Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Soon: Cutie Honey Universe: Complete… ()

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Rambo: The Complete Collector's Set (iTunes)
$9.99
19 hrs ago
Rocky Heavyweight Collection (iTunes)
$29.94
19 hrs ago
Shaun of the Dead (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
DreamWorks 17-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$79.99

Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Cliffhanger (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
A Knight's Tale (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
Shazam! (iTunes)
$9.99

Venom / Spider-man: Homecoming (iTunes)
$17.99

How To Train Your Dragon Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Rocky (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
Demolition Man (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Old 05-11-2019, 04:58 AM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

Greatest Showman is definitely a code that never redeemed as UHD since it cannot be redeemed into iTunes and only ever redeemed HD through MA.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #22
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Greatest Showman is definitely a code that never redeemed as UHD since it cannot be redeemed into iTunes and only ever redeemed HD through MA.
I thought new copies were updated, like all Fox titles.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #23

May 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
Yeah, it's just weird that I redeem most of my digital codes that come with my 4K physical disc movies through MA and then they usually show up in itunes as 4K. I bought Bohemian Rhaspody and Alien 4K on physical 4k disc and then redeemed the digital codes at MA and they still show up in itunes as 4k. But I did the same with Prometheus, Alien: Covenant, The Greatest Showman and Die Hard and they used to show up in 4K in itunes until last week. Now those four movies are just showing up in HD. So, something changed somewhere recently. I feel like i'm losing it. haha
Old 05-11-2019, 05:14 PM   #24
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
No. The only "updated" title was Die Hard and that's hit and miss.

We mention it a lot but somehow it got forgotten: 4ksheet.com

Alien redeems 4K with the old dual redeem code, must be redeemed in iTunes.

The Greatest Showman must be purchased in 4K from a retailer, no code redeems in 4K.

If the Fcam7 is using an Apple TV to confirm 4K then the Apple TV is at fault for reporting the wrong resolution.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:27 PM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
No. The only "updated" title was Die Hard and that's hit and miss.
I believe there was more than just that one, but most have never been reissued with 4K codes.

Quote:
Alien redeems 4K with the old dual redeem code, must be redeemed in iTunes.
I assume you're referring to "Alien Covenant", and not "Alien", which comes with a 4K code.

I just noticed that 4Ksheet isn't very clear regarding whether or not a re-release of "Alien Covenant" comes with a 4K code.

Quote:
If the Fcam7 is using an Apple TV to confirm 4K then the Apple TV is at fault for reporting the wrong resolution.
Unless he's using 12.3 beta firmware, and looking at one specific spot, it shouldn't be reporting 4K anywhere on the Apple TV unless he has an SD copy purchased or redeemed on iTunes, which is either a long standing bug, or a crappy advertisement.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:21 PM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2012

The 4K fox releases before Deadpool probably won't update to 4K since Fox never bothered to differentiate their codes between it coming from BD or 4K release, at least that was what I was told when I contacted them about Murder on the Orient Express (2017) to see if they authorize a 4K redemption since it was still showing HD on ma site. The few that have I think had 4K re-releases where new batches of codes were made for 4K (but not all of the re-releases got the new codes, think Shape of Water is one of those hit or miss ones).

As for Alien Covenant, I don't think it redeems 4K in MA or Vudu, but it has an iTunes option to redeem. So, redeeming in iTunes will give 4K MA porting rights via iTunes redemption.

@Fcam7, Bohemian Rhapsody and Alien 4K codes do redeem 4K in ma, but only BR will 4K on Vudu of the two since Vudu only has alien in HDX to purchase. Also, Prometheus, Alien covenant, Greatest Showman and Die Hard won't redeem in 4K at MA or Vudu. Prometheus (some codes, not including those disc based ones) and Alien Covenant have iTunes redemption option. I don't remember if Die Hard has an iTunes option, but I think it is one of the few fox titles that gives UHD IW from Walmart.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:52 AM   #27

May 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsung122212 View Post
The 4K fox releases before Deadpool probably won't update to 4K since Fox never bothered to differentiate their codes between it coming from BD or 4K release, at least that was what I was told when I contacted them about Murder on the Orient Express (2017) to see if they authorize a 4K redemption since it was still showing HD on ma site. The few that have I think had 4K re-releases where new batches of codes were made for 4K (but not all of the re-releases got the new codes, think Shape of Water is one of those hit or miss ones).

As for Alien Covenant, I don't think it redeems 4K in MA or Vudu, but it has an iTunes option to redeem. So, redeeming in iTunes will give 4K MA porting rights via iTunes redemption.

@Fcam7, Bohemian Rhapsody and Alien 4K codes do redeem 4K in ma, but only BR will 4K on Vudu of the two since Vudu only has alien in HDX to purchase. Also, Prometheus, Alien covenant, Greatest Showman and Die Hard won't redeem in 4K at MA or Vudu. Prometheus (some codes, not including those disc based ones) and Alien Covenant have iTunes redemption option. I don't remember if Die Hard has an iTunes option, but I think it is one of the few fox titles that gives UHD IW from Walmart.
Thanks...FOX is a tricky studio when it comes to 4K digital
Old 05-14-2019, 05:47 AM   #28

Feb 2012
Portland, OR

Well folks, as of today, Die Hard, Big and Mrs. Doubtfire are no longer available in 4K in iTunes. Coincidence? I think not.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:56 AM   #29
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-P View Post
Well folks, as of today, Die Hard, Big and Mrs. Doubtfire are no longer available in 4K in iTunes. Coincidence? I think not.
My copies of Big & Die Hard are still 4k. Hope they stay that way!
Old 05-14-2019, 08:03 AM   #30

Jan 2019
Singapore

Quote:
Lots of titles from other studios have reverted to HD recently. I donít think this related to Disney buying Fox.

I expect they will return to 4K at some point.
Thanks given by:
Majoran (05-14-2019), Undeadcow (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 08:46 AM   #31
Power Member

Jun 2013

Quote:
Well folks, as of today, Die Hard, Big and Mrs. Doubtfire are no longer available in 4K in iTunes.
Same here.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:13 PM   #32

Mar 2019
Canada

Quote:
Die Hard 2,3,4,5 are all still 4K. Probably just an update again. Great Wall reverted to HD for weeks and returned as Dolby Vision/Atmos
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes