Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Crimson Peak (Blu-ray)
$36.68
15 hrs ago
This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$5.00
14 hrs ago
Bull Durham (Blu-ray)
$18.96

Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
$18.96

Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Lost Missions (Blu-ray)
$12.74

The Spy Who Dumped Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Outer Limits: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$46.25

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Retro Gaming

Old 06-23-2015, 05:34 AM   #1
Contributor

Jun 2007
California
Default Gamestop Now Selling Rare Retro Games On Their Website

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/retro-classics

Quote:
GameStop opened its Retro Classics section today, listing games from vintage consoles like the NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PlayStation, and Sega Genesis. The site advertises “unforgettable RPG’s” like The Legend of Dragoon for PsOne*and Skies of Arcadia for Dreamcast.

GameStop also lists a number of hard-to find RPG’s, including Enix’s The Illusion of Gaia, Square’s Secret of Evermore (the only Square title designed by their North American team), and Atlus’ Persona: Revelations (re-localized and re-released on the PlayStation Portable as Shin Megami Tensei: Persona). Other rarities include Konami’s gory Castelvania: Bloodlines, Rare’s Battletoads + Double Dragon (which isn’t included in the upcoming Xbox One title The Rare Collection), and Contra Hard Corps for the Genesis.

Fans can get their hands on rarer titles like Mega Man Legends 2 for the hefty price of $69.99 without a PowerUp Rewards Pro membership. Other titles are priced similarly to what you might expect from eBay or Amazon – with titles like Bushido Blade 2 representing the low end of the spectrum at $12, while games like Chrono Trigger sit on the higher end of the spectrum at a staggering $89.99.

Those who aren’t enthusiastic collectors might turn to the digital marketplace, where the games are available as downloads for much lower prices than what they’re offered here. For example, The Legend of Dragon is available as a PlayStation Classic title on Sony’s PlayStation store for $5.99 and Chrono Trigger is still available on the Wii’s virtual console for just $8.00
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/22...usion-of-gaia/
Old 07-05-2015, 07:00 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

I saw that as well. I see some NES and Genesis games that I would like to order, but I'm not sure yet.
GameStop is offering free shipping on orders over $25 for a limited time.
None of my consoles are online, so I can't do downloads.
WARNING!

The performers in this video are 18-years of age or older.

Viewer discretion is advised.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:44 AM   #3

Dec 2011

Those prices though.. Ouch. I'd rather go garage sale shopping.
The NES controller for $9.99 isn't bad. Currently unavailable.
I wonder what trade in value is. I have half of the NES titles.

N64 titles aren't that bad.
Neither are the SNES titles.

Last edited by heymoe99; 07-06-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:08 PM   #4
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

lol the prices are nuts
Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:01 AM   #5
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Prices seem to be based on how rare the game is. Though at Gamestop I have at times seen a used copy of even just like a PS3 game being more expensive than a New copy because of how rare the game is or maybe like the New copy is on sale but the Used copy is not.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:56 AM   #6
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Doesn't look like GameStop north of the boarder is entertaining this idea of "Retro"

Could be wrong but I also think GameStop in the U.S. will not ship outside of U.S. either. bummer.
PSN = derb
Xbox Live = BackfromSanity

2017 Game of the Year - Assassins Creed: Origins

PS4 Pro 2TB SSD ~ Xbox One 4TB WD ~ Nintendo Wii U 2TB WD
Old 07-12-2015, 04:34 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
DFW TX

I think some of the GS prices are somewhat competitive with what I've seen on eBay from sellers who know what they have. The best place for me is Goodwill.

Last year I found Mega Man Legends 2 for $3 and at another I found a sealed Gex.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:35 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011

They currently have a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale on all Retro games. Plus, free shipping on orders $25 or more.
I ended up ordering:

- Batman NES
- Bionic Commando NES
- Double Dragon NES

My total was a little over $20 and it still qualified for free shipping.
My order shipped out on Friday.
WARNING!

Thanks given by:
KillaCam (12-06-2015)
Old 12-06-2015, 06:37 PM   #9
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
lol the prices are nuts
You know you want the Illusion of Gaia!
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:31 AM   #10
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Ehh, I'm really OCD about my game collection. I have to have the complete game with case and manual in high quality. I'm not going for games I have no idea what condition are in. Think if I want retro games I'll stick with my local retro game store. I don't trust buying from Gamestop face to face let alone with online used games.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:19 PM   #11
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Surprise surprise... Gamestop's shady business practices extend to their used retro game online shop. This is the main reason why I've never bought a used game online before. I just don't trust buying them from websites like Gamestop where you have no clue what condition the game condition will be in, or even if the game will be real.

http://kotaku.com/a-perfect-example-...-on-1749845857
Old 12-28-2015, 01:58 AM   #12
Expert Member

Jul 2010
Shangri-La
Talking

i've never bought games from them online either. but i was surprised seeing not at game stop cause i haven't been to one in ages an NES for i forget the sum for it i think it was like $50 or $60 bucks i forget the price and me being shocked when just 5 or 10 years ago you could buy one for like $10 bucks

cause nobody wanted them. some of the SNES games i saw in it's case they were selling for like $75 bucks! i could not believe it! it just felt weird that anyone would want an SNES game for that kind of money.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:05 AM   #13
Banned

Dec 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhoney66 View Post
i've never bought games from them online either. but i was surprised seeing not at game stop cause i haven't been to one in ages an NES for i forget the sum for it i think it was like $50 or $60 bucks i forget the price and me being shocked when just 5 or 10 years ago you could buy one for like $10 bucks

cause nobody wanted them. some of the SNES games i saw in it's case they were selling for like $75 bucks! i could not believe it! it just felt weird that anyone would want an SNES game for that kind of money.
What was the SNES game?
Old 12-28-2015, 04:06 AM   #14
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:

Hell, $75? Some SNES games are going for $100-200 with cartridge only. I saw a copy of Earthbound for the SNES at $200 at a local retro store recently and my jaw dropped.

I've noticed more recent Nintendo games (GameCube and later) are going for prices even higher than NES through N64 era games. Just take a look on Ebay or Amazon and you'll see what I mean. I have a lot of recent generation Nintendo console games that I bought at low prices which are now worth several times what I paid for them. Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii are good examples.. I think this is largely due to the limited print runs for most Nintendo games compared to Sony or Microsoft games.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:04 PM   #15
Banned

Dec 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
Hell, $75? Some SNES games are going for $100-200 with cartridge only. I saw a copy of Earthbound for the SNES at $200 at a local retro store recently and my jaw dropped.

I've noticed more recent Nintendo games (GameCube and later) are going for prices even higher than NES through N64 era games. Just take a look on Ebay or Amazon and you'll see what I mean. I have a lot of recent generation Nintendo console games that I bought at low prices which are now worth several times what I paid for them. Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii are good examples.. I think this is largely due to the limited print runs for most Nintendo games compared to Sony or Microsoft games.
Those games were reprinted by Gamestop, how you can tell is what the release date is on the back. If it says 2011 or 2012 its a reprint.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:30 PM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011

rsz_dscn4108.jpg
I finally received my order and it was 2 weeks later than I expected.
All games work perfectly and were in excellent condition.
I was playing a lot of Double Dragon yesterday.
WARNING!

Old 03-11-2016, 03:32 AM   #17
Expert Member

Jul 2010
Shangri-La

oh it was Link to the Past a really brilliant game.
Thanks given by:
LinkMaster64 (03-11-2016)
Old 03-11-2016, 08:54 AM   #18
Banned

Dec 2015

Quote:
oh it was Link to the Past a really brilliant game.
Good man, you've earned yourself 10pts for the day.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:00 PM   #19

Sep 2015
Glenview IL, Chicago Suburb

So what are you guys playing? The original NES? I got the Retro Duo that plays both NES and SNES games. The games play damn near perfectly, but the audio sounds like a cat barfing into a megaphone. Really ruins the experience.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #20
Banned

Dec 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy4547 View Post
So what are you guys playing? The original NES? I got the Retro Duo that plays both NES and SNES games. The games play damn near perfectly, but the audio sounds like a cat barfing into a megaphone. Really ruins the experience.
Catching up on Chrono Trigger and then I'm going to tackle Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Evermore and Terranigma in that order.

Then sometime this summer I'm going to do a complete playthrough of all the Zelda's from the original to the newly discovered BS Zelda and I must say, The Legend of Zelda: The Third Quest is a sight to be seen.

I do all my retro gaming on the original consoles but I need to get a new SNES though, that poor thing has seen better days.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Retro Gaming

Tags
gamestop retro shop, nintendo 64, playstation, sega dreamcast, sega genesis