Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Soon: Cutie Honey Universe: Complete… ()

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Rambo: The Complete Collector's Set (iTunes)
$9.99
19 hrs ago
Rocky Heavyweight Collection (iTunes)
$29.94
19 hrs ago
Shaun of the Dead (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
DreamWorks 17-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$79.99
 
Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Cliffhanger (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
A Knight's Tale (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
Shazam! (iTunes)
$9.99
 
Venom / Spider-man: Homecoming (iTunes)
$17.99
 
How To Train Your Dragon Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99
 
Rocky (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
Demolition Man (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2019, 04:58 AM   #21
Undeadcow Undeadcow is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Nov 2011
Houston, TX
1855
172
Default

Greatest Showman is definitely a code that never redeemed as UHD since it cannot be redeemed into iTunes and only ever redeemed HD through MA.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #22
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
123
688
68
681
3
55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Greatest Showman is definitely a code that never redeemed as UHD since it cannot be redeemed into iTunes and only ever redeemed HD through MA.
I thought new copies were updated, like all Fox titles.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #23
Fcam7 Fcam7 is offline
Junior Member
 
May 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
I thought new copies were updated, like all Fox titles.
Yeah, it's just weird that I redeem most of my digital codes that come with my 4K physical disc movies through MA and then they usually show up in itunes as 4K. I bought Bohemian Rhaspody and Alien 4K on physical 4k disc and then redeemed the digital codes at MA and they still show up in itunes as 4k. But I did the same with Prometheus, Alien: Covenant, The Greatest Showman and Die Hard and they used to show up in 4K in itunes until last week. Now those four movies are just showing up in HD. So, something changed somewhere recently. I feel like i'm losing it. haha
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 05:14 PM   #24
steve_dave steve_dave is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Nov 2008
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
I thought new copies were updated, like all Fox titles.
No. The only "updated" title was Die Hard and that's hit and miss.

We mention it a lot but somehow it got forgotten: 4ksheet.com

Alien redeems 4K with the old dual redeem code, must be redeemed in iTunes.

The Greatest Showman must be purchased in 4K from a retailer, no code redeems in 4K.

If the Fcam7 is using an Apple TV to confirm 4K then the Apple TV is at fault for reporting the wrong resolution.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:27 PM   #25
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
243
1756
437
616
687
960
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
No. The only "updated" title was Die Hard and that's hit and miss.
I believe there was more than just that one, but most have never been reissued with 4K codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
Alien redeems 4K with the old dual redeem code, must be redeemed in iTunes.
I assume you're referring to "Alien Covenant", and not "Alien", which comes with a 4K code.

I just noticed that 4Ksheet isn't very clear regarding whether or not a re-release of "Alien Covenant" comes with a 4K code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
If the Fcam7 is using an Apple TV to confirm 4K then the Apple TV is at fault for reporting the wrong resolution.
Unless he's using 12.3 beta firmware, and looking at one specific spot, it shouldn't be reporting 4K anywhere on the Apple TV unless he has an SD copy purchased or redeemed on iTunes, which is either a long standing bug, or a crappy advertisement.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:21 PM   #26
unsung122212 unsung122212 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Dec 2012
97
1338
106
2278
277
195
Default

The 4K fox releases before Deadpool probably won't update to 4K since Fox never bothered to differentiate their codes between it coming from BD or 4K release, at least that was what I was told when I contacted them about Murder on the Orient Express (2017) to see if they authorize a 4K redemption since it was still showing HD on ma site. The few that have I think had 4K re-releases where new batches of codes were made for 4K (but not all of the re-releases got the new codes, think Shape of Water is one of those hit or miss ones).

As for Alien Covenant, I don't think it redeems 4K in MA or Vudu, but it has an iTunes option to redeem. So, redeeming in iTunes will give 4K MA porting rights via iTunes redemption.

@Fcam7, Bohemian Rhapsody and Alien 4K codes do redeem 4K in ma, but only BR will 4K on Vudu of the two since Vudu only has alien in HDX to purchase. Also, Prometheus, Alien covenant, Greatest Showman and Die Hard won't redeem in 4K at MA or Vudu. Prometheus (some codes, not including those disc based ones) and Alien Covenant have iTunes redemption option. I don't remember if Die Hard has an iTunes option, but I think it is one of the few fox titles that gives UHD IW from Walmart.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 04:52 AM   #27
Fcam7 Fcam7 is offline
Junior Member
 
May 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsung122212 View Post
The 4K fox releases before Deadpool probably won't update to 4K since Fox never bothered to differentiate their codes between it coming from BD or 4K release, at least that was what I was told when I contacted them about Murder on the Orient Express (2017) to see if they authorize a 4K redemption since it was still showing HD on ma site. The few that have I think had 4K re-releases where new batches of codes were made for 4K (but not all of the re-releases got the new codes, think Shape of Water is one of those hit or miss ones).

As for Alien Covenant, I don't think it redeems 4K in MA or Vudu, but it has an iTunes option to redeem. So, redeeming in iTunes will give 4K MA porting rights via iTunes redemption.

@Fcam7, Bohemian Rhapsody and Alien 4K codes do redeem 4K in ma, but only BR will 4K on Vudu of the two since Vudu only has alien in HDX to purchase. Also, Prometheus, Alien covenant, Greatest Showman and Die Hard won't redeem in 4K at MA or Vudu. Prometheus (some codes, not including those disc based ones) and Alien Covenant have iTunes redemption option. I don't remember if Die Hard has an iTunes option, but I think it is one of the few fox titles that gives UHD IW from Walmart.
Thanks...FOX is a tricky studio when it comes to 4K digital
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:47 AM   #28
Mark-P Mark-P is offline
Junior Member
 
Feb 2012
Portland, OR
Default

Well folks, as of today, Die Hard, Big and Mrs. Doubtfire are no longer available in 4K in iTunes. Coincidence? I think not.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:56 AM   #29
BluBonnet BluBonnet is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
BluBonnet's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-P View Post
Well folks, as of today, Die Hard, Big and Mrs. Doubtfire are no longer available in 4K in iTunes. Coincidence? I think not.
My copies of Big & Die Hard are still 4k. Hope they stay that way!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:03 AM   #30
Admiral Admiral is offline
Active Member
 
Admiral's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Singapore
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-P View Post
Well folks, as of today, Die Hard, Big and Mrs. Doubtfire are no longer available in 4K in iTunes. Coincidence? I think not.
Lots of titles from other studios have reverted to HD recently. I donít think this related to Disney buying Fox.

I expect they will return to 4K at some point.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Majoran (05-14-2019), Undeadcow (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 08:46 AM   #31
whiteberry whiteberry is online now
Power Member
 
Jun 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-P View Post
Well folks, as of today, Die Hard, Big and Mrs. Doubtfire are no longer available in 4K in iTunes.
Same here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:13 PM   #32
PS-RagE PS-RagE is offline
Active Member
 
PS-RagE's Avatar
 
Mar 2019
Canada
11
20
508
1637
759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-P View Post
Well folks, as of today, Die Hard, Big and Mrs. Doubtfire are no longer available in 4K in iTunes. Coincidence? I think not.
Die Hard 2,3,4,5 are all still 4K. Probably just an update again. Great Wall reverted to HD for weeks and returned as Dolby Vision/Atmos
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:09 PM.