Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection (iTunes)
$49.99

Solo: A Star Wars Story (iTunes)
$9.99

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (iTunes)
$9.99

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (iTunes)
$9.99

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (iTunes)
$9.99

King Kong (iTunes)
$4.99

Atomic Blonde (iTunes)
$4.99

The Big Bang Theory, Seasons 1-12 (iTunes)
$99.99

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (iTunes)
$9.99

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (iTunes)
$9.99

Eyes Wide Shut (iTunes)
$4.99

Toy Story 4 (iTunes)
$12.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 11-22-2019, 11:04 PM   #1
Power Member

Apr 2016
Default Vudu To Go/In-Home Disc To Digital to end December 31, 2019

Sad day. RIP.

From an email just sent out:

End of Support for Vudu To Go/In-Home Disc to Digital

Vudu To Go, the in-home service of Disc to Digital will no longer be supported after December 31, 2019.

You can continue to convert your Blu-ray and DVDs by using Disc to Digital on your mobile device. Simply scan the UPC barcode of eligible movies using Disc to Digital through the Vudu app on your Android device, or through your iPhone browser at vudu.com/disc.

We look forward to continuing to refine and improve the Disc to Digital experience for our users. Learn more about using Disc to Digital on your mobile device here.

Sincerely,

Vudu
Old 11-22-2019, 11:06 PM   #2

Mar 2012

least mobile is still going, so there's that.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:06 PM   #3

May 2011

Yeah, pretty sad considering it's a far more difficult method to spoof and requires one actually have unsealed the packaging somewhere they have a PC with a Blu-ray drive. But not unsurprising at all considering how long it's been since they added non-MD2D titles. Vudu To Go is also like... a trashy Adobe AIR app or something that I imagine they don't want to support anymore.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:09 PM   #4
Power Member

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdtrekkie View Post
Yeah, pretty sad considering it's a far more difficult method to spoof and requires one actually have unsealed the packaging somewhere they have a PC with a Blu-ray drive. But not unsurprising at all considering how long it's been since they added non-MD2D titles. Vudu To Go is also like... a trashy Adobe AIR app or something that I imagine they don't want to support anymore.
I hate Adobe AIR too, but there were certain cases where it came in handy.

Last edited by ctujackbauer; 11-22-2019 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:20 PM   #5

Mar 2009

Anyone know if they will lift the 100 disc cap on mobile to digital?
Old 11-23-2019, 12:18 AM   #6
Expert Member

Sep 2012

In a way it's sad but my cart has been messed up for almost a year and I haven't been able to use it so I'm already used to being without it.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:06 AM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by trespoochies View Post
Anyone know if they will lift the 100 disc cap on mobile to digital?
Considering Fox titles were removed, there shouldn't be much left to convert anyway lol
Thanks given by:
Me-Hostage (11-23-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 03:17 AM   #8

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
Considering Fox titles were removed, there shouldn't be much left to convert anyway lol
yeah.... even with fox removed there's still around 10,000 titles that you can convert
Thanks given by:
IndyMLVC (11-23-2019), Undeadcow (11-23-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 04:30 AM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2017
Cow Country

I found it useful though, seeing as how I always managed to have the version of the disc they magically don't have or recognize the UPC for.
Thanks given by:
JMDiaz718 (11-23-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 05:42 AM   #10
Power Member

Apr 2016

Has anyone ever bought discs that were former rentals, and then weren't able to in-home D2D? (along with the usual rental case with weird barcodes which exclude mobile D2D)

I bought Prisoners and Mad Max: Fury Road from Family Video and couldn't convert (I'd try every couple years just to see).

That really grinds my gears.

Also, steelbook blu-rays from Big Lots often don't have barcodes because its just the steelbook in cellophane. Oh, and steelbooks where I stupidly discarded the outside packaging because I didn't know about Vudu in-home D2D too.

And those blu-ray collections (Matrix, Alien, other ones where you get a retail copy).
Old 11-23-2019, 05:49 AM   #11
Power Member

Apr 2016

Also, I highly suggest uninstalling (or at least uninstalling what you can) Adobe Air after Vudu To Go/In-Home gets cancelled. You might run into problems installing any program that requires Adobe Air after uninstalling though.

You can see how often Adobe needs to patch this thing, krebsonsecurity usually says patch it or pitch it with this one (much like Adobe Flash, which is definitely patch it or pitch it):

https://krebsonsecurity.com/?s=adobe+air&x=0&y=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedwiggen View Post
In a way it's sad but my cart has been messed up for almost a year and I haven't been able to use it so I'm already used to being without it.
Chedwiggen, have you considered reinstalling/refreshing your operating system? It's a drastic measure to get one program to run, but if you're not converting any Fox titles, might be worth giving it one last shot...

I had an issue after I turned on Microsoft Security's built-in ransomware protection, called Controlled Folder Access. I was able to convert problematic discs after allowing stuff I disallowed but forgot about. That might be worth looking into too, if your cart stopped working around a year ago.

Last edited by ctujackbauer; 11-23-2019 at 05:55 AM.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:35 AM   #12

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctujackbauer View Post
Has anyone ever bought discs that were former rentals, and then weren't able to in-home D2D? (along with the usual rental case with weird barcodes which exclude mobile D2D)

I bought Prisoners and Mad Max: Fury Road from Family Video and couldn't convert (I'd try every couple years just to see).

Also, steelbook blu-rays from Big Lots often don't have barcodes because its just the steelbook in cellophane. Oh, and steelbooks where I stupidly discarded the outside packaging because I didn't know about Vudu in-home D2D too.

And those blu-ray collections (Matrix, Alien, other ones where you get a retail copy).
barcodes are easily searchable for what you can convert online.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:25 PM   #13

Nov 2012
Reading, Pa.
-
-
-
-
-
USA

Quote:
Has anyone ever bought discs that were former rentals, and then weren't able to in-home D2D? (along with the usual rental case with weird barcodes which exclude mobile D2D)..........
Prolly frowned upon, but in cases like that, if I owned the disc, I'd just go to the BD-disc page, call up the image thumbnail and scan the code off the PC monitor. TBC I ONLY do this if a actually possess the disc, and reading off the PC gave me either a "cannot read" or read the BD as a "DVD" (this happens often?) error.

Actually scanned and converted all my "eligible" titles earlier in the year, so the remaining 400 or so discs I have are either "ineligible to be converted" or some have no existing "digital file" to even buy?

For example, well everyone in the USA should know the significance yesterday had, almost like a boomers 9/11. So of course I decided to watch "Parkland" and found NOBODY in the US has this film available via digital? Vudu DOES have a "movie page" on it but doesn't offer the film for purchase or rent digitally.
Old 11-23-2019, 03:51 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Were there any good movies that only worked with the in home service, and not the mobile service?
Old 11-23-2019, 05:05 PM   #15

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjritter79 View Post
For example, well everyone in the USA should know the significance yesterday had, almost like a boomers 9/11. So of course I decided to watch "Parkland" and found NOBODY in the US has this film available via digital? Vudu DOES have a "movie page" on it but doesn't offer the film for purchase or rent digitally.
Free on youtube

Available on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B00GGF2Q5K
Old 11-23-2019, 06:08 PM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

About a year ago the tab for in-home D2D literally disappeared from my V2G and I could not figure out how to restore it, no matter how thoroughly I clear the program from my computer. I submitted a ticket but they never responded to it. As long as mobile D2D continues on, it could be worse.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:51 PM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:

Prisoners never worked even though it was eligible and Fury Road may have been to new to work. They kept adding eligible movies but never actually added them to the database so they would work.
Thanks given by:
ctujackbauer (11-23-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 09:22 PM   #18

Feb 2015

is there a list of movies that are only convertable using in home d2d? may have to dig through my garage to make sure I don't own any old dvd/blu-ray that aren't converted yet
Old 11-23-2019, 11:30 PM   #19
Special Member

Jul 2012
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaet View Post
is there a list of movies that are only convertable using in home d2d? may have to dig through my garage to make sure I don't own any old dvd/blu-ray that aren't converted yet
Try this spreadsheet and choose the filter In-Home only. Only titles from 2012 or earlier have a chance of working. There are close to 340 of those.
Old 11-24-2019, 01:00 AM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
Bedford Falls

It used to be a total chore to lug the desktop pc out of the closet just to scan movies every now and then, but in retrospect it was worth the time to get the 50% bulk discount. They got rid of the promotion right around the time I was beginning to use it and once md2d rolled out it wasn't nearly as good of a deal to pay $5.50 per dvd scan.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies