Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$41.99
16 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$121.79
2 hrs ago
Batman: 80th Anniversary 18-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.96
15 hrs ago
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.99
16 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
16 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice (Blu-ray)
$18.39

South Park: Seasons 1-5 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
15 hrs ago
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 01-06-2017, 01:51 AM   #9541
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeApartYourHead View Post
How does that work? Do you have to enable ads? How much do you make from that? My old channel has 1M views but I don't have ads set up.
You don't make money of clicks anymore. You earn money off time watched. And yes, you have to have ads enabled.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:53 AM   #9542
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
You don't make money of clicks anymore. You earn money off time watched. And yes, you have to have ads enabled.
Oh, okay. So I guess only movie reviewers/product unboxing vids will make money then.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:38 AM   #9543
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeApartYourHead View Post
Oh, okay. So I guess only movie reviewers/product unboxing vids will make money then.
It depends on your contract too though. That's the way YouTube/google have switched to. If you make a partnership with another company, your payment contract can be wildly different. So if he has a partnership he could get paid off clicks as well. And partnerships can be easy to get.

Also, once you start getting promotional deals you get paid via clicks too. I didn't watch the videos so if there's any promotion in it, he gets paid for that as well.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:41 AM   #9544
Blu-ray Jedi

Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)

So folks are getting paid for next to thing.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:56 AM   #9545
Banned

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post
He's getting hits for his YouTube channel to make money.
I stopped watching as soon as I read this post.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:47 AM   #9546
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Lawrence Fan View Post
So folks are getting paid for next to thing.
Not really. Running a successful YouTube channel is hard work. It's a full time career. Some people have gotten lucky and managed to skate by off nothing, but the people that earn serious cash? They earn it because they put in the effort.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #9547
Banned

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
Not really. Running a successful YouTube channel is hard work. It's a full time career. Some people have gotten lucky and managed to skate by off nothing, but the people that earn serious cash? They earn it because they put in the effort.
I still do not consider it a real job. More of an easy way out for people that really do not want to fit into society and get a real job.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:58 PM   #9548
Banned

Aug 2015
Thanos Cock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett Rink View Post
I still do not consider it a real job. More of an easy way out for people that really do not want to fit into society and get a real job.
Do you feel that way about actors, comedians, educational video program hosts, etc? Just because they are on YouTube doesn't mean that they aren't talented and are working. They are simply using an available medium to make money off their talents. There are numerous channels that have high quality video and production value. Tons of YouTubers have informative and helpful videos too.

Is running a barcode over a scanner and putting the product in a bag and processing a credit card or giving change to someone any more of a "real job" vs someone doing the craft they are good at on a visual medium?
Old 01-06-2017, 03:01 PM   #9549
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010

Years ago, I never would have thought that people would get paid to "stage" a house for potential buyers.

The internet is a new medium why wouldn't it be a real job?
Old 01-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #9550
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Thinking about my little brother going back to California today.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:18 PM   #9551
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
Years ago, I never would have thought that people would get paid to "stage" a house for potential buyers.
i never would have thought someone would need to stage a house, period, to sell it.

do some people not have any sort of vision any more? i'd much rather see a house that's empty than one that's been staged; obviously that's my own personal opinion and taste. but i just don't understand those that won't even look at a house unless it's staged.

and then there are those that won't bid on a house if the rooms are painted a color they don't like. jeez! are you too lazy to paint? if the house is empty before you move in, then it's easy as hell to paint; there's nothing to move or cover, aside from the floors.

sorry for the rant; but that just made me remember seeing some stuff like that on diy. every time i see it, all i can think is, "how lazy are you that you can't be bothered to paint?" i get that people have busy lives, but you're obviously taking time out to go house hunting. can you not get more time to move, decorate, update, etc., as well?
Old 01-06-2017, 05:19 PM   #9552
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010
Moosic, PA

People can really be shady. At my work we've been down a supervisor for two months or so. It's just been the operations manager above me and the other three leads. Anyway apparently today the one lead was talking shit about me making me look worse so I don't get the supervisor position. Not sure if he realizes I don't even want it...I've mentioned I don't want it. The other leads don't want it either. He seems to be the only one that does. There is no need to throw people under the bus when they aren't even trying for the position.

From what I've heard salary supervisor starts at $40,000 a year....To hell with that. I make very close to that now and with enough it can make over that. Throw in the extra hours and the company phone and I'll pass on that. Being a lead is enough for me. Just crazy this guy wants to make me look worse for now reason.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #9553
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
sorry for the rant; but that just made me remember seeing some stuff like that on diy. every time i see it, all i can think is, "how lazy are you that you can't be bothered to paint?" i get that people have busy lives, but you're obviously taking time out to go house hunting. can you not get more time to move, decorate, update, etc., as well?
I know how to change oil but I paid the $20-$30 to have someone else do it. I can put my car up on those. Unscrew the plug, drain the oil, screw in the plug. Replace the filter and put in a 5-6 quarts depending on the cylinder.

In terms of paint. I painted all the bedrooms, bathrooms in my house. But I will have to pay to paint the living room because it goes into the area near the stair and I don't have nor do I feel comfortable scaling a 18 foot ladder.

Some things, I rather just leave for someone else.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:58 PM   #9554
Banned

Aug 2015
Thanos Cock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
i never would have thought someone would need to stage a house, period, to sell it.

do some people not have any sort of vision any more? i'd much rather see a house that's empty than one that's been staged; obviously that's my own personal opinion and taste. but i just don't understand those that won't even look at a house unless it's staged.

and then there are those that won't bid on a house if the rooms are painted a color they don't like. jeez! are you too lazy to paint? if the house is empty before you move in, then it's easy as hell to paint; there's nothing to move or cover, aside from the floors.

Paint can ruin a room. When I was looking to buy a home I went in one that was painted every color under the rainbow. It turned me off immediately. The rooms looked smaller than advertised, it just made the home look strange. Fast forward 2 months and I was still looking for a home (I needed a particular number of bedrooms/baths and at least one bedroom had to be on the main floor) and the house came up. I could have swore the home was one I had visited before, but the walls were painted white, new carpet and the entry way had a pattern design on it. Well...a new realtor got the rainbow house and made it look proper. I brought my parents to check the home out and owned it a month later. So while imagination can go far...sometimes first impressions can kill the desire to even try it.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (01-07-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 06:18 PM   #9555
Banned

Sep 2014
Vegas

30 Rock has a clip for every occasion...

Old 01-06-2017, 06:32 PM   #9556
Banned

Sep 2014
Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyOfDarknessAW View Post
[Show spoiler]People can really be shady. At my work we've been down a supervisor for two months or so. It's just been the operations manager above me and the other three leads. Anyway apparently today the one lead was talking shit about me making me look worse so I don't get the supervisor position. Not sure if he realizes I don't even want it...I've mentioned I don't want it. The other leads don't want it either. He seems to be the only one that does. There is no need to throw people under the bus when they aren't even trying for the position.

From what I've heard salary supervisor starts at $40,000 a year....To hell with that. I make very close to that now and with enough it can make over that. Throw in the extra hours and the company phone and I'll pass on that. Being a lead is enough for me. Just crazy this guy wants to make me look worse for now reason.
The other thing to consider is this: do you really want to be under a guy who would behave that way? He either doesn't like you or he sees you as a threat. Given that he had no problem taking steps to sabotage your advancement with the company, there's a very real danger of abuses of power directed your way, should he get promoted. Do you really want to just step aside and allow this guy to be in a position to boss you around?

And be very careful with multiple space heaters in your house. They can be super dangerous and account for thousands of fires every year. Make sure you keep a buffer zone around each one - "things being too close to the heater and igniting" is one of the major causes of space heater-related fires.

Last edited by WhySoBlu?; 01-06-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:23 PM   #9557
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2015
Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Lawrence Fan View Post
I guess I should make some kind of weird video. So it can be spread around and I can make money.

I think a marriage proposal video would work fine. Don't you think? Just silly enough for it to never happen. or is it?
All these people get famous from leaked sex videos...
I wonder if I can talk my ridiculously hot cousin to make one with me ... My luck, she'll be the one to get rich...
Old 01-06-2017, 07:25 PM   #9558
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Max View Post
I wonder if I can talk my ridiculously hot cousin to make one with me ... My luck, she'll be the one to get rich...
Dude, leave your hot cousin alone.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:26 PM   #9559
Banned

Aug 2015
Thanos Cock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Max View Post
Thanks given by:
Lt. Brannigan (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 07:28 PM   #9560
Banned

Jul 2012

Things just got creepy.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat