Best 4K Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
 
Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
 
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.54
 
Man of Steel 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
 
Oceans: Our Blue Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Star Trek Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.91
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2020, 05:23 AM   #481
Tenny80 Tenny80 is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2019
28
43
1
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey9775 View Post
??? Does my question upset you

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierTheaterPotato View Post
This is a Sequel to the Shining.
Thank you
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:50 AM   #482
willieconway willieconway is online now
Special Member
 
willieconway's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
San Jose, CA
73
1347
1
1
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesncc1701 View Post
I've never done a disc to digital pre-order from Vudu before but seriously considering this one. What is the average delivery date for the disc after release when using this process?
Usually 2-3 days after release. Tracking says Iíll get Parasite one day after though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:00 AM   #483
mikesncc1701 mikesncc1701 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
mikesncc1701's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Jacksonville, FL
10
243
1566
713
718
1
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
Usually 2-3 days after release. Tracking says Iíll get Parasite one day after though.
Thanks. I just went ahead and did it, especially since I can now sell the digital copy for a few extra bucks and still have it on vudu from the pre order. I work 7 days on and 7 days off and this comes out on one of my work weeks so I won't have to venture out for it now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:36 PM   #484
eastx eastx is offline
Special Member
 
eastx's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny80 View Post
??? Does my question upset you
It was a silly question.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:46 PM   #485
CrazyBlu-RayFan CrazyBlu-RayFan is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
CrazyBlu-RayFan's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Westminster, Colorado USA
475
1
2
47
Default

Finished the director's cut, absolutely the superior version. In fact I will say that cutting out the bathroom scene (where Jack/Lloyd tries to turn Dan on Abra; thus making the possession of Dan feel less rushed), removing that big chunk of the Jack/Lloyd bar scene, and pretty much the entire Wendy/Dan relationship did damage the film's emotional core. In the theatrical cut, the ending scene with Wendy looking at Dan as The Overlook burns didn't really emotionally resonate to me, because there wasn't anything really in there to make it emotionally resonate. In the director's cut, Wendy not being able to look at Dan was a big character development and, by the end, her finally looking at him did hit hard (where I did cry). Out of everything that was removed from the theatrical cut, this material should've been kept in, no exceptions.

As for everything else, it's just a better paced and better developed version. Nothing added in this cut feels like fluff and the rushing issues I had with the theatrical cut have pretty much been addressed here. The only flaw I now have is that the third act is still too much Kubrick call back, but this version earns it way more than the theatrical cut. Besides that, this is the definitive version of the movie. Not to say the theatrical cut is garbage, it isn't, but the missing character development and more truncated pacing will just make it impossible to go back to that version.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Creed (01-24-2020), Darth Marcus (01-24-2020), flyry (01-25-2020), imsounoriginal (01-24-2020), johnnyringo7 (01-28-2020), Kyle15 (01-24-2020), Resettito (01-25-2020), tonylopez (01-24-2020), Vertizontal (01-24-2020), wafi (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 03:59 PM   #486
Chaotic Chaotic is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Chaotic's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Denver, CO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesncc1701 View Post
I've never done a disc to digital pre-order from Vudu before but seriously considering this one. What Usis the average delivery date for the disc after release when using this process?
I get mine the day before or on release date.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 04:38 PM   #487
Tenny80 Tenny80 is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2019
28
43
1
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
It was a silly question.
Not to me it wasnt, it's a completely different name then the original which was released before I was even born
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:46 PM   #488
red-blu red-blu is offline
Member
 
Jan 2010
Nebraska
15
509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesncc1701 View Post
I've never done a disc to digital pre-order from Vudu before but seriously considering this one. What is the average delivery date for the disc after release when using this process?
One thing I just realized is that if you do the disc-to-digital pre-order, it appears they don't charge shipping. But if you wait until after release date, I think disc-to-digital starts adding in shipping?

I had done a few disc-to-digitals and had never had shipping. Then I saw others that had shipping on it. So I decided to go ahead and get it for Doctor Sleep!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:05 PM   #489
JayTL JayTL is offline
Senior Member
 
Jan 2013
85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjasoncul View Post
Why not do the Vudu Disc + Digital for $27.99? You get the code now and the entire 4K package upon release. Keep/Resell/Trade it when it comes in... Especially if you are honestly considering dropping $20 on it now.
I'm just getting antsy. I'll be able to wait and pick up a code here. And honestly even if I were to get it before launch, I would just get the code because Selling all the pieces wouldn't be worth it to me
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:39 PM   #490
BluProofie BluProofie is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
BluProofie's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
New York City
47
738
105
81
Default

So is this 3 discs or 2? Hoping the Directorís Cut gets its own disc.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:43 PM   #491
imsounoriginal imsounoriginal is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
imsounoriginal's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
DMV
189
765
82
2
51
Default

Likely one UHD for theatrical cut and one BD for Director's Cut/Special Features. But I hope the three-hour DC has the disc all to itself.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:46 PM   #492
JEDGAR1000 JEDGAR1000 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
JEDGAR1000's Avatar
 
Aug 2017
California
-
-
-
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Likely one UHD for theatrical cut and one BD for Director's Cut/Special Features. But I hope the three-hour DC has the disc all to itself.
Warner Bros doesn't typically branch movies. If it's anything like Batman vs Superman's release, it'll probably have a blu-ray for theatrical cut + special features & a second blu-ray just for the director's cut.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:48 PM   #493
imsounoriginal imsounoriginal is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
imsounoriginal's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
DMV
189
765
82
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEDGAR1000 View Post
Warner Bros doesn't typically branch movies. If it's anything like Batman vs Superman's release, it'll probably have a blu-ray for theatrical cut + special features & a second blu-ray just for the director's cut.
BvS' UHD didn't include a BD of the extended cut, it was just on the UHD.

So if Sleep's theatrical cut is on the UHD, they probably won't include it on BD. Two discs total is the bare minimum they need to provide, so that's what they'll do.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
JEDGAR1000 (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 08:59 PM   #494
JEDGAR1000 JEDGAR1000 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
JEDGAR1000's Avatar
 
Aug 2017
California
-
-
-
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
BvS' UHD didn't include a BD of the extended cut, it was just on the UHD.

So if Sleep's theatrical cut is on the UHD, they probably won't include it on BD. Two discs total is the bare minimum they need to provide, so that's what they'll do.
Ahh, I only own the standard blu-ray release for BvS, so I assumed the UHD had both blu-rays carried over. Good point though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:06 PM   #495
bytor bytor is offline
Senior Member
 
Jan 2010
53
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBlu-RayFan View Post
Not to say the theatrical cut is garbage, it isn't, but the missing character development and more truncated pacing will just make it impossible to go back to that version.
Would you recommend starting with the theatrical or director's cut? Maybe it's not even worth it getting the theatrical cut on disc then?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:14 PM   #496
Creed Creed is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Creed's Avatar
 
Dec 2015
Christ Church, Barbados
12
85
51
25
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBlu-RayFan View Post
Finished the director's cut, absolutely the superior version. In fact I will say that cutting out the bathroom scene (where Jack/Lloyd tries to turn Dan on Abra; thus making the possession of Dan feel less rushed), removing that big chunk of the Jack/Lloyd bar scene, and pretty much the entire Wendy/Dan relationship did damage the film's emotional core. In the theatrical cut, the ending scene with Wendy looking at Dan as The Overlook burns didn't really emotionally resonate to me, because there wasn't anything really in there to make it emotionally resonate. In the director's cut, Wendy not being able to look at Dan was a big character development and, by the end, her finally looking at him did hit hard (where I did cry). Out of everything that was removed from the theatrical cut, this material should've been kept in, no exceptions.

As for everything else, it's just a better paced and better developed version. Nothing added in this cut feels like fluff and the rushing issues I had with the theatrical cut have pretty much been addressed here. The only flaw I now have is that the third act is still too much Kubrick call back, but this version earns it way more than the theatrical cut. Besides that, this is the definitive version of the movie. Not to say the theatrical cut is garbage, it isn't, but the missing character development and more truncated pacing will just make it impossible to go back to that version.
You absolutely nailed it.

Random post: After a few days, the damn heartbeats are still stuck in my head.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jumpman (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 10:21 PM   #497
MassiveMovieBuff MassiveMovieBuff is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
MassiveMovieBuff's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
High up in the KAB lighthouse in Spivey Point
12
910
21
1
Default

I'm glad to hear that there is more explanation with
[Show spoiler]Dan getting possessed at the overlook
in the DC if I'm understanding correctly. I felt that it was too forced in the theatrical cut and didn't make much sense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:37 PM   #498
crutzulee crutzulee is offline
Senior Member
 
Sep 2014
Toronto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed View Post
You absolutely nailed it.

Random post: After a few days, the damn heartbeats are still stuck in my head.
I had to shut it off after an hour as the heart beat had my subs shaking the whole house as my family tried to sleep.. finished it the next afternoon cranked to 11
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Creed (01-24-2020), Resettito (01-25-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 10:37 PM   #499
CrazyBlu-RayFan CrazyBlu-RayFan is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
CrazyBlu-RayFan's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Westminster, Colorado USA
475
1
2
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor View Post
Would you recommend starting with the theatrical or director's cut? Maybe it's not even worth it getting the theatrical cut on disc then?
Director's cut, it's completely superior to the theatrical cut. I absolutely see no reason to return to the theatrical cut. And yes, it absolutely sucks there isn't a UHD disc for the director's cut.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bytor (01-24-2020), johnnyringo7 (01-28-2020), Resettito (01-25-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 10:39 PM   #500
r9800pro r9800pro is offline
Expert Member
 
r9800pro's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
Egypt
43
690
5
Default

Seriously, this doesn't make any sense.

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
imsounoriginal (01-25-2020), rafaelsalguero (01-25-2020)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:10 PM.