Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
17 hrs ago
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
7 hrs ago
Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96
6 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Gentlemen 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Spider-Man Limited Edition 4K Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.71
7 hrs ago
Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
23 hrs ago
The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Zombieland: Double Tap 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.35

Dolittle 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 01-23-2020, 04:49 AM   #81
Expert Member

Aug 2012
Above ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Herbert West View Post
Sounds good!
AbsoFRAGG'Nlutely!
Thanks given by:
DR Herbert West (01-23-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 02:31 PM   #82

Nov 2016
Herndon, VA

Saw this last night on the big screen at my local Alamo Drafthouse and thought it was just fine. Some cool imagery, and standard crazy Nicolas Cage doing a crazy screaming Cage character. It didn't go as nuts with the concept as it could have, and the creatures were just ok. I enjoyed it but overall, it didn't impress. The score by Colin Stetson however, was fantastic.
Thanks given by:
herzog4life (01-24-2020), Latheofheaven (01-24-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 03:07 PM   #83
Special Member

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee Parks View Post
Yes, the colors will be out of this world.
Thanks. I pre-ordered it.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:52 PM   #84

Nov 2016
Herndon, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyCosts View Post
Hows it hold up to cage's recent masterpiece mandy
I wouldn't even be able to compare the two. Mandy was a game-changer and very hard to top. This film goes places we've seen plenty of times in other movies. Not even close.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:41 AM   #85
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2012

I finally watched the Lost Soul documentary. Wow, what a story!

I would love it if Richard Stanley completes this Lovecraft trilogy with such great reviews that some major Hollywood studio like Warner Brothers offers him a big budget movie of his choosing and it turns out to be The Island of Dr. Moreau! That would be great!

It goes without saying, that it would most certainly be better than what we did end up with back in 1996, but I'm sure it would even be a lot better than what Stanley had originally envisioned back then, since he's learned a lot more as a filmmaker and there are more technological advantages today.

Of course, he may not want to do it now, and I'm really not sure that he should, because at this point the notorious history of the previous adaptation is much more interesting than the film itself could ever be.
Thanks given by:
Latheofheaven (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 01:51 AM   #86
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicfilmguys View Post
I wouldn't even be able to compare the two. Mandy was a game-changer and very hard to top. This film goes places we've seen plenty of times in other movies. Not even close.
Well, so much has been borrowed from H.P. Lovecraft over the decades that it's kind of hard to be totally original with his stories on film now without hitting a hundred or so other horror or science fiction movies that were made first. But make no mistake, most of the similar ideas you've seen plenty of times in other movies were inspired by Lovecraft, even if unknowingly.
Thanks given by:
DR Herbert West (01-24-2020), Latheofheaven (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 02:46 AM   #87
Expert Member

Aug 2012
Above ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstream View Post
Well, so much has been borrowed from H.P. Lovecraft over the decades that it's kind of hard to be totally original with his stories on film now without hitting a hundred or so other horror or science fiction movies that were made first. But make no mistake, most of the similar ideas you've seen plenty of times in other movies were inspired by Lovecraft, even if unknowingly.
That reminds me of a time when an old girlfriend and I got into a heated argument. She got so pissed that she suddenly sprouted multiple tentacles and began speaking in a deep, Balrog voice. I said, 'C'mon Morgoth, that's been done to death in a hundred Lovecraft movies. Try to come up with something original, why don't ya?' And, that's when she paralyzed and ate me... (I got better...)
Thanks given by:
DR Herbert West (01-24-2020), mediocre (01-24-2020), Nothing371 (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 03:29 AM   #88
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheofheaven View Post
That reminds me of a time when an old girlfriend and I got into a heated argument. She got so pissed that she suddenly sprouted multiple tentacles and began speaking in a deep, Balrog voice. I said, 'C'mon Morgoth, that's been done to death in a hundred Lovecraft movies. Try to come up with something original, why don't ya?' And, that's when she paralyzed and ate me... (I got better...)
Yeah, try that again when you work out the difference between Lovecraft and Tolkein
Thanks given by:
Old 01-24-2020, 03:33 AM   #89
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2012

Quote:
Thanks given by:
DR Herbert West (01-24-2020), Latheofheaven (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 04:15 AM   #90
Expert Member

Aug 2012
Above ground

Quote:
Yep... Fortunately, she was a lot prettier, even with the tentacles.

And yes, that IS tentacles in case any of you wise guys wanna start sumthin...
Thanks given by:
DR Herbert West (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 04:22 AM   #91
Blu-ray Champion

May 2018
Arkham, MA

Quote:
Yep... Fortunately, she was a lot prettier, even with the tentacles.

And yes, that IS tentacles in case any of you wise guys wanna start sumthin...
Thanks given by:
Old 01-24-2020, 04:27 AM   #92
Expert Member

Aug 2012
Above ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Herbert West View Post
Uh huh...

thanks for that...

Thanks given by:
DR Herbert West (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 01:22 PM   #93

Nov 2016
Herndon, VA

Quote:
Oh for sure, but that doesn't make what I saw on screen any less unoriginal. Had Carpenter's The Thing remake never existed, some of the stuff in this movie may have come off as impressive.

The "attachment" was done brilliantly and I loved some of the practical effects employed throughout the film. I just felt it lacked a natural buildup of suspense. Stuff just happened day in and day out, and I didn't feel any tension or progression to the madness.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:28 PM   #94
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2013
TN

So what the hell is this:

Almost 90 Euros, amazon.de listing says 4K + 5BR + CD. Google translate is refusing to do its job, so that's the only thing I can read on the page. How could there be 5 Blu's with this?
Thanks given by:
chucktatum (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 08:59 PM   #95

Aug 2014
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman slim View Post
So what the hell is this:

Almost 90 Euros, amazon.de listing says 4K + 5BR + CD. Google translate is refusing to do its job, so that's the only thing I can read on the page. How could there be 5 Blu's with this?
From Koch Media‘s homepage:

- COLOR OUT OF SPACE 4K UHD
- COLOR OUT OF SPACE Blu-ray
- Supplementals/Bonus Blu-ray
- complete soundtrack CD
- DIE, MONSTER, DIE! (1965) Blu-ray
- THE CURSE (1987) Blu-ray
- THE COLOR (2010) Blu-ray
Thanks given by:
chucktatum (01-24-2020), Heapashifter (01-26-2020), sandman slim (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 09:09 PM   #96
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicfilmguys View Post
Mandy was a complete bore with zero story and nothing in that film hadn't been done before, and much better. But I guess you selectively pick and choose what you call "original."
Old 01-24-2020, 10:47 PM   #97
Blu-ray Champion

May 2018
Arkham, MA

‘Hereditary’ Composer Colin Stetson’s ‘Color Out of Space’ Score Now Available on Vinyl from Waxwork

Quote:
Not only has the movie been released in limited theaters, but the official soundtrack for Richard Stanley’s Color Out of Space is now up for pre-order through Waxwork Records!

In partnership with Milan Records, the deluxe vinyl release is selling for $28.

The score is by Grammy Award-wining saxophonist and multi-instrumentalist, song writer and composer Colin Stetson. A highly-coveted collaborator to Bon Iver, Arcade Fire, Tom Waits, LCD Soundsystem, The National and more, Stetson brings with him an expansive body of work that includes both genre-defying, avant-jazz records as well as critically-acclaimed original scores for major film, television and game titles (Ari Aster’s Hereditary, Red Dead Redemption 2).

Stetson explains his work on the film, “The question posed initially when conceiving of this score was what exactly is the sonic representation of a cosmic alien color that does not exist in this terrestrial reality? I began trying to answer that by layering the sounds of coral reefs, processing that cacophony and finding the order revealed through harmonic generation of these hyperdensities, and then continued to chase that same concept of ‘transfiguring the natural’ down every path and application I could see. Turns out it’s somewhere between magenta and hot pink.”

Waxwork Records presents the complete soundtrack by Stetson pressed to 180 gram “Cosmic Magenta” swirled vinyl, housed within a heavyweight printed inner sleeve inserted into an old-style tip-on jacket with film laminate gloss coating, and new art by Matt Taylor.

Grab your copy today and expect it to ship on March 17th.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/music/...vinyl-waxwork/
Thanks given by:
chucktatum (01-24-2020), Heapashifter (01-26-2020), Latheofheaven (01-25-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 10:56 PM   #98
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2015
Minneapolis

Is it wrong that this is my most anticipated 4K release for early 2020? I'm honestly dying to see this movie.

Lovecraft.
Thanks given by:
Darkstream (01-25-2020), DR Herbert West (01-24-2020), Latheofheaven (01-25-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 11:39 PM   #99
Blu-ray Champion

May 2018
Arkham, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing371 View Post
Is it wrong that this is my most anticipated 4K release for early 2020?
Same here.
Thanks given by:
Latheofheaven (01-25-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 11:47 PM   #100

Nov 2016
Herndon, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
Mandy was a complete bore with zero story and nothing in that film hadn't been done before, and much better. But I guess you selectively pick and choose what you call "original."
I didn't say that Mandy was "original" I called it a game-changer for the genre specifically. Neither film is what anyone would consider original. Overall from direction, to performances, atmosphere and entertainment value, I find Mandy to be a far superior film.
Thanks given by:
herzog4life (01-24-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies