Best Xbox 360 Game Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »
Prime: Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collect… $44.99 (73% claimed)
Prime: Fraggle Rock: The Complete Ser… $27.99 (67% claimed)
Prime: Mortal Engines 4K $12.99 (50% claimed)
Prime: Sailor Moon Super S The Movie $15.99 (29% claimed)
Prime: The House with a Clock in Its … $9.99 (4 hours left)
Prime: Labyrinth 4K (30th Anniversary… $17.06 (22% claimed)
Prime: Apollo 11 $12.99 (20% claimed)
Prime: Sicario: Day of the Soldado 4K $14.99 (5 hours left)
Prime: Full Metal Panic!: Anime Class… $19.99 (14% claimed)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
NeverDead (Xbox 360)
$17.66

UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 (Xbox 360)
$5.66

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
$19.99

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition (Xbox 360)
$19.99

Sonic Unleashed (Xbox 360)
$12.20

Bakugan Battle Brawlers (Xbox 360)
$36.90

Fable: The Journey (Xbox 360)
$17.51

Need for Speed Most Wanted (Xbox 360)
$16.99

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Xbox 360)
$13.55

The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout (Xbox 360)
$29.99

The Saboteur (Xbox 360)
$25.48

NBA 2K9 (Xbox 360)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox 360

Old 02-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas
Default Mass Effect

Have a question on Mass Effect. I've never played the first one and created my character in the second one. Anyway, with the 3rd one coming out soon, I thought I'd go back and play 1 but I'm not sure if I can use that character or have to start from scratch?
Old 02-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #2

Dec 2009

You mean import the save from Mass 2 to Mass 1? Or Mass 1 to Mass 3? You should be able to from Mass 1 to Mass 3 I believe.

I like how the POP at GS states "Game for the experienced gamer and newcomer" You do not need saves from Mass 1 or Mass 2 to enjoy the game. Which is true but it brings more of your own story as it's the Shepard you created and have carried though two games. To not have him and start from new would suck.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Your first response neoz, use the character I created in 2 in 1 or will I have to basically start from square one. I know the graphics aren't are great on the first one, but I like how my character resembles me in the 2nd one and would like to use him.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:29 AM   #4

Dec 2009

I don't think you can carry over your save from 2 to 1, so you'll probably have to start all over again bud. As far as I know it only works 1 to 2 and then it'll be 2 to 3 and maybe 1 to 3.

As here is come reading material.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Save_File_Transfer

Doesn't look like Mass 1 will be able to transfer to Mass 3. Only in progression, so Mass 2 saves only it looks like.

Last edited by neoz; 02-08-2012 at 02:38 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Yep, get to start over again. Too tired to do this tonight. Worse case scenerio I'll have my wife create my character. I believe she did that when I lost my original character, which looked like a Hollywood version of me. I'll read that link tomorrow and thanks.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Thanks again for that link neoz. I just read up on things and got the gist of things. I'm trying to wrap up my ME2 gameplay before I go back to the beginning. Seems I don't have enough time to play both right now. I like the way I break codes, door and safe's in this one. Apparently my only choices is deal with that fast ass code breaker or blow up things to access things in ME. I wonder if the ME3 demo went live today? I had heard they were having some issues and postpone it according to their Facebook page.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #7

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Thanks again for that link neoz. I just read up on things and got the gist of things. I'm trying to wrap up my ME2 gameplay before I go back to the beginning. Seems I don't have enough time to play both right now. I like the way I break codes, door and safe's in this one. Apparently my only choices is deal with that fast ass code breaker or blow up things to access things in ME. I wonder if the ME3 demo went live today? I had heard they were having some issues and postpone it according to their Facebook page.
I DL it this morning and I love it. Bring on March.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Thanks, it is weird. Some of the 360 folks are posting in the PS3 thread for whatever reason I've downloaded it on both of my consoles, but haven't had a chance to play. Haven't decided if I'm just playing the set up or customize my character. Played a little bit of 1 last night. Man that easy decoding is becoming a *****. I think I need to melt some stuff down to plastique because I'm not fast enough to always hit the right letters How do the graphics look on this one neoz? With both games their seemed room for improvement.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:16 AM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

OK, have a question on the Homecoming side mission. Is there a way to convince the husband to let them run the tests that will result in paragon? Right now my renegade is the only option it is giving me. I'm also wondering if these tests will help in the next game or it doesn't really matter?
Old 08-09-2016, 05:18 AM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Sorry to resurrect ancient thread but I didn't know whether to create a new thread and where to put that thread and UGH I'm at my wits end. Not with that - with the question I am about to ask that I hope to God someone can answer for me because I've been googling for hours and coming up with no straight answers.

So, I bought my 360 and made a LOCAL Gamertag (that part is really really important) now for whatever reason Microsoft do not allow local Gamertags to be upgraded to Live accounts so you have to make a separate Live account, download DLC through that onto the harddrive. ****ing stupid.

Now I've read mixed reports that say that if you download it via Live, switch back to your Local profile you can still use the DLC that is on the hardrive others say it's linked to the tag not the harddrive.

The problem is that the game I'm trying to get DLC for - Mass Effect 3 - doesn't provide a clear answer on this. If I log into my Live tag I can see the DLC checked off under the "DLC" option in the menu. However on my local tag I cannot log into EA servers because of the ****ing local can't be upgraded design so I have no way of checking whether the DLC is actually installed. I can't even just start using the Live tag as everything is saved against my local tag. I don't wanna pay the fifty or whatever quid all the DLC costs to find out I can't use any of it but apparently the only way I can find out if it's loaded is if I see extra missions added to the journal.

Ugh, feel like I'm gonna pull my hair out. Why make it so hard for me to give them my money?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox 360