Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.54

Oceans: Our Blue Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Star Trek Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.91

Man of Steel 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 12-04-2019, 07:15 PM   #21

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
You've obviously never seen any of the murder mystery movies this homages.
All I know is that it was reviewed as this generation's Clue and it was certainly not that, for better or worse.
Thanks given by:
BouCoupDinkyDau (12-07-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 11:42 AM   #22
Expert Member

Jul 2018
Washington, DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jFug View Post
I feel Lionsgate is very liberal with it's 4K releases.
Really? The Lighthouse, The Farewell, Judy, Peanut butter Falcon, Long Shot, Midsommar, American Woman, High Life just to name some that aren’t getting a 4K release from this year alone. Some don’t even get proper Blu-ray’s (Under the Silver Lake, The Souvenir)
Thanks given by:
birdztudio (12-05-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #23

Oct 2019
Erie, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragnitoM View Post
Really? The Lighthouse, The Farewell, Judy, Peanut butter Falcon, Long Shot, Midsommar, American Woman, High Life just to name some that arenít getting a 4K release from this year alone. Some donít even get proper Blu-rayís (Under the Silver Lake, The Souvenir)
True, but I feel Lionsgate has, as of late, been releasing A LOT on the format. I'm including both new and older movies.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:32 PM   #24
Expert Member

Jul 2018
Washington, DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jFug View Post
True, but I feel Lionsgate has, as of late, been releasing A LOT on the format. I'm including both new and older movies.
I will praise them for releasing catalog titles people aren’t expecting—you’re right. But With new releases their track record is poor and too selective imo...
Thanks given by:
jFug (12-05-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 02:47 PM   #25
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicksvapor77 View Post
My point was that the other characters weren't developed at all. I wasn't advocating for equal development across the characters. Besides which, the marketing with everyone on the poster and everyone receiving a character poster made it seem like all the characters were important or at the very least more than just props or wallpaper, which they were not.

Regardless, I was responding to someone who shared similar thoughts. There is no reason to attack anyone for having a different opinion than you.
Of course there is. This is the internet after all. It doesn't accept different opinions. Now follow the leader.
Thanks given by:
Himmel (12-05-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 05:17 PM   #26

Apr 2016

Quote:
Really? The Lighthouse, The Farewell, Judy, Peanut butter Falcon, Long Shot, Midsommar, American Woman, High Life just to name some that aren’t getting a 4K release from this year alone. Some don’t even get proper Blu-ray’s (Under the Silver Lake, The Souvenir)
They’re not only skimping on disc but digital as well Peanut Butter Falcon,American Woman and Judy are only Hd digital and The Farewell has no HDR. Also The Lighthouse so far is listed as HD not 4K.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:21 PM   #27
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

How are they skimping on disc? I see them putting out a lot of movies on 4K UHD disc and Blu-ray even.
Thanks given by:
jFug (12-05-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 05:29 PM   #28
Expert Member

Jul 2018
Washington, DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
How are they skimping on disc? I see them putting out a lot of movies on 4K UHD disc and Blu-ray even.
They’re not though really. Well under half of their theatrical releases are get a UHD. Knives Out is good to see as they usually only put Action/horror releases on UHD. Scroll through Lionsgate release in release order and you can see what I mean
Old 12-05-2019, 05:39 PM   #29
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

Not true at all. Wonder is neither of those things and it got a 4K release. So did Van Wilder, Apocalypse Now, Ex-Machina, 3:10 to Yuma, Deepwater Horizon, Patriots Day, The Doors, Warm Bodies, Moonlight, La La Land, The Spy Who Dumped Me, The Lincoln Lawyer, Dirty Grandpa, Uncle Drew, and A Simple Favor.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:46 PM   #30
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010

Quote:
Really? The Lighthouse, The Farewell, Judy, Peanut butter Falcon, Long Shot, Midsommar, American Woman, High Life just to name some that arenít getting a 4K release from this year alone. Some donít even get proper Blu-rayís (Under the Silver Lake, The Souvenir)
The majority of those titles are from A24. Those have a very slim chance at getting UHD's on release date or not get a UHD at all.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:07 PM   #31
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

Bingo! A24 doesn't have the financials to support 4k releases most of the time.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:41 PM   #32
Expert Member

Jul 2018
Washington, DC

Quote:
Not true at all. Wonder is neither of those things and it got a 4K release. So did Van Wilder, Apocalypse Now, Ex-Machina, 3:10 to Yuma, Deepwater Horizon, Patriots Day, The Doors, Warm Bodies, Moonlight, La La Land, The Spy Who Dumped Me, The Lincoln Lawyer, Dirty Grandpa, Uncle Drew, and A Simple Favor.
My post was specifically talking about 2019 theatrical releases. I also said that they were better than other companies at releasing catalog titles. Whether they are A24 films or not they’re still distributed on home media by Lionsgate
Old 12-05-2019, 07:01 PM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

Only about 7 of those movies I mentioned are catalog titles. The rest are new releases. And it does matter whether they are A24 titles or not. As A24 generally doesn't perform very well too often at the box office and thus makes a 4K release less likely. Lionsgate only distributes them on home video so they have no real steak in them coming to 4K or. Not to mention, there is a deal I believe where most of them have to make $1,000,000 to even get a home video release. My guess is that $1,000,000 has to be actual take home and not box office. At least I think that is how the deal works. That being said a lot of A24 films do not do that.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:10 PM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2015
Dream within a dream
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
No... the card just needs to be hit with the dart.

You've obviously never seen any of the murder mystery movies this homages.
What were some of the murder mystery movies that this film homages? Would like to watch some of them (if I haven't seen them) before I check this one out.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:15 PM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2015
Dream within a dream
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Glad this is getting a 4k but really what makes Lionsgate decide to release some things in 4K and others not? Does it need to earn a certain amount of money?
Hunter Killer bombed the box office ($31.7 million on a budget of $40 million) but still got a 4K release. Guess we'll never know how studios factor in their decisions to release in 4K or not.
Thanks given by:
FragnitoM (12-05-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 07:18 PM   #36

Aug 2019
Texas

Quote:
Bingo! A24 doesn't have the financials to support 4k releases most of the time.
Regardless of this drawback, I still have a Good Time watching them on blu-ray.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:47 AM   #37

May 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcase View Post
My spouse and I were so excited to see this that we ventured to the theater -- which we've only done 4 times this year -- and we were both disappointed. It's an okay diversion, but the superb cast was severely under utilized and it was not as good as we'd expected/hoped. I assume this is supposed to be a comedy, but in our sold-out theater, there was maybe a chuckle once in a while; otherwise, it was dead silent.
I agree, I felt wanting out more of a few characters. It managed to hit the beats though.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:49 AM   #38

May 2019

Quote:
what is up with the under the silver lake bluray?
Old 12-06-2019, 05:57 AM   #39
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2015
Dream within a dream
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguitar View Post
what is up with the under the silver lake bluray?
It's not a pressed disc from the studios, but BD-R. Think Amazon is the only retailer you can purchase it from, and I've heard from others that when an order is placed for it, it is made/burned on demand to fulfill your order.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:10 AM   #40

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXOYE1989 View Post
Hunter Killer bombed the box office ($31.7 million on a budget of $40 million) but still got a 4K release. Guess we'll never know how studios factor in their decisions to release in 4K or not.
Hunter Killer is Lionsgate proper not A24 and is an Action film so itís more likely to get released.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies