Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
John Wick: Chapter 4 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.99
2 hrs ago
Black Hawk Down 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99
 
The Ultimate Aang & Korra Blu-ray Collection (Blu-ray)
$45.85
1 day ago
Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
2 Days in the Valley (Blu-ray)
$26.13
1 day ago
One Piece: Collection 33 (Blu-ray)
$35.94
10 hrs ago
Shawscope Volume Two (Blu-ray)
$89.45
 
Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Avatar: The Way of Water (Blu-ray)
$19.99
2 hrs ago
Blue Steel (Blu-ray)
$15.79
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2023, 01:08 PM   #41881
bhampton bhampton is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
bhampton's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
673
2209
49
5
18
Default

For the sake of everyone desperate for second rate discount entertainment, I wish streaming the best of luck.

Without streaming, people won't be wowed so much by my theater and it wouldn't be so magical so I hope it at least survives for the time being. I think it will always be "the future" with the flying cars and stuff.


Stream on, Stream until your Streams come true.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Ender14 (06-05-2023), Steedeel (06-05-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 01:11 PM   #41882
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russweiss1 View Post
While this is basically true, it should NOT be expected. Companies put profits over lives which is to everyone's detriment (except the company). If it weren't for rampant corruption there would be more regulations in place to prevent this.
Public corporations answer to stockholders. It's been that way ever since the first corporation went public and issued stock over 400 years ago.

The job of government is not to protect corporation's employees. That comes under the heading of Socialism. Here in the US we practice Capitalism. Don't like - you can always move to Canada.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 01:22 PM   #41883
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
We now have two SVODs showing a profit: Netflix and Max.

Watch how much licensing content out increases over the next 6 months. That will help to reduce churn.

And yes - removing unwatched content taken as Impairment Charges to reduce expenses. Consumers will adjust. They always do.
But that is not what was sold to us, was it? ‘Exclusives and ad free convenience’ they said. ‘Blockbuster for the digital age’ they said. What do we get? Turbo charged cable.

It’s like those burger ads that show show thick, juicy burgers with fresh looking, crisp salad. We end up with a flaccid, drab looking burger, with aged lettuce sticking out of both sides.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 01:23 PM   #41884
russweiss1 russweiss1 is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
russweiss1's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Southern California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
Public corporations answer to stockholders. It's been that way ever since the first corporation went public and issued stock over 400 years ago.

The job of government is not to protect corporation's employees. That comes under the heading of Socialism. Here in the US we practice Capitalism. Don't like - you can always move to Canada.
Capitalism is literally destroying the planet and it's ignorant views like yours that allow it to continue. Canada is still on the same planet so moving there isn't going to change things.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Boccaccio (06-05-2023), Ender14 (06-05-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 01:24 PM   #41885
bhampton bhampton is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
bhampton's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
673
2209
49
5
18
BJ's Wholesale Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
Public corporations answer to stockholders. It's been that way ever since the first corporation went public and issued stock over 400 years ago.

The job of government is not to protect corporation's employees. That comes under the heading of Socialism. Here in the US we practice Capitalism. Don't like - you can always move to Canada.
Political discourse forbidden and reported
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Lee A Stewart (06-05-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 01:28 PM   #41886
Ender14 Ender14 is offline
Special Member
 
Ender14's Avatar
 
Dec 2014
Georgia
397
1091
186
408
122
1
Default

I caught The Boogeyman and Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse this weekend. Boogeyman was a disappointment. Not bad per se but definitely not as good as the buzz would indicate. Not one I will add to my collection.

Spiderverse on the other hand far exceeded my expectations. I'm not the biggest animation fan but that movie was so expertly crafted it transcends it's format. Can't wait to see the UHD disc.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bhampton (06-05-2023), dublinbluray108 (06-09-2023), gotmule (06-05-2023), Steedeel (06-05-2023), unberechenbar (06-06-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 01:34 PM   #41887
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
But that is not what was sold to us, was it? ‘Exclusives and ad free convenience’ they said. ‘Blockbuster for the digital age’ they said. What do we get? Turbo charged cable.
No - you get ala carte cable. You only pay for what you want. Still convenient - that doesn't change. And there are still many exclusives on each SOVD.

Quote:
It’s like those burger ads that show show thick, juicy burgers with fresh looking, crisp salad. We end up with a flaccid, drab looking burger, with aged lettuce sticking out of both sides.
This is a WTF?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 01:36 PM   #41888
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
No - you get ala carte cable. You only pay for what you want. Still convenient - that doesn't change. And there are still many exclusives on each SOVD.



This is a WTF?
Itís a comparison with what was promised and what we are now getting.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 01:40 PM   #41889
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Itís a comparison with what was promised and what we are now getting.
LMFAO! They removed some obscure content and your panties are in a bunch because of it?

Please provide a link that explicitly states that they will never remove content once it's placed on their SVOD. I don't care which SVOD - just provide the link.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 01:50 PM   #41890
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
LMFAO! They removed some obscure content and your panties are in a bunch because of it?

Please provide a link that explicitly states that they will never remove content once it's placed on their SVOD. I don't care which SVOD - just provide the link.
Thatís like saying, provide a link that states we wonít have another pandemic in the next decade. We donít know how deep this crisis will run. In the U.K., even flagship reality tv shows are getting axed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 01:56 PM   #41891
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Thatís like saying, provide a link that states we wonít have another pandemic in the next decade. We donít know how deep this crisis will run. In the U.K., even flagship reality tv shows are getting axed.
But you said they promised. Where did they say they promised - that's the link you need to provide to back up your claim. No link - just more FUD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 02:11 PM   #41892
Wendell R. Breland Wendell R. Breland is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Wendell R. Breland's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
North Carolina
140
841
Default

Has anything really changed? In the beginning we had broadcast TV, then came cable, then satellite and now streaming. Its all peas of the same pod. IMHO, for the near term, the emphasis of streaming will shift from SVOD to AVOD and SMART. This is were the masses has been and will continue to stay.

The enthusiast has and most likely will continue to seek out the best that is available and for now that is Blu-ray, UHD Blu-ray and Kaleidescape. There is no need to try and explain this to a masses attitude type person. I know, I have tried for many, many years and never succeeded.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bhampton (06-05-2023), Boccaccio (06-05-2023), dublinbluray108 (06-09-2023), gotmule (06-05-2023), Lee A Stewart (06-05-2023), Steedeel (06-05-2023), Vilya (06-18-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 02:23 PM   #41893
Wendell R. Breland Wendell R. Breland is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Wendell R. Breland's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
North Carolina
140
841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
It's a nice theory. Unfortunately disc's downward trend is increasing. Used to be 18% a year. Now approaching over 25%. Did you notice that for the first time ever, the DEG included Disc sales and rentals into a single number for Q1 2023.
I did notice that you failed to mention that EST was down -12.31%.

And where is that list of disc titles that everyone should be buying in big numbers but aren't? Business 102 - For big sales you must have a lot of product folks want to buy.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bhampton (06-05-2023), Steedeel (06-05-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 02:34 PM   #41894
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
But you said they promised. Where did they say they promised - that's the link you need to provide to back up your claim. No link - just more FUD.
Like the FUD that 4K discs are only in 1 million or less households.

Utter nonsense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 02:49 PM   #41895
cheez avenger cheez avenger is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
cheez avenger's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
425
1102
9
Default

I owe a friend $100. He had recently canceled his Netflix account, but told me if I added him to my plan for $7.99 (for the year) as an add-on, he'd call it even. I said yes.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Ender14 (06-05-2023), Steedeel (06-05-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 03:06 PM   #41896
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Like the FUD that 4K discs are only in 1 million or less households.

Utter nonsense.
The numbers prove my statement. You see the Pie Charts every week.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 03:08 PM   #41897
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
I did notice that you failed to mention that EST was down -12.31%.


Quote:
And where is that list of disc titles that everyone should be buying in big numbers but aren't? Business 102 - For big sales you must have a lot of product folks want to buy.
Right - and they are missing aren't they?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 03:16 PM   #41898
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
The numbers prove my statement. You see the Pie Charts every week.
They prove no such thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 03:18 PM   #41899
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender14 View Post
I caught The Boogeyman and Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse this weekend. Boogeyman was a disappointment. Not bad per se but definitely not as good as the buzz would indicate. Not one I will add to my collection.

Spiderverse on the other hand far exceeded my expectations. I'm not the biggest animation fan but that movie was so expertly crafted it transcends it's format. Can't wait to see the UHD disc.
I wonder if it gets a 3D release as well.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Ender14 (06-05-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 03:28 PM   #41900
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
They prove no such thing.
You really believe that? They range from single digits to a max of around 15%. That's not total disc sales for the week - that's just the Top 50.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:44 PM.