Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99
19 hrs ago
The Gentlemen 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
3 hrs ago
Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection, Volume One (Blu-ray)
$21.49
8 hrs ago
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Ponyo (Blu-ray)
$21.49
2 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Dodsworth (Blu-ray)
$17.99
4 hrs ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Movie Props, Replicas, Figures and Memorabilia

Old 11-19-2019, 04:20 AM   #3201
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2007

F***. I knew I shouldn't have done it, but I just watched a video review for the new Deluxe Luke Skywalker Return of the Jedi figure and now I'm pretty close to ordering one. I have the first release, but the paint work and removal of the fat suit really makes this new one quite a bit better. I really wish they would've just waited and put out this one definitive version rather than double dipping within a year.

Last edited by BStecke; 11-19-2019 at 04:27 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:04 PM   #3202
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2007

Well I ended up ordering the updated Jedi Luke. He was one of my most anticipated figures, when I started collecting back in 2011 he was one of my wants, and then that was fueled even more when Star Wars came back in 2015. Between the updated paint work, the more accurate body, and the optional wind-swept hair (never liked the original hair sculpt), I can't pass it up.

Now they need to make a ROTJ Vader.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:52 PM   #3203
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Baltimore, MD

I also need to order the new one even though I have the first. Unless I can find the Endor poncho and helmet.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:57 PM   #3204
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashamed Pegasus View Post
I also need to order the new one even though I have the first. Unless I can find the Endor poncho and helmet.
If that’s all you want keep checking Toy Anxiety, they usually have a bunch of part-out stuff shortly after figures are released. I was considering going that route and just trying to get the hair sculpt for my V1 until I found out they basically overhauled the whole figure.

Last edited by BStecke; 11-19-2019 at 09:03 PM.
Thanks given by:
Ashamed Pegasus (11-19-2019)
Old 11-24-2019, 05:51 PM   #3205

Oct 2019

This Scarlet Spider is just amazing.

Thanks given by:
Laser (12-01-2019)
Old 11-27-2019, 03:11 AM   #3206
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefthandedcherry View Post
This Scarlet Spider is just amazing.

Theyíve done a great job so far on all of the PS4 Spideys. Iíve got the Advanced Suit version and heís incredibly well done.

Iím hoping since Hot Toys has got the CW Flash coming weíll see some figures from Crisis. Routhís Superman and a 90ís Flash would be instant buys from me.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:30 PM   #3207
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2007

I just got my deluxe Jedi Luke from Toys Wonderland, who I will definitely be using for most if not all of my future Hot Toys purchases.

My first thought opening this and checking it out . . . WOW. THIS is how I wanted to feel when I opened my original release, and how that figure should’ve been done. The difference in the paint app on the original sculpt is pretty striking, and the new sculpt with the bared teeth, which looks pretty goofy in the proto pics, is actually pretty amazing, and I generally hate Hot Toys’ new found love for toothy sculpts. The wind-swept hair sculpt also looks far better than the proto pics. I paired the windy hair with the toothy sculpt and I think he looks absolutely amazing.

Body-wise, this release really buries the original. When looking at them side by side the difference is night and day, and WAY more pronounced than you can see in Justin’s review. The original looks kind of doughy and sloppy in comparison. This new one looks slim and trim, just as it should. The old one now really reminds me of the 12” figures DC did which were all kind of puffy.

As far as the outfits go I didn’t delve too deeply into them as I’m going to be displaying mine in the DS2 look, but everything is quite well done. I appreciate the inclusion of the V2 saber and that’s what I went with for mine.

Anybody who loves Luke Skywalker and is on the fence about replacing your original or going back and forth between getting that and this, get this one. You’ll be glad you did. This version gave me the feeling of excitement I so wanted to feel when the original was released. Not that that figure is AWFUL, but . . . In comparison, there really is no comparison.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:37 AM   #3208
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Kirksville, Missouri

Old 11-28-2019, 12:28 PM   #3209

Oct 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStecke View Post
Theyíve done a great job so far on all of the PS4 Spideys. Iíve got the Advanced Suit version and heís incredibly well done.

Iím hoping since Hot Toys has got the CW Flash coming weíll see some figures from Crisis. Routhís Superman and a 90ís Flash would be instant buys from me.
I just got the AS from bbts and it's glorious. One can only hope what figures HT decides to release lol
Old 11-29-2019, 05:04 AM   #3210
Special Member

Aug 2010
Philadelphia

Forgive me if this was asked before,I just bought the Dark Side Anakin & I know that the figure itself is 12 inches, could anyone possibly tell me how tall the figure is when mounted to the lava base? I want to buy a case for it

Or at least a good case recommendation for it? Thanks

Last edited by Flyers99; 11-29-2019 at 05:09 AM.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:42 AM   #3211
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers99 View Post
Forgive me if this was asked before,I just bought the Dark Side Anakin & I know that the figure itself is 12 inches, could anyone possibly tell me how tall the figure is when mounted to the lava base? I want to buy a case for it

Or at least a good case recommendation for it? Thanks
Most people use IKEA Detolfs for their displays, as they’re good quality and pretty cheap for what you get. I’ve seen that Anakin on the base in one of the Detolfs though and he was kind of cramped. You can adjust the levels of the shelves though, although I think that requires a slight modification.

I have a Detolf and I also use Bestas, also from IKEA. The Besta is pretty deep and you can buy a glass door for it, and I got a little shelf that is half-depth, so I can fit six to eight figures in one without them being cramped. It fits my Hot Toys Hulk pretty comfortably along with five others. I don’t know how many figures you have or plan to get (although once you get one, the addiction sets in ), but either one would give you some room to grow. Neither comes with lighting so you have a million options for that.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:43 PM   #3212
Power Member

Jul 2015
SoCal

Captain Marvel delayed to February. Now itís delayed 3 months. How normal is this?
Old 12-28-2019, 09:50 PM   #3213
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkRomanoff View Post
Captain Marvel delayed to February. Now itís delayed 3 months. How normal is this?
Very normal.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:13 AM   #3214

Oct 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkRomanoff View Post
HT seems to have been delaying quite a few figures, not surprising given the slew of figures announced. For instance the JL Superman just released in Hong Kong and it was set for PO for almost two years ago. Nevertheless I'm still eager for CM.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:28 PM   #3215
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Baltimore, MD

End Game Thanos was just released in HK. Going to be an expensive January for me, and Thanos, Superman, Tyrion Lannister, and Winnie The Pooh will all be charging about the same time.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:21 PM   #3216

Oct 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashamed Pegasus View Post
End Game Thanos was just released in HK. Going to be an expensive January for me, and Thanos, Superman, Tyrion Lannister, and Winnie The Pooh will all be charging about the same time.
Thanos looking good, I like how he was given a 1/4 stand cos he's a big boy lol

Solo movie Aquaman figure just released as well.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:41 AM   #3217
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2007

Man they’re pumping them out this month!

I wish they did the hair on Aquaman more like the poster (and film, ie wet), but I’m really considering picking him up.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:59 AM   #3218
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Baltimore, MD

In case anyone else didn't know, Sideshow now charges tax to every state, even on already placed preorders. Pretty soon I might call it quits on 1/6 because we're not far away from paying $300.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:42 AM   #3219

Oct 2019

Captain Marvel Deluxe set just released in Hong Kong!

Old 01-26-2020, 05:14 AM   #3220
Power Member

Jul 2015
SoCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefthandedcherry View Post
Captain Marvel Deluxe set just released in Hong Kong!

Aaaaand now delayed to March.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Movie Props, Replicas, Figures and Memorabilia