Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$89.99
16 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99
16 hrs ago
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
7 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99
16 hrs ago
Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
 
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49
 
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49
 
Terminator: Dark Fate (Blu-ray)
$17.91
15 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
 
Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$31.46
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Projectors


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #201
crazyBLUE crazyBLUE is offline
Moderator
 
crazyBLUE's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest
89
479
1
38
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory_Times View Post
You like that couple more Don't you Suntory
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:35 PM   #202
popcornninja popcornninja is offline
Expert Member
 
popcornninja's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Boise
52
507
3
268
Default

Here are some screenshots since I got my Epson 8100 up and running. Sorry I'm not the best at photography.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:52 PM   #203
MrFattBill MrFattBill is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
MrFattBill's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
jO-hio
206
578
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcornninja View Post
Here are some screenshots since I got my Epson 8100 up and running. Sorry I'm not the best at photography.
Looks good but might I suggest some type of material on the top of your center channel to kill that reflection.

Bill
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:46 AM   #204
snowball_iv snowball_iv is offline
Special Member
 
snowball_iv's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Jacksonville
85
1
813
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory_Times View Post
I figured you would like that one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:49 AM   #205
snowball_iv snowball_iv is offline
Special Member
 
snowball_iv's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Jacksonville
85
1
813
1
Default

Looks good PopcornNinja, the Rambo and Pirates, look good, I love the up close face details. Does your bolt have kind of softness to the picture? When i was taking pictures of mine, it just doens't seem to pop like other animated films.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:55 AM   #206
Suntory_Times Suntory_Times is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Suntory_Times's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The Grid
16
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball_iv View Post
I figured you would like that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyBLUE View Post
You like that couple more Don't you Suntory

Yes, yes I do.;
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #207
popcornninja popcornninja is offline
Expert Member
 
popcornninja's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Boise
52
507
3
268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball_iv View Post
Looks good PopcornNinja, the Rambo and Pirates, look good, I love the up close face details. Does your bolt have kind of softness to the picture? When i was taking pictures of mine, it just doens't seem to pop like other animated films.
I take the pics with my wife's Canon Rebel, some come out better than others.

Truly, it is my camera skills (or lack there of). Pics don't always do the image quality justice. Bolt is a lot more detailed than what is shown.

This is a great thread! Love all the screenshots!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #208
Le_BeC Le_BeC is offline
Junior Member
 
Le_BeC's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
CHILE
27
27
Default

Here are some screenshots... Epson W6+







more pics later...

Last edited by Le_BeC; 08-13-2010 at 02:48 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #209
snowball_iv snowball_iv is offline
Special Member
 
snowball_iv's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Jacksonville
85
1
813
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_BeC View Post
Here are some screenshots... Epson W6+

[Show spoiler]


[Show spoiler]


[Show spoiler]


more pics later...
Looks very nice man. Is that a pull down or electric?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:12 AM   #210
MrFattBill MrFattBill is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
MrFattBill's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
jO-hio
206
578
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball_iv View Post
Looks very nice man. Is that a pull down or electric?
Pull down judging by the pics in his gallery. The view from his place is just awesome too

Bill
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:21 AM   #211
Jwilly019 Jwilly019 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jwilly019's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Columbus, OH
192
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFattBill View Post
Pull down judging by the pics in his gallery. The view from his place is just awesome too

Bill
Agreed, you have a great looking place.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:16 AM   #212
Suntory_Times Suntory_Times is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Suntory_Times's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The Grid
16
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFattBill View Post
Pull down judging by the pics in his gallery. The view from his place is just awesome too

Bill
It looks great, but the speakers
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #213
Jwilly019 Jwilly019 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jwilly019's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Columbus, OH
192
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory_Times View Post
It looks great, but the speakers
I think those are older photos. If you scroll down you see these:

They are from Jamo's Studio series (I believe the fronts are 506s). I used to have 506s, great performers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:52 AM   #214
Le_BeC Le_BeC is offline
Junior Member
 
Le_BeC's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
CHILE
27
27
Default

Hey,
yeah, Is a pull down screen
and jamo s506 speakers.... (in pic 3, u can see the old sony speakers)
now jamo only ...
great performers, you are right Jwilly, i like it very much...

Last edited by Le_BeC; 08-15-2010 at 01:30 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #215
ReverendSlim ReverendSlim is offline
Power Member
 
ReverendSlim's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Mobile, AL
24
136
822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFattBill View Post
Looks good but might I suggest some type of material on the top of your center channel to kill that reflection.

Bill
I had a similar thought, but mine was, "If he can see that reflection off the top of his center channel, it needs to be angled up toward the listening area more."
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:39 AM   #216
roar roar is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
roar's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada
12
105
Default

It is not easy to take a good picture with a P&S! I really need to get my friend back over to take some 'real' pictures! This was about the best I could come up with...

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #217
Suntory_Times Suntory_Times is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Suntory_Times's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The Grid
16
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilly019 View Post
I think those are older photos. If you scroll down you see these:

They are from Jamo's Studio series (I believe the fronts are 506s). I used to have 506s, great performers.
Nice, I retract my prior comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post
It is not easy to take a good picture with a P&S! I really need to get my friend back over to take some 'real' pictures! This was about the best I could come up with...

[IMG]https://images.blu-ray.com/htgallery/62259.jpg[IMG]
Nice, though if you reduce the reflections the image will be even more drooltastic.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:14 PM   #218
MrFattBill MrFattBill is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
MrFattBill's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
jO-hio
206
578
5
Default

Took some shots last night of the new projector in action, after calibrating it with the "AVS HD 709 v1.3" disk...these are with the lamp set in ECO-MODE as well
















Comparison between the old and new:


Bill

Last edited by MrFattBill; 08-17-2010 at 07:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:45 PM   #219
snowball_iv snowball_iv is offline
Special Member
 
snowball_iv's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Jacksonville
85
1
813
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFattBill View Post
Took some shots last night of the new projector in action, after calibrating it with the "AVS HD 709 v1.3" disk...these are with the lamp set in ECO-MODE as well
Comparison between the old and new:
[Show spoiler]


Bill
It looks awesome. I love I, Robot, that movie looks so awesome on the big screen. Kung Fu Panda looks awesome as well, I need to buy that movie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:06 PM   #220
MrFattBill MrFattBill is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
MrFattBill's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
jO-hio
206
578
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball_iv View Post
It looks awesome. I love I, Robot, that movie looks so awesome on the big screen. Kung Fu Panda looks awesome as well, I need to buy that movie.
Thanks, I'm really pleased with the way they turned out especially since me and my camera have a hate hate relationship.

Bill
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Projectors


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:13 AM.