Best Anime Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Dragon Ball Z: Seasons 1-9 Collection (Blu-ray)
$123.49
 
Digimon Adventure tri.: 6-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
 
FLCL: Progressive / Alternative (Blu-ray)
$33.99
 
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Season One, Part 02 (Blu-ray)
$33.42
 
Attack on Titan: Season 3, Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Perfect Blue (Blu-ray)
$18.99
 
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Zombie Land Saga: Season One (Blu-ray)
$47.04
9 hrs ago
High School DxD Hero: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$32.29
 
The Garden of Words (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo (Blu-ray)
$18.51
4 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2020, 01:39 PM   #4141
gundamcero gundamcero is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
gundamcero's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
US
49
194
Default

Calm down children. Nobody cares.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
King Crimson (01-23-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 02:12 PM   #4142
Naiera Naiera is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Naiera's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Denmark
9
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Crimson View Post
It's really not BS. Just because you say it doesn' make it so
I say it because it is so. Your player DOES NOT remove compression artifacts or black crush. Claiming so is patently absurd.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 02:33 PM   #4143
King Crimson King Crimson is offline
Expert Member
 
King Crimson's Avatar
 
Nov 2017
Green Noa
144
509
58
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
I say it because it is so. Your player DOES NOT remove compression artifacts or black crush. Claiming so is patently absurd.
You're wrong because I say it is so, see how that works? I never sad it REMOVES the issues, the upscaling and the processor HIDES them. When you buy a generic player you'll see every issue under the sun with a less than perfect disc, having a dedicated media player however can mitigate these issues. That is all. We can keep this going as long as you wish, don't bring the thread down with your immaturity, just pm me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:24 PM   #4144
psychopuppet psychopuppet is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2011
4
716
584
Default

So is this issue being caused from the source Nozomi was given or is it Nozomi ?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
El3mental (01-23-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 03:26 PM   #4145
Naiera Naiera is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Naiera's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Denmark
9
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Crimson View Post
You're wrong because I say it is so, see how that works?
No, you didn't read that right. It has nothing to do with what I believe or want to be true; I'm saying this because you're spreading misinformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Crimson View Post
When you buy a generic player you'll see every issue under the sun with a less than perfect disc, having a dedicated media player however can mitigate these issues.
This is not possible. No player can hide, remove, obscure or mitigate black crush or compression artifacts. These faults are in the source. Just because you're not seeing it doesn't mean it's not there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:26 PM   #4146
Naiera Naiera is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Naiera's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Denmark
9
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamcero View Post
Calm down children. Nobody cares.
We should absolutely care when someone is spreading lies or misinformation.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Lionel Horsepackage (01-24-2020), professorwho (01-23-2020), sagadego (01-23-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 03:29 PM   #4147
King Crimson King Crimson is offline
Expert Member
 
King Crimson's Avatar
 
Nov 2017
Green Noa
144
509
58
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
We should absolutely care when someone is spreading lies or misinformation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
No, you didn't read that right. It has nothing to do with what I believe or want to be true; I'm saying this because you're spreading misinformation.



This is not possible. No player can hide, remove, obscure or mitigate black crush or compression artifacts. These faults are in the source. Just because you're not seeing it doesn't mean it's not there.
No one is spreading lies or misinformation, just you bud. Sorry your child mind can't accept facts. Just move on dude, get a life FFS
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:29 PM   #4148
Naiera Naiera is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Naiera's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Denmark
9
22
Default

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:35 PM   #4149
Naiera Naiera is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Naiera's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Denmark
9
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopuppet View Post
So is this issue being caused from the source Nozomi was given or is it Nozomi?
Black crush is in the source (I mean, if you're completely incompetent, I guess you could introduce it during the mastering process) and the compression artifacts are on whomever mastered the discs for Nozomi. I heard this was done in Japan, but I'm not sure.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
El3mental (01-23-2020), Lionel Horsepackage (01-24-2020), psychopuppet (01-23-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 08:43 PM   #4150
El3mental El3mental is offline
Active Member
 
El3mental's Avatar
 
Jun 2017
Default

Where am I supposed to go to learn these things since nobody here wants to take the time to explain it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:57 PM   #4151
Naiera Naiera is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Naiera's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Denmark
9
22
Default

In the OP on 0083, the main character guy's hair totally blends in with the space background. That's not supposed to happen. You're supposed to be able to tell the difference.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:45 PM   #4152
broly965 broly965 is offline
Active Member
 
broly965's Avatar
 
Apr 2017
US, WA
Default

Well i can give one good example of euro/japanese versions being superior: Outlaw Star. I bought the american version cuz i didn't want to buy a region free player. The american version is inferior and has some bad compression issues due to funimation putting it on only 3 discs instead of 4.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:11 AM   #4153
pikagreg pikagreg is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
pikagreg's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
8
Default

I am still mad at how dumb the Outlaw Star LE box is lol
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
El3mental (01-24-2020), neoz (01-25-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 12:54 AM   #4154
The Collector FX The Collector FX is offline
Active Member
 
The Collector FX's Avatar
 
Aug 2019
Utah
153
320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broly965 View Post
Well i can give one good example of euro/japanese versions being superior: Outlaw Star. I bought the american version cuz i didn't want to buy a region free player. The american version is inferior and has some bad compression issues due to funimation putting it on only 3 discs instead of 4.
I was always under the impression it looked good. It's not an upscale so... I'm not seeing your point of view.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:20 AM   #4155
professorwho professorwho is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
professorwho's Avatar
 
Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA
19
307
64
4
Default

There is one episode where a couple of shots are upscaled because I believe they were damaged on the original film. That said, I believe it was just for a couple of shots in a single episode.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:15 PM   #4156
hana_bi hana_bi is offline
Junior Member
 
Jan 2018
Default

Has anyone bought the new Japanese releases yet? I'm curious about the Original Trilogy (video/subtitle quality)...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 03:57 PM   #4157
King Crimson King Crimson is offline
Expert Member
 
King Crimson's Avatar
 
Nov 2017
Green Noa
144
509
58
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lum View Post
Don't pay any heed to users tearing apart every asinine little detail of US anime releases, it's all a facade for the buyer's remorse of their expensive imports.
Thank you, the mouth breathing import elitist mentality gets pathetic and old quick.

Got an update from Nozomi

Last edited by King Crimson; 01-24-2020 at 07:04 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
El3mental (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 08:20 PM   #4158
nagpo nagpo is offline
Senior Member
 
Jun 2017
Default

that's hilarious
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:50 PM   #4159
Suikoman444 Suikoman444 is offline
Active Member
 
Suikoman444's Avatar
 
May 2018
Columbus, OH
75
476
69
19
Default

I think it's safe to say they will release the Turn A movies on blu-ray. It's just a matter of when.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
King Crimson (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 09:33 PM   #4160
DukeTogo84 DukeTogo84 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
DukeTogo84's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
California
12
2383
80
Default

Gundam Seed...where are you?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:47 PM.