Best 4K Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
18 hrs ago
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
7 hrs ago
Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96
7 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
The Gentlemen 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
23 hrs ago
The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
 
Zombieland: Double Tap 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.35
 
Dolittle 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.38
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2019, 02:22 AM   #501
Pondosinatra Pondosinatra is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Pondosinatra's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta
45
2
Default

Don't suppose anyone knows if the non-4k version also comes with the DVD???
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 02:41 AM   #502
chip75 chip75 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
chip75's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Wales
43
2404
2102
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondosinatra View Post
Don't suppose anyone knows if the non-4k version also comes with the DVD???
Just a BD and that's only available with the old master, I think the Japanese release was a Mastered in 4K release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:04 AM   #503
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Your resident Dune, Star Wars, and war film expert
81
306
1835
87
551
714
545
133
38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
Just a BD and that's only available with the old master, I think the Japanese release was a Mastered in 4K release.
Correct. The only way to get the 4K master used for the UHD on a BD is the Japanese BD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:44 AM   #504
figrin_dan figrin_dan is online now
Special Member
 
figrin_dan's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
UK
4
605
83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
That said this new transfer is super stable in terms of physical stability, just look at the Columbia logo: it's dancing around on the old BD but is rock solid on this 4K scan.
I've finally got a chance to look at this and noticed this at the shot of the hotel before the first wake up scene. I've seen it on logos and opening titles before but never during a film. What is this called. Is it the same as gate weave?

Last edited by figrin_dan; 12-07-2019 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Autocorrect problems
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:41 PM   #505
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Blu-ray King
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
522
1772
5
19
Default

Pretty much. Gate weave occurs in camera when the registration of the mechanism isn't perfect so you get a bit of this lateral jitter, for home video it tends be referred to as "telecine wobble", that the film itself is moving about slightly as it's transferred. (The phrase is a little anachronistic as they don't really use telecines any more but it's what I still refer to transfer-related jitter as.)

But even on the best, most modern datacine the film can still have this lateral movement during transfer, especially the variable shrinkage on older film stocks, so they usually have to digitally stabilise it.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
figrin_dan (12-07-2019)
Old 12-28-2019, 07:18 PM   #506
sa5150 sa5150 is online now
Power Member
 
Dec 2011
Chicago IL
13
393
196
1
Default

Is this OOP in the USA ? There was no sale these last few weeks and quite pricey .
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 04:30 AM   #507
Jar Jar Stinks Jar Jar Stinks is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jar Jar Stinks's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
-
-
-
137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa5150 View Post
Is this OOP in the USA ? There was no sale these last few weeks and quite pricey .
$23 at Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/groundh...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 04:42 AM   #508
Jar Jar Stinks Jar Jar Stinks is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jar Jar Stinks's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
-
-
-
137
Default

BTW, you can get the UHD version on Vudu for $6.99. And it's free to watch (with ads) on Vudu, Crackle, and IMDB.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
sa5150 (12-30-2019)
Old 12-30-2019, 08:24 AM   #509
sa5150 sa5150 is online now
Power Member
 
Dec 2011
Chicago IL
13
393
196
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Stinks View Post
BTW, you can get the UHD version on Vudu for $6.99. And it's free to watch (with ads) on Vudu, Crackle, and IMDB.
How do you tell it's in 4k on Crackle ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:15 PM   #510
lilboyblu lilboyblu is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
lilboyblu's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
55
1913
87
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa5150 View Post
How do you tell it's in 4k on Crackle ?
It’s not in 4K since Crackle doesn’t offer that, but it’s the 4K transfer. You can tell because the old transfer looks terrible compared to it.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
sa5150 (12-30-2019)
Old 01-04-2020, 03:27 AM   #511
Jar Jar Stinks Jar Jar Stinks is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jar Jar Stinks's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
-
-
-
137
Default

My family said let's watch something funny tonight, so I suggested Groundhog Day. Guess what! It's no longer on IMDB or Crackle. I had some Amazon digital credit and used it to buy the UHD. Looks great! Although some of the dialogue was buried by the music. I'll have to check my audio settings.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 02:24 PM   #512
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Your resident Dune, Star Wars, and war film expert
81
306
1835
87
551
714
545
133
38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Stinks View Post
My family said let's watch something funny tonight, so I suggested Groundhog Day. Guess what! It's no longer on IMDB or Crackle. I had some Amazon digital credit and used it to buy the UHD. Looks great! Although some of the dialogue was buried by the music. I'll have to check my audio settings.
So, you don't have this on UHD? It's one of the best catalog transfers I have seen to date.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Cherokee Jack (01-05-2020), johnnyringo7 (01-19-2020)
Old 01-04-2020, 04:22 PM   #513
Jar Jar Stinks Jar Jar Stinks is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jar Jar Stinks's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
-
-
-
137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
So, you don't have this on UHD? It's one of the best catalog transfers I have seen to date.
I don't. Well, I "own" the digital copy now. I only got a 4K player last month. Currently, I only own a dozen or so 4K discs:
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (2001: Odissea nello Spazio) (1968) - Italian Import
  • Alien 4K (40th Anniversary Edition) (1979)
  • Apocalypse Now 4K (Final Cut | 40th Anniversary Edition) (1979)
  • Black Hawk Down 4K (2001)
  • Blade Runner 2049 4K (2017) - Italian Import
  • Blade Runner 4K (The Final Cut) (1982)
  • Close Encounters of the Third Kind 4K (Incontri Ravvicinati del Terzo Tipo | 40th Anniversary Edition | Gift Set) (1977) - Italian Import
  • The Dark Knight 4K (2008)
  • First Man 4K (2018)
  • Moon 4K (10th Anniversary Edition) (2009)
  • The Shining 4K (1980)
  • Spider-Man: Far from Home 4K (2019)
  • The Wizard of Oz 4K (80th Anniversary Edition) (1939)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 03:57 AM   #514
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Your resident Dune, Star Wars, and war film expert
81
306
1835
87
551
714
545
133
38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Stinks View Post
I don't. Well, I "own" the digital copy now. I only got a 4K player last month. Currently, I only own a dozen or so 4K discs:
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (2001: Odissea nello Spazio) (1968) - Italian Import
  • Alien 4K (40th Anniversary Edition) (1979)
  • Apocalypse Now 4K (Final Cut | 40th Anniversary Edition) (1979)
  • Black Hawk Down 4K (2001)
  • Blade Runner 2049 4K (2017) - Italian Import
  • Blade Runner 4K (The Final Cut) (1982)
  • Close Encounters of the Third Kind 4K (Incontri Ravvicinati del Terzo Tipo | 40th Anniversary Edition | Gift Set) (1977) - Italian Import
  • The Dark Knight 4K (2008)
  • First Man 4K (2018)
  • Moon 4K (10th Anniversary Edition) (2009)
  • The Shining 4K (1980)
  • Spider-Man: Far from Home 4K (2019)
  • The Wizard of Oz 4K (80th Anniversary Edition) (1939)
This is definitely one to get then.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
emailking (01-09-2020), Jar Jar Stinks (01-05-2020)
Old 01-19-2020, 06:58 PM   #515
Bn43 Bn43 is offline
Special Member
 
Bn43's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
43
122
8
6
Default

I'm so glad there's a seller on Amazon again. It was sold out there and on Best Buy and Walmart. I was afraid I'd have to import it. I'm guessing it's out of print in the USA.

Last edited by Bn43; 01-19-2020 at 07:05 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
buck135 (01-19-2020)
Old 01-19-2020, 09:22 PM   #516
buck135 buck135 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
buck135's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
79
1284
113
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bn43 View Post
I'm so glad there's a seller on Amazon again. It was sold out there and on Best Buy and Walmart. I was afraid I'd have to import it. I'm guessing it's out of print in the USA.
Thank you. I just ordered one. I thought I missed out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:40 PM   #517
danny24 danny24 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Feb 2010
52
Default

I think this is definitely OOP, I have a copy but this sucks for people that don't yet. The good news is there are 4K imports for it that look to still be in print. If you don't have this grab it while you can this was originally a Best Buy exclusive before Sony did a wide release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:26 AM   #518
sa5150 sa5150 is online now
Power Member
 
Dec 2011
Chicago IL
13
393
196
1
Default

Darn it , It was available at best buy.com last night . I have seen some things come back on best buys websight so maybe it might be back but sold out as of now .
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 03:09 AM   #519
TechnicalEntry TechnicalEntry is offline
New Member
 
Jan 2020
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa5150 View Post
Darn it , It was available at best buy.com last night . I have seen some things come back on best buys websight so maybe it might be back but sold out as of now .
Itís available on Amazon.ca for CAD$20. Shipping should be cheap to the US.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
sa5150 (01-24-2020)
Old 02-03-2020, 05:05 PM   #520
ToEhrIsHuman ToEhrIsHuman is offline
Senior Member
 
ToEhrIsHuman's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
San Diego, CA USA
179
682
2
Default


Last edited by ToEhrIsHuman; 02-03-2020 at 05:54 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
HD Goofnut (02-03-2020), MassiveMovieBuff (02-03-2020), reanimator (02-03-2020), RoboDan (02-03-2020), Smigro (02-03-2020), SymbioticFunction (02-11-2020), Weirded Wonder (02-03-2020)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:18 AM.