Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Rambo: The Complete Collector's Set (iTunes)
$9.99

Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Rocky Heavyweight Collection (iTunes)
$29.94

Shaun of the Dead (iTunes)
$4.99

Shazam! (iTunes)
$9.99

Venom / Spider-man: Homecoming (iTunes)
$17.99

DreamWorks 17-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$79.99

9 to 5 (iTunes)
$4.99
2 hrs ago
Cliffhanger (iTunes)
$4.99

How To Train Your Dragon Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

A Knight's Tale (iTunes)
$4.99

Doctor Who, Season 11 (iTunes)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 03-14-2014, 07:07 AM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter is Coming View Post
This thread was helpful, thanks. For newer movies that say "Digital HD," are these typically UV + itunes?
Not necessarily. It depends on the studios.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:08 AM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by richx03 View Post
So is counselor both UV+itunes? Did anyone find out?
I think it's just UV because I posted my code in the free codes thread after I had redeemed the UV and everybody said that it was not working. It is possible that someone redeemed it, but I'm going to think it was a UV only title.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #23
Power Member

Apr 2013
Detroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXsdesdeXXX View Post
I think it's just UV because I posted my code in the free codes thread after I had redeemed the UV and everybody said that it was not working. It is possible that someone redeemed it, but I'm going to think it was a UV only title.

Yes it is UV only title.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:21 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamm View Post
Yes it is UV only title.
Thanks, I'll update the op.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:58 AM   #25
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
-

Thanks for starting this thread.

I've been meaning to ask about DC codes where you have the option for iTunes and/or UV and this thread is right on point. And thanks for the info already contributed and posted.

We initially were all iTunes and avoided UV for a number of reasons, but now we have a growing UV library as well, and it may end up being the larger of the two.

Of course, I want to maximize DC code usage by redeeming codes in both iTunes and UV whenever possible. The guidelines contributed by FlickFab are very helpful in delineating the different kinds of codes. However, I do have a few questions for clarification:
1. When something is listed as iTunes + UV, does it matter which order you redeem them? Or does it not matter and you can redeem in either one first and it will always work in the other one later?

In this case, I guess you can split the use of the code in case you want to redeem the code in one format and sell or trade the other one?

2. What are "Digital HD" codes?

This seems to be a newer designation. At first I thought this was a new designation for codes that you could redeem in both iTunes and UV since some of the labels specifically list both UV and iTunes.

But others, like newer Disney movies, are also "Digital HD" but only list iTunes (but not UV). However, now with DMA it looks like entering the code into DMR will get you the iTunes HD DC automatically if your iTunes account is linked and it will still let you redeem the code in Vudu (which I equate with UV). So, even though the newer Disney releases say Digital HD with only iTunes listed it seems like you can actually redeem both UV/Vudu and iTunes DCs with the same code.

3. For Uni codes, in the posts above new releases are listed as iTunes+UV and catalog re-releases as either or but not both.

How about "Somewhere in Time"? It's a catalog that has recently been released on blu, so would this fall into the either iTunes or UV but not both category since it is a catalog title? But on the package it says "Digital HD" and lists both UV and iTunes logos and says "Included with purchase Digital HD UV . . . Also includes iTunes" which I had assumed meant you could redeem both.

In part, I'm asking these questions because I have Somewhere in Time and it comes with a Digital HD code. Normally I would just redeem both myself so I would have both UV and iTunes copies. However, I already have this in UV because I converted this from our DVD using the Vudu In-home D2D program before I realized this was coming to BD and included a digital copy.

I still want the iTunes DC, but want to sell or trade the UV one, but just want to make sure that I can do this after redeeming the iTunes portion.
I'm also just asking these questions in general because I'm trying to figure out how to go about redeeming a bunch of other codes I have that I've been accumulating that seem to be iTunes and/or UV and want to make sure I get both formats whenever that is possible, so I'll probably ask a few more questions about that as well.

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2014, 03:31 AM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljoo View Post
1. When something is listed as iTunes + UV, does it matter which order you redeem them? Or does it not matter and you can redeem in either one first and it will always work in the other one later?

In this case, I guess you can split the use of the code in case you want to redeem the code in one format and sell or trade the other one?

I don't believe the order matters, but so far I have only redeemed UV codes first and then given away iTunes codes after and they have all worked when they were supposed to -- meaning that the code was intended to redeem through both services.

Quote:
2. What are "Digital HD" codes?

This seems to be a newer designation. At first I thought this was a new designation for codes that you could redeem in both iTunes and UV since some of the labels specifically list both UV and iTunes.

But others, like newer Disney movies, are also "Digital HD" but only list iTunes (but not UV). However, now with DMA it looks like entering the code into DMR will get you the iTunes HD DC automatically if your iTunes account is linked and it will still let you redeem the code in Vudu (which I equate with UV). So, even though the newer Disney releases say Digital HD with only iTunes listed it seems like you can actually redeem both UV/Vudu and iTunes DCs with the same code.
They added that on Blu-ray copies to distinguish them from the quality you would receive with a DVD digital copy. Digital copies from DVD's do not say they come with "Digital HD" and will generally be in Standard Definition "SD". Also keep in mind that Disney does not make their titles available to UltraViolet -- they allow you to redeem through Vudu.

Quote:
3. For Uni codes, in the posts above new releases are listed as iTunes+UV and catalog re-releases as either or but not both.

How about "Somewhere in Time"? It's a catalog that has recently been released on blu, so would this fall into the either iTunes or UV but not both category since it is a catalog title? But on the package it says "Digital HD" and lists both UV and iTunes logos and says "Included with purchase Digital HD UV . . . Also includes iTunes" which I had assumed meant you could redeem both.

In part, I'm asking these questions because I have Somewhere in Time and it comes with a Digital HD code. Normally I would just redeem both myself so I would have both UV and iTunes copies. However, I already have this in UV because I converted this from our DVD using the Vudu In-home D2D program before I realized this was coming to BD and included a digital copy.

I still want the iTunes DC, but want to sell or trade the UV one, but just want to make sure that I can do this after redeeming the iTunes portion.

I'm also just asking these questions in general because I'm trying to figure out how to go about redeeming a bunch of other codes I have that I've been accumulating that seem to be iTunes and/or UV and want to make sure I get both formats whenever that is possible, so I'll probably ask a few more questions about that as well.

Thanks!
I'm willing to bet that the unique code given to you for "Somewhere in Time" would redeem once through UV and once through iTunes. If you take a look at the back cover art, it says "Works with iTunes" and it also says "Works with UV" just like "Fast & Furious 6" does. The code for "Fast & Furious 6" redeems through both services and the back cover art is layed out the same way as "Somewhere in Time" and both are Universal titles.

Last edited by XXXsdesdeXXX; 03-20-2014 at 03:35 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:13 AM   #27
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA
-
-
-
-

Quote:
12 Years a Slave [Fox] - UV and iTunes - iTunes needs disc or XML
Possible error - I believe 12 Years a Slave is UV only. I just tried a code for it in iTunes and it came up as not valid.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:01 AM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Possible error - I believe 12 Years a Slave is UV only. I just tried a code for it in iTunes and it came up as not valid.
I will correct that, thanks. Looks like Fox is going UV only for lots of their newer releases. Thanks, Evil. It may still be that they include iTunes with more major releases. We will have to keep any eye on this ....

Last edited by XXXsdesdeXXX; 03-26-2014 at 05:06 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:43 AM   #29
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Quote:
I will correct that, thanks. Looks like Fox is going UV only for lots of their newer releases. Thanks, Evil. It may still be that they include iTunes with more major releases. We will have to keep any eye on this ....
Most Fox releases lately have unfortunately been UV only(not to mention Blu-ray only as they seem to be ditching the DVD copy). But then there are the rare exceptions like today with Walking With Dinosaurs. That has a DVD copy as well as iTunes(but it does require the disc or xml file).
Old 03-26-2014, 05:52 AM   #30
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2013
Playboy Mansion, Beverly Hills, CA

Quote:

If we have info to add to the list, should we just PM it to you?
Old 03-26-2014, 10:17 AM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed2012 View Post
If we have info to add to the list, should we just PM it to you?
You can post it here and I will add it to the op. Thanks
Old 03-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #32
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2013
Gotham City

I have these to add to the OP, not sure on the studios though:

Walking with Dinosaurs (Fox): UV + iTunes SD
The Wolf of Wall Street: UV + iTunes HD
Anchorman 2 (Paramount): UV + iTunes HD
Ronin 47 (Universal): UV + iTunes HD
The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug (WB): UV
Ride Along (Universal): UV + iTunes HD
Grudge Match: UV
The Nut Job: UV + iTunes HD
Old 03-26-2014, 10:03 PM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeker View Post
I have these to add to the OP, not sure on the studios though:

Walking with Dinosaurs (Fox): UV + iTunes SD
The Wolf of Wall Street: UV + iTunes HD
Anchorman 2 (Paramount): UV + iTunes HD
Ronin 47 (Universal): UV + iTunes HD
The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug (WB): UV
Ride Along (Universal): UV + iTunes HD
Grudge Match: UV
The Nut Job: UV + iTunes HD
Thanks for your contributions. I will update the op shortly. Does Walking with Dinosaurs require XML file/disc?
I'll add The Hobbit: Desolation of Smog and the titles that haven't been released once they're officially released

Last edited by XXXsdesdeXXX; 03-26-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:45 PM   #34
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2013
Playboy Mansion, Beverly Hills, CA
Default The is it redeemable through UV, iTunes, or both Thread

I have a few to start with. Will edit this post to add more later.

[Show spoiler]
Evil Dead (new) - UV only

Despicable Me (Universal) - UV + iTunes

Jurassic Park (all 3 parts) (Universal) - UV + iTunes

Pride and Prejudice - UV + iTunes

Thor 1 (Paramount) - iTunes only requires disc/xml

Iron Man 2 (Paramount) - iTunes only requires disc/xml

Avengers - iTunes only requires disc/xml

Lego Star Wars Padawan Menace - UV only

Jobs - UV + iTunes

Much Ado About Nothing - UV only

Back to the Future trilogy (Universal) - iTunes using disc or xml

Titanic - iTunes using disc/xml

Stand Up Guys - UV only

Batman Lego Movie - UV only

Flashpoint Paradox - UV only

Superman Unbound - UV only

Love Actually - UV and iTunes

Elf - UV only

Terminator 2 - UV only

Total Recall (old) - UV only

Pulp Fiction - UV only

Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2 - UV only

The Dark Knight Returns - UV only

Wizard of Oz - UV only

Oz (Disney) - DMA, Vudu, iTunes

Fifth Estate - DMA, Vudu, iTunes

Last edited by dazed2012; 03-27-2014 at 02:47 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:35 AM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed2012 View Post
I have a few to start with. Will edit this post to add more later.

Evil Dead (new) - UV only

Despicable Me (Universal) - UV + iTunes

Jurassic Park (all 3 parts) (Universal) - UV + iTunes

Pride and Prejudice - UV + iTunes

Thor 1 (Paramount) - iTunes only requires disc/xml

Iron Man 2 (Paramount) - iTunes only requires disc/xml

Avengers - iTunes only requires disc/xml

Lego Star Wars Padawan Menace - UV only

Jobs - UV + iTunes

Much Ado About Nothing - UV only
Thanks, I have added them to the op. I appreciate it. I will check when you have time to add more and update those too.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:38 AM   #36
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2013
Gotham City

Quote:
Thanks for your contributions. I will update the op shortly. Does Walking with Dinosaurs require XML file/disc?
I'll add The Hobbit: Desolation of Smog and the titles that haven't been released once they're officially released
Yes, Walking with Dinosaurs requires an XML.

You should add the titles even if they haven't been released, you're not selling them or telling anyone how to redeem them prior to release. I don't think the mods would have an issue. I think that would work like if you're browsing for a title on the site and it lists a digital copy, might as well know what the digital copy gives you. Anyway, just a suggestion, feel free to add them when you think its right.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:40 AM   #37

Feb 2014
California

Killing them softly? Anyone if this is both or just UV
Old 03-28-2014, 05:45 AM   #38
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by overduedub View Post
Killing them softly? Anyone if this is both or just UV
Both. However, I think that one was packaged with two separate codes - one to be used with UV and a different code to be used with iTunes.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:46 AM   #39

Feb 2014
California

Thank you.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:06 AM   #40

Feb 2014
California

Does anyone know if Anchorman 2 will be VUDU/iTunes?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies