Best 4K Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$89.99
16 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
16 hrs ago
The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.26
 
Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Terminator: Dark Fate 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
 
The Dark Knight Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$52.99
 
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2020, 12:31 AM   #3821
Alister_M Alister_M is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Alister_M's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
94
1242
16
13
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAObros View Post
The 08 disc is not particularly great looking with some encoding woes, print damage, wobble etc, but at least imo it looks like watching an old film print and not a DNR nightmare from hell
I chucked a 2-disc flipper tray in the case with my UHD disc, added both BDs- UHE for the extras, 2008 for a watchable 1080p copy - and tossed the slicks for both.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:57 AM   #3822
PoeticalBliss PoeticalBliss is offline
Banned
 
Jan 2020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAObros View Post
The 08 disc is not particularly great looking with some encoding woes, print damage, wobble etc, but at least imo it looks like watching an old film print and not a DNR nightmare from hell
Yeah the 4K version is just stunning. It instantly deletes every other version from the history of time. To me anyway lol. I'm so glad they finally got this film right. I waited a long ass time.

I personally would have preferred a 100Gb disc for all the grain though. I hope the encoding for this is decent.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:00 AM   #3823
Alister_M Alister_M is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Alister_M's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
94
1242
16
13
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticalBliss View Post
Yeah the 4K version is just stunning. It instantly deletes every other version from the history of time. To me anyway lol. I'm so glad they finally got this film right. I waited a long ass time.
To you and anyone else with a functioning set of eyeballs Anyone who says otherwise is wrong, and also an idiot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:30 PM   #3824
r9800pro r9800pro is offline
Expert Member
 
r9800pro's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
Egypt
43
690
5
Default

I just love shopping for movies during holidays



  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Alister_M (01-31-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 10:24 PM   #3825
Scottishguy Scottishguy is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Scottishguy's Avatar
 
Apr 2019
49
421
22
Default

Well I've watched Predator, and I don't get the grain complaints. All this talk of "10 out of 10 grain" "it's a swarm" I'm calling BS on these people. The source is fine, it's your tone mapping that's probably causing the grain field to light up like a Christmas tree.

Anyway, besides that. This is one fantastic UHD presentation. I really hope the now not Fox really gets back into releasing back catalogue titles. Speed would be great.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ToEhrIsHuman (02-21-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 02:07 AM   #3826
Alister_M Alister_M is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Alister_M's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
94
1242
16
13
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottishguy View Post
Well I've watched Predator, and I don't get the grain complaints. All this talk of "10 out of 10 grain" "it's a swarm" I'm calling BS on these people. The source is fine, it's your tone mapping that's probably causing the grain field to light up like a Christmas tree.

Anyway, besides that. This is one fantastic UHD presentation. I really hope the now not Fox really gets back into releasing back catalogue titles. Speed would be great.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Scottishguy (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 02:48 AM   #3827
Scottishguy Scottishguy is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Scottishguy's Avatar
 
Apr 2019
49
421
22
Default

Watching Predator 2. Another impressive UHD presentation, of course it has the advantage of all those bright daylight scenes. But it equally excels in it's darker moments.

I've never thought of Predator 2 as complete trash. I think even it's own director saids it was perhaps racist. Though I don't like to think a man of Danny Glovers intelligence would attach himself to something that's out and out racist.

But it's basicly just your early 90s societal anxiety shlock fest, near future urban crime out of control, with a Predator thrown in. And, for me, that's groovy.

I'm also feeling a little grateful it came early (all be it in a boxset) to the format. From what I recall Predator 2 took till 03 to get a DvD release, about a year before the format hit it's commercial peak in 04ish
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
johnnyringo7 (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 03:18 AM   #3828
Alister_M Alister_M is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Alister_M's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
94
1242
16
13
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottishguy View Post

I've never thought of Predator 2 as complete trash. I think even it's own director saids it was perhaps racist. Though I don't like to think a man of Danny Glovers intelligence would attach himself to something that's out and out racist.

But it's basicly just your early 90s societal anxiety shlock fest, near future urban crime out of control, with a Predator thrown in. And, for me, that's groovy.
That seems like an odd thing for him to say. I mean sure it has Colombian and Jamaican drug gangs, but aside from Bill Paxton all the main hero-cop characters are black or Latino, which pretty much puts it on the same level as Bad Boys II. And at least it avoids the usual sequel trap of shamelessly recycling the plot of the original.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (02-22-2020), JimDiGriz (02-22-2020), johnnyringo7 (02-22-2020), Scottishguy (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 03:37 AM   #3829
Scottishguy Scottishguy is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Scottishguy's Avatar
 
Apr 2019
49
421
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister_M View Post
That seems like an odd thing for him to say. I mean sure it has Colombian and Jamaican drug gangs, but aside from Bill Paxton all the main hero-cop characters are black or Latino, which pretty much puts it on the same level as Bad Boys II. And at least it avoids the usual sequel trap of shamelessly recycling the plot of the original.
Very. Hopkins is also Jamaican born. I like how they expand on the Predators ethics and morality, that they aren't just mindless killers.

I also don't get why some people think that in the sequel that the protagonists being cops is a criticism
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 04:11 AM   #3830
TXMoviebuff77 TXMoviebuff77 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
TXMoviebuff77's Avatar
 
Jun 2017
San Antonio, TX
257
783
1
Default

Predator 2 is way more violent than the first one. Predators is actually a pretty solid film & captured the spirit of the first one. I feel Shane Black’s The Predator is kind of a homage to both 1 & 2, while not perfect still solid & I expected more from it. At least it didn’t suck. Unlike Alien these movies are actually all good & give the series more than it deserves.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Scottishguy (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 05:39 AM   #3831
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
304
1879
146
24
69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMoviebuff77 View Post
Predator 2 is way more violent than the first one. Predators is actually a pretty solid film & captured the spirit of the first one. I feel Shane Blackís The Predator is kind of a homage to both 1 & 2, while not perfect still solid & I expected more from it. At least it didnít suck. Unlike Alien these movies are actually all good & give the series more than it deserves.
I hated The Predator the first time, kinda loved it the second time. Reminds me of Prometheus that way. Who knows what I'll think the third time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:42 AM   #3832
TXMoviebuff77 TXMoviebuff77 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
TXMoviebuff77's Avatar
 
Jun 2017
San Antonio, TX
257
783
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
I hated The Predator the first time, kinda loved it the second time. Reminds me of Prometheus that way. Who knows what I'll think the third time.
Makes total sense to me. I felt the same way when I first watch The Predator & then I thought itís really not so bad, it paid homage to the whole series.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 07:23 AM   #3833
Alister_M Alister_M is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Alister_M's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
94
1242
16
13
4
Default

I expected to hate The Predator a lot more than I did. But I was expecting a silly mess, and that's exactly what it is. But it's a silly mess with badass Predators running around mangling people in all sorts of interesting ways, so it's still damn good fun. Could have done without the whole brain-damaged Pred-doggo plotline though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 01:04 PM   #3834
Comcam Comcam is offline
Member
 
Feb 2017
4
5
Default

just picked up the 3 movie set at a used store for $9 unopened! can't wait to watch them.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Scottishguy (02-23-2020)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:59 AM.