Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Soon: Cutie Honey Universe: Complete… ()

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Rambo: The Complete Collector's Set (iTunes)
$9.99
19 hrs ago
Rocky Heavyweight Collection (iTunes)
$29.94
19 hrs ago
Shaun of the Dead (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
DreamWorks 17-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$79.99

Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Cliffhanger (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
A Knight's Tale (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
Shazam! (iTunes)
$9.99

Venom / Spider-man: Homecoming (iTunes)
$17.99

How To Train Your Dragon Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Rocky (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
Demolition Man (iTunes)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 04-05-2019, 01:41 AM   #41

Oct 2010
IL, USA

No, it will impact ALL codes, at least in my experience. I had some codes from months back which were partially redeemed, and if either VUDU or Google was redeemed, the HBO site won't recognize the code. Of course VUDU can still probably be redeemed directly for such codes, but Google cannot.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:19 AM   #42
Special Member

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4DVD View Post
No, it will impact ALL codes, at least in my experience. I had some codes from months back which were partially redeemed, and if either VUDU or Google was redeemed, the HBO site won't recognize the code. Of course VUDU can still probably be redeemed directly for such codes, but Google cannot.
yup. experiencing the same thing.

The moment any part of the HBO code is redeemed (regardless of how or where) equals HBODigital reporting the entire code is burnt. While the GooglePlay portion is lost because the only way to generate that code is from the HBODigital site.
Important: If GooglePlay is redeemed first it may burn the vudu and itunes portion of the code. Save the google play url for the last redeem.

Method to Maximize your HBO redeems as of 04/19:

1) Log out of Google Play. Visit HBODigital, generate the Google Play redeem url, save it, do not redeem GooglePlay yet.
* you will need to remove the "flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=ServiceLogin " from the saved url end (after the &)

2) First actual redeem should be Vudu or iTunes directly into those providers.
* At this point HBODigital will now report the code as being used and no redeems left.

3) The second redeem should be the Vudu or iTunes portion you have not used yet directly into that provider.

4) Last, now you can use the saved Google Play url link, redeeming the 3rd part of the hbo code.
Important: If GooglePlay is redeemed first it may burn the vudu and itunes portion of the code. Save the google play url for the last redeem.

While this method works as of 04/19, it could change in the future or not work at all. Seeing that HBO (warner) appears to working towards making these 1 redeem codes.

**As of mid July, starting with From the Earth to the Moon, new HBO codes appear to be Vudu only. No iTunes, No GooglePlay.**
Source: vraytchev 08/07/19

As of 09/19: It has been reported True Detective season 3 still is offering multiple redemptions. Source: jrod8

Not all new codes are limited to the Vudu Only 1 redeem. It depends on the title (thanks WB.. like this wasn't already difficult to keep track of)

Last edited by p w; 09-15-2019 at 12:44 AM.
Thanks given by:
bigjim25 (04-28-2019), Bobcat2112 (04-09-2019), Carlanga (08-27-2019), Dn862004 (08-08-2019), knives>ramona (04-17-2019), ploog (04-08-2019), TheBrightKnight (04-17-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 12:57 AM   #43

May 2019

I have codes that showed previously that GP was available (after Vudu/UV and iTunes were used), but now shows nothing.
Old 06-23-2019, 02:32 AM   #44
Special Member

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysontyrees View Post
I have codes that showed previously that GP was available (after Vudu/UV and iTunes were used), but now shows nothing.
yup, you'll find all the information you need in this thread, that is a known issue now. warner made a change a few months back.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:03 PM   #45

Oct 2010

As of mid July, starting with From the Earth to the Moon, new HBO codes appear to be Vudu only. No iTunes, No GooglePlay. I tried the latest Strike Back Season 6 yesterday and the same thing, Vudu only. Other providers do not show up as options and plugging the code into iTunes does not work. I guess the days of multiple (even two) redemptions of HBO codes are gone, and since they are not part of MovieAnywhere, it really sucks when you have many seasons of a series in both Vudu and iTunes, the later season to be Vudu only, orphaning iTunes. I guess, we should consider it lucky they are even offering a code at all, as I am sure then next step will be no codes with the physical discs (most of their series don't even get physical releases of later seasons anymore either Divocer (only season 1), Barry (only season 1), Insecure (only season 1), Getting On (only season 1 and 2), Silicon Valley (abandon Blu-ray and only DVD), Veep (seasons 1-6, no season 7 for months now) and the list keeps growing). Unless you are Game of Thrones, everything new has been toast. At least they should complete Veep's last season on blu-ray, but that is wishful thinking.
Thanks given by:
jbloggs (08-21-2019), p w (08-07-2019), ploog (08-21-2019), Undeadcow (08-07-2019)
Old 08-07-2019, 06:05 PM   #46

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraytchev View Post
As of mid July, starting with From the Earth to the Moon, new HBO codes appear to be Vudu only. No iTunes, No GooglePlay. I tried the latest Strike Back Season 6 yesterday and the same thing, Vudu only. Other providers do not show up as options and plugging the code into iTunes does not work. I guess the days of multiple (even two) redemptions of HBO codes are gone, and since they are not part of MovieAnywhere, it really sucks when you have many seasons of a series in both Vudu and iTunes, the later season to be Vudu only, orphaning iTunes. I guess, we should consider it lucky they are even offering a code at all, as I am sure then next step will be no codes with the physical discs (most of their series don't even get physical releases of later seasons anymore either Divocer (only season 1), Barry (only season 1), Insecure (only season 1), Getting On (only season 1 and 2), Silicon Valley (abandon Blu-ray and only DVD), Veep (seasons 1-6, no season 7 for months now) and the list keeps growing). Unless you are Game of Thrones, everything new has been toast. At least they should complete Veep's last season on blu-ray, but that is wishful thinking.
So GOT Season 8 will probably be Vudu only?
Old 08-07-2019, 06:07 PM   #47
Special Member

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraytchev View Post
that sucks. i'll update the work around.
Thanks given by:
ploog (08-21-2019)
Old 08-21-2019, 12:46 AM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Miami, FL.
Send a message via AIM to laz305 Send a message via MSN to laz305 Send a message via Yahoo to laz305

Now I see this and I just redeemed my Newsroom S3 yesterday Thanks tho
Old 08-21-2019, 02:14 AM   #49

Oct 2008
Aloha State

How about old HBO codes say like The Sopranos? Will that also only redeem in Vudu now?
Old 08-21-2019, 01:32 PM   #50

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayonara808 View Post
How about old HBO codes say like The Sopranos? Will that also only redeem in Vudu now?
Codes released prior to the above discs are still working per the stated workaround*, above. (i.e. extract the Google Play code first) Just be aware that there are some Sopranos Complete Series codes floating around that are from a VUDU promo, so they're VUDU codes and not HBO ... and so will only redeem to VUDU. These codes are the typical length for a VUDU code, 16 characters, and start with a "VTSS" prefix. Oh, I've also seen True Blood Complete Series VUDU codes, as well, with a prefix of "VTBS.")

* p.s. Speaking of the workaround, why keep the whole URL when just the GP code is needed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by p w View Post
1) Log out of Google Play. Visit HBODigital, generate the Google Play redeem url, save it, do not redeem GooglePlay yet.
* you will need to remove the "flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=ServiceLogin " from the saved url end (after the &)
I copy the URL but save and verify just the text associated with the "code" parameter, ignoring the "%xx" URL character codes. For example, keeping just "1BXXXXXXX4G7LUGW9Z2506V" from:
%3Fcode%3D1BXXXXXXX4G7LUGW9Z2506V%26payload%3D

(which decodes as: "?code=1BXXXXXXX4G7LUGW9Z2506V&payload=")
Step 1b, for me, is always verifying that the extracted code is valid via the GP Redeem dialog: http://play.google.com/redeem

Last edited by ploog; 08-21-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Thanks given by:
Greyman (08-21-2019), jbloggs (08-21-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 10:56 PM   #51

Jun 2019

Does The Wire have 3 redeems?
Old 09-08-2019, 10:58 PM   #52
Expert Member

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8mak View Post
Does The Wire have 3 redeems?
If done correctly yes.
Thanks given by:
ploog (09-09-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 05:02 PM   #53

Oct 2010
IL, USA

@ploog how do you verify that the Google Play code is valid? I extracted/copied the whole URL...I can extract the code as well from it. But, how do we validate it is a valid code without redeeming it? Google Play asks to sign in first...
Old 09-15-2019, 12:57 AM   #54
Special Member

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4DVD View Post
@ploog how do you verify that the Google Play code is valid? I extracted/copied the whole URL...I can extract the code as well from it. But, how do we validate it is a valid code without redeeming it? Google Play asks to sign in first...
you cant validate a GP code without logging into google play and risking a redeem. in theory you can back out of a google play redeem before you accept it. however many times those codes get assigned a token that locks to your account even when you didnt hit the final redeem button. so the code will be unredeemed on your googleplay account and yet assigned to it. so in practice: you never want to test a googleplay code on google or when signed into google.

you just have to trust as being the owner of the slip and redeeming the GP code last, it will work. unfortunately GP isnt the most common redemption service inside the usa, its growing outside of the usa thanks to the end of UV. so you can run into trade partners who attempt to use GP and dont know how to use gp properly. once had a guy swear he couldnt make a GP code work on his phone, on an off chance i asked him, "are you on an android phone or an iphone?" he responded, "iphone."
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies