Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Star Blazers 2202: Space Battleship Yamato – Part Two (Blu-ray)
$45.69

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$29.99

My Hero Academia: Season Three Part Two (Blu-ray)
$41.25

Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales (Blu-ray)
$28.49

Goblin Slayer: Season One (Blu-ray)
$64.99

Goblin Slayer: Season One (Blu-ray)
$42.99

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU: S1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Yu Yu Hakusho: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$32.99

Cyborg 009 - The Cyborg Soldier: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Restaurant to Another World (Blu-ray)
$45.69

Harukana Receive: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$45.69

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion

Old 03-13-2015, 04:44 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011
Default Digimon Adventure tri.

How come I didn't know about this!? Excited!

Old 03-13-2015, 04:57 PM   #2

Dec 2009

We have been talking about it here. That is probably why.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...3#post10536043
Old 03-13-2015, 05:39 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Oh, haha, sorry. I skimmed through there to make sure, but I must have missed it. But surely, this deserves its own thread?

Loving the visuals so far! It would never happen considering that he is basically being built up as the next Miyazaki and has another feature coming out later this year, but it would be so great if Hosoda Mamoru worked on this in some capacity. The episode he directed (the one where Taichi returns to the real world for the first time and we first meet Hikari) was the most visually striking episode of the show, and the theatrical versions that he worked on were really something as well. His style seems like a good match for the new visuals they are going for here.

(Though, while I do love the visuals, it's a little unfortunate that the character designs have become homogenized a bit compared to the original, where they all had distinct proportions and hair styles.)

So far, the original theme song ("Butter-fly") has been confirmed, and all of the original voice cast for the digimon characters have been confirmed. Hopefully the voice cast for the human characters will return as well, though I wouldn't mind if they recasted Takeru since I'm not quite in as invested in 02 as I am with the original series.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:02 PM   #4

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
Oh, haha, sorry. I skimmed through there to make sure, but I must have missed it. But surely, this deserves its own thread?

Loving the visuals so far! It would never happen considering that he is basically being built up as the next Miyazaki and has another feature coming out later this year, but it would be so great if Hosoda Mamoru worked on this in some capacity. The episode he directed (the one where Taichi returns to the real world for the first time and we first meet Hikari) was the most visually striking episode of the show, and the theatrical versions that he worked on were really something as well. His style seems like a good match for the new visuals they are going for here.

(Though, while I do love the visuals, it's a little unfortunate that the character designs have become homogenized a bit compared to the original, where they all had distinct proportions and hair styles.)

So far, the original theme song ("Butter-fly") has been confirmed, and all of the original voice cast for the digimon characters have been confirmed. Hopefully the voice cast for the human characters will return as well, though I wouldn't mind if they recasted Takeru since I'm not quite in as invested in 02 as I am with the original series.
Oh your fine, I was surprised there wasn't a thread for it yet. That thread is pretty much a catch all for all the new stuff that is airing and will air. Right now we have been talking about Kan Colle there.
But yeah I'm excited about this. I was a fan of the first two Seasons. So them being grown up is a treat.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:16 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

Wow, never heard about this til now but I'm excited
Old 03-14-2015, 05:33 AM   #6
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Character designs on the humans look a little off, but I don't necessarily dislike the new look. I know it takes place in the future from the original Digimon Adventure 1 and 2 series aka Digimon Digital Monsters, but just seems like the characters changed in a weird but interesting way.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:44 AM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2015
West London, England, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightslicesofpie View Post
Wow, never heard about this til now but I'm excited
Same here! It looks pretty smart! I'm loving the visual style of it already!
Old 05-06-2015, 06:57 PM   #8
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Last year, it was announced that Digimon Adventure will celebrate its 15th anniversary with a new anime that will take place years later, where the the Digi-Destined will return in a high school sequel. Toei Animation just revealed the latest details, along with a look at a new teaser trailer for the anime.

While the sequel was initially announced as an anime series, it’s been revealed that Digimon Adventure tri. will be a six-part theatrical anime. The first part of the new film series is titled “Reunion” and will premier in Japanese cinemas on November 21, 2015.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/06...-movie-series/
Thanks given by:
neoz (05-06-2015)
Old 05-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #9

Dec 2009

^^^

November? Man that is so far away...I can't wait for this series to start.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:25 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

That's quite a delay from the original schedule.... Totally thought it would be a TV show. I'm guessing this will be more like an OVA series rather than an actual film series. A lot of OVA series get super limited theatrical runs, with the episodes, or 'films,' clocking in around 45-60mins. I'm guessing that's what this will be.

Also, it appears the voice actors for the children have all been replaced, which is kinda a bummer.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:06 PM   #12

Dec 2009

Awesome, looks good. Can't wait till it finally releases. I like the more mature look of it, and the animation style.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:04 AM   #13

Dec 2009

It's up now. Or has been up. Can't wait to dive in again.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/digimon-adventure-tri
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion