Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.47

Parasite 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.88

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
20 hrs ago
Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.33

Kylie Minogue: Aphrodite Les Folies - Live in London (Blu-ray)
$23.88

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Ready Player One 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.49

Dr. Seuss' The Lorax 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.64

The Meg 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.56

Happy Feet Two 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.94

Flying Swords of Dragon Gate 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.95

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Old 07-31-2019, 08:22 AM   #1

Aug 2013
San Francisco, CA
Exclamation 3-D TV warranty repairs and the California lemon law (Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty)

I've seen a few messages on multiple threads where owners had their 3-D tv's die. Many were SOL ("sadly" out of luck) after being informed by the manufacturers that they could not be repaired.

I recently learned about the Song-Beverly "CA lemon law," found in CA Civil Code Section 1790-1795.8.

Specifically, 1793.03(b) Every manufacturer making an express warranty with respect to an electronic or appliance product described in subdivision (h), (i), (j), or (k) of Section 9801 of the Business and Professions Code, with a wholesale price to the retailer of one hundred dollars ($100) or more, shall make available to service and repair facilities sufficient service literature and functional parts to effect the repair of a product for at least seven years after the date a product model or type was manufactured, regardless of whether the seven-year period exceeds the warranty period for the product.

Here's a link to a specific CA case involving defective Samsung 3-D tv's:
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...-class-action/

Numerous 3-D tv owners whose sets have died, relayed stories ranging from being SOL if it's out of warranty to being offered a credit because the set can't be repaired.

Has anybody from California whose 3-D tv set has died, pressed the manufacturer on the CA Lemon Law? I'm not posted in the law, but this does seem to provide a California consumer some extra protection by making the manufacturer maintain parts to repair a 3-D set for an additional seven years after manufacture date. I live and purchased my set in California so I have a little stake in this matter... (LG OLED65E6P purchased in July 2017)

Thanks in advance for your opinions and any real life experiences with this CA lemon law.

Jason
Thanks given by:
M-Bot (09-03-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors