Best Xbox 360 Game Deals

Best Xbox 360 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: The Buster Keaton Collection: … $12.99 (1 hour left)
Now: Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (… $14.49 (2 hours left)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
NeverDead (Xbox 360)
$17.37

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
$19.99

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition (Xbox 360)
$13.96

Sonic Unleashed (Xbox 360)
$12.20

Brutal Legend (Xbox 360)
$19.99

Bakugan Battle Brawlers (Xbox 360)
$36.70

Fable: The Journey (Xbox 360)
$17.12

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Xbox 360)
$13.55

The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout (Xbox 360)
$22.54

NBA 2K9 (Xbox 360)
$29.99

Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
$11.85

Fallout 3 (Xbox 360)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox 360

Old 08-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
Power Member

Mar 2008
Default Fallout 3 Limited edition

I have never played a fallout game...i am more a sports gamer...BUT i seen the limited edition of fallout 3 for 29 dollars...is it worth it now since its been out for a while? It is the xbox 360 version.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007
Reducing Your Planet To A Burned Out Cinder

If you like RPG Fallout 3 is one of the best and worth the price. you will also want to get the game guide it will make it easier to play
Old 08-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Limbo (Bakersfield, Ca.)

i never played fallout until i played fallout 3. having played oblivion for hundreds of hrs i was ready for fo3. you will need to have some patience though, some have felt that it was boring for whatever reason. i also recommend getting a guide but wait to look through it after the first few hrs of playing. if your like me, you wouldnt want to ruin anything from seeing it in the guide. i wait till my 2nd or 3rd playthrough before i crack it open.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The empire state

If the op is talking about the one that comes with the lunch box, I paid $50 shipped for a sealed one on ebay a few months back and I thought I got a great deal. So if he's talking about the one I have, and it's sealed, $29 is basically giving it away.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

I've tried playing Fallout 3 but I can't get into it to save my life. YMMV.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #6
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I've tried playing Fallout 3 but I can't get into it to save my life. YMMV.
good lord! greatest game ever made
Old 08-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #7
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...

"Fallout 3" is probably my favorite game. I must have spent over 200 hours on it. I'm not sure how enticing it will be for a sports gamer, or to folks who are used to conventional FPSes. This is an RPG, so it is very involving and time-consuming.

I must have paid $70 for my LE, brand-new. The lunchbox is being used to store recipies, the bobblehead is on my desk, and the artbook is looking slick on my shelf. $29 should be a steal for all that. The only problem is, unless you happen to find the GOTY edition inside, it probably won't have any of the add-ons.

I personally didn't need a guide, but to find all the collectables and secrets, I did use wikicheats and the Fallout wiki, and it helped a lot. Both those sites should be decent alternatives if you don't want to spend money on a book.

Go for it.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
good lord! greatest game ever made
I guess RPGs just aren't my thing.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Sorry to resurrect ancient thread, but this is the only Fallout 3 thread I could find in the 360 forum. Picked up a 360 again a few weeks ago as the PS4 has no games I want to play/or can afford and I have been missing a lot of my childhood favourites lately so it all made sense.

My main focus on the console right now is this game as compared to some of the other games on the console I've played, this game really has held up. It's almost a decade old, but with a bit of graphical polish, you'd think it would have come out yesterday. I wish I could say that about more 360 games I've revisited. But it speaks fondly of the ambition of this project.

I have to say though, I'm really not enjoying it as much as I remember doing when I was younger. I get that this is a post-apocalypse but I'm only up to the GNR parts and already the game is really wearing me down with the whole "war of attrition" thing with limited supplies and constantly breaking weapons. Can't I get an ease in period? I had to turn the difficulty right down in the end. No shame.

Also, I get that it is Fallout but I often find myself more interested in what happened before the game started than what I'm actually playing. Walking through the same grey ruins, being told about a history much richer than the remnants of what is around me. Where is my Fallout game set at the height of the retro-futuristic 50s where everyone is high strung on paranoia and fear at the looming Nuclear war as Vault-Tec sneak around indoctrinating people into their social experiments? That is the game I want.
Thanks given by:
Andy Rampage (04-04-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 05:56 PM   #10
Special Member

Mar 2017
Chicago, IL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzamorg View Post
Sorry to resurrect ancient thread, but this is the only Fallout 3 thread I could find in the 360 forum. Picked up a 360 again a few weeks ago as the PS4 has no games I want to play/or can afford and I have been missing a lot of my childhood favourites lately so it all made sense.

My main focus on the console right now is this game as compared to some of the other games on the console I've played, this game really has held up. It's almost a decade old, but with a bit of graphical polish, you'd think it would have come out yesterday. I wish I could say that about more 360 games I've revisited. But it speaks fondly of the ambition of this project.

I have to say though, I'm really not enjoying it as much as I remember doing when I was younger. I get that this is a post-apocalypse but I'm only up to the GNR parts and already the game is really wearing me down with the whole "war of attrition" thing with limited supplies and constantly breaking weapons. Can't I get an ease in period? I had to turn the difficulty right down in the end. No shame.

Also, I get that it is Fallout but I often find myself more interested in what happened before the game started than what I'm actually playing. Walking through the same grey ruins, being told about a history much richer than the remnants of what is around me. Where is my Fallout game set at the height of the retro-futuristic 50s where everyone is high strung on paranoia and fear at the looming Nuclear war as Vault-Tec sneak around indoctrinating people into their social experiments? That is the game I want.
i find myself doing the very same thing.. as i am "Bored senseless" with my X-BOX ONE (except as a player of Blus) & my whopping THREE Games for it..
I DO NOT expect i will have the same response as You did (even after some time) with F.3. Like others here, i also feel this just might have been ONE Of (if not THE) BEST the 360 had to 'offer'.. that is solely my opinion though..

As for FALLOUT History, You may want to check-out the prev. titles, i believe that "History", mythos, what have You.. have ben trickling into these current titles.. You may be disappointed though.. they play "over the shoulder like RPG's Of Old..
Thanks given by:
Pizzamorg (04-03-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 10:46 PM   #11
Special Member

Mar 2017
Chicago, IL.
Thumbs up

In fact i've have been meaning to 'dust-off' my copy Of FALLOUT 3..
Thanks for the reminder!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox 360