Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Millennium Actress (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Star Blazers 2202: Space Battleship Yamato  Part Two (Blu-ray)
$45.69

Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission (Blu-ray)
$19.99
7 hrs ago
Goblin Slayer: Season One (Blu-ray)
$42.99

My Hero Academia: Season Three Part Two (Blu-ray)
$41.25

Goblin Slayer: Season One (Blu-ray)
$64.99

Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales (Blu-ray)
$28.49

Cyborg 009 - The Cyborg Soldier: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU: S1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Yu Yu Hakusho: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$32.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion

Old 07-20-2015, 06:52 AM   #21

Dec 2009

Cerevo Develops "PSYCHO-PASS" Smart Phone

Transformable "DOMINATOR MAXI" smart phone mimics futuristic firearm

Quote:
Cerevo is developing a smart phone based on the futuristic Dominator smart-weapons of the PSYCHO-PASS anime. The DOMINATOR MAXI will include LED lights, a camera built into the muzzle, 100 sound clips featuring Noriko Hidaka (the voice of the Dominator weapons system in the PSYCHO-PASS anime), Wifi access, and various other features.

Perhaps the coolest feature of the DOMINATOR MAXI is its ability to transform when the trigger is squeezed. Here's a short preview video highlighting the DOMINATOR MAXI's transformation abilities:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ss-smart-phone

And here's an extended video highlighting the DOMINATOR MAXI's numerous other features:

The DOMINATOR MAXI is scheduled to be released later in 2015. Although the final retail price has not yet been determined, Cerevo says it will not cost more than 100,000 yen ($806.06 US).
Old 07-20-2015, 07:32 AM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
Midwest, U.S.

Seems like an odd time to introduce that -- unless the franchise isn't done yet and we'll be getting a season 3.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:01 AM   #23

Dec 2009

I wouldn't buy it. I mean it is cool but I'm sure if you walk around with that here in the US and the police will come haha.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Cerevo Develops "PSYCHO-PASS" Smart Phone

Transformable "DOMINATOR MAXI" smart phone mimics futuristic firearm

Cerevo、アニメ PSYCHO-PASS [emoji768]特[emoji768]拳銃 ドミネーター 開[emoji769][*[emoji768]版] - YouTube

And here's an extended video highlighting the DOMINATOR MAXI's numerous other features:

Cerevo、アニメPSYCHO-PASS[emoji768]特[emoji768]拳銃ドミネーター開[emoji769]。自動変形[emoji767]構、スマホで執行シーン再現 - YouTube

The DOMINATOR MAXI is scheduled to be released later in 2015. Although the final retail price has not yet been determined, Cerevo says it will not cost more than 100,000 yen ($806.06 US).

Do want!
Old 07-20-2015, 09:27 AM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
Denmark

Has anyone seen the film yet?
Old 05-03-2018, 01:07 PM   #26
Expert Member

Oct 2014
RVA

Sorry to revive a nearly 3 year old thread, I apologize if this is not a good place to post this question, but the movie and Season 2 are both currently on sale on Right Stuf. I'm thinking buying them, because the prices are good compared to what I've seen them over the past year or whatever. I liked season 1 a lot, but keep hearing that season 2 is a lot different and not very good. I am kind of an avid "collector" when it comes to these things, and when I like something, I often buy all of it that's available, for instance I am truly a fan of about 50% of Tenchi Muyo animes, but own all of them, because of completionist sake and just curiosity about the ones that I hadn't heard were good, I bought them, and turns out I (like most) didn't really like them. No regrets there. I think I know the answer here, I'm like 80% of the way to convincing myself to add to cart and checkout, but should I buy these? What do you all think?
Old 05-03-2018, 01:37 PM   #27
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

I didn’t like either season (too pretentious for my taste), but Season 1 was way better, but it was the fault of the production committee. Once you see Season 2, watch these videos. It’s really fascinating stuff:
SPOILERS FOR BOTH SEASONS:
Old 05-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #28
Expert Member

Oct 2014
RVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorwho View Post
I didnt like either season (too pretentious for my taste), but Season 1 was way better, but it was the fault of the production committee. Once you see Season 2, watch these videos. Its really fascinating stuff:
SPOILERS FOR BOTH SEASONS:
https://youtu.be/D8xUebGsM84
https://youtu.be/BNQUD9_zfrQ
Would you say it's a waste of money to purchase Season 2 and the Movie then? Even for a fan of the first season?
Old 05-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #29
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
Would you say it's a waste of money to purchase Season 2 and the Movie then? Even for a fan of the first season?
The movie is better than the second season, but it’s still not as good as Season 1 (sadly, the Second season was ruined as Ubukata, the writer of Season 2 was forced to alter the season because the movie would take place after said season, so there’s a lot of forced drama due to the demand of Urobuchi, the writer of Season 1 and the movie). Ubukata worked down to the wire trying to make it good, but it couldn’t happen. So, it’s the Production Committee at Toho’s fault.

Season 2 was outsourced to Tatsunoko Productions, which isn’t inherently bad, as Tatsunoko has made some amazing looking shoes, like Gatchaman Crowds, Ping Pong, and Yozakura Quartet (the remake by Ryo-Chimo), but they all had webgen staff to work there, whereas in Psycho Pass 2 it was not. So, while it doesn’t look bad, it’s a step down. Had Ryo-Chimo, who revitalized the studio been Animation Director, it would’ve surpassed Season 1 on a visual perspective.

More on Ryo-Chimo here (no spoilers for anything) :

So really, to see the Movie, you have to see Season 2. If you can get both cheap, it might be worth picking up.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:27 PM   #30
Expert Member

Oct 2014
RVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorwho View Post
The movie is better than the second season, but its still not as good as Season 1 (sadly, the Second season was ruined as Ubukata, the writer of Season 2 was forced to alter the season because the movie would take place after said season, so theres a lot of forced drama due to the demand of Urobuchi, the writer of Season 1 and the movie). Ubukata worked down to the wire trying to make it good, but it couldnt happen. So, its the Production Committee at Tohos fault.

Season 2 was outsourced to Tatsunoko Productions, which isnt inherently bad, as Tatsunoko has made some amazing looking shoes, like Gatchaman Crowds, Ping Pong, and Yozakura Quartet (the remake by Ryo-Chimo), but they all had webgen staff to work there, whereas in Psycho Pass 2 it was not. So, while it doesnt look bad, its a step down. Had Ryo-Chimo, who revitalized the studio been Animation Director, it wouldve surpassed Season 1 on a visual perspective.

More on Ryo-Chimo here (no spoilers for anything) :
https://youtu.be/FEK4JJE7YWQ

So really, to see the Movie, you have to see Season 2. If you can get both cheap, it might be worth picking up.
Wow, thanks for all the info. The movie is $17.49 and season 2 is $29.89.

It seems high for season 2, to pay nearly $50 for both, I dunno. I paid like $20 for season one, which is how I got into the show, it was a good price at the time so I blind-bought it. I *still* haven't figured out from our discussion whether I should actually buy season 2 & the movie right now haha. I don't know when/if it'll ever be cheaper than this, though, really.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:38 AM   #31

Jul 2009
Miami, FL

You can always stream the show from Funimation's site, see if you like it first. They don't have the movie on there though.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:26 AM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
Midwest, U.S.

You can stream it almost everywhere, including free places.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:23 AM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
Denmark

Trailer for the next three movies!
Old 11-27-2018, 04:11 AM   #34

Feb 2015
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristoffer View Post
Trailer for the next three movies!
I am so so SO excited for these!!! Psycho-Pass has been one of my favorite anime since it first aired, and waiting 4 years with no new episodes or movies has been KILLING me!!! They’re even releasing a Kogami nendoroid FINALLY that I can add to my Akane so she isnt alone anymore!
Thanks given by:
kristoffer (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 09:09 AM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
Denmark

Agree! I might try to rewatch S1 on BD before these. I still haven't gotten the S2 BD because I was a bit disappointed by it in general.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:49 PM   #36

Feb 2015
Utah

Quote:
Agree! I might try to rewatch S1 on BD before these. I still haven't gotten the S2 BD because I was a bit disappointed by it in general.
I still think it is worth having the full series! S2 definitely wasnt as good as S1 by a long shot (for me it was because of Mika Shimotsukis utter insolence and Sakuya Toganes disgusting personality) but its still not horrible.
Thanks given by:
kristoffer (11-29-2018)
Old 01-02-2019, 01:19 PM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
Denmark

Any word on when we can expect the new movies on BD?
Old 01-02-2019, 02:35 PM   #38
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
US

Quote:
Any word on when we can expect the new movies on BD?
They haven't even been in theaters yet in Japan. Let alone America. So your way way to early to expect any kind of blu-ray announcement.
Thanks given by:
kristoffer (01-03-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 10:12 AM   #39
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
Denmark

Ok, I thought they were coming to TV as well as the cinema in Japan.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:23 PM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
Denmark

Season 3 has just been announced!!! Yes! I hope the new films and S3 come to Blu-Ray soon or alternatively Crunchyroll.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...season/.144332
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion