Best Xbox 360 Game Deals

Best Xbox 360 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
NeverDead (Xbox 360)
$17.35

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
$10.93
14 hrs ago
L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
$19.99

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition (Xbox 360)
$13.96

Sonic Unleashed (Xbox 360)
$12.20

Bakugan Battle Brawlers (Xbox 360)
$36.90

Fable: The Journey (Xbox 360)
$17.51

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Xbox 360)
$13.55

The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout (Xbox 360)
$29.99

NBA 2K9 (Xbox 360)
$29.99

Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
$11.85

Fallout 3 (Xbox 360)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox 360

Old 04-24-2014, 10:27 PM   #21
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

Well I'm thinking I'll see what happens if I plug my 360 into my router either tonight or once I get back from vacation. It only seems to be my downstairs console that is loading slow. I'll try and describe what I'm running into. I turn on the 360->The XBox logo appears->then for several minutes I'm stuck on a grey screen with the cycling circle rotating around->eventually I'm signed into the console, but occasionally I have to manually have to sign into Live. If you'd like I can record it if my description isn't clear. I will say that this is only with my downstairs 360 slim. So I don't think it is a corrupted GT or any of the other things I've read online.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:18 PM   #22

Dec 2009

On the slim? I had that issue and it was something in the console itself. I think their is cable or wire that connects to the HDD then again it started when the console couldn't read disc as well. On my fat when I kept getting disc read problems it would lag on the start screen as well.
I can tell you that right before the slim went dead, it was having HDD issues.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:41 AM   #23
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Well it doesn't seem as bad as yesterday. So here's another hypothetical, is it possibly the Cloud loading up that is causing the slight delay? If not and it is what you think it is, what does it cost to have Microsoft look at it and is it worth it or just get a One or PS4?
Old 04-25-2014, 05:20 AM   #24

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Well it doesn't seem as bad as yesterday. So here's another hypothetical, is it possibly the Cloud loading up that is causing the slight delay? If not and it is what you think it is, what does it cost to have Microsoft look at it and is it worth it or just get a One or PS4?
Never thought about the Cloud, have you tried clearing your cache at all? That may help it may not. As far as MS, it all depends. They wanted $99 to fix mine since it was out of warranty.
As far as next gen consoles. I played the both and don't like the PS4. While the Xbox One didn't fair any better in all honesty. I haven't bought one but I'm probably going to get the Xbox One. Most of my friends all have Xbox 360/Ones. Also there isn't anything on PS4 I want to play. Not a fan of any of the games they have put out. Mind you I owned PS system in the past. Even had a PS3 but sold it because it was basically just a blu ray player.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:02 AM   #25
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

I did clear out my cache on my 360, but not on anything else, i.e. flash drive or cloud. As far as consoles, that's kind of my way of thinking too. I know you and I have talked about this in the past, but my backlog of games is pretty extensive at the moment. So if this one peters out, I might wait and see if the prices drop or they release a better exclusive console. Hopefully by then I have my flatscreen mounted to the wall like I'd like.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #26
Special Member

Aug 2013
Sugar Land, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
As far as next gen consoles. I played the both and don't like the PS4. While the Xbox One didn't fair any better in all honesty. I haven't bought one but I'm probably going to get the Xbox One. Most of my friends all have Xbox 360/Ones. Also there isn't anything on PS4 I want to play. Not a fan of any of the games they have put out. Mind you I owned PS system in the past. Even had a PS3 but sold it because it was basically just a blu ray player.
Overall, I think the Xbox One has better games currently. Dead Rising 3 (surprisingly the best game in the series), Ryse, Forza 5. and Titanfall are excellent games. For the exclusives on my PS4, I have Killzone Shadow Fall and Infamous Second Son (actually just traded it in) - not terrible games, but easily the worst of their respective series. I do think the OS of the PS4 is better and less confusing to navigate than the Xbox One and 3rd party games are going to have an edge on the PS4.

As far as what Donster should do, well, if you still have a lot of 360 games to play through, I'd replace that system and wait on next gen. You're not missing that much by waiting. These new consoles are still missing a lot of features. I'm really annoyed that Microsoft STILL hasn't added the ability to play custom soundtracks with MP3's, which is something that both the original Xbox and Xbox 360 can do. I think the first "must have" game for next gen consoles is going to be Batman Arkham Knight, coming out this fall and you can easily wait on that since it's strictly single player.

Last edited by PrestigeWorldwide; 04-25-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:09 PM   #27

Dec 2009

The game that I'm looking forward to the most on the XB1 would be The District and Elder Scrolls online. I play a lot of single player as well but I play a lot online a lot with friends. FPS's are getting old after awhile.

I agree with Prestige, it would be better to wait to see what the newer systems have to offer. And it might be cheaper just to try and get a refurb 360 if you want to go that route. I'm keeping my 360 because there are a lot of games I need to finish and I still enjoy playing every now and then.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:02 PM   #28
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

I think that's the joy of having two consoles and a backlog. Even if one peters out, I still have the one upstairs. I definitely don't feel a sense of urgency at the moment. Of course that might change once Halo 5 hits On my issues, I'm thinking it was Live issue. The only thing I did differently today was just turn it on and then plug the USB in. Didn't seem to take as long.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox 360