Best PS5 Games Deals

Best PS5 Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Callisto Protocol (PS5)
$49.99

Marvel's Midnight Suns (PS5)
$49.99

Forspoken (PS5)
$69.88

Fallen Legion (PS5)
$39.99

Syberia: The World Before (PS5)
$29.99

Tactics Ogre: Reborn (PS5)
$34.99

New Tales from the Borderlands Deluxe Edition (PS5)
$19.99

JoJoís Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R (PS5)
$29.99

Arcadegeddon (PS5)
$19.99

Greedfall (PS5)
$14.38

Need for Speed Unbound (PS5)
$39.99

Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (PS5)
$29.92

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 12-09-2022, 11:35 PM   #861

Jul 2022

Sony fanboys might be shook a bit over this, but real gamers know Elden Ring was the game of the year.
Old 12-10-2022, 01:16 AM   #862
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2018
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivorman View Post
Sony fanboys might be shook a bit over this, but real gamers know Elden Ring was the game of the year.
It's really not even debatable. Any non-fanboy knew Elden Ring was going to win goty.
Old 12-10-2022, 03:25 AM   #863
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Idk that its even a Sony thing I haven't played the new god of war but if its anything like 4 or even a bit better, which was fine nothing ground breaking or amazing... That certainly isn't good enough that would prompt masses to go out and buy a PS5 over Xbox etc. and vault it to what Elden accomplished
Old 12-10-2022, 03:46 AM   #864
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2016

Now that it is all said and done my three favorites of the year were Elden Ring, Pentiment, and Vampire Survivors. I don't think any game other than Elden Ring should really be winning any GotY awards from the mainstream channels but Ragnarok is the one game I could see pulling a few from some of the bigger sites. And I think there were some good indie and leftfield games that could win from publications that actually cover a wide variety of games. But overall there's really no doubt that this is the year of Elden Ring.
Old 12-10-2022, 10:41 AM   #865

Jul 2008

Quote:
Agreed... I just beat GoW:R, I thought the game is super boring... Too much preaching. It's a snore fest. Very disappointed sequel.
Old 12-10-2022, 11:58 AM   #866
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I would say from exclusives, God of War Ragnarok has the case for PlayStation side.
Personally that game keeps slipping down from ‘wait for a sale’ to ‘should I even bother’

I watched a section of the game and it was too tedious for my liking, I’m over this ‘genre’
Old 12-10-2022, 02:44 PM   #867
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kono View Post
Agreed... I just beat GoW:R, I thought the game is super boring... Too much preaching. It's a snore fest. Very disappointed sequel.
Why would you play a game ALL the way to completion that's a "snore fest"? That makes zero sense. I've felt that type of emotion with games in the past and......played something else. I definitely didn't sit there for ~30 hours or however long it took you to beat Ragnarok just being bored to death, lol. Ragnarok must not have been that bad or you wouldn't have played the whole damn thing.
Old 12-10-2022, 04:36 PM   #868
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

A game could technically release on December 31th, 2022, and be game of the year for 2022, which would be a 1 day experience for gamers to gauge the impact of. When it's that close to the new year, just put it into the new year as a contender for best game of the year IMO, to give gamers lots of time to experience it not possible in 1 day.

With Elden Ring, it already had a huge advantage with many gamers since it was released February 2022, allowing for tons of time to explore the game fully. With Ragnarok GOW, is 1 month or so enough time to let the game fully sink in as competition before the cut off of 2023?

I'm just waiting for Elden Ring to hit 19.99 and I'll jump in, still very busy with other games to complete in my gaming spare time. It looks great visually, though I'm not looking forward to fighting the bosses knowing the high difficulty level From Software is known for.
Thanks given by:
russweiss1 (12-10-2022)
Old 12-10-2022, 05:33 PM   #869
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Smith View Post
Why would you play a game ALL the way to completion that's a "snore fest"? That makes zero sense. I've felt that type of emotion with games in the past and......played something else. I definitely didn't sit there for ~30 hours or however long it took you to beat Ragnarok just being bored to death, lol. Ragnarok must not have been that bad or you wouldn't have played the whole damn thing.
Makes tons of sense 1. you paid for it 2. gaming is free time activity why not finish it?
Thanks given by:
ratandjmt (12-31-2022)
Old 12-11-2022, 05:10 PM   #870
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2011
Hunter's Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Not in my opinion. Though gotta please Souls fans. Game isn’t for the Casual.
Hmmmm……I have to disagree. I think ER is meant for casual gamers, too. The reasons being:

- ability to summon Mimics for majority of boss fights
- underground world, caves, catacombs are optional
- lots of bosses are optional

Summoning Mimics makes it really easy, imo.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:00 PM   #871
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Shithole USA

Does the PS4 version still get a free update?
Old 12-12-2022, 12:20 AM   #872
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
Makes tons of sense 1. you paid for it 2. gaming is free time activity why not finish it?
Makes no sense to me. Time is valuable and if a 30+ hour game is a "snore fest", I'm cutting my loses and moving on to something else. To each their own though.
Old 12-12-2022, 06:22 PM   #873
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2018
Seattle

Started a second playthrough after the game awards. Doing a 2-hand sword STR build this time around. About 6 hours in right now. Making my way towards Godrick as we speak.
Old 12-12-2022, 07:52 PM   #874
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Southern California

Quote:
Makes no sense to me. Time is valuable and if a 30+ hour game is a "snore fest", I'm cutting my loses and moving on to something else. To each their own though.
Time isn't that valuable or we wouldn't all be spending so much of it here.
Thanks given by:
Doomhunter (01-11-2023), emailking (12-16-2022), supersix4 (12-13-2022)
Old 12-28-2022, 09:21 PM   #875
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2018
Seattle

Still working through my second playthrough. Just beat Renella and am 20 hours in. I just adore this game. Ive already discovered areas and bosses i missed the first time around. Crazy how large this game actually is.
Old 12-28-2022, 10:15 PM   #876
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2008

Quote:
They enjoyed GOWR too. But some people canít admit liking 2 things at once. GOWR is amazing just like Elder Rings, which is why both are getting so many accolades.
Old 01-08-2023, 12:07 AM   #877
Blu-ray Duke

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

I'm a little late to the party with Elden Ring but my brother purchased it and after playing it, you are reminded how brutal these sorts of games can be to play. I am a stubborn git though. So after watching some videos, i've upgraded my flask to heal me more times and with more health after jumping around the map a bit to get all the stuff and ended up at the round table thing and jumped down into an area where that Mad Albrich or whatever it and got my butt handed to me, but i didn't want to lose my runes, so eventually looped around a bit to level my Uchigatana to +1, then a bit of guides later and perseverance, i finally kicked his ass.

I haven't even got to the first real boss in Stormveil yet but i have got to i think level 20 right now but i am definitely trying to find a way to glitch the game and get OP. I know people don't like playing that way but i prefer to smash through all bosses and enemies. There's no easy mode per se so i guess this is the way lol.
Old 01-08-2023, 12:29 AM   #878
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2016

Quote:
I'm a little late to the party with Elden Ring but my brother purchased it and after playing it, you are reminded how brutal these sorts of games can be to play. I am a stubborn git though. So after watching some videos, i've upgraded my flask to heal me more times and with more health after jumping around the map a bit to get all the stuff and ended up at the round table thing and jumped down into an area where that Mad Albrich or whatever it and got my butt handed to me, but i didn't want to lose my runes, so eventually looped around a bit to level my Uchigatana to +1, then a bit of guides later and perseverance, i finally kicked his ass.

I haven't even got to the first real boss in Stormveil yet but i have got to i think level 20 right now but i am definitely trying to find a way to glitch the game and get OP. I know people don't like playing that way but i prefer to smash through all bosses and enemies. There's no easy mode per se so i guess this is the way lol.
If you want to level up really fast find the giant helpless dragon in Caelid and kill it. You get a hell of a lot of runes for doing it. It can take a while if you're low level but it goes quicker if you have a weapon that applies bleed. Here's a video if you're not sure what I'm talking about:

Thanks given by:
NARMAK (01-08-2023), russweiss1 (01-08-2023), White Dang (01-09-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 01:03 AM   #879
Blu-ray Duke

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnoyes View Post
If you want to level up really fast find the giant helpless dragon in Caelid and kill it. You get a hell of a lot of runes for doing it. It can take a while if you're low level but it goes quicker if you have a weapon that applies bleed. Here's a video if you're not sure what I'm talking about:

Thanks for the guide. I'm definitely trying to find easy ways to level. It's not that i don't like to enjoy a game, but i prefer to enjoy the lore of the world and story, not grinding my ass off for hours and hours and not getting through the actual content. Some will disagree but my time is at a premium and i know some might think i'm justifying loot boxes etc. to skip content but as long as you're not penalised and specific mechanics aren't made to "Pay to Win" then i couldn't care less about the glitching etc. to get OP. Nioh is actually a good example of a game though where enemies scaled with you, so you couldn't do this as much but then the trade off usually was you could still get through the content. Elden Ring on the other hand scales different areas with different levels of power for enemies so its a bit more traditional.

So far, i have hopped around the lower area of the map and top to get the Sacred Tears and i've got a pretty powerful flask now, but i need runes to really get my health up and it is getting pricier. To me though, i wish the enemies did drop more runes as you level too and not the same 64ish per soldier in the ruins area. I have now got a focus on getting my summons lined up to help me too.

This games definitely an anomaly in the sense that it's done so amazingly well but it's so outside the mainstream norm of how story would unfold etc. Its definitely no Final Fantasy if you will. Perhaps that will be interesting to see FF16 stacks up with its more mature and European themed story.
Old 01-08-2023, 02:15 AM   #880
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Southern California

Quote:

I just recently bought this as well when Steam had it 30% off. I've got about 30 hours of game play in so far and feel like I've only explored a few areas. Admittedly I've watched some videos on Youtube to help me out. Great fun and looks like it could easily be hundreds of hours of gameplay.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5