Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
D-Day: Normandy 1944 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
7 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96
19 hrs ago
Spider-Man Limited Edition 4K Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.71
20 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
19 hrs ago
Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Deepwater Horizon 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.38

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 01-03-2020, 06:14 PM   #4901
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by notops View Post
None of the trailers I saw showed anything about what you mentioned in 2049. Not everybody combs over promotional materials, so I found the way in which the movie chose to reveal said information to be quite satisfactory.
Pretty sure it showed him burst through walls and stuff, if nothing else. Either way though, as I just said above, it is not a "reveal" in the movie. It is matter-of-fact information from the very start, same as Palpatine. There's literally nothing to "spoil" because there is no secret or mystery. You have a ten times better argument with Connor-bot, but my opinion is the studio screams it, it's not a spoiler anymore. Agree to disagree on that.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:18 PM   #4902
Power Member

Sep 2010
Los Angeles, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Pretty sure it showed him burst through walls and stuff, if nothing else. Either way though, as I just said above, it is not a "reveal" in the movie. It is matter-of-fact information from the very start, same as Palpatine. There's literally nothing to "spoil" because there is no secret or mystery. You have a ten times better argument with Connor-bot, but my opinion is the studio screams it, it's not a spoiler anymore. Agree to disagree on that.
K's situation actually is a reveal IMO, even though it comes very early in the movie. I see it changing the immediate context of how he handles Bautista in the opening scene. I trust the screenwriters to present the information in a way they see fit. But yes, of course, agree to disagree.
Thanks given by:
mar3o (01-03-2020), StingingVelvet (01-03-2020)
Old 01-03-2020, 10:09 PM   #4903
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Let me add before we all parachute out of this debate:

There's nothing about K or Palpatine that is a "reveal." That's an important aspect I feel. It is matter-of-fact information when you watch the movie, right from the start. There's a better argument to be made with Terminator Genisys, where Connor being a terminator is treated as a surprise reveal within the movie itself. I still believe what I believe about marketing making it not a spoiler tag situation, but at least with that one I acknowledge that the studio kind of "spoilered" their own movie. My opinion there is mostly based on "well they let the cat out of the bag so..."
I'm going to call this post out because I have a major issue with people spoilering films in other threads not even for the film being spoilered. Somebody just spoilered Game of Thrones for me the other day in the TROS thread. I've just started watching it. You just posted a spoiler for Terminator Genisys. I saw that one, but what if I hadn't, or what if others reading this haven't? I really dislike when people assume everyone has seen everything.

I know people often use examples of other films in discussions, like you did here with Genisys, but that's exactly what spoiler tags are for, so you can hide anything that might ruin it for those who hadn't seen it yet. I've been watching films all my life and there's still a lot more films I haven't seen than have seen.
Thanks given by:
kingdoxie (01-14-2020), koberulz (01-04-2020), slask (01-04-2020)
Old 01-03-2020, 10:13 PM   #4904
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
I know people often use examples of other films in discussions, like you did here with Genisys, but that's exactly what spoiler tags are for, so you can hide anything that might ruin it for those who hadn't seen it yet. I've been watching films all my life and there's still a lot more films I haven't seen than have seen.
Yes but my entire point is I don't think it's a spoiler at all. It's on the cover of the Blu-ray and digital options, for heaven's sake. There's literally no way to watch the movie without knowing it. The issue is Paramount chose to make it common knowledge.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:06 AM   #4905
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

Quote:
You're getting wrapped up in an argument about semantics, StingingVelvet. If you're happy with the studios giving away key plot points in the trailers, more power to you. However, I will continue to judiciously use spoiler tags at my own discretion and happily try to prevent ruining surprises and plot points for people who haven't seen the movie yet. To each one's own
With you there, my friend. I avoid trailers like the plague nowadays and only read reviews after seeing the films.

I do like watching trailers after I've seen the movie, just to see how they either give away the entire plot or make it look like a completely different movie to the one I just saw.

Fortunately I don't want to see Genysis or whatever it is, but it's usually just considered polite not to discuss plot points of films in threads that have nothing to do with the films in question. Just basic common sense, innit.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:36 AM   #4906

Jan 2020

Quote:
I couldn't agree less. Gosling's 'dead-eyes' acting style was perfect
[Show spoiler]for portraying a replicant.

I felt it was one of the most spot on casting choices of recent memory and I thought he was nearly flawless in it.
Yep, I I heard a Blade Runner sequel was being made my first feeling was it would be him and/or Johansson(who ended up in Ghost in the Shell instead) involved as there obviously good fits for such characters.

I liked the sequel but if I was being critical I would say its weakness is that it feels like a film that doesn't quite know what it want to be, the merger of the original sequel idea and the new story of K/Joi don't feel like they quite come off to me. Ford does give a good performance in it but honestly I think the film would have been better off not being a direct follow up to the original and just focusing on its own lead characters, maybe smaller in scale/budget as well.

As far as the original in UHD goes I definitely preferred the colour to the HD version of final cut that had the teal filter put over the top of everything. Whether you need 4K in terms of getting masses of extra detail is I spose a bit questionable but I do think the main benefit is actually because grain looks better scanned at a higher resolution they feel the need to put less NR on it. I'm guessing not having so much NR is actually were part of the greater sharpness of many UHD scans of 35mm comes from?

Last edited by moreorless; 01-08-2020 at 11:42 AM.
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (01-08-2020)
Old 01-12-2020, 06:08 AM   #4907
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011

The UHD still has a teal push, but the color is much improved over the blu-ray.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:12 AM   #4908

Sep 2015
British Columbia

I mean, compared to all the previous versions, the 'teal push' is just a characteristic of The Final Cut, just more pronounced in SDR than HDR. And I could be mistaken, but I think the smoothness you see in the Blu-ray only has to do with the codec they used combined with a low bitrate, not DNR.

It's a feckin' old disc by now, yo

Last edited by KevinStriker; 01-12-2020 at 11:31 AM.
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (01-12-2020)
Old 01-13-2020, 12:43 AM   #4909

Feb 2017
Edmonton, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieWales View Post
I have never actually been able to sit through this entire movie, I usually get bored and/or fall asleep, but since Amazon Canada had it on sale for $15, I thought I would buy it and give it an honest effort, since most of you seem to love this one. I really enjoyed the sequel, so, fingers crossed. I figured for $15, the worst that would happen is that I would get another decent nap in.
Ok people, I have now watched my 4K of this, and I actually enjoyed it!!
Who knew? Also, the visuals in this one are fantastic! Iím glad I gave it another go...you made a convert out of me
Old 01-13-2020, 12:52 AM   #4910
Expert Member

Jul 2015
Flat earth, upper Left hand Corner:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieWales View Post
Ok people, I have now watched my 4K of this, and I actually enjoyed it!!
Who knew? Also, the visuals in this one are fantastic! Iím glad I gave it another go...you made a convert out of me
Welcome to the family! Also Clint Eastwood rules.
Thanks given by:
JosieWales (01-14-2020)
Old 01-13-2020, 01:11 AM   #4911

Jul 2009
San Antonio, TX

Went and saw The Final Cut version in the theater today, and now I've got Blade Runner on the brain.

I understand that the blu-ray included with the US 4K package is the old 2007 BD-25 with a VC-1 encode. But I see that the UK 4k package is listed as coming with a BD-50. Does it contain the new remastered version based on the 4k scan, or is it the same old encode?

Appreciate if anyone can clear this up for me.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:43 AM   #4912

Jan 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentalbert View Post
Went and saw The Final Cut version in the theater today, and now I've got Blade Runner on the brain.

I understand that the blu-ray included with the US 4K package is the old 2007 BD-25 with a VC-1 encode. But I see that the UK 4k package is listed as coming with a BD-50. Does it contain the new remastered version based on the 4k scan, or is it the same old encode?

Appreciate if anyone can clear this up for me.
If you go under the UKís 2007 release, it says it was a BD-50 with a VC-1 codec so chances are itís probably the same transfer from 2007.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:40 AM   #4913

Jul 2009
San Antonio, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9 Mark V View Post
If you go under the UKís 2007 release, it says it was a BD-50 with a VC-1 codec so chances are itís probably the same transfer from 2007.
Yeah, you're probably right. I wonder if its a BD-50 because it has all the features that are put on the two DVD's with the US set.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:50 PM   #4914
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
Dagobah
Question

Just to make sure: The UHDs of US/UK and Germany are the same, correct?
Old 01-14-2020, 10:48 PM   #4915
Blu-ray Champion

May 2018
Arkham, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluyoda View Post
Just to make sure: The UHDs of US/UK and Germany are the same, correct?
Correct.
Thanks given by:
Bluyoda (01-15-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 11:39 PM   #4916
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2015
Minneapolis

Hey guys, pretty big print release going on over at Bottleneck Gallery tomorrow Thurs 1/23 at 12pm EST. It's a 16-color screenprint of John Alvin's orginal Blade Runner art.

I know that some people here will be interested in this print. I picked up a copy of the 175 print run foil variant during the presale today.
Thanks given by:
faust1103 (01-23-2020), Nitroboy (01-23-2020), RoboDan (01-23-2020)
Old 02-03-2020, 06:45 PM   #4917
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

Is this UHD 4K disc out of print?..

I see it above $30 most places and some used copies trying to sell for much more.

-Brian
Old 02-03-2020, 07:14 PM   #4918
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

No, Warners just can't be bothered to press more than two copies at a time for the US. Still widely available from Warners overseas.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:43 PM   #4919
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2009
UK

My blaster water pistol arrived this morning and I've spent most of the day brandishing it like a child. I just need some skinjobs to retire and I'm good to go.
Thanks given by:
Nothing371 (02-04-2020)
Old 02-03-2020, 07:59 PM   #4920
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Blaster water pistola whatnow?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Tags
blade runner 4k, blade runner uhd