Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Millennium Actress (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Star Blazers 2202: Space Battleship Yamato  Part Two (Blu-ray)
$45.69

Goblin Slayer: Season One (Blu-ray)
$64.99

My Hero Academia: Season Three Part Two (Blu-ray)
$41.25

Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Goblin Slayer: Season One (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Cyborg 009 - The Cyborg Soldier: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU: S1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales (Blu-ray)
$28.49

Drifters: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission (Blu-ray)
$19.99
22 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion

Old 04-22-2016, 10:14 PM   #1

Jun 2010
Greece
Default Bayonetta :Blood Fate question

Hello all! I have a question about Bayonetta:Blood Fate. Is about the running time. In this site us version and other are 90 mins, Japan is 91 and uk 86. Since bbfc say this is uncut, and I'm interested in uk steelbook edition, why that difference in minutes? dvdcompare.net doesn't have it, to see for sure... Anyone knows? Thanks in advance XD.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:23 AM   #2
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Well I know that sometimes these companies only put an approximate amount of minutes on the coverart and not the actual amount. It's like if you have 5 episodes and it says 125 minutes which would make it 25 minutes per episode but actually clocks in for exactly 2 hours which would be 120 minutes but chose to put it as 25 minutes per episode because it's an easier number to deal with than like 23 or 24 which is what most Anime episodes usually clock in at. During the VHS/DVD era, many series did like a marathon run style where you only get to see the opening theme song and closing theme song once with only 1 next episode preview.

With Anime movies, there are also times where the minutes on the coverart don't match to exactly how long the movie is, but in those times it could actually be longer than the amount shown on the cover because like I mentioned they only put approximate times and not the actual. So a 92 minute movie could either say 90 minutes or 95 minutes.

I've also seen times where a movie could like say 85 minutes on the cover, but it doesn't take in consideration towards the closing credits so it would be like 85 minutes for the main movie but with 5 minutes of credits to make it be actually 90 minutes.

So unless you know someone who has that very release, you're talking about, it's difficult to know exactly the length time is.

Last edited by MOONPHASE; 04-23-2016 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:46 PM   #3

Jun 2010
Greece

I see. Thank you very much for your answer XD. So that's what happening. Will keep that in mind from now on, thanks XD
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion

Tags
bloo