Best Xbox 360 Game Deals

Best Xbox 360 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
NeverDead (Xbox 360)
$16.68

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
$19.99

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition (Xbox 360)
$13.95

Sonic Unleashed (Xbox 360)
$12.20

Brutal Legend (Xbox 360)
$19.99

Bakugan Battle Brawlers (Xbox 360)
$36.70

Fable: The Journey (Xbox 360)
$17.12

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Xbox 360)
$13.55

The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout (Xbox 360)
$22.54

NBA 2K9 (Xbox 360)
$29.99

Fallout 3 (Xbox 360)
$9.99

Sonic Generations (Xbox 360)
$13.85

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox 360

Old 02-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #21

Jan 2011
Michigan

the next one isn't due until Christmas 2013. so go for it. you have nearly 2 years
Old 02-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #22
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

I think that consoles can be compared to a new car. Don't buy the first year the remodel comes out, wait a year and let them work the kinks out. Now I know, a console is a little different since it isn't a 20,0000+ expense, but everything is still in the planning stage or in the preliminary phase of production. So why wait on a wish and just enjoy a 360 slim now. I actually have two and I'm not sweating it at the moment. I buy games I like to play, my xbox Live is good until next year and I'm having fun. Which is why I say just get one now and let us know if you like it once you do.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
Hello

I've never tried the xbox 360 (or the original for that matter) but I'm getting curious to be honest..

the reason that is making it harder to just go and get one, like how I bought a wii months ago even though the wii u isn't that far away, is that I can't think of many exclusives that I'd love to try out, other than Alan Awake

so can any one lists some reasons and help me decide?
Its no secret the XBOX 360 initially had issues with overheating, despite the fact that some of those issues were user-related by putting the XBOX inside a cabinet and closing the doors (don't, you want a good amount of air flow to the unit) as well as other problems such as faulty DVD-ROM drives which caused scratches in game discs, etc., but the latest version has improved greatly in many aspects, running cooler, slimmer design, etc. The rumors of the next XBOX coming out late next year are probably more factual than rumors, it would not surprise me to see the unit launch in October or November 2013. The flip side is Microsoft is not going to want to make the same mistake with their next generation console, with the competition out there, they want to be #1 in the gaming console arena, but there is no doubt it will have some problems right out of the gate, and more than likely the other consoles will too.

Game wise, I feel the selection on the XBOX 360 is far better than the PS3, but the PS3 is a good system, especially for it's Blu-ray functionality even though I personally would not buy one. I highly recommend Alan Wake, that was an incredible game and the developers did an amazing job recreating the Pacific Northwest, as I am from there, and it makes you feel like you are indeed up in the mountains, etc. If you get on XBOX Live, download demos of games, so you can try them out before you buy, read up on the gaming sites, etc, because there are a lot of games that turn out to be duds, but games like Alan Wake you will enjoy and you can find it fairly cheap now too.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by menaceuk View Post
I assume you mean the RROD problem. I seriously doubt MS will make a similar mistake again. If they do they will kill their future consoles.
Sorry for the late reply. Forgot I had posted in here.

Listen, saying it would kill the future system is silly in it's own right. Far too many people are heavily invested in Microsoft console gaming and it's not going to suddenly die off.

If you don't think there will be issues with the first wave of the system then there is also the cost consideration. The next xbox will cost far more when first released then if you wait a year. I know this for a fact as I have been buying gaming systems since before gaming became a past time for most house holds.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by -RONIN- View Post
Sorry for the late reply. Forgot I had posted in here.

Listen, saying it would kill the future system is silly in it's own right. Far too many people are heavily invested in Microsoft console gaming and it's not going to suddenly die off.
Think of it more as a Figure of speech.

It doesn't literally mean to kill the system but rather put serious doubts in the minds of gamers, Which it will, 2 systems in a row with major hardware defects would not go down well at all.

Quote:
If you don't think there will be issues with the first wave of the system then there is also the cost consideration. The next xbox will cost far more when first released then if you wait a year. I know this for a fact as I have been buying gaming systems since before gaming became a past time for most house holds.
This is true of all hardware but I am the kind of gamer who likes buying Launch day/week and saving $50-$100 in a years time isn't more appealing to me.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #26

Feb 2012
That's none of your business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menaceuk View Post
This is true of all hardware but I am the kind of gamer who likes buying Launch day/week and saving $50-$100 in a years time isn't more appealing to me.
Same here, I gotta have the new console either on launch day or soon thereafter. Waiting a year to save $100 or less is definitely not even close to worth it. I could see the point of waiting if there were not games available at launch that interested you but to me that would be the only worthwhile reason for waiting.

I don't see Microsoft having the major console issues this next time around. At least I sure hope not because I plan on getting the next XBOX on launch day whenever they come out.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #27
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Canada

Fair enough guys. But the OP obviously isn't a person who needs to be on the cutting edge of the gaming tech or they wouldn't be contemplating purchasing their first 360 6 years after it's launch. I have been replying this whole time with the OP's question in mind and still feel the same way. Buy now and wait out the next system's launch to weed out the bugs and come down in price.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by -RONIN- View Post
Fair enough guys. But the OP obviously isn't a person who needs to be on the cutting edge of the gaming tech or they wouldn't be contemplating purchasing their first 360 6 years after it's launch. I have been replying this whole time with the OP's question in mind and still feel the same way. Buy now and wait out the next system's launch to weed out the bugs and come down in price.

That isn't Obvious. He may very well have got a PS3 day 1 plus he is talking of a new console in the next Gen. I doubt he is going to wait years before getting one.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Oxford

I'm looking at getting a dirt-cheap 360 myself, as the number of cheapo second hand games that were superior on that console during the early years is massive! Looking to basically have the best of both worlds!

Conan, GTA4, Ghostbusters, Gears Of War, Mass Effect 1, the list is huge...
Old 11-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

bump!

I finally decided to get a 360, after work tonight!
the games that I'll get with the system are:
Fable 2, Tales of Vesperia, Alan Awake, Gears of War 3 and Lost Odyssey

edit:

I bought my first 360!

Last edited by Talal86; 11-26-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #31
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
bump!

I finally decided to get a 360, after work tonight!
the games that I'll get with the system are:
Fable 2, Tales of Vesperia, Alan Awake, Gears of War 3 and Lost Odyssey

edit:

I bought my first 360!
Excellent! I bought my first 360 this year also and I am very glad I did. XBOne may be nice and shiny, but the 360 has many excellent games that will never be on new gen (not to mention no Backwards compatibility this time around). I see you bought Fable 2. Another excellent RPG to get in the future would be Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2007

Congrats! Lots of great games for it, and you can't beat the price.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

Yep, great prices on most things. Target has great deals on my games and is my goto place for my 360 needs
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox 360