Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

DreamWorks 17-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$79.99

Shazam! (iTunes)
$9.99

How To Train Your Dragon Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Venom / Spider-man: Homecoming (iTunes)
$17.99

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (iTunes)
$9.99

The Silence of the Lambs (iTunes)
$4.99

Spaceballs (iTunes)
$4.99

The Dark Knight Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Doctor Who, Season 11 (iTunes)
$9.99

Mad Max (iTunes)
$4.99

The Amazing Spider-Man Double Feature (iTunes)
$12.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Old 06-19-2019, 01:12 AM   #1

Jan 2018
-
-
Default Cinderella in iTunes library

I feel like I'm going crazy, but I used to have Cinderella as a digital copy in my library... there was a new version released today and I checked to see if I had the outdated one still, and now I have none. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 06-19-2019, 06:46 AM   #2

Apr 2017
UK

Where are you looking though? TV app library or Movies Purchased section?(if of course your using an ATV)
If ATV then have a look in the Movies app and check the Purchased section as quite often what doesn’t show in the TV App still shows up in the Movies app.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:54 AM   #3

Jan 2018
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
Where are you looking though? TV app library or Movies Purchased section?(if of course your using an ATV)
If ATV then have a look in the Movies app and check the Purchased section as quite often what doesn’t show in the TV App still shows up in the Movies app.
Both, it's just gone. Not in hidden section either.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:50 AM   #4

Oct 2016

In the TV App, when I do a search and type in the name, nothing shows. When I go to Library>Movies and scroll down, it shows up. Same for you that way?
I think it has something to do with the old one being ‘Vaulted.’
Old 06-19-2019, 11:06 AM   #5
Power Member

May 2010
-
-
-

I have a few movies that got re-issued (just new subtitles added) which affects streaming - on my AppleTV I can only stream from the library and on other devices I can only download them.

I’ve never had a movie removed from my library though.

I would advise finding contact with the section of Disney customer support that deals with digital.

Have you contacted iTunes support? There might be an easy solution to it?
Old 06-19-2019, 12:53 PM   #6

Jan 2018
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyparker84 View Post
In the TV App, when I do a search and type in the name, nothing shows. When I go to Library>Movies and scroll down, it shows up. Same for you that way?
I think it has something to do with the old one being ‘Vaulted.’
Not there either for me, gone from MA as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post
I have a few movies that got re-issued (just new subtitles added) which affects streaming - on my AppleTV I can only stream from the library and on other devices I can only download them.

I’ve never had a movie removed from my library though.

I would advise finding contact with the section of Disney customer support that deals with digital.

Have you contacted iTunes support? There might be an easy solution to it?
Will I have an easier time contacting Disney or iTunes? Apple is always extremely unhelpful. I wonder why it seems to be only me missing it.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #7

Apr 2017
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicgenre View Post

Will I have an easier time contacting Disney or iTunes? Apple is always extremely unhelpful. I wonder why it seems to be only me missing it.
A bit of a long shot but have you tried logging out of your AppleID and logging back in again?
If it’s gone from iTunes and MA then do you have any proof it was there to begin with?
Is it listed in your MA Transaction history? If it does then that’s at least one avenue to pursue with MA.
Thanks given by:
comicgenre (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 01:11 PM   #8

Oct 2016

Yeah, that’s weird. Mine updated this weekend by adding the new bonus features from the new release. No reason why yours shouldn’t have, either.

I’ve always had luck with Disney Support, they usually respond within the day:
https://www.disneystudioshelp.com/contact-dch.html
Thanks given by:
comicgenre (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 01:22 PM   #9
Expert Member

Oct 2017

Mine copy ported over from DMC to MA a long time ago, and it still available for me to watch. However, if I just search in the iTunes Store...it wants me to purchase for $19.99.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:17 PM   #10

Oct 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by turns2stone View Post
Mine copy ported over from DMC to MA a long time ago, and it still available for me to watch. However, if I just search in the iTunes Store...it wants me to purchase for $19.99.
There are two listings for it now.

The old one you have is the ‘Diamond’ edition, you should be able to find it in the TV App>Library>Movies (scroll to find, don’t search by name). It won’t show up in the iTunes Store by searching, since it went back in the Disney Vault.

The new one is the ‘Signature’ edition, that’s the one that shows up for purchase.
Thanks given by:
turns2stone (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 02:36 PM   #11
Expert Member

Oct 2017

Quote:
There are two listings for it now.

The old one you have is the ‘Diamond’ edition, you should be able to find it in the TV App>Library>Movies (scroll to find, don’t search by name). It won’t show up in the iTunes Store by searching, since it went back in the Disney Vault.

The new one is the ‘Signature’ edition, that’s the one that shows up for purchase.
I wonder how long the Diamond edition will stay in my iTunes to stream/download?
Old 06-19-2019, 03:05 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by turns2stone View Post
I wonder how long the Diamond edition will stay in my iTunes to stream/download?
Should be decades.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:27 PM   #13
Power Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:

I thought someone else was missing it too?

iTunes tech support are good but 95% of the time you’ll be put through to iTunes billing no matter what option you pick in the support pages.

If it really is just you then it might be a problem for Apple
Old 06-20-2019, 10:46 AM   #14

Jan 2018
-
-

Okay, it's not anywhere including my purchase history for MA or iTunes. BUT, I saved all of my old .mp4 iTunes movies on a hard drive before the cloud was a thing, and sure enough, there it is. I thought I was going crazy. What do I do with this? Clearly I had it, I have no clue why it was erased from my entire history; like they decided I in fact did NOT have it in the cloud and wiped all trace.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:39 AM   #15
3D Moderator

Jul 2007
Oh I come from a land, from a faraway place...

I still have this title in my library in iTunes and Movies Anywhere and Vudu. I redeemed the digital copy disc back in the day in iTunes. If you still have the digital copy disc with the code sheet contact Disney and they will sort it out for you.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:45 AM   #16

Oct 2016

Do you have a a Disney Movie Rewards account? If so, have you checked the ‘Points Earned’ history? If it’s in there, that would be proof that you had it once you opened a help request.

Any other streaming retailers connected to MA that you could check the transaction history?

Do you remember if the code you redeemed was split? Where someone else redeemed the points and you redeemed the digital copy? I’ve heard of purging titles before, because of that.
Thanks given by:
comicgenre (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 12:39 PM   #17
Power Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Okay, it's not anywhere including my purchase history for MA or iTunes. BUT, I saved all of my old .mp4 iTunes movies on a hard drive before the cloud was a thing, and sure enough, there it is. I thought I was going crazy. What do I do with this? Clearly I had it, I have no clue why it was erased from my entire history; like they decided I in fact did NOT have it in the cloud and wiped all trace.
When you say it is gone from your purchase history do you mean it doesn't show in the Purchased section of the iTunes Store?
Or do you in the View My Account section and that the actual receipt is gone?
Old 06-20-2019, 01:20 PM   #18

Jan 2018
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post
When you say it is gone from your purchase history do you mean it doesn't show in the Purchased section of the iTunes Store?
Or do you in the View My Account section and that the actual receipt is gone?
Correct, neither, but I can't remember when it was redeemed as it was just a blu-ray code.

Quote:
Do you have a a Disney Movie Rewards account? If so, have you checked the ‘Points Earned’ history? If it’s in there, that would be proof that you had it once you opened a help request.

Any other streaming retailers connected to MA that you could check the transaction history?

Do you remember if the code you redeemed was split? Where someone else redeemed the points and you redeemed the digital copy? I’ve heard of purging titles before, because of that.
That had to be it, that's definitely a possibility as I recall buying the code somewhere. That seems awful to me that they could take it away, as I'm the one who put the movie code in. Who knows what else I'll lose, as I might have sold the other half of some of my DCs, myself.

Although I can't recall how the dual thing worked; if BOTH people got a copy of the digital movie, and who thus ends up keeping it, etc.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:03 PM   #19

Apr 2017
UK

Quote:
That had to be it, that's definitely a possibility as I recall buying the code somewhere. That seems awful to me that they could take it away, as I'm the one who put the movie code in.
But then on the flip side of that technically we’re not really supposed to be able to buy and sell codes so they could argue you’ve had something you weren’t entitled to in the first place.
I know we all do it but it’s one of those risks we take to get the movies we want in the cheapest way possible.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:54 PM   #20
Power Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Correct, neither, but I can't remember when it was redeemed as it was just a blu-ray code.
It is a pain navigating the Purchasing History when you don’t know the dates.

I don’t remember the the details but someone told me that Apple said they can’t remove items from the Purchase History. I have apps still listed that aren’t even available anymore.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes