Best 4K Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
14 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
16 hrs ago
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.54
 
Man of Steel 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
16 hrs ago
Oceans: Our Blue Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
15 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Star Trek Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.90
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2019, 06:54 AM   #41
MadmanMark MadmanMark is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2011
1
4
Default

Movie takes place in the 90s. According to one review I read, 95 to be exact, not sure how that affects the military plane stuff, just know that the movie most certainly takes place in the 90s as I saw it earlier tonight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:07 AM   #42
KazzPetrelli KazzPetrelli is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
KazzPetrelli's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
Malaysia
205
1130
67
174
147
Disney

Watched it! To a fanboy's point of view, there's a lot of Easter egg and stuff that makes this fanboy happy all months up until End Game arrives! Nevertheless, it's fairly entertaining
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:09 AM   #43
motorheadache95 motorheadache95 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
motorheadache95's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus494 View Post
I thought it was supposed to be in the 80s? At any rate, F-22s and F-35s in 1995 is still wrong; neither existed then. The F-22 program was well under way by then, but no jets had been made; the first flight wasn't until 1997 and service entry in 2005. As for the F-35, 1995 was when the JSF program was started, so it wouldn't even have been on the drawing board at that time.
Nope, it's 1995 I double-checked. Explanation: It's the Marvel Universe, where technology developments are sped up compared to the real world because of SHIELD and whatnot. There you go
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:10 AM   #44
Agent Kay Agent Kay is offline
Banned
 
May 2018
57
57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus494 View Post
Everyone's *****ing about "Mary Sue" this or "Cheese Larson" that, and I don't care about either "issue". After seeing the first trailer, I was just sitting there wondering "what the hell are F-22s and F-35s doing in a movie that takes place in the 80s?"
Its a 90s movie
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:18 AM   #45
levcore levcore is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Dryland
93
1714
3
Default

So is this set in the 80's?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
fighthefutureofhd (04-28-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 08:29 AM   #46
hariseldon hariseldon is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-
151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadache95 View Post
It takes place in 1995. I have no idea if that clears it up (know nothing about jets) but there you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadmanMark View Post
Movie takes place in the 90s. According to one review I read, 95 to be exact, not sure how that affects the military plane stuff, just know that the movie most certainly takes place in the 90s as I saw it earlier tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadache95 View Post
Nope, it's 1995 I double-checked. Explanation: It's the Marvel Universe, where technology developments are sped up compared to the real world because of SHIELD and whatnot. There you go
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Kay View Post
Its a 90s movie
Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
So is this set in the 80's?
Sometimes I really feel like I'm missing something


OTOH -- are people seriously arguing about the wrong planes being in a Fantasy movie from an alternate Multi-verse with Aliens attacking Earth and multiple beings with SuperPowers? I lived through the 80 and 90's and I really don;t remember Kree or flying shape shifting or cities being blown up -- I think I can separate this from a Documentary

Last edited by hariseldon; 03-07-2019 at 05:40 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
afr52 (03-08-2019), Gillietalls (03-08-2019), Gogoplata1980 (03-08-2019), SeattleDucks (05-20-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 09:02 AM   #47
Nothing371 Nothing371 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Nothing371's Avatar
 
Jul 2015
Minneapolis
201
553
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzPetrelli View Post
Watched it! To a fanboy's point of view, there's a lot of Easter egg and stuff that makes this fanboy happy all months up until End Game arrives! Nevertheless, it's fairly entertaining
That's the mark they have to hit in order for millennials to enjoy things these days; were there enough references that they got?

remember the 90s?? *wink wink* *nudge nudge*
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
KazzPetrelli (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 11:20 PM   #48
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
304
1879
146
24
69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing371 View Post
That's the mark they have to hit in order for millennials to enjoy things these days; were there enough references that they got?

remember the 90s?? *wink wink* *nudge nudge*
The "nostalgia for 20 years ago" train has been choo-chooing since at least the 70s, when 50s nostalgia was a big deal. It not like millennials created it. Just a natural human thing, when you reach 30-40, to think back to your teen years and how much "better" everything was, even if you're lying to yourself.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
afr52 (03-08-2019), BlueberryWaffles (03-15-2019), Brandon B (03-08-2019), Doctorossi (03-07-2019), fighthefutureofhd (04-28-2019), frogjunk65 (03-08-2019), knives>ramona (04-01-2019), MechaGodzilla (04-28-2019), RoxyRoads (11-26-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 11:26 PM   #49
Doctorossi Doctorossi is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Doctorossi's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
114
459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
The "nostalgia for 20 years ago" train has been choo-chooing since at least the 70s, when 50s nostalgia was a big deal. It not like millennials created it. Just a natural human thing, when you reach 30-40, to think back to your teen years and how much "better" everything was, even if you're lying to yourself.
Hey, man... remember when we used to play Bingo?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:09 AM   #50
openviews openviews is offline
Senior Member
 
openviews's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
UK
Default

4K and 3D Steelbooks live at Zavvi

4K

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/captai.../12061641.html



4K Collectors Edition (limited to 1000 worldwide)

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/captai.../12060729.html











3D

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/captai.../12061642.html

3D Collectors Edition (limited to 1000 worldwide)

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/captai.../12060728.html
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
cynatnite (03-08-2019), frogjunk65 (03-08-2019), hagios (03-11-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 02:14 AM   #51
imsounoriginal imsounoriginal is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
imsounoriginal's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
DMV
189
765
82
2
51
Default

Enjoyed this despite the rocky start. Not much of a looker but the VFX were pretty good by MCU standards. Lots of bass in this one that'll hopefully make it to the UHD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:22 AM   #52
frogjunk65 frogjunk65 is offline
Senior Member
 
frogjunk65's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
An Island
23
669
143
20
Default

Just got back. Found it very enjoyable and entertaining. Iím starting to think people have a problem with female superheroes or badasses. This will bring in a ton of money. I just donít like the negative feedback when it comes to females. You can kid yourselves all you want. Males donít get called out as often and are allowed to age.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
rexcrk (03-08-2019), SeattleDucks (05-20-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 02:27 AM   #53
cynatnite cynatnite is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
cynatnite's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Kingsport, TN
258
784
405
30
42
34
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogjunk65 View Post
Just got back. Found it very enjoyable and entertaining. Iím starting to think people have a problem with female superheroes or badasses. This will bring in a ton of money. I just donít like the negative feedback when it comes to females. You can kid yourselves all you want. Males donít get called out as often and are allowed to age.
Most people don't have a problem, but those that do are just little dicks who can't deal with a strong woman taking the lead.

Criticizing a film because it's a bad film is one thing, but doing so because the lead is a woman is quite another and should be unacceptable.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
craigpb (03-08-2019), frogjunk65 (03-08-2019), Gillietalls (03-08-2019), MaDMaX** (03-08-2019), RoxyRoads (11-26-2019), SeattleDucks (05-20-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 02:51 AM   #54
imsounoriginal imsounoriginal is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
imsounoriginal's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
DMV
189
765
82
2
51
Default

It is legitimately choppy and poorly paced for the first half-hour or so, and I was kinda worried about how the rest of the movie would turn out. This is one of the less distinctive MCU movies as far as having its director's stamp on it, like Gunn or Waititi or even Favreau. But once things focus more on Danvers and Fury, the movie really kicks into gear and by the end of it, I was overall pretty positive. It's not top-shelf MCU but it's not one of the worst, either. I dunno how much the trailers give away but I'd avoid spoilers as much as possible, the narrative goes places I wasn't expecting it to (especially re: the villain). And the mid-credits scene is great. Larson's also good; not amazing, but perfectly fine.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
cynatnite (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 03:01 AM   #55
cynatnite cynatnite is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
cynatnite's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Kingsport, TN
258
784
405
30
42
34
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by openviews View Post
[Show spoiler]4K and 3D Steelbooks live at Zavvi

4K

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/captai.../12061641.html



4K Collectors Edition (limited to 1000 worldwide)

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/captai.../12060729.html











3D

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/captai.../12061642.html

3D Collectors Edition (limited to 1000 worldwide)

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/captai.../12060728.html
I haven't special ordered Steels in a while, but this looks pretty nice. I might have to play magic with the bank account for this one. We bought a car today.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:14 AM   #56
BluProofie BluProofie is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
BluProofie's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
New York City
47
737
105
81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
It is legitimately choppy and poorly paced for the first half-hour or so, and I was kinda worried about how the rest of the movie would turn out. This is one of the less distinctive MCU movies as far as having its director's stamp on it, like Gunn or Waititi or even Favreau. But once things focus more on Danvers and Fury, the movie really kicks into gear and by the end of it, I was overall pretty positive. It's not top-shelf MCU but it's not one of the worst, either. I dunno how much the trailers give away but I'd avoid spoilers as much as possible, the narrative goes places I wasn't expecting it to (especially re: the villain). And the mid-credits scene is great. Larson's also good; not amazing, but perfectly fine.
It’s good. It has the same issue Doctor Strange has where they’re clearly afraid of getting too weird with the character and origin so they kind of gloss over a lot of stuff(the Kree and Skrull stuff especially) and make it more accessible to the general audience. And like you said the first act is a mess.

Larson is pretty good but she isn’t given much to work with. Just look at what she can do in Room and Short Term 12. It’s a shame the material isn’t really there, but then again it is a superhero movie.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
imsounoriginal (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 05:06 AM   #57
bingtau bingtau is offline
Special Member
 
bingtau's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
WI
1
72
483
7
Default

Def a day one purchase for myself.... Love this film!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:33 AM   #58
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
304
1879
146
24
69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorossi View Post
Hey, man... remember when we used to play Bingo?
Remember when everyone wore black, rap-rock was popular, movies were cropped for home video, women wore baggy clothes and we had race riots in the U.S.? Man those were the days! Oh wait...
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
frogjunk65 (03-08-2019), RoxyRoads (11-26-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 06:04 AM   #59
frogjunk65 frogjunk65 is offline
Senior Member
 
frogjunk65's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
An Island
23
669
143
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Remember when everyone wore black, rap-rock was popular, movies were cropped for home video, women wore baggy clothes and we had race riots in the U.S.? Man those were the days! Oh wait...
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:54 AM   #60
abbazappaplant abbazappaplant is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2008
125
19
Default

I was a teen in this '95 era... Things weren't better! Well, musical diversity was, but other than that, no nostalgia from me. And don't get me started on comic book movies from the 90s... Blechhhh

I agree the first half hour was a bit of a chore, but after that the pacing was better. It wasn't the strongest origin entry, but it had some really good moments.

As to the point of this thread... The 4k HDR glory that is going to pop off our home screens from all the delicious photon glows and zaps and whiz-bangs is going to be uhhhhh-mazing!!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:09 AM.