movie included. Its been re edited so you can watch the film in reverse, so reversible has been reversed, its due early next year. its called the straight cut.

Old 11-20-2019, 05:26 PM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008
Bristol, UK

yeah BloodyDisgusting posted Lionsgate 2020 lineup and it said straight cut
i do hope they have both versions! but does not sound like we getting both
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists