Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

DreamWorks 17-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$79.99

Shazam! (iTunes)
$9.99

How To Train Your Dragon Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Venom / Spider-man: Homecoming (iTunes)
$17.99

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (iTunes)
$9.99

The Silence of the Lambs (iTunes)
$4.99

Spaceballs (iTunes)
$4.99

The Dark Knight Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Doctor Who, Season 11 (iTunes)
$9.99

Mad Max (iTunes)
$4.99

The Amazing Spider-Man Double Feature (iTunes)
$12.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Old 11-01-2017, 01:22 AM   #1

Oct 2008
Default Iron Man 2 / Thor / Captain America: The First Avengers iTunes copies with extras

Sorry if this has been discussed, but has anyone who redeemed the digital copies through the Paramount-released Blu-rays of Iron Man 2, Thor, and/or Captain America: The First Avengers been able to figure out a way to get the current, iTunes Extras-supported versions that currently exist on iTunes?

Hiding the movies on my account, disconnecting Movies Anywhere, and then reconnecting did nothing. iTunes Support hasn't been helpful, for has DMA and MA support.

I know I can watch the extras through MA, but now with the new cover art, the OCD in me really wants everything to match.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:08 AM   #2

Dec 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simps! View Post
Sorry if this has been discussed, but has anyone who redeemed the digital copies through the Paramount-released Blu-rays of Iron Man 2, Thor, and/or Captain America: The First Avengers been able to figure out a way to get the current, iTunes Extras-supported versions that currently exist on iTunes?

Hiding the movies on my account, disconnecting Movies Anywhere, and then reconnecting did nothing. iTunes Support hasn't been helpful, for has DMA and MA support.

I know I can watch the extras through MA, but now with the new cover art, the OCD in me really wants everything to match.
I am having the same issues. A while back Itunes told me they are unable to fix it and that I would need to purchase a new version. Obviously that is not an acceptable answer.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:37 AM   #3

Jun 2007

Does anyone know why Captain America First Avenger, Avengers Assemble and Iron Man 3 in the UK store do not have iTunes extras (like in the US store) while all the other Marvel films do?
Old 11-01-2017, 11:37 AM   #4

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmleblanc View Post
I am having the same issues. A while back Itunes told me they are unable to fix it and that I would need to purchase a new version. Obviously that is not an acceptable answer.
I got the same response for these movies (and Iron Man 1), I've been meaning to call Disney to see if they will offer a better solution since iTunes is no help.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:26 PM   #5

Feb 2017

I contacted Apple about this last year and it seems there are two different "listings" in iTunes, one from Paramount which comes from the XML codes or purchases made before Disney rereleased them, and a second which the currently for sale version from Disney that has iTunes extras. Apple sees these as two different items which is why they want us to rebuy the new listing. I just today emailed Movies Anywhere support to see if there is anything they can do on their end because they were helpful in fixing the same issue with Total Recall. I will update this thread once I get a reply from MA.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:26 PM   #6
Expert Member

Oct 2010

I actually had success by calling iTunes last month:

"SUCCESS!

After going through many tiers of Support through Apple, I finally got my Paramount versions of Thor, Iron Man 2 , & Captain America: First Avenger updated to the newer versions w/ extras.

I had to play a little dumb: "I am unable to view the extras, etc."

But when I FINALLY found somebody on the iTunes support team who was familiar with this issue, she understood and sent me new codes for all 3 movies.

As for the issue with now having duplicates, I discovered that hide/unhide in iTunes didnt fix it.

However when I went over to the 'Purchased' section (in macOS), once I searched for the 3 movies I could click on the small 'x' above them and that would properly "delete" or supress the older copies.

PHEW, it was a journey, but bore fruit, thankfully.

I tried DMA support first and they told me to pound sand and call Apple.

Kind of understandable as they were redeemed intially via Apple and DMA pulls from there.

Never hurts to ask! "
Thanks given by:
cmleblanc (11-01-2017), linkasaur (11-01-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 12:34 PM   #7

Dec 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlabonte21 View Post
I actually had success by calling iTunes last month:

"SUCCESS!

After going through many tiers of Support through Apple, I finally got my Paramount versions of Thor, Iron Man 2 , & Captain America: First Avenger updated to the newer versions w/ extras.

I had to play a little dumb: "I am unable to view the extras, etc."

But when I FINALLY found somebody on the iTunes support team who was familiar with this issue, she understood and sent me new codes for all 3 movies.

As for the issue with now having duplicates, I discovered that hide/unhide in iTunes didnt fix it.

However when I went over to the 'Purchased' section (in macOS), once I searched for the 3 movies I could click on the small 'x' above them and that would properly "delete" or supress the older copies.

PHEW, it was a journey, but bore fruit, thankfully.

I tried DMA support first and they told me to pound sand and call Apple.

Kind of understandable as they were redeemed intially via Apple and DMA pulls from there.

Never hurts to ask! "
That's great! Can you say who at Apple was able to fix this for you?
Old 11-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #8
Expert Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
That's great! Can you say who at Apple was able to fix this for you?
Her name was Pamela, but don't have any contact info unfortunately

This was before all the Apple TV 4K/Movies Anywhere hooplah--- so I'm not sure if they'll be as accomodating, but godspeed to you! (fingers crossed)
Thanks given by:
linkasaur (11-01-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 12:18 AM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010

Are there different extras in the iTunes versions than they added in MA? Used to be able to preview the iTunes extras but now they bunched them together and can't get past the first screen. I was just wondering if it's even worth the hassle anymore...for me at least.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:56 AM   #10
Special Member

Feb 2011

I tried my luck with trying to getting new versions for IM2, Thor and CA: TFA, but they only offered me video credits....

The MA site however is offering up extras for all the MCU films and with the new artwork for them as well....

Really don't want to have to be buying them all again but I much prefer everything just being in iTunes.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:15 AM   #11

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMox81 View Post
I tried my luck with trying to getting new versions for IM2, Thor and CA: TFA, but they only offered me video credits....

The MA site however is offering up extras for all the MCU films and with the new artwork for them as well....

Really don't want to have to be buying them all again but I much prefer everything just being in iTunes.
I also contacted Apple support today. My issue was escalated to a supervisor who said they need to research the issue and would get back to me. Fingers crossed
Old 11-02-2017, 11:53 AM   #12

Dec 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobz View Post
I also contacted Apple support today. My issue was escalated to a supervisor who said they need to research the issue and would get back to me. Fingers crossed
I contacted Apple yesterday too and did not have much luck. They claim they don't support code redemptions. Since it was not purchased on Apple, they act like they are not responsible even though it was redeemed there.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:20 PM   #13
Special Member

Feb 2011

Is there anyway of refreshing iTunes so that it pulls the correct movie artwork?

I've noticed that iTunes (on my Windows PC) doesn't show any of the new Marvel artwork now...
Old 11-02-2017, 01:34 PM   #14
Expert Member

Feb 2017

Quote:
Is there anyway of refreshing iTunes so that it pulls the correct movie artwork?

I've noticed that iTunes (on my Windows PC) doesn't show any of the new Marvel artwork now...
I tried disconnecting MA, hiding the movie, and re-connecting I do not get the versions from MA re-sync'd. They somehow have a connection.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:03 PM   #15
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_max2k2 View Post
I tried disconnecting MA, hiding the movie, and re-connecting I do not get the versions from MA re-sync'd. They somehow have a connection.
That's disappointing.

Every other locker I've got connected up to MA has ported over with the new artwork bar iTunes....
Old 11-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #16

Dec 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
That's disappointing.

Every other locker I've got connected up to MA has ported over with the new artwork bar iTunes....
It sounds like you have the old Paramount version of the movie instead of the Disney version. I am pulling in new artwork for all the Disney Marvel movies but the Paramount ones still show the old artwork. I think that is the cause of the issue here and Apple is not helping to resolve this.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:22 PM   #17
Expert Member

Oct 2010

I have the new artwork on all of the titles in the Videos app on Apple TV.

But the TV app on my iPhone is still showing the old artwork for 4 of the titles??
Old 11-02-2017, 05:33 PM   #18

Oct 2008

Does anyone have a direct number for iTunes Support. I called Apple support, got bounced to one support line, then was on hold for iTunes Support when my call cut out.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:56 PM   #19
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
It sounds like you have the old Paramount version of the movie instead of the Disney version. I am pulling in new artwork for all the Disney Marvel movies but the Paramount ones still show the old artwork. I think that is the cause of the issue here and Apple is not helping to resolve this.
I know I have the Paramount versions of the films this thread is titled about, but within iTunes on my Mac, Avengers, Winter Soldier and Guardians (first one) are Disney owned and yet show the old artwork.

Even when you click find film on iTunes Store in iTunes on my Mac for the three films above, it takes you to the film with the new artwork.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:52 AM   #20

Oct 2008

Spoke to an iTunes guy that seemed to get the problem and was escalating it, hoping to finally get this resolved in the next few days. In the meantime, I screwed around with this today since I don't imagine we'll get an official one from Universal anytime soon...

Thanks given by:
i_max2k2 (11-06-2017), Salamurai (11-16-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes