Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
D-Day: Normandy 1944 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
14 hrs ago
Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Deepwater Horizon 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.16

Zombieland: Double Tap 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.04

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 12-05-2018, 04:33 PM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013

The first trailer didn't really do much for me. I honestly thought this was going to be more of a drama. I don't know if you would call it a teaser trailer or not, but the second trailer painted a much different picture than what I was expecting from this movie. Overall I think it will have stronger personal elements than what we have seen from Transformers, but i'm hoping there is still action aplenty. It is Bumblebee after all.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:54 PM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFreakosaurus View Post
It also depends on the writer (or usually in these cases, writers) and if Michael Bay interfered.

Some directors need solid screenplays behind them, or they flounder.
It's the writer of Shut In, Unforgettable and the upcoming Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of one Harley Quinn) penning the script for Bumblebee.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:57 PM   #43
Expert Member

Apr 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottyaboutpotter1 View Post
It's the writer of Shut In, Unforgettable and the upcoming Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of one Harley Quinn) penning the script for Bumblebee.
Iíve heard the script for Shut In was actually pretty good before they put it into production.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:32 PM   #44
Special Member

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottyaboutpotter1 View Post
If it helps, the director of this film is Travis Knight who directed Kubo and the Two Strings which was very well received critically.
That definitely does help.
Thanks given by:
pottyaboutpotter1 (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 07:41 PM   #45
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2008
Durham, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonDragon View Post
Iíve heard the script for Shut In was actually pretty good before they put it into production.
And sheís writing BATGIRL.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:44 PM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2016

What I liked about the trailers so far is that it looks like this movie was directed by an honest-to-goodness adult, which will be a first for the series.
Thanks given by:
guachi (12-21-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 08:03 PM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

The other Transformers movies were directed by an adult. Just not a very good adult.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:24 PM   #48
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Shield Headquarters

I am seeing this movie on the big screen with dolby atmos on Saturday in 4K. Can't wait to see how this turns out! I think it's going to look amazing but I really hope this reboot or rebrand or whatever kicks off a good new transformers series. The last two movies were really meh.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:33 PM   #49
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwidowavenger1964 View Post
I am seeing this movie on the big screen with dolby atmos on Saturday in 4K. Can't wait to see how this turns out! I think it's going to look amazing but I really hope this reboot or rebrand or whatever kicks off a good new transformers series. The last two movies were really meh.

Transformers started off dumb and became comatose/brain-dead where Bay and the "writers" were practically reveling in how bad they could make the films.

God only knows how this sort of reboot will be.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #50
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

I think the movie looks good (saw a test screening several months ago, but I don't wanna talk about it and risk any kind of trouble until after the movie's out), and I've enjoyed all the Bay movies to varying degrees as well. The last two were the weakest, but all five suffer from being way longer than they need to be. Had they all been under two hours, they'd be borderline perfect as far as mindless popcorn entertainment goes. Bay is a great technical director, and he clearly understands story and pacing based on his superior work in movies like Bad Boys/The Rock/Pain and Gain/13 Hours. I dunno why he ignores those instincts so much with these movies.
Thanks given by:
levcore (12-12-2018), lgans316 (02-17-2019)
Old 12-05-2018, 08:47 PM   #51
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

My guess is because there's not much story to tell with these types of movies. Good kids cartoon show story doesn't always translate well in live action. That would be just a guess though.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:01 PM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
My guess is because there's not much story to tell with these types of movies. Good kids cartoon show story doesn't always translate well in live action. That would be just a guess though.

It's because the Transformer writers have been poor to terrible and it seemed like Bay didn't give a damn.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:10 PM   #53
Special Member

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
I think the movie looks good (saw a test screening several months ago, but I don't wanna talk about it and risk any kind of trouble until after the movie's out), and I've enjoyed all the Bay movies to varying degrees as well. The last two were the weakest, but all five suffer from being way longer than they need to be. Had they all been under two hours, they'd be borderline perfect as far as mindless popcorn entertainment goes. Bay is a great technical director, and he clearly understands story and pacing based on his superior work in movies like Bad Boys/The Rock/Pain and Gain/13 Hours. I dunno why he ignores those instincts so much with these movies.
How about if you liked the movie, give us a thumbs up, but if you didn't like it, don't say anything at all?
Thanks given by:
EbonDragon (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 11:15 PM   #54
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

From Best Buy Canada.

Thanks given by:
King Crimson (12-06-2018), ray0414 (12-06-2018), weberrygt (12-12-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 03:18 AM   #55
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
I think the movie looks good (saw a test screening several months ago, but I don't wanna talk about it and risk any kind of trouble until after the movie's out), and I've enjoyed all the Bay movies to varying degrees as well. The last two were the weakest, but all five suffer from being way longer than they need to be. Had they all been under two hours, they'd be borderline perfect as far as mindless popcorn entertainment goes.
I actually think the first two are pretty perfect when it comes to length, and balancing action and everything.

Itís only from Dark of the Moon-on where there are definitely some parts that drag a bit too much. In my opinion of course.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:52 PM   #56
Expert Member

Jul 2018
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcrk View Post
Itís only from Dark of the Moon-on where there are definitely some parts that drag a bit too much. In my opinion of course.
Most Definitely. Dark of the Moon could've shaved off some stuff, Age of Extinction was the bigger offender of this especially with the Dinosaur/Creator nonsense they put in it, and the other Subplot with Tucci.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:56 PM   #57
Power Member

Jul 2018
Seattle

Saw this on Saturday the 7th. This is easily the best Tranformers movie, and its not even close. Has a very 80s movie feel, and the storyline is very similar to E.T. for better and worse. All in all, highly recommend checking this one out, and just like the other transformer films, I'm sure this will be a stunner on 4k blu ray.
Thanks given by:
Eeeper (12-17-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 06:58 PM   #58
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011

I kind of hate when they have disc pre-orders available before the movie is even released. Whenever I see that, I'm just like, oh cool I can skip the theater and wait.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:00 PM   #59
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcrk View Post
I actually think the first two are pretty perfect when it comes to length, and balancing action and everything.

Yeah actually the first one is mostly fine. RotF is less of an offender than the other three, but still could've been tightened up a bit in the second act.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

Amazon pre-order link.

https://www.amazon.com/BumbleBee-4K-Blu-ray/dp/B07JVF7QW4/

Thanks given by:
King Crimson (12-21-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies