Best 4K Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
 
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
 
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.54
 
Oceans: Our Blue Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Man of Steel 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
 
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
The Dark Knight Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$52.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2018, 06:57 PM   #41
Charlie_C Charlie_C is offline
Expert Member
 
Charlie_C's Avatar
 
May 2017
UK
110
311
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Here we go with the uncut sloblock, if it's the current cut then I'm fine with that
Me too, I still find the current version as it is hard to watch. I'm not sure I need it to be even gorier
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:00 PM   #42
ROSS.T.G. ROSS.T.G. is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
ROSS.T.G.'s Avatar
 
Jan 2010
In my theatre room
49
317
1452
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Phil View Post

and where is our Home Alone UHD, yo!? The holiday season is nearly upon us and still no announcement. Phil is getting antsy!
I know, I was really hoping for both Home Alone and Vacation this year. Maybe next year...
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Fat Phil (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 07:07 PM   #43
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Blu-ray King
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
520
1763
5
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_C View Post
Me too, I still find the current version as it is hard to watch. I'm not sure I need it to be even gorier
I mean, I wouldn't say no to an uncut version but any Casino thread will devolve into endless wank about the uncut version, whether people saw it in the cinema or not, blah blah rinse and repeat. As you were, gents.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Charlie_C (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 07:18 PM   #44
CineSicko CineSicko is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2016
1049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
I mean, I wouldn't say no to an uncut version but any Casino thread will devolve into endless wank about the uncut version, whether people saw it in the cinema or not, blah blah rinse and repeat. As you were, gents.
No one saw the director's cut in the theater, or at all. That's why there's a mystique surrounding it, and since we live in a time when uncut versions typically surface on video, the ones that haven't are still being discussed. It's a valid topic, and any Scorsese fan should be agitated by the fact that his true vision has yet to be released.

Again, the current version is just great, and it's exciting that a 4K release is forthcoming, but no one should be annoyed by the discussion of the as of yet unreleased original cut, only annoyance over its absence.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dallywhitty (06-09-2019)
Old 11-11-2018, 07:30 PM   #45
ROSS.T.G. ROSS.T.G. is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
ROSS.T.G.'s Avatar
 
Jan 2010
In my theatre room
49
317
1452
16
Default

So we’re discussing a version of the film that nobody has seen or even know if it exists. Makes sense.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
CptHowdy87 (09-09-2019)
Old 11-11-2018, 07:32 PM   #46
CineSicko CineSicko is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2016
1049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSS.T.G. View Post
So weíre discussing a version of the film that nobody has seen or even know if it exists. Makes sense.
Well, I'm done discussing it, as it's now been mentioned. Now please, go take a Calgon bath and try to relax a bit, you're clearly upset to the point of seeing red... which I personally find very amusing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:33 PM   #47
FilmFreakosaurus FilmFreakosaurus is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Apr 2012
US of A
306
17
Default

Hell yeah!



And The Departed too while we're at it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #48
ROSS.T.G. ROSS.T.G. is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
ROSS.T.G.'s Avatar
 
Jan 2010
In my theatre room
49
317
1452
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CineSicko View Post
Well, I'm done discussing it, as it's now been mentioned. Now please, go take a Calgon bath and try to relax a bit, you're clearly upset to the point of seeing red... which I personally find very amusing.
Lol ummm no. I’m really not upset at all. Do I think it’s a stupid conversation and have I read stupid posts from you before? Yes to both. I think you might have mental issues if you read my post as seeing red.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #49
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Blu-ray King
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
520
1763
5
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CineSicko View Post
No one saw the director's cut in the theater, or at all. That's why there's a mystique surrounding it, and since we live in a time when uncut versions typically surface on video, the ones that haven't are still being discussed. It's a valid topic, and any Scorsese fan should be agitated by the fact that his true vision has yet to be released.

Again, the current version is just great, and it's exciting that a 4K release is forthcoming, but no one should be annoyed by the discussion of the as of yet unreleased original cut, only annoyance over its absence.
I've seen the discussion repeated ad infinitum in many Casino threads (and not just on this forum) and in those threads even tangientially related to it so I'm getting my displeasure out of the way early in the proceedings.

Scorsese has enough clout to do his own "agitating" to get Casino restored to this mythical uncut state - he made sure to fix the falling number plate goof in Goodfellas' 4K transfer, for example - so if the UHD is the same cut as it is now then I'm happy enough to take that as an implicit approval on his behalf. Not that it'll lay the issue to rest of course, but it'll be good enough for me. If it's uncut, so much the better, but the inevitable succession of pages banging on about it won't make any difference either way.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Fat Phil (11-11-2018), Noremac Mij (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 07:46 PM   #50
CineSicko CineSicko is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2016
1049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSS.T.G. View Post
Lol ummm no. Iím really not upset at all. Do I think itís a stupid conversation and have I read stupid posts from you before? Yes to both. I think you might have mental issues if you read my post as seeing red.
I've seen your posts too, and was never impressed. I guess we're at an impasse. Too bad you think discussion about the director's cut of a movie is "stupid". I personally find that very odd indeed, and I couldn't care less if you've seen the subject discussed elsewhere.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:50 PM   #51
Dailyan Dailyan is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Dailyan's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
Beyond the Blue Horizon
56
1025
126
27
33
Default

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ROSS.T.G. (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #52
ROSS.T.G. ROSS.T.G. is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
ROSS.T.G.'s Avatar
 
Jan 2010
In my theatre room
49
317
1452
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CineSicko View Post
I've seen your posts too, and was never impressed. I guess we're at an impasse. Too bad you think discussion about the director's cut of a movie is "stupid". I personally find that very odd indeed, and I couldn't care less if you've seen the subject discussed elsewhere.
Yes I agree we cannot be friends. I think it would be a valid conversation to have if someone had actually seen the cut or if it was available on previous formats. Then sure why not. But complaining that a directors cut that hasnít even been confirmed to exist for this release does feel a little silly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:01 PM   #53
imsounoriginal imsounoriginal is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
imsounoriginal's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
DMV
189
765
82
2
51
Default

Wow hell yeah, day one. One of the most compulsively rewatchable movies ever made IMHO.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Fat Phil (11-11-2018), Geoff D (11-11-2018), MattPerdue (11-12-2018), Nothing371 (11-11-2018), ROSS.T.G. (11-11-2018), UltraMario9 (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 08:14 PM   #54
bradnoyes bradnoyes is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bradnoyes's Avatar
 
Dec 2016
363
559
146
Default

Just last night I was listening to Scorsese's commentary on the Criterion release of The Red Shoes and thinking, "damn it, why the **** aren't there more Scorsese movies in 4K yet???" And now here we are. I'll take the credit for this one.

[Show spoiler]
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ROSS.T.G. (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 08:17 PM   #55
Guydowood Guydowood is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Guydowood's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Guydowood, GA
290
2190
84
621
842
622
2
2508
48
Default

pic.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (11-12-2018), Dailyan (11-11-2018), linkasaur (12-11-2018), MartinScorsesefan (11-11-2018), OutOfBoose (11-11-2018), ROSS.T.G. (11-11-2018), UltraMario9 (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 08:19 PM   #56
HeavyHitter HeavyHitter is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
HeavyHitter's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
8
63
Default

It will be nice to have this alongside Goodfellas on my 4K disc shelf.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (11-12-2018), Fat Phil (11-11-2018), Geoff D (11-11-2018), imsounoriginal (11-11-2018), ROSS.T.G. (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 08:35 PM   #57
JohnCarpenterFan JohnCarpenterFan is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
JohnCarpenterFan's Avatar
 
Jun 2015
294
Default

There are plenty of films where the international cuts had more violence/gore yet the versions we have on home video are shorter because they use the MPAA R-rated theatrical versions of the films.

It is what it is, a lot of the time the best source for the extra footage is from international release prints. If Universal couldn't find high quality elements then I think they'd just settle for the R-rated version and not bother scanning a print for footage that would look out of place in the presentation anyway.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 08:38 PM   #58
Cinema84 Cinema84 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Jun 2012
167
3443
665
108
Default

That link in the OP is for Filmarena. Do people realize they're a premium Czech label whose products are notoriously hard to come by? If this is for one of their fancy steels I expect a bloodbath come preorder time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:39 PM   #59
CineSicko CineSicko is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2016
1049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCarpenterFan View Post
There are plenty of films where the international cuts had more violence/gore yet the versions we have on home video are shorter because they use the MPAA R-rated theatrical versions of the films.

It is what it is, a lot of the time the best source for the extra footage is from international release prints. If Universal couldn't find high quality elements then I think they'd just settle for the R-rated version and not bother scanning a print for footage that would look out of place in the presentation anyway.
The cut footage would be nice as bonus features. Unfortunately, Universal never does such a thing, except for a select handful of horror titles. The word is that they absolutely refused to allow the cut footage of NIGHTHAWKS to be released when Shout was working on that one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #60
CineSicko CineSicko is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2016
1049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notops View Post
Would you post a quote from a movie with the N-word in it?

No. You wouldn't. So don't try to hide behind the movie.
This is pretty interesting, as I didn't realize that the word in question was still considered so potentially hurtful. I have Jewish friends who call each other that word (and others, which I won't post here) but they would never touch the forbidden "K" word. You learn something new every day.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:47 PM.