Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
2 hrs ago
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.63

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.54

Terminator: Dark Fate 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Man of Steel 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 11-16-2019, 06:22 PM   #41
Expert Member

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBlu_DaBaDee View Post
Despite Disney+ I still want to have a physical 4K copy of every Star Wars Saga Episode.
Am I the only one that will not get on board the Disney+ boat until there are no more physical releases?

Chris
Old 11-16-2019, 08:55 PM   #42
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
It wasn't directed at you at all, more the sentiment already expressed in this thread and elsewhere with the launch of D+, it's amazing how cheap convenience can just whip the carpet out from under us. Unfortunately most threads for new Disney movies going forward will end up with more and more people espousing such comments, it's going to get rather depressing. Though while you're here, that you don't actually like any modern movies and thus aren't buying any then that doesn't help our cause anyway.

That's kinda the thing though, it's almost like the movies themselves are inconsequential at this point in time. If they just released the steelbooks on their own (no discs, I mean) they'd probably sell as many.
Oh I agree with this big time. Physical media is suddenly a bad thing around here just because D+ is out. Meh. Streaming is great for some stuff. I said SOME. Most enthusiasts definitely want their favorites on disc though and that includes Star Wars. Hell, Iíd love to get a release of TROS in 3D so Iíd have all the sequel films in 3D.

But, Iím fine with just getting the entire SW set in 4K on DISC. I will pay the money. If they restrict it to just streaming then eff that. Iíll just stick with the Blu-rayís. This sudden impending departure from physical media is pretty frustrating, IMO.
Thanks given by:
RoxyRoads (12-17-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 09:14 PM   #43
Expert Member

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotASpeckOfCereal View Post
Am I the only one that will not get on board the Disney+ boat until there are no more physical releases?

Chris
I donít plan on signing up for it. Disney is trying to take over the world!
Thanks given by:
FilmFreakosaurus (11-20-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 09:21 PM   #44
Banned

May 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd97 View Post
Thank God for game of thrones form Hbo who have no parent company and are totally independent
Thanks given by:
RoxyRoads (12-17-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 10:07 PM   #45
Expert Member

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Kay View Post
Thank God for game of thrones form Hbo who have no parent company and are totally independent
That doesnít even deserve a response. Schwing!
Old 11-16-2019, 10:14 PM   #46
Special Member

Mar 2016

Where the hell is The Force Awakens?
Old 11-17-2019, 02:03 PM   #47
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2014

Quote:

Chris
I'm pretty sure the majority of people now will go into a store and balk at the 6-movie Saga set being $100 and the singles being $25 ($30 4K) each and think "why would I buy this when they are all in 4K DVA for $70 a year on D+?"
Old 11-17-2019, 02:34 PM   #48
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrok View Post
I'm pretty sure the majority of people now will go into a store and balk at the 6-movie Saga set being $100 and the singles being $25 ($30 4K) each and think "why would I buy this when they are all in 4K DVA for $70 a year on D+?"
Except for a brief blip when DVD was booming though, this was always the case. People rented from Blockbuster in the 80s and 90s instead of buying, and they watch on streaming services now. Collectors have always been niche, and the DVD boom was an outlier fad. That's why constant comparisons to the DVD boom years is misleading as to whether a niche disc format has a future.
Thanks given by:
fighthefutureofhd (11-18-2019), Geoff D (11-18-2019), RoxyRoads (12-17-2019)
Old 11-17-2019, 03:24 PM   #49
Banned

Aug 2018

This entire forum has been super quiet after Disney+ launched. Movie collectors are just like any other people, they’re cheap, greedy, lazy, and want convenience. And now they’re watching Star Wars movies in 4K and all of that Marvel dreck and no time for physical media. The same people who called me a troll for buying an occasional iTunes movie. Even dvdmike and Geoff got themselves Disney+. The irony!
Old 11-17-2019, 03:39 PM   #50

May 2018
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noremac Mij View Post
This entire forum has been super quiet after Disney+ launched. Movie collectors are just like any other people, theyíre cheap, greedy, lazy, and want convenience. And now theyíre watching Star Wars movies in 4K and all of that Marvel dreck and no time for physical media. The same people who called me a troll for buying an occasional iTunes movie. Even dvdmike and Geoff got themselves Disney+. The irony!
Unless your internet speed can't handle 4k HDR. Plus my Samsung app doesn't even support 4k. And Star Wars it not even 4k here in the Netherlands (just in the States).
Old 11-17-2019, 05:26 PM   #51
Expert Member

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrok View Post
Yes, there will. This world has become subscription crazy.

I will still be "Yeah, but that's $100 for the set, owned forever, and much higher quality, not reliant on low-bit-stream service (which could go down or be throttled)"

vs.

"You pay $70 per year (this will go up) for lower quality, and yes that's for more content on the channel than one $100 series set, but that's also just for one channel. Add up all the channels you are subscribing to, which comes with a lot of content you will never watch, and realize that you don't own a single bit of it."

It seems like a no-brainer to me.
Thanks given by:
s2mikey (11-17-2019), steev210 (11-17-2019)
Old 11-17-2019, 05:43 PM   #52
Special Member

Jun 2012
In a movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy View Post
Unless your internet speed can't handle 4k HDR. Plus my Samsung app doesn't even support 4k. And Star Wars it not even 4k here in the Netherlands (just in the States).
That's not true, it's also in Dolby Vision in the Netherlands.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:54 PM   #53
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

Quote:
Yes, there will. This world has become subscription crazy.

I will still be "Yeah, but that's $100 for the set, owned forever, and much higher quality, not reliant on low-bit-stream service (which could go down or be throttled)"

vs.

"You pay $70 per year (this will go up) for lower quality, and yes that's for more content on the channel than one $100 series set, but that's also just for one channel. Add up all the channels you are subscribing to, which comes with a lot of content you will never watch, and realize that you don't own a single bit of it."

It seems like a no-brainer to me.
It’s a no brainer if quality is your main concern which for my favorite movies it most certainly is. Sure, I’m perfectly content streaming TV shows and plenty of "watch once and forget" movies. But, for stuff I care about and will rewatch for the rest of my life? Screw that. I’ll take my physical UHD disc. Vapor ware just isn’t going to cut it. Maybe it does for those that watch movies on their phones while taking a dump but anyone that genuinely cares about quality, you’ll demand a disc for your favorite content.

And no, you do not own any of it. Ever. You’re just renting it. That also means they can pull it a anytime, make changes to it, etc, etc. Not good enough. Sorry.
Thanks given by:
MartinScorsesefan (01-07-2020)
Old 11-17-2019, 06:57 PM   #54

May 2018
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguejp View Post
That's not true, it's also in Dolby Vision in the Netherlands.
All the Dutch people I know from online boards confirmed it's only HD for them. Even outside of the Samsung app (which doesn't even support anything in 4k). Odd.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:27 PM   #55
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noremac Mij View Post
This entire forum has been super quiet after Disney+ launched. Movie collectors are just like any other people, theyíre cheap, greedy, lazy, and want convenience. And now theyíre watching Star Wars movies in 4K and all of that Marvel dreck and no time for physical media. The same people who called me a troll for buying an occasional iTunes movie. Even dvdmike and Geoff got themselves Disney+. The irony!
A collector's niche market doesn't require people to abstain from the mainstream option. Most people who aren't insane like me rent/stream for the most part and buy the movies they really like for their collection, or collect a specific genre/era. I fully plan to eventually subscribe to Disney+ for the Star Wars shows, and CBS All Access for the Picard show, and none of that means I wouldn't buy discs of my favorites.

If laserdisc could be a profitable niche market in the Blockbuster Video era there's zero reason BD/UHD couldn't be a profitable niche market in the streaming era. The only reason it might not be is because studios might actively prefer their stuff being streaming exclusive, to boost subscriptions.
Thanks given by:
RoxyRoads (12-17-2019)
Old 11-17-2019, 10:17 PM   #56
Special Member

Jun 2012
In a movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy View Post
All the Dutch people I know from online boards confirmed it's only HD for them. Even outside of the Samsung app (which doesn't even support anything in 4k). Odd.
I live in the Netherlands and have a LG OLED and it's really 4k Ultra HD Dolby Vision.
Which boards do you mean? Allesoverfilm or others?
Old 11-17-2019, 10:46 PM   #57

May 2018
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguejp View Post
I live in the Netherlands and have a LG OLED and it's really 4k Ultra HD Dolby Vision.
Which boards do you mean? Allesoverfilm or others?
Iíve read posts on tweakers and FOK!. Must have been wrong then.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:24 PM   #58
Special Member

Mar 2008

I have no issue with D+ as long as there are good original shows on it that are worth the subscription fee. Yet it’s existence doesn’t change my feeling towards owning their movies on disc whatsoever.
If I want to watch a Disney movie, I’ll put the disc on that’s on my shelf. As long as the discs are superior in quality to streaming (and we’re a long old way off from that changing) then it’s discs for movies, and their streaming service for their new shows. No problemo.

This slight window to sell us the movie before it’s ‘free’ on the service....they’re not going to pass that up.
You think you won’t be able to buy a digital copy of ROS through D+ in March/April? Of course you will. But there’ll still be a physical for the rest of us who want the best possible version of it. Whether that bad boy is bundled in with the rest of the saga at that point or not, well who knows! Yet every dollar they can get will be accounted for before they stream it on the service for the barebones subscribers. You can count on that.

I’ll be staggered if they don’t use the likes of this movie and Frozen II to bring new subscribers in. A discount to D+ if they subscribe when buying the digital copy through the app or something. The entire set-up and potential for Disney to decimate Wall Street forecasts on all this stuff is frightening.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:11 AM   #59
Power Member

Oct 2012
Wilmington, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd97 View Post
Aint nothing wrong with that.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:59 AM   #60
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post
The thing is, my parents will get mad at me for buying a disc as theyíll tell me ďstop wasting money; just wait for it to be on Disney+!l
Are you still joined at the hip to your parents that you can't make your own decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post
Okay. Letís rephrase it to ďIíll already have access to their movies.Ē
No. You only think you do. Think of it like this: Disney is basically a big Blockbuster Video. You have access to rent the movie you want to see so long as it is in on the shelves. It could be rented out. Or in this scenario it could be removed. Which happens all the time on Netflix. What's to stop Disney from doing that. or any number of other scenarios. Steaming is the devil. Learn it quick.

Quote:

Chris
I won't. And I'm going to do my best to stick that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Oh I agree with this big time. Physical media is suddenly a bad thing around here just because D+ is out. Meh. Streaming is great for some stuff. I said SOME. Most enthusiasts definitely want their favorites on disc though and that includes Star Wars. Hell, Iíd love to get a release of TROS in 3D so Iíd have all the sequel films in 3D.

But, Iím fine with just getting the entire SW set in 4K on DISC. I will pay the money. If they restrict it to just streaming then eff that. Iíll just stick with the Blu-rayís. This sudden impending departure from physical media is pretty frustrating, IMO.

There is no sudden impending departure from physical media. It just looks that way. Those that have traded their discs for these magic beans will soon wake up to find they got bamboozled. It's the emperor's new clothes all over again. You only need to look at music to see how rotten it has gotten due to streaming. But people are fighting back there and streaming will eventually be kicked off the throne in musical terms.
Thanks given by:
MartinScorsesefan (01-07-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies