Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Rambo: The Complete Collector's Set (iTunes)
$9.99

Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Rocky Heavyweight Collection (iTunes)
$29.94

Shaun of the Dead (iTunes)
$4.99

Shazam! (iTunes)
$9.99

DreamWorks 17-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$79.99

Venom / Spider-man: Homecoming (iTunes)
$17.99

Cliffhanger (iTunes)
$4.99

South Park, Season 22 (iTunes)
$19.99
15 hrs ago
How To Train Your Dragon Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

A Knight's Tale (iTunes)
$4.99

Doctor Who, Season 11 (iTunes)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Old 08-29-2016, 01:27 AM   #1
Power Member

Jan 2010
Default Extras with The Martian Extended?

I just redeemed the BD code at FoxRedeem. The blu-ray said movie only, and iTunes on my Mac indeed has no Extras logo. However, the Videos app on my iPhone does and I can view the Extras there. What's up with this?
Old 08-29-2016, 06:56 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
I just redeemed the BD code at FoxRedeem. The blu-ray said movie only, and iTunes on my Mac indeed has no Extras logo. However, the Videos app on my iPhone does and I can view the Extras there. What's up with this?
I don't know that what the Bluray says necessarily has any relevance to what is available on iTunes.
Not sure what you are asking.

There are extras included with the extended edition, including the theatrical version of the movie.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:08 PM   #3
Power Member

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
Not sure what you are asking. There are extras included with the extended edition, including the theatrical version of the movie.
What I'm asking is why iTunes on my Mac has no extras but Videos on my iPhone does have extras.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:48 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
What I'm asking is why iTunes on my Mac has no extras but Videos on my iPhone does have extras.
The Martian Extended Edition does not show up when searching in the iTunes store.

This is what I see.
Under "My Movies" on a Windows PC it does show iTunes Extras.
Did you download the movie? Extras are not downloaded, maybe that could be screwing things up for you.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg martian exxtended.jpg (40.4 KB, 181 views)

Last edited by Greyman; 08-30-2016 at 03:05 AM.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:54 AM   #5
Power Member

Jan 2010

Quote:
The Martian Extended Edition does not show up when searching in the iTunes store.

This is what I see.
Did you download the movie? Extras are not downloaded, maybe that could be screwing things up for you.
No I didn't download the movie. I don't have that blue "iTunes Extras" box either. I'm not sure how the title being redemption-only makes a difference.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:26 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
No I didn't download the movie. I don't have that blue "iTunes Extras" box either. I'm not sure how the title being redemption-only makes a difference.
It's not so much that it is a redemption only title its that anyone else reading this thread will know they won't be able to find it in the itunes store. Also, since we can't search for it we can't tell if there is more than one version in the iTunes store.

Is it possible you redeemed your code when it was first available and you got a version without extras. iTunes, mistakenly added another version with iTunes extras instead of upgrading the version you ended up with, or possibly your version did not get upgraded for some reason? - just speculation.

Try this to maybe force a reset of the movie in your library - go to my purchases and hide (hit the x) The Martian extended so it no longer shows under your purchases. Sign out of iTunes, close it down and then restart. Go to your account, manage hidden items, restore the movie.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:30 PM   #7
Power Member

Jan 2010

I restarted iTunes and the blue "iTunes Extras" box is now appearing. I'm not sure why it didn't before (after several restarts).
Old 06-07-2018, 05:45 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2015
Dream within a dream
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:

This is what I see.

[Show spoiler]
I bought the 4K bluray of this a while ago but never got around to redeeming the code. Thank you for letting us know that the extended edition does not show up when searching in the iTunes store, as I've been searching to see if there is a separate listing for it but only the standard theatrical version shows up. So when redeeming this code through FoxRedeem.com, did you specifically chose iTunes as the provider of your choice and the extended edition showed up in your collection? Also, do you know if iTunes added a 4K version for the extended edition, or is that for the standard theatrical edition only?
Old 06-07-2018, 08:37 AM   #9
Power Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
I restarted iTunes and the blue "iTunes Extras" box is now appearing. I'm not sure why it didn't before (after several restarts).
You have to be logged into your iTunes account to access the Extras and even to see the logo. iTunes logs you out automatically after a certain period of inactivity and this also disconnects the Extras stream.

I was thinking that maybe after those several restarts that you only signed in on the last.

However, that doesn't wouldn't explain why they didn't pear when you redeemed the code - which I assume requires you to sign into your account.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:44 AM   #10
Power Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:

This is what I see.

Just to clarify for myself - the US iTunes does not actually sell The Martian Extended Cut but you can add it to your iTunes library by purchasing the blu-ray?

Have I got this right?

If so, are the Extras the same as the theatrical version or does it add the commentary?
Old 06-24-2019, 01:05 PM   #11

Jan 2006
Wales UK

Any chance of adding the picture to the entry?
https://imgur.com/xaONjIy
Old 06-24-2019, 01:31 PM   #12

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post
Just to clarify for myself - the US iTunes does not actually sell The Martian Extended Cut but you can add it to your iTunes library by purchasing the blu-ray?

Have I got this right?

If so, are the Extras the same as the theatrical version or does it add the commentary?

The Extended has both versions of the movie, both with commentary. Plus The Long Way Home documentary (hour twenty long).

That was from the blu-ray. It is HD with Atmos. I have not yet redeemed my 4K code, but I am assuming it isn't 4K in iTunes since my original did not upgrade yet.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes