Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Peter Pan (Blu-ray)
$11.65

Lady and the Tramp (Blu-ray)
$13.10

Doctor Who: The Complete Eleventh Series (Blu-ray)
$39.99
1 hr ago
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Blu-ray)
$14.75

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Blu-ray)
$8.79

Coco (Blu-ray)
$14.74

Moana (Blu-ray)
$13.46

Avengers: Infinity War 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.34

Wreck-It Ralph 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.34

Finding Nemo (Blu-ray)
$13.49

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (Blu-ray)
$7.20
9 hrs ago
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$6.25

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Asia

Old 06-01-2016, 08:27 AM   #1
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA
Japan Salute of the Jugger

TC Entertainment will release the 104-minute cut of David Webb Peoples' Salute of the Jugger (1989) on Blu-ray in Japan later this year.

Now, before you get excited, this release will be 1080i, and upscaled in a 4:3 (1.33:1) aspect ratio. However, it is said to be "Digitally Remastered" from what sounds like a master tape format, that would have been the source for VHS and LD releases in Japan, so it may end up looking quite acceptable. Additionally, it will be on a BD-50 with DTS-HD MA 2.0 audio, and it will also include an additional 91-minute cut (probably the US cut) as an extra feature, as well as a trailer,

Right now, there are three different options for this release. One is a standard edition, and the other comes with a bonus post card, these two options will be made available on September 7th, 2016. However, there will also be an Amazon.co.jp Exclusive edition, which comes with a pamphlet and tote bag in tow, and will release over one month earlier, on August 3rd, 2016.

EDIT: The new release date is February 8th, 2017, and January 13th, 2017 for the Amazon exclusive.

New listing specs:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon.co.jp
[Show spoiler]「マッドマックス」の強い影響を受けながら独特の世界観を築いた傑作SFスポーツアクション。ノーカット版 とカット版を同時収録して初Blu-ray化! !

荒涼とした未来。希望を失った人々が熱中する暴力的な“ゲーム"を舞台に、壮絶な闘いを繰り広げる男たちの 姿を描いたSFアクション。 『ブレードランナー』『12モンキーズ』の 脚本家デヴィッド・ウェッブ・ピープルズが初監督。主演に同じ『ブレードランナー』のルトガー・ハウアー、 『ツインピークス』のジョアン・チェン。過去に発売されて以来、幻とさ れていた本編104分の劇場公開版をデジタル・リマスターにより世界初Blu-ray化! 91分の短縮版も同時収録!

※本作品は、海外で現存する唯一のPAL版マスターをNTSC変換のうえ国内HDアップコンバートしており ます。場面によってはマスターに起因する見づらい場面、ノイズなどが発生している箇所がございますが、これ らは商品製造上の不良ではございませんので、予めご了承下さい。
※本作品の画角サイズ(4:3スタンダードサイズ)は本映画のオリジナルサイズになります。

※本商品は以前発売中止となった商品の再案内です
※本商品とは別にamazon限定特典付商品が先行販売となります。

特典映像(本編ディスクに収録)
〇オリジナル予告編(02:16)

<キャスト>
ルトガー・ハウアー [サロウ]
ジョアン・チェン [キッダ]
ヴィンセント・フィリップ・ドノフリオ [ヤング・ガー]
アンナ・カタリーナ [ビッグ・シンバー]
デルロイ・リンドー [ムブル]
ジャスティン・モンジョ [ドッグ・ボーイ]
マックス・フェアチャイルド [ゴンゾ]
ヒュー・キース・バーン [ロード・ヴィル]

<スタッフ>
監督・脚本:デヴィッド・ウェッブ・ピープルズ(『ブレードランナー』『12モンキーズ』)
製作:チャールズ・ローヴェン(『ダークナイト』『バットマンvsスーパーマン ジャスティスの誕生』)
撮影:デヴィッド・エグビー(『マッドマックス』『ハーレーダビッドソン&マルボロマン』)
音楽:トッド・ボーケルハイド(『ハート・オブ・ダークネス/コッポラの黙示録』)
字幕翻訳:進藤光太

<ストーリー>
23世紀の荒涼とした未来。全ての文明は滅亡し人々は砂漠でテント生活をする傍ら、犬の頭蓋骨を使って行う 、ある“ゲーム"に熱狂していた。ラグビーに似たそのゲームの選手たちは “闘士(ジャガー)"と呼ばれ、勝者となってメインリーグに入る事が出来れば裕福で安定した生活が出来るた め、選手達はチームを作り、リーグに挑戦できる日を夢見て各地を彷徨い続 けていた。そんな“闘士(ジャガー)"の一人サロウ(ルトガー・ハウアー)は、かつてそのリーグの花形選手 だったものの今は落ちぶれて各地をさまよっていた。立ち寄ったある村で試 合をしたサロウは“闘士(ジャガー)"を目指す女キッダ(ジョアン・チェン)と出会う。キッダを鍛えながら サロウ達のチームはリーグ加入のチャンスを掴むべく、地下世界を舞台にし た激しい闘いの世界に身を投じていく――

“ゲーム"に勝利した者だけが生き残る! 荒涼とした未来で行われている死のゲームを描いたSFアクション。『ブレードランナー』の脚本家として知ら れるデヴィッド・ウェッブ・ ピープルズの初監督作品(兼脚本)。『ブレードランナー』でレプリカント役を演じたルトガー・ハウアー主演 。共演に『ツインピークス』のジョアン・チェン。

マッドマックス第一作の"トーカッター"また「マッドマックス 怒りのデス・ロード」の"イモータン・ジョー"ことヒュー・キース・バーン、撮影監督デヴィッド・エグビー ほか、 「マッドマックス」シリーズの俳優・スタッフが集結!

過去VHS/LDで発売されて以来、幻とされていた104分の劇場公開版を世界初Blu-ray化。海外で現存する唯一のベータカムマスターを国内HD化。

91分の短縮・別編集版本編も同時収録。

【Blu-ray仕様】1989 年/アメリカ/カラー/本編約104分・91分+特典映像2分/16:9[1080i Hi-Def] 1920 x1080サイドパネル方式(一部特典映像を除く)/2層/音声:英語(DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0chステレオ)/日本語字幕/1枚組

※仕様は変更となる場合がございます。

(C)1988 KINGS ROAD ENTERTAINMENT, INC.
発売元:TCエンタテインメント/是空
販売元:TCエンタテインメント
Quote:
Masterpiece SF Sports Action who built a unique view of the world while receiving the strong influence of the "Mad Max". Uncut version and a simultaneous recording to the first Blu-ray the cut version!

Future was bleak. SF action that people who have lost hope is to stage a violent "game" to enthusiasm, depicting the figure of the man who wage a fierce struggle. "Blade Runner" first director playwright David Webb Peoples of "12 Monkeys". Rutger Hauer of the same "Blade Runner," starring Joan Chen of "Twin Peaks". Since its introduction in the past, the world's first Blu-ray by digitally re-mastered the theatrical version of the main 104 minutes that had been a phantom! 91 minutes a shortened version of the simultaneous recording!

※ This work is, we have the domestic HD up-conversion top of the sole of the PAL version of the master NTSC conversion to existing overseas. Hard to see the scene due to the master by the scene, but there is a point where such noise occurs, because they are there is no bad on commodity production, please understand.
※ field angle size of this work (4: 3 standard size) will be the original size of the movie.

※ This product is a re-guidance of the products that become the previous sale canceled
※ This separate items with amazon limited benefits and products will be the pre-sale.

Bonus (included on the main disk)
Yes original trailer (2:16)

<Cast>
Rutger Hauer [Salou]
Joan Chen [Kidda]
Vincent Phillip D'Onofrio [Young gar]
Anna Catalina [Big Shinba]
Delroy Lindo [Muburu]
Justin Monjo [Dog Boy]
Max Fairchild [Gonzo]
Hugh Keays-Byrne Load Ville]

<Staff>
Director, Screenplay: David Webb Peoples ( "Blade Runner," "12 Monkeys")
Producers: Charles Roven ( "The Dark Knight," "The Birth of Batman vs Superman Justice")
Photo: David Egubi ( "Mad Max," "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man")
Music: Todd Bokeruhaido ( "Heart of Darkness / Coppola of the Apocalypse")
Subtitle translation: Shindo Kota

<Story>
23 century of desolate future. Beside all of civilization is people and destruction of the tents in the desert, carried out with the dog of the skull, it had been enthusiastic in a "game". The players of the game similar to rugby is called the "warrior (Jaguar)", because the life it is that wealthy and stable if possible to enter the main league become a winner can be, athletes made a team, to the league around the hover was you keep dreaming about the challenge can be the day. Such "fighters (Jaguar)" of one person Salou (Rutger Hauer) is, was once wandering around now is down for the count but was the star player of the league. Salou was a trial case in some stopped by the village meets the "warrior (Jaguar)" woman aims to Kidda (Joan Chen). Salou our team while training the Kidda is in order to seize the chance of the league join, go throw himself into the world of violent struggle in which the underground world stage -

"game" SF action depicting the game that are made in that death in the future only to survive! Desolate who took victory in. Directorial debut of David Webb Peoples, known as the writer of "Blade Runner" (and screenplay). Rutger Hauer starring, who played the role replicants in "Blade Runner". Joan Chen of "Twin Peaks" to co-star.

Mad Max first installment of the "toe cutter" also "Mad Max anger of Death Road" of "Imotan Joe" this and Hugh Keays-Byrne, Director of Photography David Egubi addition, actor staff of "Mad Max" series There gather!

past VHS / since it was launched in LD, the world's first Blu-ray of the theatrical version of the 104 minutes that had been a phantom. Domestic HD the only Betacam master the existing abroad.

91 minutes shorter, another edit version of this volume also simultaneous recording of.

[Blu-ray specification] 1989 / USA / color / story about 104 minutes - 91 minutes + Bonus 2 minutes / 16: 9 [1080i Hi-Def] 1920 x1080 side panel system (except for some extras) / 2 layer / audio: English (DTS-HD Master audio 2.0ch stereo) / Japanese subtitles / 1 Disc

※ Specifications are subject to change.

(C) 1988 KINGS ROAD ENTERTAINMENT, INC.
Publisher: TC Entertainment / Zesora
Publisher: TC Entertainment
Old listing specs:

[Show spoiler]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon.co.jp
「マッドマックス」の強い影響を受けながら独特の世界観を築いた傑作SFスポーツアクション。ノーカット版 で初Blu-ray化!

荒涼とした未来。希望を失った人々が熱中する暴力的な“ゲーム"を舞台に、壮絶な闘いを繰り広げる男たちの 姿を描いたSFアクション。 『ブレードランナー』『12モンキーズ』の 脚本家デヴィッド・ウェッブ・ピープルズが初監督。主演に同じ『ブレードランナー』のルトガー・ハウアー、 『ツインピークス』のジョアン・チェン。過去に発売されて以来、幻とさ れていた本編104分の劇場公開版をデジタル・リマスターにより世界初Blu-ray化!

※本作品は、海外で現存する唯一のマスターを国内HDアップコンバートしております。その為、場面によって はマスターに起因する見づらい場面、ノイズなどが発生している箇所がご ざいますが、これらは商品製造上の不良ではございませんので、予めご了承下さい。

※本商品の画角サイズ(4:3スタンダードサイズ)は本映画のオリジナルサイズになります。

※本商品とは別にamazon限定特典付商品が先行販売となります。 特典映像(本編ディスクに収録)
〇別編集短縮版本編(本編91分)
〇オリジナル予告編(02:16)

<キャスト>
ルトガー・ハウアー [サロウ]
ジョアン・チェン [キッダ]
ヴィンセント・フィリップ・ドノフリオ [ヤング・ガー]
アンナ・カタリーナ [ビッグ・シンバー]
デルロイ・リンドー [ムブル]
ジャスティン・モンジョ [ドッグ・ボーイ]
マックス・フェアチャイルド [ゴンゾ]
ヒュー・キース・バーン [ロード・ヴィル]

<スタッフ>
監督・脚本:デヴィッド・ウェッブ・ピープルズ(『ブレードランナー』『12モンキーズ』)
製作:チャールズ・ローヴェン(『ダークナイト』『バットマンvsスーパーマン ジャスティスの誕生』)
撮影:デヴィッド・エグビー(『マッドマックス』『ハーレーダビッドソン&マルボロマン』)
音楽:トッド・ボーケルハイド(『ハート・オブ・ダークネス/コッポラの黙示録』)
字幕翻訳:進藤光太

<ストーリー>
23世紀の荒涼とした未来。全ての文明は滅亡し人々は砂漠でテント生活をする傍ら、犬の頭蓋骨を使って行う 、ある“ゲーム"に熱狂していた。ラグビーに似たそのゲームの選手たちは “闘士(ジャガー)"と呼ばれ、勝者となってメインリーグに入る事が出来れば裕福で安定した生活が出来るた め、選手達はチームを作り、リーグに挑戦できる日を夢見て各地を彷徨い続 けていた。そんな“闘士(ジャガー)"の一人サロウ(ルトガー・ハウアー)は、かつてそのリーグの花形選手 だったものの今は落ちぶれて各地をさまよっていた。立ち寄ったある村で試 合をしたサロウは“闘士(ジャガー)"を目指す女キッダ(ジョアン・チェン)と出会う。キッダを鍛えながら サロウ達のチームはリーグ加入のチャンスを掴むべく、地下世界を舞台にし た激しい闘いの世界に身を投じていく――

“ゲーム"に勝利した者だけが生き残る! 荒涼とした未来で行われている死のゲームを描いたSFアクション。『ブレードランナー』の脚本家として知ら れるデヴィッド・ウェッブ・ ピープルズの初監督作品(兼脚本)。『ブレードランナー』でレプリカント役を演じたルトガー・ハウアー主演 。共演に『ツインピークス』のジョアン・チェン。

マッドマックス第一作の"トーカッター"また「マッドマックス 怒りのデス・ロード」の"イモータン・ジョー"ことヒュー・キース・バーン、撮影監督デヴィッド・エグビー ほか、 「マッドマックス」シリーズの俳優・スタッフが集結!

過去VHS/LDで発売されて以来、幻とされていた104分の劇場公開版を世界初Blu-ray化。海外で現存する唯一のベータカムマスターを国内HD化。

特典として91分の短縮・別編集版本編を収録。

【Blu-ray仕様】1989 年/アメリカ/カラー/本編約104分+特典映像93分/16:9[1080i Hi-Def] 1920 x1080サイドパネル方式(一部特典映像を除く)/2層/音声:英語(DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0chステレオ)/日本語字幕/1枚組

※仕様は変更となる場合がございます。

(C)1988 KINGS ROAD ENTERTAINMENT, INC.
発売元:TCエンタテインメント/是空
販売元:TCエンタテインメント
Quote:
Masterpiece SF Sports Action who built a unique view of the world while receiving the strong influence of the "Mad Max". First Blu-ray reduction in the uncut version!

Future was bleak. SF action that people who have lost hope is to stage a violent "game" to enthusiasm, depicting the figure of the man who wage a fierce struggle. "Blade Runner" first director playwright David Webb Peoples of "12 Monkeys". Rutger Hauer of the same "Blade Runner," starring Joan Chen of "Twin Peaks". Since its introduction in the past, the world's first Blu-ray by digitally re-mastered the theatrical version of the main 104 minutes that had been a phantom!

※ This work is, we have the domestic HD up-convert the only master in existence abroad. Therefore, ugly scene by scene due to the master, but locations such as noise is generated will have your seat, because they are there is no bad on commodity production, please understand.

※ field angle size of this product (4: 3 standard size) will be the original size of the movie.

※ This separate items with amazon limited benefits and products will be the pre-sale. Bonus (included on the main disk)
Yes another edit shortened version this volume (91 minutes main)
Yes original trailer (2:16)

<Cast>
Rutger Hauer [Salou]
Joan Chen [Kidda]
Vincent Phillip D'Onofrio [Young gar]
Anna Catalina [Big Shinba]
Delroy Lindo [Muburu]
Justin Monjo [Dog Boy]
Max Fairchild [Gonzo]
Hugh Keays-Byrne Load Ville]

<Staff>
Director, Screenplay: David Webb Peoples ( "Blade Runner," "12 Monkeys")
Producers: Charles Roven ( "The Dark Knight," "The Birth of Batman vs Superman Justice")
Photo: David Egubi ( "Mad Max," "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man")
Music: Todd Bokeruhaido ( "Heart of Darkness / Coppola of the Apocalypse")
Subtitle translation: Shindo Kota

<Story>
23 century of desolate future. Beside all of civilization is people and destruction of the tents in the desert, carried out with the dog of the skull, it had been enthusiastic in a "game". The players of the game similar to rugby is called the "warrior (Jaguar)", because the life it is that wealthy and stable if possible to enter the main league become a winner can be, athletes made a team, to the league around the hover was you keep dreaming about the challenge can be the day. Such "fighters (Jaguar)" of one person Salou (Rutger Hauer) is, was once wandering around now is down for the count but was the star player of the league. Salou was a trial case in some stopped by the village meets the "warrior (Jaguar)" woman aims to Kidda (Joan Chen). Salou our team while training the Kidda is in order to seize the chance of the league join, go throw himself into the world of violent struggle in which the underground world stage -

"game" SF action depicting the game that are made in that death in the future only to survive! Desolate who took victory in. Directorial debut of David Webb Peoples, known as the writer of "Blade Runner" (and screenplay). Rutger Hauer starring, who played the role replicants in "Blade Runner". Joan Chen of "Twin Peaks" to co-star.

Mad Max first installment of the "toe cutter" also "Mad Max anger of Death Road" of "Imotan Joe" this and Hugh Keays-Byrne, Director of Photography David Egubi addition, actor staff of "Mad Max" series There gather!

past VHS / since it was launched in LD, the world's first Blu-ray of the theatrical version of the 104 minutes that had been a phantom. Domestic HD the only Betacam master the existing abroad.

recorded 91 minutes shorter, another editing version of the main part of as a privilege.

[Blu-ray specification] 1989 / USA / color / story about 104 minutes + Bonus 93 minutes / 16: 9 (except for some extras) [1080i Hi-Def] 1920 x1080 side panel system / 2-layer / audio : English (DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0ch stereo) / Japanese subtitles / 1 Disc

※ Specifications are subject to change.

(C) 1988 KINGS ROAD ENTERTAINMENT, INC.
Publisher: TC Entertainment / Zesora
Publisher: TC Entertainment

Last edited by McCrutchy; 09-23-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Thanks given by:
BigManDeath (06-04-2016), Blu MacReady (06-01-2016), UniSol GR77 (03-27-2017), wesslan (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 12:18 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

1 hr 30 min (90 min) (US)
1 hr 44 min (104 min) (Japan)
1 hr 39 min (99 min) (UK)

Very nice to get the 104 min version but with a 35 mm negative one would hope the owners or some collectors would make that print avaliable for a nice 2K/4K scan. There are many small companies that put time in hunting good sources down but TC seems to go the easy route
Thanks given by:
UniSol GR77 (03-27-2017)
Old 06-02-2016, 01:43 PM   #3
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesslan View Post
1 hr 30 min (90 min) (US)

Very nice to get the 104 min version but with a 35 mm negative one would hope the owners or some collectors would make that print avaliable for a nice 2K/4K scan. There are many small companies that put time in hunting good sources down but TC seems to go the easy route
But...there's a tote bag...

You know you want that tote bag.

Thanks given by:
UniSol GR77 (03-27-2017), wesslan (06-02-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 12:31 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-

Quote:
Aren't these two just the same cut, just with the UK timing referenced from a PAL release?
Old 06-06-2016, 03:05 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneWithThePrize View Post
Aren't these two just the same cut, just with the UK timing referenced from a PAL release?
Might be only US that is missing stuff. Took it from imdb.

The US R-Rated Version misses out nearly 12 minutes of plot sequences that are featured on the European Version of the movie. Additionally an alternate ending can be found in the European Version as well.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:18 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-

Quote:
Might be only US that is missing stuff. Took it from imdb.

The US R-Rated Version misses out nearly 12 minutes of plot sequences that are featured on the European Version of the movie. Additionally an alternate ending can be found in the European Version as well.
Yeah, a friend owns the US laserdisc. I picked up the UK DVD when that was released.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:43 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Quote:
It's not really an "alternate" ending, it's not like a different team of juggers wins or anything. It's just an extension on the ending.

The US version ends with Rutger Hauer walking away as the credits roll and the league's vultures descend upon the team. The European version just shows you what they say. It may be because I saw it first, but I prefer the US ending, it makes the cynicism more subtextual and implicit, the European version doesn't really give you anything new, it just makes that very explicit.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:02 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

I just looked on CD Japan, and it says that this release has been cancelled.

Does anybody have any information about that? I'm very disappointed, even though the price was ridiculous anyway.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:01 PM   #9

Jun 2015
Default Ye of little faith...

I'm not surprised this never came to be but the fact that someone actually still pays attention to this underrated gem is kind of encouraging. My guess is they haven't managed to find a good enough master source to warrant a Blu-ray release (Dare I say "yet"?).

To my knowledge there's never been a widescreen verion of this title released on any home video format (Not 100% sure about the German language LD though so I might be wrong). The shortened and much maligned "Blood Of Heroes" did get a widescreen release in Denmark (of all countries), but I don't even consider that the same movie because of all the sub-par editing. Unfortunately I believe the chances of ever seeing a decent release of this classic are pretty slim.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:04 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormlander View Post
I'm not surprised this never came to be but the fact that someone actually still pays attention to this underrated gem is kind of encouraging. My guess is they haven't managed to find a good enough master source to warrant a Blu-ray release (Dare I say "yet"?).

To my knowledge there's never been a widescreen verion of this title released on any home video format (Not 100% sure about the German language LD though so I might be wrong). The shortened and much maligned "Blood Of Heroes" did get a widescreen release in Denmark (of all countries), but I don't even consider that the same movie because of all the sub-par editing. Unfortunately I believe the chances of ever seeing a decent release of this classic are pretty slim.
Well I stopped underestimating germany long time ago since one of their label kept getting all the b-classic gems and totally waste them with dnr and lossy audio. But they still could find a lot of 35mm reels and getting us 1.85:1 aspect of many movies I only seen in fullscreen on vhs so I won't abandon hope on this just yet
Old 09-23-2016, 10:12 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-

Quote:
Well I stopped underestimating germany long time ago since one of their label kept getting all the b-classic gems and totally waste them with dnr and lossy audio. But they still could find a lot of 35mm reels and getting us 1.85:1 aspect of many movies I only seen in fullscreen on vhs so I won't abandon hope on this just yet
I hope you aren't suggesting Krekel would get his stinking hands on it? I'd rather watch a tenth generation bootleg than give him money for any of his abominations!
Old 09-23-2016, 10:21 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Quote:
I hope you aren't suggesting Krekel would get his stinking hands on it? I'd rather watch a tenth generation bootleg than give him money for any of his abominations!
Hehe no my meaning was that somebody/anyone can dig up a filmreel these days and 2K scanning is getting cheaper everyday. Just hope someone decent do it. Who owns the US rights?
Old 09-23-2016, 10:23 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Quote:
Unfortunately I believe the chances of ever seeing a decent release of this classic are pretty slim.
I had always figured that, but now they got my hopes up, so they owe me juggers!
Old 09-23-2016, 10:26 PM   #14
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguamguy View Post

Does anybody have any information about that? I'm very disappointed, even though the price was ridiculous anyway.
The release actually just went back up for pre-order. The new release date is February 8th, 2017, and January 13th, 2017 for the Amazon exclusive.
Thanks given by:
thatguamguy (12-05-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 10:27 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguamguy View Post

Seems like just moved if amazon is correct, Title Will Be This Released On February 8, 2017.

edit: wow just a second late there
Old 09-23-2016, 10:32 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-

Quote:
Who owns the US rights?
Lionsgate. Maybe they could pull it out for their Vestron line but if they do I would be surprised if it ended up anything other than the Blood of Heroes cut.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:35 PM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Quote:
Lionsgate. Maybe they could pull it out for their Vestron line but if they do I would be surprised if it ended up anything other than the Blood of Heroes cut.
Yeah that would be really cool, with both cuts offcourse!
Old 09-25-2016, 12:59 PM   #18

Jun 2015
Default New Aspect Ratio?

Just noticed that Jugger is listed at amazon.co.jp with a 16:9 (1.78:1) aspect ratio. If the extended delay is actually because they are upgrading this to a widescreen release I'll get to die a happy man after all.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:19 PM   #19
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Just noticed that Jugger is listed at amazon.co.jp with a 16:9 (1.78:1) aspect ratio. If the extended delay is actually because they are upgrading this to a widescreen release I'll get to die a happy man after all.
No Amazon site is ever a reliable source for the aspect ratio of a release. If you read the specs in the first post (which were provided to Amazon by TC Entertainment, the distributor of the Blu-ray), you'll see that it will still be a 1.33:1 SD video presentation, upscale to 1080i.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:33 AM   #20

Jan 2013

anyone buy it?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Asia