Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Wildlife (Blu-ray)
$29.49
11 hrs ago
First Reformed (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.26
18 hrs ago
The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 02-16-2020, 01:43 AM   #781
Special Member

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Since people have started buying 4K UHD Blu-rays, it's not necessary to buy or modify a current Blu-ray player to be region free because, 4K UHD discs are already region free.
I wanted that player for the DVD/Blu-Ray region free playback while still being able to play the 4K discs all in one player. I was just wondering if these were USA units or not.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:02 AM   #782
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2016
Eastern Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschreck View Post
Does anyone here know if region free players like this one here:

https://www.220-electronics.com/sony...ti-region.html

are based off of the USA units or international ones? Specifically wondering if this comes with a standard USA wall adapter or if I'll need an international adapter/converter?

Also do these include the remote? I see no pictures or mention of them anywhere.
It will have a remote, there's no way to individually change the region without a remote.
Thanks given by:
Kschreck (02-16-2020)
Old 02-16-2020, 09:19 AM   #783
Special Member

Aug 2009

slimdude yes in a limited way. As long as you only want to watch new release movies in the main and don't mind waiting for the local distribution of a TV series
Old 02-17-2020, 07:11 PM   #784
Special Member

Feb 2012
San Francisco, Ca

Hey folks... I've been perusing the Thread here for an hour or so... I'm curious if you experienced folks have recommendations - I have a few parameters I'd like to see in a 4K Player.

4K, Blu-Ray and DVD. Region Free, of course.
PAL & NTSC
A USB port to play Data.
And the ability to play most Data like, .mkv, .mp4, .TS, .avi, DVD ROM, .wmv (not required)... the Usual, most popular Data.

Wi-Fi would be nice but not critical. My Receiver is wi-fi and I assume I can update firmware to the 4k Player thru the HDMI cable, can't I?

The Sony someone mentioned looks great but I was hoping to pay half that.

https://www.220-electronics.com/sony...ti-region.html

This looks interesting:

https://www.220-electronics.com/regi...ay-player.html

A lot of these say: "Blu-ray Region switching - 1 Button." Is that a problem?

Any recommendations?

Thanx!!!
Old 02-17-2020, 07:42 PM   #785
Special Member

Aug 2009

High 5 to you albabe,

ref 'Wi-Fi would be nice but not critical. My Receiver is wi-fi and I assume I can update firmware to the 4k Player thru the HDMI cable, can't I?'

No.....the common way is to copy the new firmware to a usb flash drive, attach the flash drive to the player.

Another way is to use a laptop to provide a shared internet connection to the player's ethernet port.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:50 PM   #786
Banned

Oct 2019
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratford View Post
High 5 to you albabe,

ref 'Wi-Fi would be nice but not critical. My Receiver is wi-fi and I assume I can update firmware to the 4k Player thru the HDMI cable, can't I?'

No.....the common way is to copy the new firmware to a usb flash drive, attach the flash drive to the player.

Another way is to use a laptop to provide a shared internet connection to the player's ethernet port.
If you update the firmware via the USB drive, it will no longer be a region-free player. I'm not sure why, but updating through the USB drive disables the region-free capability and you can't fix it. The only way to update firmware is through the modem/ethernet port.
Thanks given by:
stratford (02-17-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 11:42 PM   #787

Feb 2020

I'm about to buy a Sony model from 220 electronics and I can't decide between the BDP-S1700, the S3700, and the S6700.

What I'm most interested in: is the build quality of the three equally flimsy? I hear that's the main complaint.
And are all three of those relatively quiet?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:30 AM   #788

Sep 2017

I posted this in the 3D sub-forum a few days back but thought more people might see it here.

I recently bought a Toshiba BDX3200 player to play region A 3D Blu-Rays (I am in the UK). I returned it, however, as playback was jittery. I don't know whether I was just unlucky but I don't really want to try that model again. It was cheap so I guess you get what you pay for.

I'd be grateful for recommendations for a decent multi-region player, available in the UK, that will play 3D Blu-Rays from all regions.

I don't really want to spend more than 250-300.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:07 PM   #789
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp32 View Post
I posted this in the 3D sub-forum a few days back but thought more people might see it here.

I recently bought a Toshiba BDX3200 player to play region A 3D Blu-Rays (I am in the UK). I returned it, however, as playback was jittery. I don't know whether I was just unlucky but I don't really want to try that model again. It was cheap so I guess you get what you pay for.

I'd be grateful for recommendations for a decent multi-region player, available in the UK, that will play 3D Blu-Rays from all regions.

I don't really want to spend more than 250-300.
Not sure about prices from other retailers, but I'm a fairly big fan of Panasonics. The 180 model doesn't list 3D playback, but I'm 90% sure it does.

http://www.mrmdvd.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=1749
Old 02-19-2020, 10:29 PM   #790
Banned

Oct 2019
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtVande1ay View Post
I'm about to buy a Sony model from 220 electronics and I can't decide between the BDP-S1700, the S3700, and the S6700.

What I'm most interested in: is the build quality of the three equally flimsy? I hear that's the main complaint.
And are all three of those relatively quiet?

Thanks in advance.
I have owned the S1700 for over a year. It's quiet and NOT flimsy at all. The other model I have is the S3500. Also quiet and NOT flimsy. The S3500 has a wireless modem and a slightly different interface; otherwise, it's the same as the S1700. Both are easy to use. No negative issues at all.
Old Yesterday, 03:36 AM   #791
Special Member

Jul 2011
Montreal, QC

Does anybody have any feedback on this Panasonic player?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PANASONIC-dmp-bdt230ga-Blu-ray-Disc-player-multi-system-BRAND-NEW-Region-Free/333470425693?hash=item4da462e25d:g3AAAOSwD7leFOp H
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders