Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$34.99
13 hrs ago
007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.99

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$35.49
15 hrs ago
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$66.62
17 hrs ago
Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.04

Psycho: Complete 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72
11 hrs ago
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Ultraman Geed (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 07-17-2019, 01:38 AM   #1001
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by styrofoamboats View Post
Does anyone know if Bull Moose adjusts pre-order prices? I pre-ordered Apocalypse Now 4K a few weeks ago at $19.97 but I'm seeing it on the site for $17.97 now. I didn't get charged yet since it seems like they charge when they ship.
I think they adjust automatically.

But if not, send them an email, they're always super friendly and helpful.
Thanks given by:
styrofoamboats (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 01:43 AM   #1002
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by styrofoamboats View Post
Does anyone know if Bull Moose adjusts pre-order prices? I pre-ordered Apocalypse Now 4K a few weeks ago at $19.97 but I'm seeing it on the site for $17.97 now. I didn't get charged yet since it seems like they charge when they ship.
Yes, when they ship they charge you the lower price although the order doesn't reflect the lowest price. I've contacted them before and have checked when my orders have shipped to ensure that was the case.
Thanks given by:
shrex (07-17-2019), styrofoamboats (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 02:19 AM   #1003
Banned

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBuffBeth View Post
Just looked through their site and they have some decent prices! How fast is their shipping usually?
I order from Bullmoose periodically, and their overall service is very good. I've never had any problems with their shipping nor product. I recommend them.
Thanks given by:
HonestJohn (07-20-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 01:38 PM   #1004
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
USA

I have a question. When you order from Bullmoose I know they don't charge you until it ships. However is there a temp charge? Like do they take the entire amount for a couple days and then refund you like Target?
Old 07-19-2019, 04:05 PM   #1005
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2016
Eastern Maryland
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetMasterBlu View Post
I have a question. When you order from Bullmoose I know they don't charge you until it ships. However is there a temp charge? Like do they take the entire amount for a couple days and then refund you like Target?
I never have had a temp charge. Just when shipped.
Thanks given by:
PuppetMasterBlu (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 04:17 PM   #1006
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDestroyer52 View Post
I never have had a temp charge. Just when shipped.
Cool thanks!
Old 07-22-2019, 12:30 AM   #1007
Expert Member

Jul 2014

The Stand preorder is $21.97:

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/31134889...owe-blu-ray-nr

I don't see Amazon or the other big retailers getting much below $25 at release.
Thanks given by:
KingDead (07-22-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 10:51 AM   #1008
Special Member

Jul 2013

They should implement Paypal. Do not like the idea of storing my CC info on websites.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:49 PM   #1009
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWalkingDead View Post
They should implement Paypal. Do not like the idea of storing my CC info on websites.
Use a prepaid card or get a CC with a virtual ID generator (Shopsafe).
Old 07-24-2019, 09:45 PM   #1010
Power Member

Oct 2010
north star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWalkingDead View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Use a prepaid card or get a CC with a virtual ID generator (Shopsafe).
I agree, I'd use them a little more if they took PayPal. I usually don't keep a lot of money in my bank account and I don't have a credit card.

That said, I did have a little extra dough and placed an order last week and got it in 4 days, these guys are great!

And a heads-up on pre-paid or visa vanilla cards - I've tried to use them several times on their site and haven't been able to use them, even with registering the zip code of the card. It always says it can't verify that it's my card or something, so I would contact them first and ask if that's changed this year at all (this was last year I tried).
Old 07-24-2019, 11:42 PM   #1011
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyHighGuy View Post

And a heads-up on pre-paid or visa vanilla cards - I've tried to use them several times on their site and haven't been able to use them, even with registering the zip code of the card. It always says it can't verify that it's my card or something, so I would contact them first and ask if that's changed this year at all (this was last year I tried).
I've been hit or miss on the prepaid - never sure why an issue. My Shopsafe MBNA/BOA cards luckily work great -- generate a number good only at a single retailer, but can be multi use with a max Exp Date and $$$ Limit. I find that far preferable to simple single use numbers
Old 07-25-2019, 03:12 AM   #1012
Expert Member

May 2015

Quote:
I agree, I'd use them a little more if they took PayPal. I usually don't keep a lot of money in my bank account and I don't have a credit card.

That said, I did have a little extra dough and placed an order last week and got it in 4 days, these guys are great!

Does this mean you use a debit card? If so, is there a reason you don't have a credit card (just personal choice, age, etc)? I don't intend to pry, but only ask because using a debit card online leaves you open to direct personal liability if your card data is compromised. Yes, any bank worth their salt will get you your money back, but in the case of a debit card you're out those funds until they complete your case, which can sometimes be protracted. Also, unless you have your OD settings set to auto decline, a compromised debit can also overdraw the account it's tied to, which can be a whole can of worms on its own.

Ultimately, it's truly your prerogative, but you should be aware of the risks. Even if one takes smart measures to safeguard their data, if one shops enough online, it's only a matter of time before a compromise.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:27 AM   #1013
Power Member

Oct 2010
north star

I don't have a credit card cause of credit issues (long stories) so ya I only use my bank card. But I have it set to decline any overdrafts and I never have more than a few hundred in there at a time anyway. Definitely a risk but they sure wouldn't get much if something happened. I typically don't store my card info at any site though, none of my bills or anything cause I'm paranoid, I think only Amazon (not that that's safer). I found that if you change your user password at Bullmoose it will delete your payment info.

I've used a lot of pre-paid cards over they years though at quite a few different sites, and Bullmoose is the only site I've ever had issues with taking those cards. Never tried the kind of card hariseldon is using though.
Thanks given by:
thetony (07-25-2019)
Old 07-25-2019, 03:36 AM   #1014
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
I

I've used a lot of pre-paid cards over they years though at quite a few different sites, and Bullmoose is the only site I've ever had issues with taking those cards. Never tried the kind of card hariseldon is using though.

SHopsafe is specifically attached to a Credit Card and generated Virtual Numbers that look identical and function exactly like any CC. I think specifically MBNA/BOA cards now. A problem if you can't get or don't want a Credit Card. CIti cards used to have something similar, but I think disconinued it. Discover Cards at least used to (may still) have the ability to generate Virtual Cards

You generate a number with a set limit and exp date of your selection (2-12 months) -- once the generated number is used, it's locked to that retailer and will be rejected if tried elsewhere. Basically it all feeds back through your main number, but in theory you could use hundreds of the Virtual Numbers and never type in or swipe the real card anywhere. For years my real card sat in a drawer and never saw the light of day and the Actual card number was virginal

The other type card I find pretty useful esp for credit iffy situations is an AMEX Bluebird -- it's a preloaded card, but can be reloaded repeatedly with virtually no fee. You cam put $200 or $550 on it at Walmart, spend that down, then reload the next time you're at Walmart .
You can also link a Debit Card or Account and load it that way online, but I think linking Bank or Debit accounts sort of defeats a little of the advantage of a card. It has a Home Address, Phone Number, no fees (unlike a lot of re-fillable cards), online management, but functions almost like a CC with a hard limit cap except in a way yiou get to decide the actual limit. I used these for my teens when they were old enough to drive and off at college as an emergency card and could load a few hundred at a time to teach some budget skills.

Last edited by hariseldon; 07-25-2019 at 03:44 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Tags
bull, bull moose, bullmoose, moose